Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Joboo

Re: Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

Post by Joboo »

dp
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Joboo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 pm The stupidity of some of our fans is astounding. I’m not a GD fan on the court but he has 1.5 years left on his deal not 2. He is an expiring contract next year...yet some act like it’s crazy that some team would take him as salary filler in the right trade.

Most recent rumor and I don’t believe it but is:

Cov, Naz, GD for DLo

Personally I still think it’s going to take a 1st as well. This draft is a crap shoot I’d be fine giving up the pick.
Your damn straight it's going to take the #1.

I have been saying that any so many think we can just give up junk.

They don't want someone like Culver either when they already have wings. It will be centered around RoCo and the pick. I am not as high on DLO as others but I do that trade all day.

Like you said, this draft isn't good and on top of it, this team is stupid enough to win just enough games to keep us away from a really good pick.

Make the trade!

Then get Wiggins off this roster and with that freed up money, get the best player/players you can in FA. That's probably only a #6-#8 seed for the next 5 years but they are a bottom feeder for at least the next three without this move.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

For some reason this news pisses me off since Kat hasn't been playing
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Joboo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 pm The stupidity of some of our fans is astounding. I’m not a GD fan on the court but he has 1.5 years left on his deal not 2. He is an expiring contract next year...yet some act like it’s crazy that some team would take him as salary filler in the right trade.

Cov, Naz, GD for DLo

Personally I still think it’s going to take a 1st as well. This draft is a crap shoot I’d be fine giving up the pick.
Honestly, I don't know how you can't be a fan of Gorgui with how he's played this year. He's probably been our most consistent player night in and night out. Plus what he's added to his game in various facets has been most impressive.

Like J2J briefly stated a few PGs who are generally regarded as at least a tier or 2 "under" Russell in Dinwiddie and Brogdon, I would take either of them 10/10 times over D'Angelo Russell. It's difficult for.me to reconcile the willingness to go after him as our future PG.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Cov, Naz, GD for DLo

I started a thread on here to talk about Gorgui’s trade value. He is a legit starter on at least 10 teams. Look what the Kings paid Dedmon. Gorgui is better in every way and only making 3-4 million per year depending on the year. GSW, Houston, Dallas, and more would be idiots to pass on Gorgui if it meant getting Roco in the bargain. That said, the question is what do we want back. I like the idea of pursuing a star PG, but I prefer the idea of pursing a star SG and trading for a non ball dominant facilitator with a better shot than Ricky. Westbrook and Young are both stars but their teams are not at the top of the NBA. The reason is simple. A star PG only gets so much accomplished.

Look at Rose last season. His scoring was leading our bench. His defense was decent relative to most backup PGs, yet when he balled stopped or offense suffered. There is only one basketball and it needs to be in the hands of KAT, Wiggins, and a legit 3rd star.

GSW turned down Gorgui, Roco, and Reid. The only other offer I would make is one involving Wiggins and that is more to clear the books. No one on here likes my ideas for reasonable third scoring targets like Harris or Hield. They don’t like my ideas for trying to put Dlo and Booker with KAT. Simply put, the people on this site seem to undervalue or talent relative to how the league sees them. Teague by the numbers is one of the best backup PGs in the league. He is on an expiring contract, and is shooting much better from 3. So of course everyone on here says he had no value. G is a moderate value asset with package potential. This team needs to move on from Dlo and target someone who will help us take the next level. We should also buy low on guys like DSJ and try to turn them into something during this wasted year.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Who here actually is high on Dlo?
T_J

Post by T_J »

LordNu wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:07 am Who here actually is high on Dlo?
He had a shitty start to his career, was revived by a good coach last year and he's the kind of guy the Wolves should be targeting. Young, pretty good, upside. It's not exactly the same, but it's a similar approach to the Rockets going after Harden and being relevant for like 7 years now...I wonder if he wasn't linked to KAT though if we'd be interested at all as he's clearly not that level and I think when Harden was traded, most people thought he was a Ginobili type minimum.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Dinwiddie is on a nice deal, but Russell is the one who brought the Nets to the playoffs last year. You get what you pay for.

Brogdon is on a little better deal but he still makes 21M a year and is 27.

Russell is the youngest of the three by a good margin. He’s still improving. I’m not sure Brogdon and Dinwiddie are.

We know KAT wants to play with Russell.

Russell’s off the dribble shooting numbers are top 7 in the league. Wolves have never had a shooter like that.

Brogdon and Dinwiddie this year vs Russell last year (on a good Nets team): https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... dx=players
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

winforlose wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 am I started a thread on here to talk about Gorgui’s trade value. He is a legit starter on at least 10 teams. Look what the Kings paid Dedmon. Gorgui is better in every way and only making 3-4 million per year depending on the year. GSW, Houston, Dallas, and more would be idiots to pass on Gorgui if it meant getting Roco in the bargain. That said, the question is what do we want back. I like the idea of pursuing a star PG, but I prefer the idea of pursing a star SG and trading for a non ball dominant facilitator with a better shot than Ricky. Westbrook and Young are both stars but their teams are not at the top of the NBA. The reason is simple. A star PG only gets so much accomplished.

Look at Rose last season. His scoring was leading our bench. His defense was decent relative to most backup PGs, yet when he balled stopped or offense suffered. There is only one basketball and it needs to be in the hands of KAT, Wiggins, and a legit 3rd star.

GSW turned down Gorgui, Roco, and Reid. The only other offer I would make is one involving Wiggins and that is more to clear the books. No one on here likes my ideas for reasonable third scoring targets like Harris or Hield. They don’t like my ideas for trying to put Dlo and Booker with KAT. Simply put, the people on this site seem to undervalue or talent relative to how the league sees them. Teague by the numbers is one of the best backup PGs in the league. He is on an expiring contract, and is shooting much better from 3. So of course everyone on here says he had no value. G is a moderate value asset with package potential. This team needs to move on from Dlo and target someone who will help us take the next level. We should also buy low on guys like DSJ and try to turn them into something during this wasted year.
Boo-fucking-hoo.

You want to see an SG acquired before a PG?

Rose' defense was not that good and he couldn't stay healthy.

Teams have to be willing to give you Harris or Hield, not gonna happen.

Teague has sucked the entire time he has been here.

And your whining about people not liking "your idea" of putting Dlo, Booker and KAT together? Fuck dude, this is highly improbable to happen and wasn't your fucking idea.

Geezus lol!
j2j

Post by j2j »

Fans always overvalue the talent on their favorite team.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Dlo has been the target for Rosas all along. He's friends with KAT, sure, but he's locked up in the prime with KAT....having a big and PG who can both shoot is an ideal way to build a contending team. Dlo hasn't played great this year, but he's proven he can shoot and score...we've never had a PG with his ability.

I don't think a deal with the Warriors had to involve our pick, but I'm kind of okay with it. Dlo, Wiggins, KAT, Culver, Oke....not to mention Naz and Diop...they are all 24 or younger, and we have them all locked up as long as we'd like. That's a lot of young talent already...fuck, even Layman is only 25! Point is, while we should def want the pick protected....it shouldn't be a sticking point based on how much young talent we already would have on the roster.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

The pick should be worse than #11. Maybe even falls out of the lotto.

If I’m the Warriors, I might ask for Culver instead.

Not sure if I do that. I happen to think Culver is Wiggins replacement.

Btw, I would try to move Wigs if we got Russell.
winforlose

Post by winforlose »

Lightning wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:29 am
winforlose wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 am I started a thread on here to talk about Gorgui’s trade value. He is a legit starter on at least 10 teams. Look what the Kings paid Dedmon. Gorgui is better in every way and only making 3-4 million per year depending on the year. GSW, Houston, Dallas, and more would be idiots to pass on Gorgui if it meant getting Roco in the bargain. That said, the question is what do we want back. I like the idea of pursuing a star PG, but I prefer the idea of pursing a star SG and trading for a non ball dominant facilitator with a better shot than Ricky. Westbrook and Young are both stars but their teams are not at the top of the NBA. The reason is simple. A star PG only gets so much accomplished.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

You want to see an SG acquired before a PG?

Rose' defense was not that good and he couldn't stay healthy.

Teams have to be willing to give you Harris or Hield, not gonna happen.

Teague has sucked the entire time he has been here.

And your whining about people not liking "your idea" of putting Dlo, Booker and KAT together? Fuck dude, this is highly improbable to happen and wasn't your fucking idea.

Geezus lol!
Normally I don’t feed trolls, but today I make a small exception to clarify two points.

1. We don’t need a star PG. We need a PG who can shoot and is a good facilitator. Pgs don’t need to be scoring 20 plus PPG if they make the team better.

2. Having three legit stars is the key. If we cannot find a PG star than move on find a SG star or SF star and settle for an above mentioned PG. We were doing just fine last season when Tyus filled in for JFT. Give the ball to the guys who can score.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

thinktank wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 am The pick should be worse than #11. Maybe even falls out of the lotto.

I think the Warriors would want our pick or Culver, but Rosas will not give up his first thing he ever bought on the job. The pick, even if just outside the lotto, is still fair compensation. I'd argue that a guy like Okogie would interest them as well. He could have an Iggy lite role for them off their bench, and if dealt this year, he'll know his role with the AS squad they are coming back with next year. As for moving Wiggins, surely he has a market, but it's small and we don't know who it would be. Maybe someone like Sac?...but the focus should be getting a scoring/shooting PG to add to our foundation that is KAT. If the guy happens to be the same age and best friends locked up for the next four years, well then that's just fine by me!
T_J

Post by T_J »

thinktank wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 am The pick should be worse than #11. Maybe even falls out of the lotto.

You got to.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Rosas is only tied to two guys....KAT, one of the best bigs in the game, and Culver, the guy he picked for the first time ever running his team. Everyone else is on the table, including Wiggins...but the market for him isn't exactly stellar. Sacramento, Knicks, Charlotte, and maybe Toronto since they've got a weird offseason ahead of them and a lil hometown love as a side dish. But while I think teams I just mentioned would take him on and he'd have a role on those teams, I'm afraid of what would be offered back.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 am Rosas is only tied to two guys....KAT, one of the best bigs in the game, and Culver, the guy he picked for the first time ever running his team. Everyone else is on the table, including Wiggins...but the market for him isn't exactly stellar. Sacramento, Knicks, Charlotte, and maybe Toronto since they've got a weird offseason ahead of them and a lil hometown love as a side dish. But while I think teams I just mentioned would take him on and he'd have a role on those teams, I'm afraid of what would be offered back.
Hopefully a collection of short contract role players.

If you somehow got pieces that fit longer-term, then bonus.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 am
digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 am Rosas is only tied to two guys....KAT, one of the best bigs in the game, and Culver, the guy he picked for the first time ever running his team. Everyone else is on the table, including Wiggins...but the market for him isn't exactly stellar. Sacramento, Knicks, Charlotte, and maybe Toronto since they've got a weird offseason ahead of them and a lil hometown love as a side dish. But while I think teams I just mentioned would take him on and he'd have a role on those teams, I'm afraid of what would be offered back.

If anyone including Rosas wouldn’t trade Culver for DLO then they deserve the fucking losing squad they are always going to have.

KAT and Culver have zero fucking connection on the floor, none - and they are on the same damn team. KAT is the star here and will leave is Rosas doesn’t get him a PG who can pair with him. With that enjoy Culver as your teams new centerpiece.

That’s the reality Rosas is facing.

If the Warriors want Culver and Covington and the Wolves keep their 1st round pick.....you do it and walk away with a happy star and a true foundation to build on. I’ve mentioned this package before and it’s a fair trade for both teams.

I’m not saying that is the first offer, but Rosas should be willing to make that the final best offer.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Alright, well let's dissect these teams a little bit. The Raptors are a lock for the playoffs, they have no urgency to make a deal right now this season, but this offseason is going to be bonkers for them. Ibaka, Gasol, and FVV are all FA....Lowry is in his final year next season. They've got Pascal, Powell and OG as really their only long termish kind of guys. Do they bring the whole band back together or do they retool. I don't even know if Uri is going to be back. So all the crazy going on, Wiggins could be a swing they'd like to play with Pascal. I think they try to bring back everyone, obviously on much cheaper deals, but how much they want to invest in FVV and whether both Ibaka and Gasol take much less money is going to be to decisive factors for them. I'd rate a deal with them as unlikely.

Charlotte looks more welcoming. For starters, like the Wolves, they are not a FA destination.....Monk and Bacon have been underwhelming....a legit scoring wing is something they'd absolutely be interested in and they have plenty of space to do it. Further, they have Batum's bloated option which I'm pretty sure he'll take since he can't stay healthy anymore. They've got tons of expiring deals and like I said, not being a FA destination...trading for a player of Wiggins caliber might be the best they can get. I think there is absolute potential there.

The Knicks, just like Charlotte have a few expirings and in reality, are not a FA destination anymore. RJ is there future, and he's a swing too....but Wiggins and RJ could absolutely play together, so that's not really an issue. A Portis/Ellington/Peyton/DSJ kind of deal would seem in the realm of possible since neither guy is a long term plan for anyone, let alone NY. Dolan will have them drinking the koolaid that they can get Giannis or some shit in 2021, but maybe someone in their org will have a dose of reality and realize getting a guy like Wiggins might be the best talent they could add besides scoring in the draft. No one wants to play for a Dolan ran team. The fact that we've been linked to DSjr and the fact that they have the salary pieces to match taking on a guy like Wiggins does make me wonder.

And last but not least, Sac....the Kings are interesting for a few reasons. They have two wing players that either A, hate it there, or B...have sucked. And both guys are making over 20 million next year. Fox isn't going anywhere, BB is probably going to bounce since he'll command a lot of money, and Bagley looks like a keeper. So for the Wolves, would we want to swap Wiggins for a guy like Barnes. It would save us 7 million starting next year, but we're getting a lesser player. And to get Heild, who I'd prefer because he can shoot....we would have to have a weird deal to get him this year. His extension doesn't kick in until next season.....so we'd have to take on even more garbage to do a deal this year, and then have to pay Buddy a ton next year. If this is our route, we need to way until after July 1st so Heild's deal kicks in.

So for me, if I would rank those possibilities....it's Charlotte, Knicks, Sac, and then Toronto.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 am

If anyone including Rosas wouldn’t trade Culver for DLO then they deserve the fucking losing squad they are always going to have.

KAT and Culver have zero fucking connection on the floor, none - and they are on the same damn team. KAT is the star here and will leave is Rosas doesn’t get him a PG who can pair with him. With that enjoy Culver as your teams new centerpiece.

If the Warriors want Culver and Covington and the Wolves keep their 1st round pick.....you do it and walk away with a happy star and a true foundation to build on. I’ve mentioned this package before and it’s a fair trade for both teams.

I’m not saying that is the first offer, but Rosas should be willing to make that the final best offer.

They are not going to want Culver and we aren't going to give up Culver. And you pointing that Culver and KAT have zero connection is meaningless. Culver has played half a season as a rook, KAT has missed basically half of said half season. Of course there isn't chemistry there yet, they've played a whopping 20 games together. :lol:

I think they'll want our pick, something they can mold and choose on their own. And I've also stated, Okogie might be a piece they value, as an Iggy style bench player that the Warriors thrived with.
T_J

Post by T_J »

The easier response is GFY joda, you're an annoying sack of shit. Just copy and paste your bullshit and save yourself the energy. I guarantee the dude chicken pecks to type also.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Culver can play D, we know that. Now his offense is just starting to show. This guy should be our starting 2 of the future. No way I'm trading him for DLo who is a risk to succeed and doesn't play D. DLo even stated he doesn't like the weather here.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am Culver can play D, we know that. Now his offense is just starting to show. This guy should be our starting 2 of the future. No way I'm trading him for DLo who is a risk to succeed and doesn't play D. DLo even stated he doesn't like the weather here.
Again, I don't see why Culver would be involved for them or us. Doesn't mean they wouldn't want him, but he's going to be our starting SG....they don't need that, now or even in three years. They need a guy like Cov, they could use guys like Dieng and Okogie, and they'll probably want our pick....but the use for Culver probably isn't very high for them like it is us. And as I've said, Rosas isn't parting with his first ever draft selection....certainly not for a guy he was trying to get outright this past summer.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:36 am

They are not going to want Culver and we aren't going to give up Culver. And you pointing that Culver and KAT have zero connection is meaningless. Culver has played half a season as a rook, KAT has missed basically half of said half season. Of course there isn't chemistry there yet, they've played a whopping 20 games together. :lol:

I think they'll want our pick, something they can mold and choose on their own. And I've also stated, Okogie might be a piece they value, as an Iggy style bench player that the Warriors thrived with.
I point out there is no connection, because there isn’t. Also Culver has shown no connection with Wiggins on the court as well, meaning he isn’t like trading away an arm right now, he wouldn’t be missed except by some fans - the players wouldn’t give a shit. Sorry but that isn’t up for debate that is just the reality.

DLO coming in would cure any sore assed fans and the players would fall into line because there would actually be a hierarchy that this team is dying for and has been since KG left.

If they want Culver you trade him, but keep the first round pick.

If they want the first round pick they can have that instead.

T_J

Post by T_J »

Wiggins has never shown a connection on the court with anyone!!!

Geezus fuck.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:27 am

I point out there is no connection, because there isn’t. Also Culver has shown no connection with Wiggins on the court as well, meaning he isn’t like trading away an arm right now, he wouldn’t be missed except by some fans - the players wouldn’t give a shit. Sorry but that isn’t up for debate that is just the reality.

DLO coming in would cure any sore assed fans and the players would fall into line because there would actually be a hierarchy that this team is dying for and has been since KG left.

I think you're confused on how the NBA works....players don't really give a shit unless it's a guy like Durant or LBJ leaving. Further, you're doing your typical speaking as a matter of fact when really just giving an opinion. I've already spoke on KAT and Culvers time completely not in the realm of lining up due to KAT's injury and Culver being coddled along the first month of the season, but now you want to touch on his chemistry with Wiggins....a guy that shows hardly any emotion of any kind, towards anyone? Culver is going to be this teams future starting SG, that's not up for debate....it is just the reality.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

If they want Culver you trade him, :roll: No you don't but keep the first round pick.

:lol:
Last edited by kilkenny on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

DLO, not sold on h at all but if it gets rid of Wiggins, have at it.

DLO
Culver
Towns

It's a start.
Style

Post by Style »

Rosas is either higher on DLo than about 95% of this board or he's now using him as leverage in RoCo and other deals.

I hope it's the latter.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

I think you're confused on how the NBA works....players don't really give a shit unless it's a guy like Durant or LBJ leaving. Further, you're doing your typical speaking as a matter of fact when really just giving an opinion. I've already spoke on KAT and Culvers time completely not in the realm of lining up due to KAT's injury and Culver being coddled along the first month of the season, but now you want to touch on his chemistry with Wiggins....a guy that shows hardly any emotion of any kind, towards anyone? Culver is going to be this teams future starting SG, that's not up for debate....it is just the reality.
Just like Butler..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: