Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Woj Bomb! Teague/Graham gone

Post by Thrillkill »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:55 pm Jon Krawczynski

@JonKrawczynski
Rosas on the flexibility this deal gives Wolves:
"We want to be positioned where we can take advantage of opportunities that present themselves where you can acquire a high-level player and give a team savings if they need it."
He is so full of shit. And full of himself. And he is shit so it makes sense.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:29 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 pm
NotRasho wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 pm If we trade for Dlo we might as well pack it up, were done for 5 years minimum.

Its literally a better idea to blow it up, trade Towns, trade everything, than to trade for Dlo. Hes a borderline negative player on a max contract, hes Wiggins caliber.

But hey, TV told you hes an all star!

Just fucking puke.
I agree. He's a volume scorer with no major standout skills. He doesn't play D, turns the ball over at a high clip, an okay passer but nothing out of the ordinary. I think if people are expecting Russell to take this team to another level, they will be woefully dissatisfied with his play.
If we acquire dlo I’d imagine it would lead to Wiggins on his way out as well, that’s what was speculated in the offseason when we went after dlo. Towns-dlo-a third piece is not a bad core to plan around. The people opposed to dlo think he would need to carry this team, which wouldn’t be the case
Who's the "third piece" you have virtually no assets left after the DLo trade.

Who's taking Wiggins? No one!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:59 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:55 pm Jon Krawczynski

@JonKrawczynski
Rosas on the flexibility this deal gives Wolves:
"We want to be positioned where we can take advantage of opportunities that present themselves where you can acquire a high-level player and give a team savings if they need it."
He is so full of shit. And full of himself. And he is shit so it makes sense.
Why?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Robert Covington Trade Talks Pick Up With Rockets, Mavs, 76ers Interested
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Listen, boy's. This is just a "Reshuffling" of sorts. Nothing to see here.

These moves were completely manufactured in the pursuit of DLO.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:31 pm Listen, boy's. This is just a "Reshuffling" of sorts. Nothing to see here.

I’ve read that too. I just don’t see how it helps.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:01 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 pm
I agree. He's a volume scorer with no major standout skills. He doesn't play D, turns the ball over at a high clip, an okay passer but nothing out of the ordinary. I think if people are expecting Russell to take this team to another level, they will be woefully dissatisfied with his play.
If we acquire dlo I’d imagine it would lead to Wiggins on his way out as well, that’s what was speculated in the offseason when we went after dlo. Towns-dlo-a third piece is not a bad core to plan around. The people opposed to dlo think he would need to carry this team, which wouldn’t be the case

Rosas claimed he had a deal for Wiggins lined up had dlo not opted for golden st.

With crabbe’s deal off the books next year, the hope you can off load dieng’s deal and use that space to acquire a third piece.
Style

Post by Style »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:27 pm Robert Covington Trade Talks Pick Up With Rockets, Mavs, 76ers Interested
Let the bidding war begin!

The DLo leak can only help.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Rosas claimed he had a deal for Wiggins lined up had dlo not opted for golden st.

With crabbe’s deal off the books next year, the hope you can off load dieng’s deal and use that space to acquire a third piece.
Had one all lined up for Garland too.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

If he had a deal for Wiggins and didn't take it, he's a moron.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:20 pm

All reports I've seen on the matter said he had a deal(s) lined up to make DLo happen. Not sure if they were necessarily Wiggins. But the other team(s) pulled out, making the DLo signing impossible even if he did want to come here.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Teague and Graham are great to have gone.

Wiggins next please.
populousample

Post by populousample »

Bob Wiley wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:33 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:31 pm Listen, boy's. This is just a "Reshuffling" of sorts. Nothing to see here.

I’ve read that too. I just don’t see how it helps.
Strike 1 Garland
Strike 2 DLO (1st attempt)
Strike 3 .... unless there is a following deal in place to improve the roster Rosas is whiffing again with the Crabbe trade

I’m not sure Prigioni was around for Crabbe in BRK but if he was I’m concerned they traded for him because they like him...
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm

All reports I've seen on the matter said he had a deal(s) lined up to make DLo happen. Not sure if they were necessarily Wiggins. But the other team(s) pulled out, making the DLo signing impossible even if he did want to come here.
Rosas said he had a path to DLO, this was it:

populousample

Post by populousample »

Teague was off the books next year as well. You have to imagine/hope they ship out an expiring PG for an expiring chucker because they have plans to bring in another PG. But they had plans for PGs Garland and DLO and Rosas couldn’t deliver so we may be left we Culver and an expiring chucker. At least he isn’t trying to sell signing mana from heaven
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 pm

Step 1 was Dlo was choosing us over the Warriors which didn't happen.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Step 2 was Rosas riding around in a helicopter with DLO and KAT after Step 1 had been agreed to, looking like a total dildo.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Step 2 was Rosas riding around in a helicopter with DLO and KAT after Step 1 had been agreed to, looking like a total dildo.
DLo had already decided to go to the Warriors before the helicopter ride and everyone found out during the ride...

Right from the get go DLo chose the Warriors and was just giving the Wolves the run around.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

j2j

Post by j2j »

Settle down, spaz.

j2j

Post by j2j »

populousample wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:51 pm

Teague was off the books next year as well. You have to imagine/hope they ship out an expiring PG for an expiring chucker because they have plans to bring in another PG. But they had plans for PGs Garland and DLO and Rosas couldn’t deliver so we may be left we Culver and an expiring chucker. At least he isn’t trying to sell signing mana from heaven
Can you repeat the part where you said all about the things?

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Someone give me a TL/DR on this thread, please.

We traded Teague/Graham (two players I can absolutely do without) for Alan Crabbe? He's kind of a nobody wing, right? This isn't a "we're getting better" deal, right? This is a "were positioning for something else" deal, right?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm Someone give me a TL/DR on this thread, please.

We traded Teague/Graham (two players I can absolutely do without) for Alan Crabbe? He's kind of a nobody wing, right? This isn't a "we're getting better" deal, right? This is a "were positioning for something else" deal, right?
Correct.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:50 pm Someone give me a TL/DR on this thread, please.

Correct.
So what is the value?

Teague seems to be the superior player in the deal. Both he and Crabbe are expiring. Why do the deal? I don't mind it, but what flexibility did we gain? Did we get a draft pick back or something? Is it just the roster spot we clear by dumping Graham in a 2 for 1?

- Carl Jung
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:06 pm

Correct.
So what is the value?

Teague seems to be the superior player in the deal. Both he and Crabbe are expiring. Why do the deal? I don't mind it, but what flexibility did we gain? Did we get a draft pick back or something? Is it just the roster spot we clear by dumping Graham in a 2 for 1?
Open roster spot which which we could use to bring up some GLeaguer's or, most likely, just more flexibility in trades in the sense that we wont have to send an equal amount of players in a trade.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

j2j

Post by j2j »

Correct.
So what is the value?

We opened up 2.1mil in space away from the Luxury Tax, which we're hard capped from going over that, so it helps, plus the extra roster spot. As well as Crabbe's bird rights, a player who is familiar with both Pablo and David, if we do desire keeping him. While getting rid of 2 guys who didnt fit. It's obviously not a slam dunk trade, but rather a likely sign of things to come.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Correct.
So what is the value?

We opened up 2.1mil in space away from the Luxury Tax, which we're hard capped from going over that, so it helps, plus the extra roster spot. As well as Crabbe's bird rights, a player who is familiar with both Pablo and David, if we do desire keeping him. While getting rid of 2 guys who didnt fit. It's obviously not a slam dunk trade, but rather a likely sign of things to come.
Sure. So bottom line, nothing to get real excited about. But maybe more to come.

- Carl Jung
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Jodaaaa just sit back and let Rosas work his magic
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Since no one agrees with me about Teague, I thought I would share this link. Though still somewhat opinion based, read what they say about Teague’s numbers and value. This was an absolute waste unless you seriously intend to sign and keep Crabbe. If you do, then you just committed to trading away one of our already plentiful wings. Okogie, Culver, Nowell, Roco, Layman, And KBD can all fill the position. Crabbe is unable to be packaged in a trade until after the deadline and his contract expires at the end of the season. His bird rights are still ours for a sign and trade, but that is essentially the only value we got for Teague. I give this D+ at best.

Edit to add. If you convert Martin from G league to NBA contract, now you are even more log jammed at the wing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... eport/amp/
j2j

Post by j2j »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm

So what is the value?

Sure. So bottom line, nothing to get real excited about. But maybe more to come.
Exactly.

T_J

Post by T_J »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:12 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:07 pm
DLo had already decided to go to the Warriors before the helicopter ride and everyone found out during the ride...

Right from the get go DLo chose the Warriors and was just giving the Wolves the run around.
Somwhow he gives KAT no blame there despite it being his bff.