Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

Post by jodaman01 »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:53 pm
HeHateMe wrote:

Best shot to get Russell was when he could have outright picked Minnesota who then moved the necessary contracts to bring him in. The idea that MN is going to need to outbid for him with Golden State is really far fetched. What will golden state ask for? Roco, Culver, filler + another first? woo hoO!
Technically, the best shot to get Russell was to draft him.

:scooter:
I suppose so. I know you wanted him over KAT... :zzz:
I would take Jrue Holiday over DLO. He would help this team in ways that DLO just wouldn’t. DLO has shown plenty of warts and is worth his contract like Wiggins is worth his contract. DLO still has potential and would address needs the Wolves have at PG better than Culver and certainly please KAT better than any rookie options in the next draft would.

Rosas chose Culver over Garland and White, IMO it was a really stupid decision for this Team and it is why he is now trying to trade Covington who we could have used to get high enough in the draft to get Garland, to now try and get DLO or another PG at the deadline.

Oh Well, typical life as a Wolves fan and their idiotic inability to address the PG position.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:36 am
thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Technically, the best shot to get Russell was to draft him.

:scooter:
I would take Jrue Holiday over DLO. He would help this team in ways that DLO just wouldn’t. DLO has shown plenty of warts and is worth his contract like Wiggins is worth his contract. DLO still has potential and would address needs the Wolves have at PG better than Culver and certainly please KAT better than any rookie options in the next draft would.

Rosas chose Culver over Garland and White, IMO it was a really stupid decision for this Team and it is why he is now trying to trade Covington who we could have used to get high enough in the the draft to get Garland, to now and try get DLO or another PG at the deadline.

Oh Well, typical life as a Wolves fan and their idiotic inability to address the PG position.

i still say jrue is more gettable than people are seeing. he's a 29 year old combo guard on a squad with perhaps the most exciting and promising group of young players in the league. he doesn't fit their timeline. they took a really promising combo at 17th overall last year, NAW - and now the word is that they are targeting with their lottery pick this year yet another combo, lamelo ball, to pair with lonzo. it makes perfect sense in many ways right now for the pels to part ways with jrue and get as much as they can for him.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

Rosas chose Culver over Garland and White, IMO it was a really stupid decision for this Team and it is why he is now trying to trade Covington who we could have used to get high enough in the the draft to get Garland, to now and try get DLO or another PG at the deadline.

i still say jrue is more gettable than people are seeing. he's a 29 year old combo guard on a squad with perhaps the most exciting and promising group of young players in the league. he doesn't fit their timeline. they took a really promising combo at 17th overall last year, NAW - and now the word is that they are targeting with their lottery pick this year yet another combo, lamelo ball, to pair with lonzo. it makes perfect sense in many ways right now for the pels to part ways with jrue and get as much as they can for him.
Agree.

Rosas needs to get off his fucking ass and do something to correct his draft day bed shitting.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

I posted this once, but the rumor is they want to be buyers not sellers. The are just outside the playoffs and are getting Zion into the mix. Sure things could imploded between now and the deadline, but I really don't think Jure is on the active market.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

At the DLo press conference, Rosas just said "we were aggressive during the draft, it didn't work out for us"...

Ouch
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:35 pm At the DLo press conference, Rosas just said "we were aggressive during the draft, it didn't work out for us"...

Ouch
Pretty sure that isn't a shot at Culver. More like, I tried to make a bunch of deals, nothing come of it.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:41 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:35 pm At the DLo press conference, Rosas just said "we were aggressive during the draft, it didn't work out for us"...

Ouch
Pretty sure that isn't a shot at Culver. More like, I tried to make a bunch of deals, nothing come of it.
Sounds to me like "we wanted more, we settled for Culver"
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:46 pm

Ouch
time to move on from that perhaps?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ouch
You're hearing what you want to hear. :mrgreen:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Ouch
Everyone with a brain and watched how that draft night unfolded knows that they didn’t want Culver, they took him and tried to move back after taking him and nobody bit because there was enough talent left on the board for as far back as the Wolves dared to drop back.

At that time Rosas focused 100% on DLO in FA and then stayed focused on him. I will give him credit, he learned from getting from FA and he got who he was after - that took balls.

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I was prepared to not value JJ, and I hope he opts out, but he was bad ass is today’s meaningless press conference.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Culver may work out to be a blessing in disguise. Give him some time. He is now able to play in position with a PG next to him.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Ouch
IALTO.

Culver is a mistake. Rosas actually is taking responsibility for it too. Cred to Rosas.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

It’s like nobody listened to the press conference... I did.

Context is he said we were aggressive in the draft and we were aggressive in free agency but it didn’t work out... meaning didn’t get Dlo.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

dp
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

It's obvious Culver was a mistake. Rosas just traded for another SG. Imagine if we just had drafted Clarke

Dlo
Beasley
2020 draft pick
Clarke
Kat
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:16 am It's obvious Culver was a mistake. Rosas just traded for another SG. Imagine if we just had drafted Clarke

Dlo
Beasley
2020 draft pick
Clarke
Kat
interesting yes. we could look for a top wing - maybe this foreign kid deni avdija.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Joboo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:15 am It’s like nobody listened to the press conference... I did.

Context is he said we were aggressive in the draft and we were aggressive in free agency but it didn’t work out... meaning didn’t get Dlo.
No, but, he said Culver was a mistake!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm not on the annihilate Culver and Rosas bandwagon since he's a rookie and so young, let's see what happens. However, I will say this and this is true for all the guys they brought in too: he's playing for his job here the rest of this season. All these new guys and Culver have to show that they are part of the solution, or they won't be here next year.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Actually quote and context, fucking lying and ignorant sacks of shit...

“May 1st,” Rosas answered, referring to the day he was hired. “We knew the roster needed help. … Because you know you need to make changes, 29 other teams aren’t going to say ‘OK, we’re ready to go.’ The reality is, we were very aggressive in the offseason, we were very aggressive in the draft, and sometimes things don’t work out for you.

“We were very aggressive at the trade deadline, and it lined up for us.”

“Why didn’t they sign a point guard on July 1st? Because we wanted that point guard. Why didn’t we make trades for other positions? Because we wanted these guys,” he said, referring to Russell and his new teammates. “Our vision of who we wanted and what we wanted in this program, when they were becoming available, was a big part of that. To be fair to you guys, we can’t be fully transparent of everything that’s going on.”

I'm going to say most of you are mentally unstable or just plain ole stupid.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:42 am Actually quote and context, fucking lying and ignorant sacks of shit...

“May 1st,” Rosas answered, referring to the day he was hired. “We knew the roster needed help. … Because you know you need to make changes, 29 other teams aren’t going to say ‘OK, we’re ready to go.’ The reality is, we were very aggressive in the offseason, we were very aggressive in the draft, and sometimes things don’t work out for you.

“Why didn’t they sign a point guard on July 1st? Because we wanted that point guard. Why didn’t we make trades for other positions? Because we wanted these guys,” he said, referring to Russell and his new teammates. “Our vision of who we wanted and what we wanted in this program, when they were becoming available, was a big part of that. To be fair to you guys, we can’t be fully transparent of everything that’s going on.”

I think it's a combination of both. People read what they want to read. And trolling here is fun for some guys which I don't get it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:42 am Actually quote and context, fucking lying and ignorant sacks of shit...

What an egomaniac douche. Yeah he wanted Russell and got him. Nice get. But now he's saying we've shit the bed all year because he really wanted Juan Hermanmunster? Oh that Gloria Vanderbilt? If we can only get Evans love his 38% shooting.

What a complete douche he is. To be fair guys we can't be transparent. Code for I am a genius and am above your silly questioning of the worst team in the league that I built. Can't wait for the losses to start again where he claims he didn't want any of these guy and Thibs somehow mind tricked him.

Oh, he wanted Culver too right?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:35 am

What an egomaniac douche. Yeah he wanted Russell and got him. Nice get. But now he's saying we've shit the bed all year because he really wanted Juan Hermanmunster? Oh that Gloria Vanderbilt? If we can only get Evans love his 38% shooting.

What a complete douche he is. To be fair guys we can't be transparent. Code for I am a genius and am above your silly questioning of the worst team in the league that I built. Can't wait for the losses to start again where he claims he didn't want any of these guy and Thibs somehow mind tricked him.

I wanted Culver.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

witljon wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:39 am

I wanted Culver.
Never wanted, wasn't even on my radar before I knew 40+ 3's a night was the mandate. But I've grown to really like him...........of course we do nothing to develop him and we pretty much know the odds say he's playing out the 2nd half to raise his trade value. So enjoy him playing and getting better now. Then he will be gone. And then the complete douche will say he knew it was coming from the second he decided to trade up for........him.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 am
witljon wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:39 am

I wanted Culver.
Never wanted, wasn't even on my radar before I knew 40+ 3's a night was the mandate. But I've grown to really like him...........of course we do nothing to develop him and we pretty much know the odds say he's playing out the 2nd half to raise his trade value. So enjoy him playing and getting better now. Then he will be gone. And then the complete douche will say he knew it was coming from the second he decided to trade up for........him.
My reason for wanting Culver was I had seen him play several times but never seen the Garland kid play other than highlights.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrill unhinged when Rosas says he had a plan all along and executed it. Fact.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Oh, and funny, they guy he panic picked and never really wanted and he's wanted to trade since day one is still on the team even though they traded everyone else. Weird!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:29 pm Thrill unhinged when Rosas says he had a plan all along and executed it. Fact.
Moses perfectly sane in his knowing that the plan finally came together when Hermanmunster and sharp shooter Evans finally became available. Put on your Gloria Vanderbilt jeans Moses! We got him too. All according to plan!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm Oh, and funny, they guy he panic picked and never really wanted and he's wanted to trade since day one is still on the team even though they traded everyone else. Weird!
Funny the guy we panicked, moved up, and mistakenly picked is unwanted around the league.

10 times as funny? Moses don't get it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Trade him.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master