Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 am Rosas is either higher on DLo than about 95% of this board or he's now using him as leverage in RoCo and other deals.

I hope it's the latter.
:lol: Giving the idiot credit for having a long term plan? Like that plan where he traded up 3 hours early for a guy who went one pick before? Or knowing for a fact that he could trade back down? Taking the one non shooter for his all 3 team? Yeah, he has a plan. :lol:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:47 am
Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 am Rosas is either higher on DLo than about 95% of this board or he's now using him as leverage in RoCo and other deals.

I hope it's the latter.
:lol: Giving the idiot credit for having a long term plan? Like that plan where he traded up 3 hours early for a guy who went one pick before? Or knowing for a fact that he could trade back down? Taking the one non shooter for his all 3 team? Yeah, he has a plan. :lol:
It'd be nice if you'd shut the fuck up, jackass.

Signed,

Everyone.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

We all know Rosas wants to make an impact move and needs another ace next to KAT.

Outside of DLO, please tell me who you see in the Draft and FA that is going to fill the bill?

This decision in DLO becomes almost a no brainer when you look at it from that standpoint.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Style

Post by Style »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm We all know Rosas wants to make an impact move and needs another ace next to KAT.

Outside of DLO, please tell me who you see in the Draft and FA that is going to fill the bill?

This decision in DLO becomes almost a no brainer when you look at it from that standpoint.

When you look at the options in that lens, yes, you are correct.

However, that's not the lens of NBA reality. Players become available at different times. There's constant turnover in the NBA. Just because at this very moment in time there isn't an ideal player available, doesn't mean the Wolves should hitch their wagon to a very average player making maximum money for the next four years. And give up assets in the process. That's foolish.

That's Thibs level of panic. Are you turning into Thibs? It seems like you are.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:34 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm We all know Rosas wants to make an impact move and needs another ace next to KAT.

However, that's not the lens of NBA reality. Players become available at different times. There's constant turnover in the NBA. Just because at this very moment in time there isn't an ideal player available, doesn't mean the Wolves should hitch their wagon to a very average player making maximum money for the next four years. And give up assets in the process. That's foolish.

Thibs panicked when he didn't do. All our core players were in their early 20's and the right play was to develop the young roster and Thibs couldn't handle it.

Right now we should panic. Towns is going to ask out soon. We aren't likely to draft/develop/ sign a better player than Dlo before that happens, as sad as that is. Beggars can't be choosers.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Style

Post by Style »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:39 pm

I hope it's the latter.
I dont think the helicopter ride was just 4D chess to improve Rocos value.

He loves Dlo. This is concerning.
I am concerned, but it's also possible he's moved on to some degree. Everyone in the league knows about the helicopter ride. Using that now can be a 4D chess move. Does he have the ability to back off? Time will tell. Getting DLo as a free agent is different than trading assets for him. A "free" max DLo still isn't great, but it's far better than a max DLo that costs RoCo, 1sts, or worse.

I hope that's his angle anyway, cuz this franchise is toast if DLo, Wiggins, and KAT are on the same roster.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This.

Not that high on DLO but you are not getting anything better and will continue to be terrible for some odd years until Kat finally asks out.

Pick your poison.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm

We wouldnt get DLO via the draft or FA, why put such restrictions on all other options?

All stars, MVPs, all NBA team caliber players come available every year. Hell, Jimmy Butler has been available like 3 years in a row. If DLO is our best current option then it does make our decision a no brainer, we wait for a better target and accumulate assets in the meantime.
This is exactly how Houston got Harden for pieces. Stay mildly relevant, accumulate assets, pounce at the right moment.
Style

Post by Style »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Thibs panicked when he didn't do. All our core players were in their early 20's and the right play was to develop the young roster and Thibs couldn't handle it.

Right now we should panic. Towns is going to ask out soon. We aren't likely to draft/develop/ sign a better player than Dlo before that happens, as sad as that is. Beggars can't be choosers.
If we can't find a better player than the average DLo in the next 4.5 years, KAT will have every right to leave. The bar isn't very high the way it is, let's not lower it to DLo standards.

Make another good selection in the draft this year and suddenly there's Culver/pick as options for a legitimate star level player. Practice patience when in this position, not desperation.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

T_J wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:47 pm
NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm

We wouldnt get DLO via the draft or FA, why put such restrictions on all other options?

All stars, MVPs, all NBA team caliber players come available every year. Hell, Jimmy Butler has been available like 3 years in a row. If DLO is our best current option then it does make our decision a no brainer, we wait for a better target and accumulate assets in the meantime.
This is exactly how Houston got Harden for pieces. Stay mildly relevant, accumulate assets, pounce at the right moment.
Except this team isn't even close to "Mildly relevant" it's also a lot easier to find guys who won't bitch about going to Houston than it is here.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm
I am concerned, but it's also possible he's moved on to some degree. Everyone in the league knows about the helicopter ride. Using that now can be a 4D chess move. Does he have the ability to back off? Time will tell. Getting DLo as a free agent is different than trading assets for him. A "free" max DLo still isn't great, but it's far better than a max DLo that costs RoCo, 1sts, or worse.

I hope that's his angle anyway, cuz this franchise is toast if DLo, Wiggins, and KAT are on the same roster.
We never had the cap space to sign him. Having to make numerous deals and likely send out a lot of value to accommodate his signing is essentially the same as trading for him IMO.

I believe he still wants him. I think everybody is aware that GS took him just to retain value from losing KD and that he would be available before next season starts. Covington was also just the main piece returned for Butler, I dont think Rosas needs to hang DLOs luke warm name out there in association with Roco to pump value.

Things arent looking good for Rosas imo.
Lol. Wolves were fleeced in the Butler deal. One of the worst trades I have ever seen for a star player.

RoCo.isn't going to bring you some big return.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm

We never had the cap space to sign him. Having to make numerous deals and likely send out a lot of value to accommodate his signing is essentially the same as trading for him IMO.

I believe he still wants him. I think everybody is aware that GS took him just to retain value from losing KD and that he would be available before next season starts. Covington was also just the main piece returned for Butler, I dont think Rosas needs to hang DLOs luke warm name out there in association with Roco to pump value.

Things arent looking good for Rosas imo.
That's fair speculation. We may never know what Rosas' path really was to getting DLo. Hell, it maybe could've been buying out Teague/G or some whacky thing like that. Doubtful because Glen doesn't open the checkbook, but a potential path anyway. There had to be something there to get him in the helicopter.

Regardless, I've read a few of your recent posts and we're thinking the same way: Not really wanting DLo. I'm staying cautiously optimistic that Rosas will retreat.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he makes a doozy move. So far I can't really complain with his moves as I was in favor of the Saric/11 deal and still am even though it appears he missed his primary target. Nothing else rises to the level of good or bad, just a lot of indifferent moves.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:52 pm Lol. Wolves were fleeced in the Butler deal. One of the worst trades I have ever seen for a star player.

RoCo.isn't going to bring you some big return.
What a worthless post.

The topic was putting Covs name in trade talks around DLO to pump his value. I dont think this needs to be done first off because people are well aware of Cov and his contract, theres a market already. Second we have an actual deal he was part of just about a year ago in which he was traded for a "superstar". Being part of that deal is more pertinent to judging his value than talking about rumors of him in a DLO deal.

Where did anybody say Roco is going to fetch some huge return? I see him getting a 1st, probably in the teens, along with a 2nd. On its own its not much, but you do this so you can put together a package of assets in the future for a larger target.
There are teams who want RoCo but I think you will be highly disappointed on what many of them are willing to give up for them.

This team is absolute shit right now. What are you going to do, sit around and wait 2 years to see of someone becomes available? One of RoCos biggest values is the amount of years still peft on a relatively cheap contract.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm

If we can't find a better player than the average DLo in the next 4.5 years, KAT will have every right to leave. The bar isn't very high the way it is, let's not lower it to DLo standards.

Make another good selection in the draft this year and suddenly there's Culver/pick as options for a legitimate star level player. Practice patience when in this position, not desperation.
Next 4.5 years?? Rosas doesn't have 4.5 years to make this happen.

Have you not read any of the media reports about KAT and the Wolves over the last month? People are foolish if they don't believe that it is KAT or his agent team out feeding the media information in order to light a fire under Rosas to make a move. If Rosas doesn't have a Robin to KAT's Batman by the trade deadline of next season - KAT will ask out and force a trade.

Last edited by jodaman01 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Gotta make Kat happy. If it doesnt work both dlo and kat can be traded and get a haul. Bit gotta make our star happy.

Do like and prefer other options out there more like Aaron Holiday.

Starting to really like Haliburton and Maledon in the draft.

Do note I was one of the few who was a booster for Holiday and Brunson in the draft. And Shamet. Like Okogie but wanted to get an heir to Teague.
Last edited by mglviks on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Style

Post by Style »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:07 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:58 pm
That's fair speculation. We may never know what Rosas' path really was to getting DLo. Hell, it maybe could've been buying out Teague/G or some whacky thing like that. Doubtful because Glen doesn't open the checkbook, but a potential path anyway. There had to be something there to get him in the helicopter.

Regardless, I've read a few of your recent posts and we're thinking the same way: Not really wanting DLo. I'm staying cautiously optimistic that Rosas will retreat.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he makes a doozy move. So far I can't really complain with his moves as I was in favor of the Saric/11 deal and still am even though it appears he missed his primary target. Nothing else rises to the level of good or bad, just a lot of indifferent moves.
My biggest issue with Rosas isnt really roster construction, its roster usage.

I hate these "Center and whatever trash you want" lineups. Theres no consistency or logic to it. People talk about the ability to switch on defense, then we run a napier/teague back court which cant defend PGs let alone switch 2-4. We talk about spreading the floor and shooting and we march Grahams bum ass out there to start! We let Bell rot on the bench while Gleague fodder like Martin/Mclaughlin gets minutes.

We could be a significantly better team right now if we used our roster properly. We could still play an intelligent and modern style, but instead we diminish Covington by playing him at the 4 and then starting rec league trash like Graham.

Its just annoying.
I hear you. I believe that's more of a coaching problem than a front office problem. If Rosas is using Saunders as a puppet, then yes, that's solely on Rosas for overstepping his role. Why is this franchise always so god damn dysfunctional?
Style

Post by Style »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 pm
Style wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:48 pm

Next 4.5 years?? Rosas doesn't have 4.5 years to make this happen.

Have you not read any of the media reports about KAT and the Wolves over the last month? People are foolish if they don't believe that it is KAT or his agent team out feeding the media information in order to light a fire under Rosas to make a move. If Rosas doesn't have a Robin to KAT's Batman by the trade deadline of next season - KAT will ask out and force a trade.

Then it's on Rosas to grow a pair and talk with KAT/agent about the shit roster we have going on and how adding DLo only adds to the shit roster. It's okay for FO and players to communicate. It's a rarity around these parts, but it is an option.

The option shouldn't be to grab crappy players KAT likes and make this KG 2.0.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LOL. You never panic. Emotional midgets panic.