Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Timberwolves Interested In DLO & Lowry

Post by RubeTube »

Nice!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Not familiar. Won't vouch for em
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Well there we go.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

But seriously, Lowry? It sounds like Rosas is calling in favours from Houston (asking them to pursue Covington to up his value) and simply putting another name into the mix (Lowry) so GS think we have other options.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 pm But seriously, Lowry? It sounds like Rosas is calling in favours from Houston (asking them to pursue Covington to up his value) and simply putting another name into the mix (Lowry) so GS think we have other options.
Not a bad strategy.
Spoiler:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 pm But seriously, Lowry? It sounds like Rosas is calling in favours from Houston (asking them to pursue Covington to up his value) and simply putting another name into the mix (Lowry) so GS think we have other options.
Not a bad strategy.
Smoke n' mirrors. We know he wants Dlo, it is like the worst kept secret since the offseason. GS only got him so they could get something from us later down the track. I trust in Rosas to make it a fair trade, and not get bent over.

Actually, this will be quite make or break for Rosas in our WC eyes.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

GET DLO !
Corre Ricky Corre

What did Woj say exactly?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

They can't actively pursue or even make a call till 15 Dec, correct? Or is it fine to have discussions, just nothing can be done?
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:26 pm
Sally wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 pm
Not a bad strategy.
Smoke n' mirrors. We know he wants Dlo, it is like the worst kept secret since the offseason. GS only got him so they could get something from us later down the track. I trust in Rosas to make it a fair trade, and not get bent over.

Actually, this will be quite make or break for Rosas in our WC eyes.
DLo is def an upgrade and he’s KATS sidekick so I’m for it if we can hold on to Wiggins and Cov. Take anyone but those 3 and we’d be happy to pay him.
Spoiler:
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 pm They can't actively pursue or even make a call till 15 Dec, correct? Or is it fine to have discussions, just nothing can be done?
Pretty sure gms can talk to each other about trades at anytime.

Remember the 3 month wait for the Wiggins trade to be official?
Spoiler:
Corre Ricky Corre

How the hell would we get DLo without giving up Cov?
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm How the hell would we get DLo without giving up Cov?
No idea. But I <3 cov.
Spoiler:
Corre Ricky Corre

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm How the hell would we get DLo without giving up Cov?
No idea. But I <3 cov.
I do too but I move him to get DLo. I think we would be soooo much better with a PG who can actually create for others. It would be amazing to keep Cov though.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Sally wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
No idea. But I <3 cov.
I do too but I move him to get DLo. I think we would be soooo much better with a PG who can actually create for others. It would be amazing to keep Cov though.
What do you do w Wiggins to keep him interested if you have a point that needs the ball?
Spoiler:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am with TrueBlue, I don't want to give up Wiggins or Covington. Covington is like Rubio, he does a lot of intangible things to make the side a lot better which go unrecognised. He does need to be moved to SF to fully utilise those abilities, but that is for another thread.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

This. I thought about this earlier. Not for Lowry but that Rosas is getting some help here. Houston has nothing of value they will give up for RoCo.

I personally would rather have Lowry I think. He's on a decent contract and you would have him the rest of this year and next. If you don't plan on signing RoCo back which I don't think will happen, Lowry is a upgrade.

I'm not with the "Timeline" folks. This team is arse. Go win some games and put a decent product on the floor for a few years before I'm worrying about our "Championship timeline"

DLO is obviously the more coveted and young player who fits the nucleus but will take more to get and you are going to have to max him and I'm not so sure he is worth that but at the same time, who the hell else are we getting to come here?

I endorse getting anyone here with some cred.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 pm They can't actively pursue or even make a call till 15 Dec, correct? Or is it fine to have discussions, just nothing can be done?
Pretty sure gms can talk to each other about trades at anytime.

Remember the 3 month wait for the Wiggins trade to be official?
I thought that may be different as it didn't involve a newly signed player. I am just curious since there has been all that talk on how teams can't actively pursue players from other sides until they are free agents.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 pm What did Woj say exactly?
Just updated first post with video, 3:30 mark
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 pm I am with Sally, I don't want to give up Wiggins or Covington. Covington is like Rubio, he does a lot of intangible things to make the side a lot better which go unrecognised. He does need to be moved to SF to fully utilise those abilities, but that is for another thread.
I think Covington is going to catch his first flight out of MN as soon as his contract is up unless he is severely overpaid and he is not someone I want to overpay at all.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Russell making 27 million

Teague 19 million expiring, Culver 6 million, + 2020 1st round pick.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Updated OP with video where woj talks about Wolves searching for point guard.

3:30 time stamp
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:34 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Sally wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 pm

No idea. But I <3 cov.
What do you do w Wiggins to keep him interested if you have a point that needs the ball?
If that really is Wiggins attitude than they need to get rid of him. He's not good enough to demand the bapl like that. He's just at this point become serviceable.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Won't hapoen. Some other team with offer something better than that garbage. RoCo is going to have to be involved.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 pm I am with Sally, I don't want to give up Wiggins or Covington. Covington is like Rubio, he does a lot of intangible things to make the side a lot better which go unrecognised. He does need to be moved to SF to fully utilise those abilities, but that is for another thread.
I think Covington is going to catch his first flight out of MN as soon as his contract is up unless he is severely overpaid and he is not someone I want to overpay at all.
You got that right RT.....I'm bored with his act and wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with one of those SLOW healing injuries any week now.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I still don't believe a team wants to touch that Wiggins contract. It was pretty much considered the worst contract in the league and he's only played well for a handful of games.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Done.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 pm
I really don't get that vibe from him.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Spoiler: