Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:25 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 am

Right, but the owners and how will it is run is 90% why the Vikings don't really have problems getting free agents. Mike Wallace is really the only one off the top of my head that made that excuse

If, and it will never happen, the Wolves ownership became competent and was willing to spend then a lot of the weather bashing comments would go away and we'd be able to sign high end role/starting players.

Until then we are mostly going to be attaching the Jake Layman types. While Layman is actually a pretty decent player he is by no means a "high end" role player.
We offered DLo the max didn't we? He said no, the weather sucks.
1) One singular move doesn't mean anything just like the Twins finally making a big move in free agency doesn't mean they are any less of a penny pinching bunch based on the past however many decades.

2) Do you really think any player is going to come out and say "that organization is trash which is why I didn't sign with them"

3) he also got a Max from the Warriors. The Warriors are an infinitely better run organization then the Wolves
Just going by what DLo said. I won't assume beyond that fact.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Don't look now, but Garland is playing some very solid, incredibly consistent, ball the last couple 2-3 weeks. We should trade up for him next time.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

irishman89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 pm Don't look now, but Garland is playing some very solid, incredibly consistent, ball the last couple 2-3 weeks. We should trade up for him next time.
Culver ane RoCo for Garland.

Can still keep your #1 pick and don't have to shell out all the money for DLO. Then get Wiggins off this team.

They are all in on DLO though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:53 pm
irishman89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 pm Don't look now, but Garland is playing some very solid, incredibly consistent, ball the last couple 2-3 weeks. We should trade up for him next time.

Can still keep your #1 pick and don't have to shell out all the money for DLO. Then get Wiggins off this team.

Rosas wanted a PG, still does.

Gives me hope he is on the right track. After he fixes that, he needs to fix the PF hole he created and gets exposed nightly, and shooting which also gets exposed nightly.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Never in a millio. Do you give up Culver and roco for Garland.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm Never in a millio. Do you give up Culver and roco for Garland.
You rather give up a max, RoCo and a first?

Pick your poison.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm Never in a millio. Do you give up Culver and roco for Garland.

Pick your poison.
Or none of the above?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Pick your poison.
Or none of the above?
So suck for the next few until Kat begs out? This may be the best option anyway.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Pick your poison.
Or none of the above?
So suck for the next few until Kat begs out? This may be the best option anyway.
So basically you've limited yourself to Garland, DLo, or suck... Because Garland or DLo are some magical recipe to not sucking? :lol:

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

DLo hasn't shown me enough to want to lose so many assets to get him. besides, that headband makes him look like a doofus.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Or none of the above?
So basically you've limited yourself to Garland, DLo, or suck... Because Garland or DLo are some magical recipe to not sucking? :lol:
No, they still may suck with them. There is no other upgrade path anytime soon though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

WTF? Are you high or something? Don't look now but Culver is playing really well too. Even the NBA ladder has him ahead of Garland this week.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 pm

WTF? Are you high or something? Don't look now but Culver is playing really well too. Even the NBA ladder has him ahead of Garland this week.
How does Culver fit here? All this team wants to do is hoist 3's and he's horrible at it.

Will Rosas allow one on the floor who won't 3 point chuck?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm
kilkenny wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:26 pm

How does Culver fit here? All this team wants to do is hoist 3's and he's horrible at it.

Will Rosas allow one on the floor who won't 3 point chuck?
Without looking, what percent of our shots would you guess are 3s?

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LOL. No thank you! Awful.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Fuckin gamer man. Dude is gonna be a solid pro.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Will this be froob's chats version of Moss will tear it up in Tennessee for Decker?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:58 pm
Sometimes I wish you were able to abuse your workers, I bet he would stop bringing the ball down so far and pushing his wrist off to the side if shock collars we legal. Just a thought.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Some players need that dip for rhythm and strength, it's not out of the ordinary.

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:12 pm Some players need that dip for rhythm and strength, it's not out of the ordinary.
I bet he would get strong pretty quick with 120V running through him...
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Oh snd more Wolves hype.....

He definitely looks like the Wolves next leader once KAT leaves after next season when Rosas doesn’t get him a legit PG.

Future MVP for sure.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

When did Garland become CP3?

Culver is better
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:47 pm Now Rosas needs to address two holes instead of just one, and you consider it genius.
Rosas hasn’t done anything yet good or bad. I’m interested to see what happens before the deadline and over the offseason. I realize the options may be fairly limited.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 pm DLo hasn't shown me enough to want to lose so many assets to get him. besides, that headband makes him look like a doofus.
Best shot to get Russell was when he could have outright picked Minnesota who then moved the necessary contracts to bring him in. The idea that MN is going to need to outbid for him with Golden State is really far fetched. What will golden state ask for? Roco, Culver, filler + another first? woo hoO!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:44 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 pm DLo hasn't shown me enough to want to lose so many assets to get him. besides, that headband makes him look like a doofus.
Best shot to get Russell was when he could have outright picked Minnesota who then moved the necessary contracts to bring him in. The idea that MN is going to need to outbid for him with Golden State is really far fetched. What will golden state ask for? Roco, Culver, filler + another first? woo hoO!
Technically, the best shot to get Russell was to draft him.

:scooter:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

If GS is stupid enough to carry Russell and turn down deals that make their team better that is on them. Sure, they can try and get value like picks they gave up to make his signing possible, but I think it is widely accepted he was not worth that contract and they probably won't get all of that back in any offer. Even MN one of the few teams who may take his contract understands that...maybe.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:53 pm

I suppose so. I know you wanted him over KAT... :zzz:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:53 pm

I suppose so. I know you wanted him over KAT... :zzz:
Let’s see where their careers end up, shall we?

Numbers are nice.

Championships are best.