Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Will Ryan Saunders Be Head Coach Next Season?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Will Ryan Saunders be coach next year?

Yes, Wolves are in it for the long haul
43%
No, He’s way in over his head
57%

Total votes: 37

YBBR

Re: Will Ryan Saunders Be Head Coach Next Season?

Post by YBBR »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm Ryan turned Towns from a rebound scoring machine to trying to dribble and shake people on the 3pt line. It’s a joke.

His game should be from inside out, not out then inside.
That is asinine. Towns has been some version of this player for years.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

YBBR wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:09 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:28 pm Ryan turned Towns from a rebound scoring machine to trying to dribble and shake people on the 3pt line. It’s a joke.

Ya I don't see how someone can criticize Saunders for KAT...when KAT is BY FAR having his best year ever.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I think its almost certain he returns. Through the eyes of the front office and ownership, they think they are instilling a system. Glen won't fire Rosas after a year, and it looks like Saunders is a yes man to Rosas, who will coach how Rosas wants him to.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Cool. I’m sure I can find tweets that fit my narrative as well.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Right or wrong, paid Twins apologists aren't my first choice for Wolves takes.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"Told you idiots that we needed Jimmy."

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Ryan Saunders 11 game losing streak. Told you guys he’s clueless
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:25 pm Ryan Saunders 11 game losing streak. Told you guys he’s clueless
This was obvious to some of us here before seeing this year.

This team is absolutely atrocious right now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:31 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:25 pm Ryan Saunders 11 game losing streak. Told you guys he’s clueless
This was obvious to some of us here before seeing this year.

This team is absolutely atrocious right now.
The Memphis Grizz are better than the Wolves right now. The tanking Cavs only have one win less than the Wolves.

Saunders has lost the vets who don’t believe in him and he’s straight clueless.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:09 pm

This is the first year ever in Town’s career that he went two straight games without getting to the free throw line. This offense has made him abysmal and a non factor.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:09 pm
This is the problem I have. You are not installing shit. Most of these guys have no future with this team. I brought that up a month or so ago.

It's one thing if you have your guys for the long term and you are working on a system to get better at. This team doesn't though. A few made excuses when I brought it up last time that you are are still implementing something with the guys who will be here.

I'm sorry but the 4 guys on this roster to have a future with this team can probably figure it out during the offseason. It's not rocket science, it's basketball. The offense consists of everyone standing around the 3 point line, chucking bad shots as it is.

It's absolutely atrocious what's going on right now. It's not just Rosas or Saunders either. The talent on the roster is god awful too.

Honestly, Rosas is the only one I have faith in. He needs to blow this fucker sky high.

It's not even promising to get a high draft pick as the draft class stinks. There isn't a silver lining.

And sorry no they are not getting Lillard for Teague, Dieng and a pick either that people.come.up with.

I see only two options for this teams future... They either blow the whole thing up and trade Towns away for a haul while they can and dump the Wiggins contract to anyone who will take it, fire the Saunders boy and start completely from scratch (What I want)

Or the other move I see happening is getting DLO which will definitely make the team better and at least watchable but you still are probably a #8 seed every other year with that move. I don't see anything else that is going to significantly change this team for the next few years other than these scenarios. The only other thing is if you hit on a generational stud in the draft.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:53 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:09 pm
This is the problem I have. You are not installing shit. Most of these guys have no future with this team. I brought that up a month or so ago.

It's one thing if you have your guys for the long term and you are working on a system to get better at. This team doesn't though. A few made excuses when I brought it up last time that you are are still implementing something with the guys who will be here.

I'm sorry but the 4 guys on this roster to have a future with this team can probably figure it out during the offseason. It's not rocket science, it's basketball. The offense consists of everyone standing around the 3 point line, chucking bad shots as it is.

It's absolutely atrocious what's going on right now. It's not just Rosas or Saunders either. The talent on the roster is god awful too.

Honestly, Rosas is the only one I have faith in. He needs to blow this fucker sky high.

It's not even promising to get a high draft pick as the draft class stinks. There isn't a silver lining.

And sorry no they are not getting Lillard for Teague, Dieng and a pick either that people.come.up with.

I see only two options for this teams future... They either blow the whole thing up and trade Towns away for a haul while they can and dump the Wiggins contract to anyone who will take it, fire the Saunders boy and start completely from scratch (What I want)

Or the other move I see happening is getting DLO which will definitely make the team better and at least watchable but you still are probably a #8 seed every other year with that move. I don't see anything else that is going to significantly change this team for the next few years other than these scenarios. The only other thing is if you hit on a generational stud in the draft.
:lol: Holy shit!

Rosas is the only one you have faith in? You need help. I am actually worried for you.

And guys can figure it out? WTF is hard about stand at 3, shoot it every time? easy for them to just become Curry and Klay? Seriously dude. Seek help. Rosas is a fucking clown and a con man. And a bad one of each considering none of this is funny and anyone with half a brain never fell for the con.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

He said the offense as it is consists of everyone standing out at the three point line chucking bad shots. Pretty sure RT was implying that 4 guys hanging out together a couple of hours in the offseason could undoubtedly come up with a better O than that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Wolves 13th in WC (10 wins) only ahead of NO (9 wins) and GS (8).

I expect:

Roco traded soon (maybe a late first round pick coming back?)
Teague traded soon (2nd round pick or equal turd vet contract coming back)
KAT on IR
Wolves finish with about 25 wins.

Starting the season with Teague on the roster and playing RoCo at PF were the key strategic Rosas moves that led to this franchise collapse.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

qrocks wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:15 am Wolves 13th in WC (10 wins) only ahead of NO (9 wins) and GS (8).

I expect:

Roco traded soon (maybe a late first round pick coming back?)
Teague traded soon (2nd round pick or equal turd vet contract coming back)
KAT on IR
Wolves finish with about 25 wins.

Starting the season with Teague on the roster and playing RoCo at PF were the key strategic Rosas moves that led to this franchise collapse.
Come on dude. Jack 3's, play no defenders, play small. That is the only strategic decision that sunk us. We have a playoff roster and we are doing everything we can to minimize it.

And Ryan better figure out that he either bucks against the idiot's mandate and starts coaching to win or not only will he not be our coach, he will never be one again. Right now he is the unfunny punch line to the joke that is Rosas.
T_J

Post by T_J »

This is going to be a PR disaster or they'll let this linger too long. Lose-lose situation.
Ooogabooga

Post by Ooogabooga »

Key strategic mistake was not trading Wiggins in the offseason using the first rounder we had. This year was a wash anyways. The draft wasn't deep at all and we could have had 1 year head start on not having an player who during a good year is still below league average in offensive efficiency making 27 million per. Instead we traded a pick for a Custard who is ice cold on the floor and getting rid of a decent trade piece. The best hope I have is Rosas is getting neutral value on Wiggins and getting a pick back for Roco and also moving Dieng somehow. I always thought this year would be wasted.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Ooogabooga wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:24 am Key strategic mistake was not trading Wiggins in the offseason using the first rounder we had. This year was a wash anyways. The draft wasn't deep at all and we could have had 1 year head start on not having an player who during a good year is still below league average in offensive efficiency making 27 million per. Instead we traded a pick for a Custard who is ice cold on the floor and getting rid of a decent trade piece. The best hope I have is Rosas is getting neutral value on Wiggins and getting a pick back for Roco and also moving Dieng somehow. I always thought this year would be wasted.
Are you high? Wigs value is 3 times what it was then. Both to us and others. Key mistake was hiring a non basketball man ad giving hin complete control of the organization. Then watching him blow every move he made.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Towns has been injured, Wigs missed some games and the rest of the team is meh. What coach out there could squeeze any more out of these guys??

They’re currently playing in a system the team is NOT designed to play and it’s year 1. Were 2 years out from making any judgements at least. If Ryan gets fired, you mind as well start floating Towns name out there too because he’ll be gone in 2 years.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Ryan Saunders sucks!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

What’s the excuses for this bum other than being Flip’s son?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

After every loss, Ryan says the same thing,

“Give credit to the other team, they played hard. I need to review the film.”
D_H

Post by D_H »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm What’s the excuses for this bum other than being Flip’s son?
The problem isn’t the head coach, it is Towns. He runs off every Player he doesn’t like, throws a temper tantrum until that player is gone from the team. The team is totally giving in into him and it is NOT the right thing to do because he doesn’t give an effort on the defensive end of the floor. KG Could make a case because he was one of the best defensive players in NBA history and had the heart of a lion , that’s not even close to the case with Towns.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

D_H wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm What’s the excuses for this bum other than being Flip’s son?
The problem isn’t the head coach, it is Towns. He runs off every Player he doesn’t like, throws a temper tantrum until that player is gone from the team. The team is totally giving in into him and it is NOT the right thing to do because he doesn’t give an effort on the defensive end of the floor. KG Could make a case because he was one of the best defensive players in NBA history and had the heart of a lion , that’s not even close to the case with Towns.
Show me the proof please. Butler demanded out because we maxed Wiggins, and Butler wanted the Max money for himself. Butler and Thibs together bullies the shit out of Towns and Wiggins and that lead to the conflict that was reported. Also, Butlers problems which were on display in Chicago, followed him to Philly. I haven’t been following his situation in Miami, but sooner or later his alpha dog bullshit will cause him problems their too. As for Teague, show me one article that says KAT and Teague were feuding, KAT had the flu, (fever of 102 before one of the games he missed) and then came back. Please point to your evidence that KAT drove him away.
T_J

Post by T_J »

winforlose wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:03 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 pm
Show me the proof please. Butler demanded out because we maxed Wiggins, and Butler wanted the Max money for himself. Butler and Thibs together bullies the shit out of Towns and Wiggins and that lead to the conflict that was reported. Also, Butlers problems which were on display in Chicago, followed him to Philly. I haven’t been following his situation in Miami, but sooner or later his alpha dog bullshit will cause him problems their too. As for Teague, show me one article that says KAT and Teague were feuding, KAT had the flu, (fever of 102 before one of the games he missed) and then came back. Please point to your evidence that KAT drove him away.
I think it was fairly well documented that he told Glen its either Jimmy or me.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I don't want to disparage a dead guy too much, but using some hindsight bias....what exactly from Flip's rebuild has worked out?

Even the guys we traded and picks from the Jimmy deal are clearly unremarkable.

I don't believe in curses but I'm starting to. It's late/early and my kid sleeps like shit when she's coughing every 30 seconds so take this with a grain of salt. Move the team to Seattle. I'd like like to see the Supersonics back and be done with this team for good.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

6 game losing streak for wolves. Add that to the 11 game losing streak from earlier this season.