Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Re: *** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm Welp, you guys nailed the crazy insane part.
People are very passionate about Kyle Kuzma.
Someone is passionate about me.

:oops:

:no:
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

T_J wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:42 pm How long till this thread is locked?
The funny thing is I posted an actual trade scenario and it got lost in the shuffle of whatever those two were on about. The Knicks want Drummond and are working on a trade with Detroit. Detroit is looking to unload Griffin as well. New York could accomplish this if they do two things. First, send an unprotected first to Detroit, and second find a bunch of expiring contracts to give Detroit (I read they want to clear the books and go into a rebuild.) if we throw Teague and some of our one year contracts the money works and the trade goes through. We get back DSJ and Portis. Not a huge move for us, but I like the idea of buying low on DSJ and getting someone like Portis couldn’t hurt.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Leave it to those two dipshits to turn everything into a fucking cat fight.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Rasho and TT, please stop this in my thread. I respect both of you as sociopaths, please respect my thread and winforlose's home away from home.

TIA, The Management.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 am Rasho and TT, please stop this in my thread. I respect both of you as sociopaths, please respect my thread and winforlose's home away from home.

TIA, The Management.

no kidding. talk about a vomit contest.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 am Rasho and TT, please stop this in my thread. I respect both of you as sociopaths, please respect my thread and winforlose's home away from home.

TIA, The Management.
Hey man, I was talking about Kuzma.

Rasho is the one talking about running trains on Central Americans and his thoughts on how to be a man. Take it up with him.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

TIA, The Management.

Rasho is the one talking about running trains on Central Americans and his thoughts on how to be a man. Take it up with him.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 am

TIA, The Management.

Be the bigger man! Strive to be great!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 am
thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 am

TIA, The Management.

Be the bigger man! Strive to be great!
Tell it to the mods. The guy should be permanently banned.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 am Be the bigger man! Strive to be great!
This little place that ABE has kindly provided requires a little policing and care by "Us". Grow-up, show a little restraint, and don't add to the noise.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Lightning wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 am
thinktank wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 am Be the bigger man! Strive to be great!
This little place that ABE has kindly provided requires a little policing and care by "Us". Grow-up, show a little restraint, and don't add to the noise.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

TIA, The Management.
Still duche to take pot shots at me. Just saying.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Seriously dude, it's a joke.
Style

Post by Style »

Sacramento might be the only franchise dumber than the Wolves.

Hit them up with some type of Wiggins/Culver/picks for Fox/Hield offer.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Westbrook and Culver to Phoneix, Rubio, Dieng, and Roco to Houston, Booker to Wolves. That is what I would suggest. Find a PG later by trading Wiggins.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Rosas had deals in place to sign DLo. Assuming that was Wigs going out. Ready for that deal now!
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Min in: D. Russell, D. Dedmon, B. Bogdanovic, H. Giles

GS in: R. Covington, G. Dieng, J. Okogie, W. Gabriel, MN 2nd in 22 (the double draft) better of ours or from 76ers.

Sac in: A. Wiggins, K. Looney, MN 1st (top 10 pro in 20, lotto pro 21, unprotected 22)

GS wants the first but added in Okogie and a very valuable 2nd.

Sac has negative in Dedmon, get Looney for Giles and Bogdan who couldnt get to sign. One of few team who may value a little Wigs. Gets 1st which goes unprotected in double draft to facilitate deal and take on wigs.

Fox, Hield, Wiggins, Bagley is formidable.

Not gonna happen cause they would want to dump barnes but do get out from dedmon. But crazy thread.

DLo
Culver
Bogdanovic
Giles
Towns
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

mglviks wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm Min in: D. Russell, D. Dedmon, B. Bogdanovic, H. Giles

GS in: R. Covington, G. Dieng, J. Okogie, W. Gabriel, MN 2nd in 22 (the double draft) better of ours or from 76ers.

Sac in: A. Wiggins, K. Looney, MN 1st (top 10 pro in 20, lotto pro 21, unprotected 22)

Sac has negative in Dedmon, get Looney for Giles and Bogdan who couldnt get to sign. One of few team who may value a little Wigs. Gets 1st which goes unprotected in double draft to facilitate deal and take on wigs.

Not gonna happen cause they would want to dump barnes but do get out from dedmon. But crazy thread.

DLo
Culver
Bogdanovic
Giles
Towns
Giles isn't really good and his knees are due for a blowout anytime now....but adding BB would be the big thing here....and of course, resigning him. If you do that...insert Diop in that starting lineup and the only bad shooter is Culver. So for me, this would be cool....but only based on the fact the we could retain BB.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 pm
mglviks wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:20 pm Min in: D. Russell, D. Dedmon, B. Bogdanovic, H. Giles

DLo
Culver
Bogdanovic
Giles
Towns
Giles isn't really good and his knees are due for a blowout anytime now....but adding BB would be the big thing here....and of course, resigning him. If you do that...insert Diop in that starting lineup and the only bad shooter is Culver. So for me, this would be cool....but only based on the fact the we could retain BB.
We would have his birdy rights and crabbe will be off the books think we would still come slight ahead here to cap wise with wigs, cov and dieng out going. Think we could sign Bogdan.

BB is one of my favorite players.

Pretty large 3way trade so know it wouldnt happen, but tried to give value to all parties. Certainly seen more outlandish trade ideas.

I want the twins to get Ken Giles and wolves to get Harry so I can buy my son Giles their jerseys! Plus harry can flash a bit. I did put him in the starting 5 but actually was thinking the same with KBD at the 4 spot or Vonleh.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

As long as we're getting crazy

T_J

Post by T_J »

Dan33185 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:47 am As long as we're getting crazy

I'd give up alot more than that but I like where you're going with this.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Lowry tells Toronto he won't re-sign and figures they better get something for him. Wolves ship them Wiggins and Vonleh. Done.
Let's get Tropical
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I would trade Rosas for a mild case of Aids.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Ainge is do for a bad deal

Must take wiggins to get kat.
We take Gordan Haywards bad contract but less years and matches up when Tatum needs to max out.

Boston sends: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward and Robert Williams for Towns, Wiggins and Vonleh.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:30 pm Ainge is do for a bad deal

Must take wiggins to get kat.
We take Gordan Haywards bad contract but less years and matches up when Tatum needs to max out.

Boston sends: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward and Robert Williams for Towns, Wiggins and Vonleh.
I'm in.

Would try to bleed them for a 1st as well.

Trade RoCo for another first.

Tatum, smart, Hayward, Okogie, Culver and 3 1st rounders. Me likey!!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

So on Wednesday there was talk of the wolves possibly trading G to Dallas. Dallas has since refused to include any young players in a Roco trade pitch. For this reason, this post belongs here instead of anywhere where more likely trades are discussed. Assume Dallas wants both Roco and G and are willing to open anyone on the roster except KP and Luka, who do you ask for? I like Brunson but others point out Delon Wright is a better defender. I wonder about sending them Napier in and asking for both, as well as Dorian Finney Smith, at least a first round draft pick and some other player (honestly not sure who.) Anyone want to help brainstorm this idea? Again, seems highly unlikely as Brunson is at the moment unavailable in any trade discussion.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Let's get stupid up in here! Defense be damned!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tvafwcd

Wiggins, Culver and Vonleh
For
Buddy & Barnes

Then..
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=texd5b6

RoCo, G and a 1st
For
DLo & Paschall

DLo
Buddy
Okogie
Barnes
KAT

:naners:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Maybe this isn't that crazy. I don't know if even knowing they're going to see Drummond walk for nothing if they'd want Wiggins without a sweetner.

Wiggins for Drummond.

Drummond player option next year for $28m. 26 years old. I wouldn't be mad if he exercised the option or if he walked. Maybe he'd fit with KAT, although he certainly doesn't seem to fit the style we've tried this year.
Style

Post by Style »

T_J wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:04 am Maybe this isn't that crazy. I don't know if even knowing they're going to see Drummond walk for nothing if they'd want Wiggins without a sweetner.

Wiggins for Drummond.

Drummond player option next year for $28m. 26 years old. I wouldn't be mad if he exercised the option or if he walked. Maybe he'd fit with KAT, although he certainly doesn't seem to fit the style we've tried this year.
I have to assume Rosas would do that deal in a heartbeat. Any expiring for Standrew would be a great deal for the Wolves. Having the expiring be a solid player only helps.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald