Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2020 Trade Deadline Chatter (Feb. 6 @ 2:00 PM CST)

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: 2020 Trade Deadline Chatter (Feb. 6 @ 2:00 PM CST)

Post by SHAFA »

A: “LOL NOOB. You have NO idea how trades work. You need at least x, y & z in order to make salaries fit”

B: “Actually, considering each teams salary at this moment, this rules says the aggregate salaries only need to be within **%, so dealing only x & y *would* work.”

A: “Well, if you REALLY need to be specific, sure. Stop being such an annoying pedant and let me continue my hellish reign of utter wrongness. Ugh.”
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:12 pm

Because that person I "corrected" thought we could just get a first round pick and did not understand that additional salaries needed to be included.

My guess the Sixers would want to dump another player in that deal anyways, so there is also that.
What excuse does that give you? None.
Excuse for what, moron..... that off the top of my head I was about $1 million off on the salaries?
Exactly, ad hominem attacks even when you are wrong and given the tools to know it.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:24 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm

What excuse does that give you? None.
Excuse for what, moron..... that off the top of my head I was about $1 million off on the salaries?
Exactly, ad hominem attacks even when you are wrong and given the tools to know it.
What is really pathetic is what you are going on and on about what I was "wrong" on. A trade speculation were I included a minimum contract because I thought that was needed ot make the salaries work... but you just cannot let it go.

Are you a chick? Are you transitioning into being a chick?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Ask Not wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:36 pm

And that no one knows what a dickbag is.
Dont ask why, but let's pretend you had a lot of dicks. Like 300 of them in your basement. And you needed to move them to another location. Are you going to carry them out 1 by 1? No, you're going to put them in a bag... It's exhausting explaining this basic common knowledge to you people.

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meanin ... of/dickbag
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/dickbag#Noun

2nd link contains audio
Thank you. You've cleared things up nicely.
I aim to please.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
witljon

Post by witljon »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:26 pm

What is really pathetic is what you are going on and on about what I was "wrong" on. A trade speculation were I included a minimum contract because I thought that was needed ot make the salaries work... but you just cannot let it go.

Are you a chick?
I like chicks.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I am not going on about you being wrong, it happens, I am calling you out for insulting posters after you have been corrected. But seriously obfuscate what the real issue is and make it into something it isn't.
j2j

Post by j2j »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:34 pm

I am not going on about you being wrong, it happens, I am calling you out for insulting posters after you have been corrected. But seriously obfuscate what the real issue is and make it into something it isn't.
Is that like you calling me a dick for correcting you? ;)
Spoiler:
j/k I dont really care.

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:47 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Is that like you calling me a dick for correcting you? ;)
Spoiler:
j/k I dont really care.
I didn't call you a dick, I gave you credit for being right. My ability to do so is going to be directly tied to my ability to understand I am wrong, sometimes people (myself included) need a nudge, if things get a tad personal, people need to move on. Bad behavior past that I will call out. And for some reason you want to fight me on having the audacity of being reasonable...which is odd. Why compadre? You put me in my place. I am laying down by my dish.

One thing that bothers me some as a MAN is that on matters I am no-longer versed I have maintained relevancy from a decade ago, meanwhile my knowledge base has far exceeded its usefulness and extended into obsolescence. I am not a 20-something anymore I am lazy, most of the time I don't know what I am talking about and I know it.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Well if we're looking to add some backup guard for a bench spark, I'm pretty sure we can land my boy here pretty cheap.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/OGM8FZilbEE[/youtube]
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 am Well if we're looking to add some backup guard for a bench spark, I'm pretty sure we can land my boy here pretty cheap.

Dear God that is sad.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:07 am
digitalwolf wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 am Well if we're looking to add some backup guard for a bench spark, I'm pretty sure we can land my boy here pretty cheap.

Dear God that is sad.
Yeah...probably too soon. Guy made essentially 14 million in his career, he's now 36 and clearly has none of that left. Whew...
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:07 am

Dear God that is sad.
Yeah...probably too soon. Guy made essentially 14 million in his career, he's now 36 and clearly has none of that left. Whew...
Oof...
j2j

Post by j2j »

I enjoy some good dark humor, but I wouldnt touch that Delonte West situation for a cheap laugh. He needs help, a lot of it, and soon. Or the next time we hear from him is likely much more tragic. I hope those close to him are able to help. This is the kind of mental health issues everyone talks about needing to address, but we never do because it's too expensive or someone else's responsibility. As a people we need to do better.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

dark humor usually works best with fictional characters. when it becomes real life, then it's just tragic.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

j2j wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:38 am I enjoy some good dark humor, but I wouldnt touch that Delonte West situation for a cheap laugh. He needs help, a lot of it, and soon. Or the next time we hear from him is likely much more tragic. I hope those close to him are able to help. This is the kind of mental health issues everyone talks about needing to address, but we never do because it's too expensive or someone else's responsibility. As a people we need to do better.
IS that really Delonte West?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm
j2j wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:38 am I enjoy some good dark humor, but I wouldnt touch that Delonte West situation for a cheap laugh. He needs help, a lot of it, and soon. Or the next time we hear from him is likely much more tragic. I hope those close to him are able to help. This is the kind of mental health issues everyone talks about needing to address, but we never do because it's too expensive or someone else's responsibility. As a people we need to do better.
IS that really Delonte West?
Yes
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Yeah....it wasn't really going for cheap humor, but this article can probably explain why he's not bothered going back to get some help....mind you, this was four years ago....
https://www.tmz.com/2016/03/01/delonte- ... treatment/
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

My first instinct was to say get this man an Arby's, or wonder if LBJ's mom gets mad at him because he keeps moving his cardboard box, but then you think about it a second and it hits you like a bunch of brick that this man is hurting and fell through the cracks with a support infrastructure where this should never happen and it kind of makes you angry because if this can happen to him what hope do we as average people have? This could be our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters moms or dads. And that is not funny at all.
j2j

Post by j2j »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:56 pm
My first instinct was to say get this man an Arby's, or wonder if LBJ's mom gets mad at him because he keeps moving his cardboard box, but then you think about it a second and it hits you like a bunch of brick that this man is hurting and fell through the cracks with a support infrastructure where this should never happen and it kind of makes you angry because if this can happen to him what hope do we as average people have? This could be our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters moms or dads. And that is not funny at all.
Agreed. The low hanging laughs are there, but if one takes even a minute to think deeply about this, it says a lot. Anyone can slip, anyone can crack. Look out for your friends and family, people need help, and sometimes are too scared or proud to ask for it.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Nice family that lets a millionaire NBA player end up on the street.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:39 pm Why on earth would I feel bad for Delonte West? Literally given millions of dollars for playing a sport. Pissed it away and became a crack head.

Hes an insult to people who actually had real hardship and fight through it daily.
He is bipolar, that is not his fault. Lets see how good you are at caring for yourself with that holding you back...just saying. People like that deserve our compassion to at least a modest extent.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm He is bipolar, that is not his fault. Lets see how good you are at caring for yourself with that holding you back...just saying. People like that deserve our compassion to at least a modest extent.
Ill give a fuck for the bipolar person who never had anything and struggles to get by. I wont for the one who had everything and pissed it away.
So it's ok to be bipolar if you aren't rich, but if you happen to be rich and have bipolar, tough luck? Might be the stupidest thing I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

How's the trade deadline chatter going today? Yikes.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:56 pm
totally right on with this. we separate ourselves at our own expense. from the uptown apartment, to the rats in the basement - it's not that far.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 pm
NotRasho wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm He is bipolar, that is not his fault. Lets see how good you are at caring for yourself with that holding you back...just saying. People like that deserve our compassion to at least a modest extent.
Ill give a fuck for the bipolar person who never had anything and struggles to get by. I wont for the one who had everything and pissed it away.
So it's ok to be bipolar if you aren't rich, but if you happen to be rich and have bipolar, tough luck? Might be the stupidest thing I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot.
it's rasho, what do you expect. he says stupid shit like vacant lots grow weeds.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The funny thing is all the "Do gooders" in here now are so disturbed by mental illness now that they see Delonte West with it.

It's been going on since the beginning of time. It's not new. You just are deciding we should do something about it because a millionaire ball player you watched on TV is struggling with it?

Hypocritical wouldn't ya type?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:22 pm The funny thing is all the "Do gooders" in here now are so disturbed by mental illness now that they see Delonte West with it.

It's been going on since the beginning of time. It's not new. You just are deciding we should do something about it because a millionaire ball player you watched on TV is struggling with it?

what the fuck do you know about anybody here, Sergeant Rubetube? nice blanket statement based on zilch knowledge.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:24 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:22 pm The funny thing is all the "Do gooders" in here now are so disturbed by mental illness now that they see Delonte West with it.

what the fuck do you know about anybody here, Sergeant Rubetube? nice blanket statement based on zilch knowledge.
Well, I haven't seen it talked much on here until now.

Calm your tits, handsome. It's just a "Talker"
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Dwight Powell likely just ruptured his Achillies. Mavs could be shopping for a big.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:32 pm Dwight Powell likely just ruptured his Achillies. Mavs could be shopping for a big.
Gorgui for Brunson!