Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Seenin

Re: Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

Post by Seenin »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm lakersnation - whoever that is - is proposing a lakers/wolves swap. covington to them for KCP, troy daniels and an unprotected 2017 first rounder. comments? i'm actually not opposed. cov is being misused as is - at least replacing him with KCP would end the ridiculousness of playing a 3 at the 4. and KCP is a really good defender. had a horrible start to the season shooting - but has now rebounded and has knocked down 40% of his treys. daniels is a shooting PG, who could fill in if we also dump teague - he's only hitting 35% of his threes this season, but is a career 40% shooter from deep. and then there's the hanging 2027 thing. seems waaay out now, but in 2027 we might be saying "whoa! did we ever screw LA! the first is a lottery pick this year!" i mean, really - both AD and bron will be long gone by then, so they could in reality be in a rebuild year. so, anyway....
Big barf from me
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it came from matt peralta - lakersnation. and my bad, of course i meant a 2027 first rounder - not one from two years ago.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
D_H

Post by D_H »

The Golden State Warriors are unlikely to trade D'Angelo Russell during the 19-20 season.

The Warriors could conceivably package Russell and their 2020 first round draft pick for an All-Star in the offseason.

"They're not going to me making calls on D'Angelo Russell," said Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Warriors are also hard capped for the remainder of the season, which would limit what they could do with a trade.

From RealGM
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm
From RealGM
Apart from the Woj quote - which seems more speculation from him than solid - I can't believe RealGM.

Smoke and mirrors at the moment.
D_H

Post by D_H »

LordNu wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:50 pm
From RealGM
Apart from the Woj quote - which seems more speculation from him than solid - I can't believe RealGM.

It’s not from a poster it’s a wiretap report.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:52 pm
From RealGM

Please DH, I just want to believe something positive will happen to the Wolves for once.
D_H

Post by D_H »

LordNu wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Please DH, I just want to believe something positive will happen to the Wolves for once.
Trust me you don’t want him , I have NBA league Pass and he’s just a terrible defensive of player.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

D_H wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Trust me you don’t want him , I have NBA league Pass and he’s just a terrible defensive of player.
As are most of the Wolves.

I don't know, seven straight losses hurt. At least you aren't rubbing it in.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I seriously hope that the Timberwolves move on from D-Lo.

He doesn't want to be here. We don't need players like that.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

It's a conspiracy! You got to move on. It is not happening in the near future.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:57 am I seriously hope that the Timberwolves move on from D-Lo.

He doesn't want to be here. We don't need players like that.
If Golden State isn't able to swing the sign and trade, I think he's here. The Lakers situation with Kawhi wasn't solved or another what, 10-15 days? He had those three options.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

First off, anything based around KCP is garbage....Lakers are not an ideal trade partner with us unless they are talking Kuzma. And even then, I can't imagine we're interested. This team has needed a perimeter threat, ideally at PG for a while now. Rosas hasn't been on the job but a year, but how he's targeting anything but such a type a player is beyond me. We're either making a deal at the deadline or July 1st, but we're getting a PG. Maybe it's Dlo, maybe it's Vanvleet....but we're not targeting horse shit like KCP unless we have knowledge that a guy like Vanvleet will sign with us July 1st. And even then, that doesn't make any sense.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Dane does a good job of laying out why a DLo trade benefits both us and the Warriors. Though it's possible the Warriors get a better offer or don't prefer to just keep DLo, as opposed to cutting salary this year and extending out the trade exception size and window to next December. Maybe picks are needed, but that's not the point when discussing salary implications.

Then maybe Teague is used elsewhere to improve long term shooting/depth?

C - Towns/Vonleh
PF - KBD/Layman
SF - Covington/Wiggins
SG - Wiggins/Okogie
PG - Russell/Napier

Maybe Chicago can be talked into a Teague and a protected 1st for LaVine to help them cut salary. ;-) Get the band back together. Win games 170-165.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm SAY NO TO DLO.

Honestly at this point it doesnt even matter, if we keep running these idiotic 3SG 1SF 1C lineups and shit rotations we will just tear it down in a year and a half anyway because its going to continue to be a disaster.
Who should we go after at PG? My patience is wearing thin with this season once again :/ GIVE ME SOMETHING!!

PS I am surprised Dieng was used in that example by Dane above and not Teague.
j2j

Post by j2j »

LordNu wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Honestly at this point it doesnt even matter, if we keep running these idiotic 3SG 1SF 1C lineups and shit rotations we will just tear it down in a year and a half anyway because its going to continue to be a disaster.
Who should we go after at PG? My patience is wearing thin with this season once again :/ GIVE ME SOMETHING!!

Doesn't work with Teague, he makes more than Iggy's trade exception.

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm

And here I was thinking that was the only thing we could offer, Teagues expiring.
j2j

Post by j2j »

LordNu wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:10 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm

And here I was thinking that was the only thing we could offer, Teagues expiring.
To be clear there are other ways to work the deal, but the goal here was to maximize a TPE for the Warriors so they can use it to add to the team in the offseason when Curry and Klay are healthy, plus they've either used their potentially top 3 pick for a rookie or trade target.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Zero chance Golden State take Gorgui in any deal.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Zero chance we do anything of significance
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm

I dont know if there is a good immediate option. Maybe Lillard but I dont think he can be traded til the summer.

Theres two realities I have accepted. First we need a primary ball handler that compliments Towns. Second, by doing so we put Wiggins back into 3rd wheel mode where he becomes ineffective, so he would need to go.

A guy like Dlo brings the same issues with bad Wiggins while also not being good enough to elevate us. Lillard and Towns is at least a legit star tandem. Wiggins improved play has shut down the horrible contract talk for now so its possible he has some value now. See how the lotto plays out, and try to build something around Wiggins/Culver/pick.

Other than that I dont really see any guys who fit what we need. We could improve with a 3 and D PG, a pat beverly type, but thats not a long term answer. We need our primary ball handler to be better than Wiggins. Whatever compliments we add can help but ultimately not get us to contender level. Not saying Lillard gets us there, but Lillard/Towns gets us the playoffs while we try to add a couple pieces.
Who are we trading for Lillard? :lol:

Cripes. I suppose a combination Dieng and Vonleh can get this one done? :lol:

If Porto trades away Lillard, we have absolutely no one that they wouldn't immediately hang up the phone on other than Towns.

You could offer them our whole roster minus Towns and they would laugh.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 pm
NotRasho wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:57 pm

I dont know if there is a good immediate option. Maybe Lillard but I dont think he can be traded til the summer.

Theres two realities I have accepted. First we need a primary ball handler that compliments Towns. Second, by doing so we put Wiggins back into 3rd wheel mode where he becomes ineffective, so he would need to go.

A guy like Dlo brings the same issues with bad Wiggins while also not being good enough to elevate us. Lillard and Towns is at least a legit star tandem. Wiggins improved play has shut down the horrible contract talk for now so its possible he has some value now. See how the lotto plays out, and try to build something around Wiggins/Culver/pick.

Other than that I dont really see any guys who fit what we need. We could improve with a 3 and D PG, a pat beverly type, but thats not a long term answer. We need our primary ball handler to be better than Wiggins. Whatever compliments we add can help but ultimately not get us to contender level. Not saying Lillard gets us there, but Lillard/Towns gets us the playoffs while we try to add a couple pieces.
Who are we trading for Lillard? :lol:

Cripes. I suppose a combination Dieng and Vonleh can get this one done? :lol:

If Porto trades away Lillard, we have absolutely no one that they wouldn't immediately hang up the phone on other than Towns.

You could offer them our whole roster minus Towns and they would laugh.

Maybe Portland can throw CJ McCollum as well for good measure? I always love these trades on message boards, the home team always gets overwhelming better end of the deal. Lol
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Lillard will cost a fortune....I don't think we'd be laughed if they expressed interest in moving him...we have the same amount of ammo anyone else can muster up. Young talent, picks, expirings....but I don't think either team is interested in that right now.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm lakersnation - whoever that is - is proposing a lakers/wolves swap. covington to them for KCP, troy daniels and an unprotected 2017 first rounder. comments? i'm actually not opposed. cov is being misused as is - at least replacing him with KCP would end the ridiculousness of playing a 3 at the 4. and KCP is a really good defender. had a horrible start to the season shooting - but has now rebounded and has knocked down 40% of his treys. daniels is a shooting PG, who could fill in if we also dump teague - he's only hitting 35% of his threes this season, but is a career 40% shooter from deep. and then there's the hanging 2027 thing. seems waaay out now, but in 2027 we might be saying "whoa! did we ever screw LA! the first is a lottery pick this year!" i mean, really - both AD and bron will be long gone by then, so they could in reality be in a rebuild year. so, anyway....
Did this come from one of those shitty FanSided pages? It sounds like it.
Had to. Cov wasn't even here in 2016. How the F*CK do we get a 2017 FRP?
Unless it's a typo.

Anyway, where is the mention of DLo?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it was my typo - i fixed it, but i don't think most saw the fix. but yeah - the pick would be 2027. the idea came from matt peralta a couple days ago.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

bump
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Maybe post the article. I don't subscribe.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Do NOT give up Culver as part of a DLo trade. We would be stupid.
T_J

Post by T_J »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm Do NOT give up Culver as part of a DLo trade. We would be stupid.
I think they're intent on getting rid of anyone not named Towns from the previous regime. Culver being Rosas' first ever move, he'll hang onto him like grim death.