Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SO_MONEY

Re: *** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***

Post by SO_MONEY »

winforlose wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:09 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:14 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Only problem with this trade proposal is it doesn't meet the crazy insane level. This is very realistic. OKC has a need at what Covington can give them and a plethora of first round picks over the next few years. Although OKC's first round picks are traded in 2020 (protected top 20) and 2022 (protected top 14) they own:

Denver 2020 first (top 10 protected)
Miami or Houston 2021 first (OKC gets the two most favorable picks of their own, Miami, or Houston)
LA Clippers 2022 first unprotected
LA Clippers 2023 first round swap
Miami 2023 first top 14 protected until 2026, unprotected 2026
Houston 2024 first top 4 protected
LA Clippers or Houston 2025 first
Houston 2026 first top 4 protected
LA Clippers 2026 first unprotected

If the WOlves could get 2 lottery only protected first round picks from OKC for Covington that would be a good trade for them.
It is crazy insane because if I were to bet the offer is on the table with or without Muscala...if it is not someone needs to get fired. With 15 picks over 5 years, they have ammo.
Not really. The Wolves are desperate to keep KAT happy. Picks take time to turn into players, the wolves have a lot of talent, it’s time to get another star and take the next step. We stood firm last season and blew several possible 2nd round picks or better (Taj, Rose, Tolliver.) Teague is trade bait with his expiring contract. Gorgui is expensive, but solid depth on any playoff team, and Roco is apparently highly sought after. Dlo is likely the first priority as he is on a team that is willing to trade a star for a role player and change, but their are other teams. Moving Wiggins also makes sense if you can get someone back who is more consistent, but he should not be given away.
LOL.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

NY

Drummund
Covington
Maker

DET

Robinson
Morris/Portis
Randle
1st

MN

Smith Jr.
Knox
1st
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Is Kuzma the best we can get for just RoCo?

If you’re LAL you’d love to have Cov.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm Is Kuzma the best we can get for just RoCo?

Some team should beat that by quite a bit. If the Lakers had a 1st to trade I think they would be in the running, but without that I see no way they get Covington for just Kuzma and filler.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:08 pm
thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 pm Is Kuzma the best we can get for just RoCo?

Some team should beat that by quite a bit. If the Lakers had a 1st to trade I think they would be in the running, but without that I see no way they get Covington for just Kuzma and filler.
Who tho?

Kuzma is quite the scorer. And his deal is awesome.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Who tho?

Countless teams. Probably 8-10 teams. I am not high on Kuzma and he has some red flags.

EDIT: By my count 11 obvious teams would be interested with some not-obvious teams out there. It will be a healthy market.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Who tho?

Countless teams. Probably 8-10 teams. I am not high on Kuzma and he has some red flags.
I respect your b-ball acumen. What other players do you like for Cov?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mediocre trash scored 34 in a 15 point win over OKC yesterday while AD and bron were out.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Who tho?

Depends on the teams. I hope some rumors come out so I would know who we could be looking at. I would target deals with teams that have multiple young players or picks especially teams that are positioned for two or more 2022 FRPs.
thinktank

Re: *** Official Crazy Insane Trade Speculation Thread ***f

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Depends on the teams. I hope some rumors come out so I would know who we could be looking at. I would target deals with teams that have multiple young players or picks especially teams that are positioned for two or more 2022 FRPs.
Better be prepared to part with Towns if you’re investing in that draft. Just sayin.

There are teams with multiple picks there like ATL, BRK, CLE but I don’t think Cov is enough to get you a young prospect of theirs. Only BRK is in win-mode.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Better be prepared to part with Towns if you’re investing in that draft. Just sayin.

There are teams with multiple picks there like ATL, BRK, CLE but I don’t think Cov is enough to get you a young prospect of theirs. Only BRK is in win-mode.
Also, OKC who could have 3. OKC and BRK are options. The other two could be used in a three team deal if we like the pick more than a young player and the other way around. But I wouldn't specifically seek out deals like that. I would prefer a bird in hand.

Picks give you a chance to trade for a player too, but I think the reality is we are not making a move until the loaded 2021 offseason and we can't really do much about that. Towns is going to have to hang in there, if he can't we have picks to rebuild. If he can and we land FAs around him we can supplement it with youth, if we cannot land any FAs we can trade for a player. It can play out multiple ways.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:36 pm
thinktank wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Also, OKC who could have 3. OKC and BRK are options. The other two could be used in a three team deal if we like the pick more than a young player and the other way around. But I wouldn't specifically seek out deals like that. I would prefer a bird in hand.

Picks give you a chance to trade for a player too, but I think the reality is we are not making a move until the loaded 2021 offseason and we can't really do much about that. Towns is going to have to hang in there, if he can't we have picks to rebuild. If he can and we land FAs around him we can supplement it with youth, if we cannot land any FAs we can trade for a player. It can play out multiple ways.
Yeah there are so many options that you have to go after something.

You say no to Kuzma but you offer no concrete ideas.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

NotRasho wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:24 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm mediocre trash scored 34 in a 15 point win over OKC yesterday while AD and bron were out.
In a game against the Lakers Dark Milicic once posted a line of 23/16/5 with 2 steals and 6 blocks.

Kuzma is mediocre trash.

Only smoothbrains want him.
not sure what your point is about darko. once in awhile bad players have good games. here's a comparision for you. darko career 6/4/1. kuzma career 17/6/2. not sure how a 3 year player with career averages of 17/6/2 qualifies as mediocre trash. you obviously don't like him, but that doesn't make him mediocre trash. just means you don't like him.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

It’s not about personal opinion of a player.

It’s about identifying the best and most realistic trade options for RoCo.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Kuzma is a decent scorer but he is terrible at nearly every other part of the game.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Name some other realistic targets then, you worthless sacks of shit.

:lol:
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:06 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 pm Three way deal

MN gets: Kevin Love/Ricky Rubio
Phx gets: Dieng/Culver
CLE gets: Saric/Okogie/Teague
LOL. Burn this franchise to the ground if this happened.

As much as I rip the talent here, I wouldn't trade Culver or Okogie straight up for both Bricky and KDouche
I will buy the gasoline.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:55 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:29 am Name some other realistic targets then, you worthless sacks of shit.

:lol:
Some third world central american bitch the team can run trains on while her husband watches from the closet?
That’s not a realistic target, you worthless sack of shit.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:18 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:10 pm
NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Some third world central american bitch the team can run trains on while her husband watches from the closet?
That’s not a realistic target, you worthless sack of shit.
Why not? All it takes is a green card and no self respect.
It’s impossible for you because it requires passable looks and you’re a fugly incel.

Sorry!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm

It’s impossible for you because it requires passable looks and you’re a fugly incel.

Sorry!
I've seen 90 day fiancé and confirm it does not require anything outside of a failure to attract a domestic partner.
Were you not a racist, that would be perfect for you, a fugly incel. Is that a TV show? I don’t watch TV.

I’ve been happily married to my sexy wife for years already, so I don’t relate to your struggles.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Sorry!
I've seen 90 day fiancé and confirm it does not require anything outside of a failure to attract a domestic partner.
all those couples are trashy
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

You wanna talk crazy. Detroit wants to get rid of Griffin. The Knicks want to appear relevant. So imagine Griffin and Drummond to the Knicks, but the salary’s will be a massive problem for the teams to work out. Since people here seem to hate my ideas, why doesn’t someone come up with a 3 or 4 team scenario that benefits the wolves.

Best I could do.

https://tradenba.com/trades/ldOdMajHQ
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:53 pm
thinktank wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:40 pm Were you not a racist, that would be perfect for you, a fugly incel. Is that a TV show? I don’t watch TV.

I’ve been happily married to my sexy wife for years already, so I don’t relate to your struggles.
The guy who imported a third world broad in exchange for a green card is claiming thats the route *I* need to take? Its literally the route you took dumbass. Its the route thousands of pathetic losers take.

Has she decided whos kid you are going to raise yet? Or is she still looking?
I love that my international marriage pisses you off so much!

I could’ve married just about any gal I wanted—unlike you, you fugly incel afraid to show his face. You know this because you posted my social media on rubechat and all I got out of it was being called handsome. I CHOSE to marry a sweet bootied, buxom, hourglass figured Honduran chef over all the other gals I’ve been with, and Lordy did I have some great options over the years. None as great as my wife tho!

:thumbsup:

Show us a picture of you and your “girl”, as you put it. :lol:

PS. Do you think a basketball message board is the proper place for your freak out about my marriage? Maybe you’d find a better audience on 8-Chan with all the other incels?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Too many, actually.

Bye, creepy weird racist stalker incel loser guy.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Welp, you guys nailed the crazy insane part.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm Welp, you guys nailed the crazy insane part.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Fightttttt :scooter:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Fascinating stuff! Tell us more about your realistic trade targets! :lol:
T_J

Post by T_J »

How long till this thread is locked?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

T_J wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:42 pm How long till this thread is locked?
Abe’s goons don’t seem to mind.

Nice Wolves board.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm Welp, you guys nailed the crazy insane part.
People are very passionate about Kyle Kuzma.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***