Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: Jarrett Culver: Trade Him Now

Post by SHAFA »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:08 pm Think.....I wasted you today.

Wait....NBA.com wasted you today.

:lol: :lol:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Dude, you wanted to talk about Whites improvement over the last ten, yet you dump a seasons worth of stats as cover. You’re not consistent, and just as guilty of looking for a goddamn fight.

You’re both equally pitiful.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 pm Can't find a PG solution in the draft. Draft a PG solution in the draft. -Jodalogic
Man you are terrible at this.

I don’t want a PG in the draft. If Rosas fucks up and can’t get one at the Deadline in the off-season, then the draft is the the only option. It’s the worst option for this team right now.

Under no circumstance is Culver going to be the future PG of this team, the Wolves be better because of that and so will Culver.

Hopefully that is easy enough for you to follow.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:28 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 pm Can't find a PG solution in the draft. Draft a PG solution in the draft. -Jodalogic

I don’t want a PG in the draft. If Rosas fucks up and can’t get one at the Deadline in the off-season, then the draft is the the only option. It’s the worst option for this team right now.

Under no circumstance is Culver going to be the future PG of this team, the Wolves be better because of that and so will Culver.

Taking White would have been a PG in the draft.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Dude, you wanted to talk about Whites improvement over the last ten, yet you dump a seasons worth of stats as cover. You’re not consistent, and just as guilty of looking for a goddamn fight.

I said he had played better over the last 10, and he has. Think then wanted totaled stats, I provided them.

I provided what was requested.

In both things that I said and provided, I am correct.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:28 pm

Taking White would have been a PG in the draft.
Christ....have you kept up this year at all.

Rosas should have took a fucking PG and started the development this season with KAT and Wiggins instead of waiting another year. Now next season if they go the way of the draft will be another wasted year of KAT and Wiggins contracts and another development year.

With KAT you don’t have wasted years as a luxury anymore.

Keep up or keep out, this isn’t “No Student Left Behind”.

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:32 pm
SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:24 pm

I said he had played better over the last 10, and he has. Think then wanted totaled stats, I provided them.

I provided what was requested.

In both things that I said and provided, I am correct.

You provided full season stats 15 minutes before he made any mention of it. Try again.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Was there a PG worth developing last year beyond Morant?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:44 pm Was there a PG worth developing last year beyond Morant?
I’m still curious to see how Garland pans out, but other than that, no. I sorta always viewed White’s trajectory as more of a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry heater type off the bench.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:44 pm Was there a PG worth developing last year beyond Morant?
All the ones Rosas didn’t draft, of course.

:doublefinger:
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Cant not be impressed with Culver over the last couple weeks!
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

mglviks wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 am Cant not be impressed with Culver over the last couple weeks!
Good ! Trade him immediately for whatever you can get! He’s played more than 30 games and the rubes have conclusively determined he can’t possibly get any better or ever be a worthwhile player!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

nice trend upward - and really not bad for what you'd want from a high lottery pick in a year where there was only a clear top three - and everything past barrett was somewhat of a crap shoot. anyway, last six games he's scoring 15+ ppg on 44% from the floor, 5+ rpg and 2+ apg - a shade less than 2 steals per game and also a block per game. he's definitely been a positive in this latest wolves surge.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/284 ... ers-lebron

9. Keep an eye on Jarrett Culver
It was hard to get a read on Culver early, but the picture became clearer as Culver got more minutes with Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins out. Culver's shot comes and goes -- he's shooting 44% on free throws! -- but he has shown a nice feel attacking off the catch. He's patient, with some change of pace guile, and more explosive than you expect when he hits the gas in traffic.

NBA Rooks

Follow Zion, Ja, RJ, De'Andre, Coby and more top rooks as they balance basketball and life during an exciting NBA season. Watch on ESPN+

Culver has scored in double digits in six straight games.

Culver's work on defense has been most interesting. (Minnesota has been feistier on that end without Towns.) He's long and smart, with a good understanding of personnel and what the offense wants to do. He plays on his toes, capable of changing direction in a snap.

Culver seems to like defense. He butts into passing lanes, arms extended, and denies swing passes:

Ryan Saunders has sometimes assigned Culver to the best opposing perimeter player, including Ja Morant on Tuesday in Memphis. Culver has not looked out of place in that job.

It's no secret the Wolves tried to move up from No. 6 in last season's draft. They liked Darius Garland, too. Garland has more star ballhandling potential and filled a more urgent positional need, but Culver might grow into a very nice two-way wing -- the most valuable type of support player. Even though this was a panic move during the draft, sometimes you get lucky.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

A ton of people liked NAW if you see him as a PG.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Personally I am hoping we take another Texas Tech SG in this upcoming draft and really see some meltdowns.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 pm Personally I am hoping we take another Texas Tech SG in this upcoming draft and really see some meltdowns.
I was thinking we would go with a big, until we made the trade up. This year even though we need a PG, I’m again expecting a big in the draft.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:41 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:34 pm Personally I am hoping we take another Texas Tech SG in this upcoming draft and really see some meltdowns.
I was thinking we would go with a big, until we made the trade up. This year even though we need a PG, I’m again expecting a big in the draft.
NOPE, Jahmi'us Ramsey SG Texas Tech!!!! ;)
j2j

Post by j2j »

Latest ESPN mock has us taking two 6'5" g/f. The meltdown would be epic.

The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:47 pm
I’m still curious to see how Garland pans out, but other than that, no. I sorta always viewed White’s trajectory as more of a Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford/Jason Terry heater type off the bench.
I get to watch the Bulls more than the Wolves and I agree with your White comps. Maybe it's the bad coaching/system but White looks more like a volume shooter/scorer than a point guard. He's also a liability on defense right now. Teams are looking to force him into switches and he has trouble guarding bigger/stronger players. I confess I wanted White over Culver but I was wrong about the type of player White is.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:15 pm
A ton of people liked NAW if you see him as a PG.
Forgot about him.

He would’ve been a reach. Just sayin.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Coby White, "true pg the wolves needed"
The ball can stick after the first scripted action, leaving someone to create one-on-one. (No Bull gets more excited by this than Coby White, an inveterate chucker.)
Or Culver, who seems to be an all around complimentary player, sort of perfect for a team with two stars...the wolves lacking one of those obviously.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

T_J wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:32 am Coby White, "true pg the wolves needed"
The ball can stick after the first scripted action, leaving someone to create one-on-one. (No Bull gets more excited by this than Coby White, an inveterate chucker.)
Or Culver, who seems to be an all around complimentary player, sort of perfect for a team with two stars...the wolves lacking one of those obviously.
The Wolves have always had way to many cut-throat scorers, certainly couldn’t have used another coming off the bench for us this season (especially a fast rookie ball handler). Rosas’s also could have parted with Covington at the draft and got Garland who he actually wanted, instead of now trying to use Covington as trade bait here at the deadline praying for a Team to give him a starting PG.

Chicago is working him into the PG position and spoon feeding minutes and teaching him what they want from him on the floor running the Team and controlling the ball. He is being coached and developed THIS SEASON possibly to start and run the team next season. Chicago’s current PG’s are better than ours and LaVine pretty much has the ball a lot when he is on the floor on top of that.

The Wolves haven’t even started developing a PG of the future, so Chicago is ahead of us at that, and I would argue it’s what we should have done. Culver Is not going to be the answer here at PG or as the primary ball handler, that should be clear to anyone that posts here or watches any basketball at all.

This is a throw-away development year for both teams (Wolves and Bulls). Now the Wolves will likely draft a PG, unless Rosas pulls off a big trade that people here will cry about. Then the Wolves will have another throw away season next year as well as they start the process the Bulls will have completed this season.

I’m sure KAT will love that, especially since the on court chemistry between him and Culver has been nothing but magical. In fact Culver has made the Team almost invincible the last two games he has lead in minutes, which player would you say he has the best and most obvious chemistry with on the floor and looks like a dynamic duo with for the future? Once KAT demands out next season if the Rosas doesn’t get him a legit starting PG, Culver and the player you say is part of his dynamic duo will be the obvious leaders going forward along with the Draft Picks they will get for KAT - and the Wolves are so good with Draft Picks as we all know.

Sounds exciting

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 am
Rosas’s also could have parted with Covington at the draft and got Garland who he actually wanted, instead of now trying to use Covington as trade bait here at the deadline praying for a Team to give him a starting PG.

This premise is flawed. There is no evidence Rosas is trying to get a starting PG for Covington. In fact I don't think that is at all the case. I don't think Rosas has a position of target. He has a valued commodity in Covington and in a weak trade market he hopes he can exploit that for more value than a Covington would normally command.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:32 am

Rosas’s also could have parted with Covington at the draft and got Garland who he actually wanted, instead of now trying to use Covington as trade bait here at the deadline praying for a Team to give him a starting PG.

This premise is flawed. There is no evidence Rosas is trying to get a starting PG for Covington. In fact I don't think that is at all the case. I don't think Rosas has a position of target. He has a valued commodity in Covington and in a weak trade market he hopes he can exploit that for more value than a Covington would normally command.
Yes he was trying to get Garland in the draft and would have used Covington to get him, but he got “really smart” and thought Cleveland wouldn’t take a PG and was able to get the spot behind them for Saric instead.......it was simply a genius draft for Rosas according to many here. So genius.

Then “his path” to DLO turned into the “road to nowhere”, more genius for sure. Then more “pure genius” gems broke loose from Rosas like Culver is a PG and Covington is a PF and so many here saw “the light” and are still blinded by the light of his genius.

The only players that it’s been openly reported that Rosas called on are New York about DSJ and OKC about Shroder, also that Covington is 100% available, and the only other report was that he is one of the most active GM’s out there right now. I’m sure he isn’t after any PG’s though, and wouldn’t use Covington to try and net one. :roll:

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:56 am

Yes he was trying to get Garland in the draft and would have used Covington to get him, but he got “really smart” and thought Cleveland wouldn’t take a PG and was able to get the spot behind them for Saric instead.......it was simply a genius draft for Rosas according to many here. So genius.

Then “his path” to DLO turned into the “road to nowhere”, more genius for sure. Then more “pure genius” gems broke loose from Rosas like Culver is a PG and Covington is a PF and so many here saw “the light” and are still blinded by the light of his genius.

The only players that it’s been openly reported that Rosas called on are New York about DSJ and OKC about Shroder, also that Covington is 100% available, and the only other report was that he is one of the most active GM’s out there right now. I’m sure he isn’t after any PG’s though, and wouldn’t use Covington to try and net one. :roll:

LOL. He is not trading Covington for DSJ or the criminal in OKC. He is looking at guys who have low value at PG who might be reclamation projects. The interest in these players is unrelated to Covington, at least in that they are not the value we would be getting, like young players and/or picks.

In fact the only guy out there potentially for a somewhat reasonable "even" swap is Dinwidde. Have not even seen anything tying us to him. And I would expect we still would want more.

By holding onto Covington he is looking like a Genius!!! As I said it is a depressed trade market, Covington is one of the bigger gets. Things are set up for a bidding war and a HIGH return. I have NO idea why you have an issue with that? Do you want this team to not position themselves the best they can? Stop it.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Wolves aren't trading Covington for DSJ. Just a terribly forced bit by Joda.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

whoa. joda going full on sarcastic on a sunday morning. new development in rhetorical stylings.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am Wolves aren't trading Covington for DSJ. Just a terribly forced bit by Joda.
I could see a deal with NY, I could, but it would look something like:

NY

Covington
Napier

MN

DSJ
Knox
Dal 1st

Knox and the Dal first are the value and targets of the deal and DSJ is basically a toss in. And honestly I am not sure they can't do better.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:56 am

LOL. He is not trading Covington for DSJ or the criminal in OKC. He is looking at guys who have low value at PG who might be reclamation projects. The interest in these players is unrelated to Covington, at least in that they are not the value we would be getting, like young players and/or picks.

By holding onto Covington he is looking like a Genius!!! As I said it is a depressed trade market, Covington is one of the bigger gets. Things are set up for a bidding war and a HIGH return. I have NO idea why you have an issue with that? Do you want this team to not position themselves the best they can? Stop it.
I have no issues with him trading Covington. He’s doing what every GM is doing right now....taking their best trade piece and listing it at a very high price....to call that genius means every GM in the NBA is a genius by your standard.

Next week rumors will start to leak and the real value of the players will come into view. And then the last weeks the damn should break loose after a few trades happen.

I believe Rosas is after a starting PG more than any other position of need on the team. Covington is his best asset to net such a player along with Teague’s expiring and whatever else he is willing to deal. If he trades Covington without getting a PG, he won’t have the assets needed to get one in the off-season and that takes him back to the draft to get one. Along with a stopgap PG to start and train the rookie to possibly start the following season. I don’t believe KAT will stay onboard for another wasted season next year....he’s clearly already made waves behind the scenes.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 am Wolves aren't trading Covington for DSJ. Just a terribly forced bit by Joda.
Slow your roll. I’m not saying he’s trading Cov for DSJ. I mention DSJ because he is a PG and that along with Schroeder is who he has called teams about and it shows his desperation to address the clear lack of talent he currently has left at the position.

If Rosas is using Cov to get a PG, I expect Jrue or DLO type.

End of that discussion.