Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jffl_commish

Re: *** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

Post by jffl_commish »

T_J wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 am Maybe this isn't that crazy. I don't know if even knowing they're going to see Drummond walk for nothing if they'd want Wiggins without a sweetner.

Wiggins for Drummond.

Drummond player option next year for $28m. 26 years old. I wouldn't be mad if he exercised the option or if he walked. Maybe he'd fit with KAT, although he certainly doesn't seem to fit the style we've tried this year.
I like it. Move KAT to the 4. Defense and rebounding is instantly improved a ton with that addition/subtraction.

Napier
Culver
RoCo
KAT
Drummond

Let's play.
Let's get Tropical
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:31 am
T_J wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 am Maybe this isn't that crazy. I don't know if even knowing they're going to see Drummond walk for nothing if they'd want Wiggins without a sweetner.

Wiggins for Drummond.

Drummond player option next year for $28m. 26 years old. I wouldn't be mad if he exercised the option or if he walked. Maybe he'd fit with KAT, although he certainly doesn't seem to fit the style we've tried this year.
I like it. Move KAT to the 4. Defense and rebounding is instantly improved a ton with that addition/subtraction.

Napier
Culver
RoCo
KAT
Drummond

Let's play.
The only reason I don't think Detroit takes on Wiggins is because they are locked in with that terrible BG contract for another two years after this season. That is heavy fucking money for just two guys, specifically one who is one of the most injury prone guys in the league. They have Jackson coming off the books, and I bet Snell will opt out since it's a shitty FA crop, so it's possible they can absorb Wiggins? I just think it's probably unlikely for them to take on big money that exceeds BG's contract. Would you bank on a two year window of Wiggins and Blake? Wiggins is already playing with a way better big, and it's not exactly a winning formula as it sits.

I do think Sac, Cha, or NY is the only logical destinations for Wiggins....darkhouse of Toronto, but that's way more tricky.

That all being said, I'd like Drummond for a test drive. Now if they wouldn't want to take Wiggins, would you do Dieng, Roco for AD and one their young projects or expirings? Thon Maker, Morris....maybe Roco's value is high enough to sneak away Sekou?
T_J

Post by T_J »

digitalwolf wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Wiggins for Drummond.

Napier
Culver
RoCo
KAT
Drummond

Let's play.
The only reason I don't think Detroit takes on Wiggins is because they are locked in with that terrible BG contract for another two years after this season. That is heavy fucking money for just two guys, specifically one who is one of the most injury prone guys in the league. They have Jackson coming off the books, and I bet Snell will opt out since it's a shitty FA crop, so it's possible they can absorb Wiggins? I just think it's probably unlikely for them to take on big money that exceeds BG's contract. Would you bank on a two year window of Wiggins and Blake? Wiggins is already playing with a way better big, and it's not exactly a winning formula as it sits.

I do think Sac, Cha, or NY is the only logical destinations for Wiggins....darkhouse of Toronto, but that's way more tricky.

That all being said, I'd like Drummond for a test drive. Now if they wouldn't want to take Wiggins, would you do Dieng, Roco for AD and one their young projects or expirings? Thon Maker, Morris....maybe Roco's value is high enough to sneak away Sekou?
Yes I would do that.

I put Detroit on the level of run stupidly as those other squads you mentioned (aside from Toronto). Figured they can sell 2-3 years of hope on Wiggins hosting 25 shots a game while they can almost sell relevancy.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

T_J wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:08 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Napier
Culver
RoCo
KAT
Drummond

Let's play.

Yes I would do that.

I put Detroit on the level of run stupidly as those other squads you mentioned (aside from Toronto). Figured they can sell 2-3 years of hope on Wiggins hosting 25 shots a game while they can almost sell relevancy.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Detroit is anywhere near an elite ran franchise. I just think the swung for the fences once bringing in BG to pair with Drummond. Now, if they have an example of Wiggins with an elite offensive big and it doesn't work, I could see why they would be skeptical. But your idea def isn't crazy, I just think they'd be interested in other things. I'll be interested if NY offers them something silly or not (not that they have much).
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:43 pm I would trade Rosas for a mild case of Aids.
That would be a win for the forum not for the Wolves!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Get ready. This will spur a panic induced horrible move that does the impossible and puts us in a worse spot. No way the idiot doesn't try to show how he is still smarter than the other GM's who's teams aren't currently careening off a cliff at break neck speed.

Mandate morons. You got what you wanted. Enjoy
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Combining some rumors and offering up a 4 team deal and 5 total trades overall. So it will not happen. 2 of the trades are combined deals so really 3 trades.

All trades work money wise. Within this sequence.

All trades agreed upon but must happen in a certain order for those who must be dealt separate. Light interest in expirings as we wont get FAs we really want to sign here anyways so using them for signed guys.

Trade 1: Sac trades D. Dedmon, H. Giles and their 2nd rd pick and future considerations for A. Crabbe. Gets out from Dedmon and gets expiring cap space. Future considerations used in trade 3 as they owed us a little value. Apart of trade #3

Trade 2: Orlando trades Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross for Andrew Wiggins and Sac 2nd.

Trade 3.
Indi In: B. Bogdanovic, N. Bjelica, A. Simons, Min 2nd
Out: M. Turner, J. Holiday, A. Holiday
Port in: R. Covington, G. Dieng
Out: H. Whiteside, A. Simons, 21" 1st, 20' 2nd
Sac in: M. Turner, Noah Vonleh, (from trade #1 future considerations and Crabbe)
Out: B. Bogdanovic, N. Bjelica, (Dedmon, Giles, 2nd)
Min In: H. Whiteside, J. Holiday, A. Holiday, 21st 1st
Out: R. Covington, G. Dieng, N. Vonleh

Trade 4: Bulls trade Otto Porter, future considerations for H. Whiteside
Trade 5: Bulls trade Denzel Valentine for J. Bell and Portland 2nd and future considerations as apart of trade #4.

Portland deal for RoCo and Dieng has been offered up without the 2nd. Tell add that and its done.
Chicago going for whiteside but we are portland a,b and c option. We take Chicago deal.
Sac gets out from Dedmon gets cap space and Miles Turner for their prize in Bogdan, Turner likely fits with Divac plans and gives them Bagley Turner frontcourt. Sure they could resign bogdan, but with Heild already signed and Fox about to be. Not gonna let Fox walk to keep Bogdan nor go into tax.
Indi know to have tried hard to sign the other Bogdanovic this offseason. After striking out getting Bogdan and Belly fits with Sabonis taking over and their logjam of PGs, while getting a talented young sg in Simons and a good 2nd.
Really tried to make everyone happy with the trades to make it as close to plausible as possible.

Im enamored with Aaron Holiday since the rumor we tried for him once. Really the perfect fit for what we want.
Porter if comes back healthy is like RoCo light even at Wiggins cost at least Porter has heart.
And nice bench pieces Dedmon better served to get Diengs minutes still a spendy back up at 13 mil, but better than Dieng money and Dedmon still a solid backup center. Giles cheap and talented, Ross awesome last year not so much this year but a sparkplug off the bench in hopes of getting back to 6man of the year conversation like last year. Valentine we have all liked him since his draft.

K. Towns/D. Dedmon/N. Reid
A. Gordon/H. Giles/KBD
O. Porter/T. Ross/J. Layman
J. Culver/D. Valentine/J. Okogie/J. Holiday
A. Holiday/S. Napier/(Culver)

Keep our own 1st this year, trade away our 2nds as we dont really have room nor a good draft. Portland and our 1st next year, portland 1st unprotected as they want to ensure convey before double draft 22.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Seenin wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:31 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:43 pm I would trade Rosas for a mild case of Aids.
:lol:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Can we attach a 1st to get the deal done?
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

mglviks wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:40 am Combining some rumors and offering up a 4 team deal and 5 total trades overall. So it will not happen. 2 of the trades are combined deals so really 3 trades.

All trades work money wise. Within this sequence.

All trades agreed upon but must happen in a certain order for those who must be dealt separate. Light interest in expirings as we wont get FAs we really want to sign here anyways so using them for signed guys.

Trade 1: Sac trades D. Dedmon, H. Giles and their 2nd rd pick and future considerations for A. Crabbe. Gets out from Dedmon and gets expiring cap space. Future considerations used in trade 3 as they owed us a little value. Apart of trade #3

Trade 2: Orlando trades Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross for Andrew Wiggins and Sac 2nd.

Trade 3.
Indi In: B. Bogdanovic, N. Bjelica, A. Simons, Min 2nd
Out: M. Turner, J. Holiday, A. Holiday
Port in: R. Covington, G. Dieng
Out: H. Whiteside, A. Simons, 21" 1st, 20' 2nd
Sac in: M. Turner, Noah Vonleh, (from trade #1 future considerations and Crabbe)
Out: B. Bogdanovic, N. Bjelica, (Dedmon, Giles, 2nd)
Min In: H. Whiteside, J. Holiday, A. Holiday, 21st 1st
Out: R. Covington, G. Dieng, N. Vonleh

Trade 4: Bulls trade Otto Porter, future considerations for H. Whiteside
Trade 5: Bulls trade Denzel Valentine for J. Bell and Portland 2nd and future considerations as apart of trade #4.

Portland deal for RoCo and Dieng has been offered up without the 2nd. Tell add that and its done.
Chicago going for whiteside but we are portland a,b and c option. We take Chicago deal.
Sac gets out from Dedmon gets cap space and Miles Turner for their prize in Bogdan, Turner likely fits with Divac plans and gives them Bagley Turner frontcourt. Sure they could resign bogdan, but with Heild already signed and Fox about to be. Not gonna let Fox walk to keep Bogdan nor go into tax.
Indi know to have tried hard to sign the other Bogdanovic this offseason. After striking out getting Bogdan and Belly fits with Sabonis taking over and their logjam of PGs, while getting a talented young sg in Simons and a good 2nd.
Really tried to make everyone happy with the trades to make it as close to plausible as possible.

Im enamored with Aaron Holiday since the rumor we tried for him once. Really the perfect fit for what we want.
Porter if comes back healthy is like RoCo light even at Wiggins cost at least Porter has heart.
And nice bench pieces Dedmon better served to get Diengs minutes still a spendy back up at 13 mil, but better than Dieng money and Dedmon still a solid backup center. Giles cheap and talented, Ross awesome last year not so much this year but a sparkplug off the bench in hopes of getting back to 6man of the year conversation like last year. Valentine we have all liked him since his draft.

K. Towns/D. Dedmon/N. Reid
A. Gordon/H. Giles/KBD
O. Porter/T. Ross/J. Layman
J. Culver/D. Valentine/J. Okogie/J. Holiday
A. Holiday/S. Napier/(Culver)

Keep our own 1st this year, trade away our 2nds as we dont really have room nor a good draft. Portland and our 1st next year, portland 1st unprotected as they want to ensure convey before double draft 22.
Just swap Okogie for Aaron Holiday and leave the other busts alone.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Last edited by Moses Scurry on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

:lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Kelly LeBrock, damn!
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Gordon for Wiggins! GET IT DONE!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

WTF, can't embed and play it for some reason.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 pm WTF, can't embed and play it for some reason.
Joel?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:39 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 pm WTF, can't embed and play it for some reason.
Joel?
That took me a while to get it. :lol:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

j2j

Post by j2j »

I don't think the nuts and bolts of this are terrible, but probably needs some adjustment with the picks.

Minnesota Gives - Robert Covington and Gorgui Dieng
Minnesota Gets - D'Angelo Russell and Nene Hilario

Houston Gives - Clint Capela, Danuel House, Thabo Sefolosha
Houston Gets - Robert Covington and Gorgui Dieng

Washington Gives - Ian Mahinmi and FRP(Lottery Protected 2020 and 2021, 2 SRP in 2022)
Washington Gets - Clint Capela and Danuel House(CJ Miles TPE)

Golden State Gives - D'Angelo Russell
Golden State Gets - Ian Mahinmi(Andre Iguodola TPE), Thabo Sefolosha(Treveon Graham TPE), $27.3mil TPE, Washington FRP(Lottery Protected 2020 and 2021, 2 SRP in 2022)

Probably some extra picks in there somewhere, but the numbers work.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=r5ojpfr
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

If this ends up being a 4 team trade, than Rosas is a crazy insane mad scientist.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 pm If this ends up being a 4 team trade, than Rosas is a crazy insane mad scientist.
Keep in mind Rosas knows how to us a TI-85 and he hired the creator of the ESPN Trade Machine.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***