Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Next 12 Games before the trade deadline

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Next 12 Games before the trade deadline

Post by T_J »

15-23 currently. Where will be in 12 games? The Atlanta game is Feb 5th, the day before the trade deadline. 8/12 are at home where we've actually been worse, but this is basically it if we make a run for the 8th seed or probably tank tank tank.

vs OKC - L
vs Indiana - L
@ Indiana - L
vs Toronto - L
vs Denver - L
@ Chicago - L
vs Houston - L
vs OKC - L
vs Sacramento - L
@ LAC - L
@ Sacramento - L
vs Atlanta - L

If Towns comes back, I could see the team re-energized and steal some of these, but it's not an easy stretch. I'm going to guess 4-8...so 19-31 at the deadline....at which point it'll be time to sell off anything they can.
Last edited by T_J on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
flexbuffchest

Re: Next 12 Games before the trade deadline

Post by flexbuffchest »

Queue the constant (even more so) trade KAT suggestions.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

We’re tanking.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

On our usual path of mediocrity. Getting tired of it. We should be striving every season for worst or first. Pick one then perform it.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

KAT already ruled out tonight. He's added being "sick" to his made-up knee injury.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

feekdogg wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:41 am KAT already ruled out tonight. He's added being "sick" to his made-up knee injury.
….and he's the supposed leader of this group of Pups. Stealin money, that's all it is. :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am On our usual path of mediocrity. Getting tired of it. We should be striving every season for worst or first. Pick one then perform it.
Yep. Said it before, this team can't even lose right.

Towns showing us nothing about taking this team on his back either.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 am
kilkenny wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:24 am On our usual path of mediocrity. Getting tired of it. We should be striving every season for worst or first. Pick one then perform it.
Yep. Said it before, this team can't even lose right.

Towns showing us nothing about taking this team on his back either.
KAT is doing exactly what is asked of him by Rosas and Ryan.

The more depressing thing for me here is that this is kind of a big string of games at a time that would signal they want to improve and make a move for the playoffs. Instead they are pulling strings to ensure failure.

With this direction I now expect Rosas to do nothing worth a damn before the trade deadline.

Full tank is on.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

so who are they tanking for?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Full tank is NOT on. We're a dumb team if it is on and we go and win 4 of 7 games.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:06 pm so who are they tanking for?
Your guess is better than mine, it appears you follow college hoops really closely and usually have good insight on the players.

My guess is that Rosas just needs the best assets possible right now. The better the pick, the more it’s worth for whatever he decides to do. THIBBS left the cupboards bare.

winforlose

Post by winforlose »

What pisses me off is that I don’t think they know. I think the concept is similar to the Bucks when they transitioned to a deep threat. The idea that given enough time players like Towns and Wiggins will improve their shooting (like a certain Greek Freak.) The problem is that this team could be winning if we played the right way. Instead it is all about cementing a scheme that while good in theory, does not work when the focus is small ball.

Small ball is a trade of size for speed. It requires quite a bit of speed and ball handling from your stretch four. Roco is not that guy. Of course, sacrificing size means losing rebounds and giving up second chance points. Honestly, with a better coach you get better results, but I hate watching Rosas and Ryan squander a season with literally no goal other than to teach a system that is doomed without a solid PG and/or a third star.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Dude this season is so f*cked it’s unreal. The beginning of every season starts out fun and then by thanksgiving I’m completely tuned out. I see the bigger plan, but my god this has to be the worst season in 20 years to watch.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 pm Full tank is NOT on. We're a dumb team if it is on and we go and win 4 of 7 games.
We’ve been resting a bunch of our talent. If they win, we did what we could.

We’re never going to catch GSW, ATL, NY, CLE, but we have as good a shot as any other team at finishing 5th worst.

That’s tanking.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i don't think there's anyone to tank for in this draft. why tank this year? hell, nbadraft.net has daniel oturu at #10 - he wasn't even mocked as drafted just a few months back. that's how fluxed out this thing is. and cole anthony - who earlier was a top three guy - is now being mocked around 9. who wants to go after wiseman - quits his team and might not be built for today's game anyway. you want the circus that's going to come with lamelo? i could go on. anyway, point being - this more than most years i can remember seems tankproof. why would teams sacrifice building their team today for a chance at a top pick whiff? just play the damn games straight up and pick some kid in july. end of story.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:23 pm
kilkenny wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:30 pm Full tank is NOT on. We're a dumb team if it is on and we go and win 4 of 7 games.
We’ve been resting a bunch of our talent. If they win, we did what we could.

We’re never going to catch GSW, ATL, NY, CLE, but we have as good a shot as any other team at finishing 5th worst.

That’s tanking.
If it is then I stand by my previous comment. Go into the season with a fucking goal. Otherwise here we go again with mediocrity. This franchise is bipolar.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The idiot has no idea. He knows some guys say tank though. They also say trade up........and shoot 3's.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Maybe Rosas can trade a guy that fits the system, can shoot the 3 like he wants, and move up in the 2020 draft for a guy that doesn’t fit his system, can’t shoot, and isn’t actually the player he wanted?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:44 pm
The idiot has no idea. He knows some guys say tank though. They also say trade up........and shoot 3's.
will say i heard gersson interviewed by alan horton on the radio broadcast of a recent game. turned on the radio during the middle of it so didn't hear his introduction - but from the sounds of him and some of the rahrah things he was saying about player development and the iowa squad - i initially thought he was probably an iowa ASSISTANT coach. was shocked when they identified him. very aw shucks and gooberlike. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 pm
will say i heard gersson interviewed by alan horton on the radio broadcast of a recent game. turned on the radio during the middle of it so didn't hear his introduction - but from the sounds of him and some of the rahrah things he was saying about player development and the iowa squad - i initially thought he was probably an iowa ASSISTANT coach. was shocked when they identified him. very aw shucks and gooberlike. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Reading the tea leaves it appears Rosas will need to make a signature move sooner than later. By that I mean this off-season at the latest. He royally fucked the draft and how badly he screwed it became apparent the first week of January in his first season. His moves in the draft and FA actually pushed the Team further backwards. This is due to his player acquisitions and exacerbated by his adherence to a System the players don’t have the skills to play.

Just from the looks of the players on the floor (and not on the floor), along with the media rumblings you know are being leaked. Rosas could lose the Team (KAT) before the start of next season. He had KAT and Wiggins full buy in and it appeared Covington was in as well during the off-season and preseason. At this point KAT and Wiggins know their season is fucked and that it’s now all about the rookies being developed in their place the rest of the season, Covington knows he is trade bait, hell it was announced. I’m sure these 3 guys could give a royal rats ass right now.

With the West as weak as it is, Rosas and Ryan look like a couple of shitbrains for not trying to pull as much as they can out of this roster. They would have gained more credibility with these 3 players and the fans, it would have bought Rosas more time to build the roster he is hoping to get to. Now I believe he has painted himself into a corner with his primary players (in particular KAT).

Rosas is getting a very hard lesson, a lot due to an empty cabinet left for him by THIBBS and some from his very early own doing. ROSAS needs to get up on the JOB.....and fast!!!

T_J

Post by T_J »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:30 am
Reading the tea leaves it appears Rosas will need to make a signature move sooner than later. By that I mean this off-season at the latest. He royally fucked the draft and how badly he screwed it became apparent the first week of January in his first season. His moves in the draft and FA actually pushed the Team further backwards. This is due to his player acquisitions and exacerbated by his adherence to a System the players don’t have the skills to play.

Just from the looks of the players on the floor (and not on the floor), along with the media rumblings you know are being leaked. Rosas could lose the Team (KAT) before the start of next season. He had KAT and Wiggins full buy in and it appeared Covington was in as well during the off-season and preseason. At this point KAT and Wiggins know their season is fucked and that it’s now all about the rookies being developed in their place the rest of the season, Covington knows he is trade bait, hell it was announced. I’m sure these 3 guys could give a royal rats ass right now.

With the West as weak as it is, Rosas and Ryan look like a couple of shitbrains for not trying to pull as much as they can out of this roster. They would have gained more credibility with these 3 players and the fans, it would have bought Rosas more time to build the roster he is hoping to get to. Now I believe he has painted himself into a corner with his primary players (in particular KAT).

Rosas is getting a very hard lesson, a lot due to an empty cabinet left for him by THIBBS and some from his very early own doing. ROSAS needs to get up on the JOB.....and fast!!!

Everything you said here is either wrong, contradicts itself, or is your dumb opinion presented as fact.

Congratulations! The trifecta of stupid!
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Culver is number 2 behind Morant on the rookie ladder. Royally fucked the draft?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 am

Everything you said here is either wrong, contradicts itself, or is your dumb opinion presented as fact.

Congratulations! The trifecta of stupid!
Nice comeback. Can you read? Everything he said is true.

Congrats. You are the true rube that the idiot thinks we all are.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 am

Culver is number 2 behind Morant on the rookie ladder. Royally fucked the draft?
:lol: Jesus you are simple.

So he trades a good shooter with excellent trade value, does it before the guy we want is available on the clock, doesn't get him, takes the worst fit for his system possible because he knows he can still trade back because for the 2nd time he believes draft smoke, fails to trade back and is stuck with a guy he doesn't want. But you think it's a great draft because Culver has 2 good weeks and now the idiot will be able to trade him for pennies on the dollar. :lol:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:40 pm

So he trades a good shooter with excellent trade value, does it before the guy we want is available on the clock, doesn't get him, takes the worst fit for his system possible because he knows he can still trade back because for the 2nd time he believes draft smoke, fails to trade back and is stuck with a guy he doesn't want. But you think it's a great draft because Culver has 2 good weeks and now the idiot will be able to trade him for pennies on the dollar. :lol:
Who's this good shooter you speak of?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Simple? Simple is a guy who gives up on a rookie too early. Simple is a guy who looks at Saric and thinks he's a key player. Hmmm, that's you! :lol:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Saric, excellent trade value...ummmmm
T_J

Post by T_J »

Saric hasn't gotten 20 mpg since before Christmas. The team that traded down to get him doesn't even play him minutes anymore.

He's shooting like shit and is a bleh player.

Thrill thinks he's an allstar.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Simple? Simple is a guy who gives up on a rookie too early. Simple is a guy who looks at Saric and thinks he's a key player. Hmmm, that's you! :lol:
Simple is the kind of illiterate that can't read enough to see that I have been Culver's biggest supporter here. I have said start him since week 3. How does that change how big a fuck up draft night was? How many mistakes were made? How? Is Culver's 2 week hot streak a time machine? Does he fit the idiot's system now? Does he fit the roster?

Since you can't read have someone who can show you where I said Saric was a key player. Then have him slap you for trying to think and read at the same time when you can't do one. Saric FIT the IDIOT's system. IDIOT. And he had huge trade value that we pissed away.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

T_J wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:23 pm Saric hasn't gotten 20 mpg since before Christmas. The team that traded down to get him doesn't even play him minutes anymore.

He's shooting like shit and is a bleh player.

Thrill thinks he's an allstar.
And we had all the signs of this before we traded him, oddly so did PHX. We should be elated we got what we did, but to think there was more...