Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SO_MONEY

Re: Timberwolves Still Interested In DLO - Jonny Athletic

Post by SO_MONEY »

I am not a huge Russell fan, but GS has been a well run team and Dieng and Covington make them a better team. Added Center depth a position of weakness and Covington who fits with their core players as a starter. It does make me think would they cut off their nose to spite their face, because if I were aggressive in trying to make a deal around that and the GSW turned it down, you better believe I am offering less in a few months and I don't see the market for DLo bringing in much better to position their team as well for the next couple of years. Frankly, I hope it doesn't happen, but it almost seems like something they should do.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

If we get Dlo then I'm pretty sure Booker is coming here. The problem is prying dlp away. I'm not really a dlo fan but this might be "our" best shot at competing for some years.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Rat Pack Guy

Post by Rat Pack Guy »

Seenin wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 pm If we get Dlo then I'm pretty sure Booker is coming here. The problem is prying dlp away. I'm not really a dlo fan but this might be "our" best shot at competing for some years.
Booker is signed in Phoenix for the next 5 years. How are we getting him?
j2j

Post by j2j »

j2j wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Dane does a good job of laying out why a DLo trade benefits both us and the Warriors. Though it's possible the Warriors get a better offer or don't prefer to just keep DLo, as opposed to cutting salary this year and extending out the trade exception size and window to next December. Maybe picks are needed, but that's not the point when discussing salary implications.

Then maybe Teague is used elsewhere to improve long term shooting/depth?

C - Towns/Vonleh
PF - KBD/Layman
SF - Covington/Wiggins
SG - Wiggins/Okogie
PG - Russell/Napier

Maybe Chicago can be talked into a Teague and a protected 1st for LaVine to help them cut salary. ;-) Get the band back together. Win games 170-165.
Reposting Dane's tweet. With more info, maybe RoCo is sent to a contender for a pick?
Last edited by j2j on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Rat Pack Guy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:33 pm
Seenin wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 pm If we get Dlo then I'm pretty sure Booker is coming here. The problem is prying dlp away. I'm not really a dlo fan but this might be "our" best shot at competing for some years.
Booker is signed in Phoenix for the next 5 years. How are we getting him?
Draft pick(s) and future contract filler.
j2j

Post by j2j »

memyworld wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:35 pm
He kind of discredits himself with his quote tweet... lol

Seenin

Post by Seenin »

I would be sad to see Naz go honestly.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm
If that trade was actually offered, the Golden St. GM would not be finished laughing.
j2j

Post by j2j »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm
If that trade was actually offered, the Golden St. GM would not be finished laughing.
Exactly, which is why it's probably BS.

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

B scoops sucks, worse than Doogie

Doogie said Twins we’re out on Donaldson and then they sign him this week.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:42 pm B scoops sucks, worse than Doogie

His kids were playing soccer in the shower. Give him a break.
T_J

Post by T_J »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:45 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:42 pm B scoops sucks, worse than Doogie

His kids were playing soccer in the shower. Give him a break.
:lol:

Every god damn tweet. The one I saw today was like, I was in a Twins Vikings meeting....will investigate.

Will investigate how I can tweet "can confirm @________ who was first on the scoop."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I'd take Russell if Wiggins is headed out the door. If not, fuck no. That's not a trio that should ever be on the floor together outside of..well, ever.
Ooogabooga

Post by Ooogabooga »

NotRasho wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm Dlo is trash and we shouldnt bail the warriors out with our stupidity.

I wouldnt take him for free. Hes a borderline negative player on a max contract with an...aloof personality. If I had an empty roster, sure, but we dont. We have 2 max players already. His production and value is nowhere near his financial cost or asset cost of a trade.

I would literally rather have Allonzo Trier straight up. Dead serious.
I agree with this take. If we trade for DLO we should also be moving Wiggins to somewhere else. But then again we should be trying to move Wiggins somewhere else anyways independent of any DLO move.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

NotRasho wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm Dlo is trash and we shouldnt bail the warriors out with our stupidity.

I wouldnt take him for free. Hes a borderline negative player on a max contract with an...aloof personality. If I had an empty roster, sure, but we dont. We have 2 max players already. His production and value is nowhere near his financial cost or asset cost of a trade.

You are overstating but the main point is valid. He is a really good scorer but much of it can be at the expense of team. And while max deals like his and Wigs aren't the albatross so many make them to be you certainly don't want to make a habit of signing max deals for players who don't make everyone else better.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

The Warriors signed him 100% to trade him. They didn't sign him thinking he was in their long term plans at all.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:25 pm

The Warriors signed him 100% to trade him. They didn't sign him thinking he was in their long term plans at all.
If that is the case and it could be, they gave up a lot to get it done and getting it back will be hard.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I in no way think DLOs trash, but don’t think he’s quite as good as many here think. The Nets wouldn’t have got rid of him if he was a max talent. I think the Warriors will have to lower their asking price once they get the band back together.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:27 pm

If that is the case and it could be, they gave up a lot to get it done and getting it back will be hard.
What did they give? A future protected first, Napier, Graham and some cash.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

It was all about maximizing assets.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

NotRasho wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:11 pm You are overstating but the main point is valid. He is a really good scorer but much of it can be at the expense of team. And while max deals like his and Wigs aren't the albatross so many make them to be you certainly don't want to make a habit of signing max deals for players who don't make everyone else better.
Hes just not very good. Were talking about a guy with a career win shares/48 of .043, worse than Wiggins .045.

He doesnt get to the line, he doesnt defend, hes a mediocre shooter...theres nothing to like about this guy as a max player.

A guy like Brogdon is 10X the player Russell is. DINWIDDIE is better than him! LAVINE is better than him!

I dont want him for free, and I certainly dont want him over whatever else we could get for our assets.
No need for the overstatement. Brogdon makes big dollar too. I'd rather have him as well but we all know who our idiot is. He cares about 3's and scoring and playing fast. That's Russel. We are a better team right now with him no doubt. But are we better going forward with the moves we would need to make to mitigate his weaknesses? No way.

And win shares? Might as well quote defensive efficiency like Peterson always does during a 20 point loss when we give up 125. Ludicrous fake stats that geeks like Rosas faked a career off. The moronic way that they somehow think they can use a baseball model in basketball is mind bottling (we still doing that) What makes these idiots think you can take the same approach as a pitcher vs hitter in a true team sport? Mind bottling.

But I have no hope for this team making sound basketball decisions. They are the group that thinks size is a minus in basketball.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Wolves first-round pick will be added in that deal and that will get it done.

Said it before.. It's going to take RoCo and a 1st as the centerpiece.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:36 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:27 pm

What did they give? A future protected first, Napier, Graham and some cash.
2 FRPs, one with Iggy and one to BRK.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I would suspect everyone would jump at Brogdon and Dinwiddie in a heartbeat, but they're not available.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:44 pm The Wolves first-round pick will be added in that deal and that will get it done.

Said it before.. It's going to take RoCo and a 1st as the centerpiece.
Of course it would and that's why no deal for Russel with any team will be done until at least draft day. They aren't taking a protected pick and no one is giving an unprotected. They have zero reason to trade him now for something decent and a maybe.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Russell and Towns. Add as much shooting as possible, fire Saunders, sign D'Antoni after he's canned....7 seconds or less v.2.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

T_J wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:42 pm Russell and Towns. Add as much shooting as possible, fire Saunders, sign D'Antoni after he's canned....7 seconds or less v.2.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 pm
T_J wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:42 pm Russell and Towns. Add as much shooting as possible, fire Saunders, sign D'Antoni after he's canned....7 seconds or less v.2.
That's perfect.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

The stupidity of some of our fans is astounding. I’m not a GD fan on the court but he has 1.5 years left on his deal not 2. He is an expiring contract next year...yet some act like it’s crazy that some team would take him as salary filler in the right trade.

Most recent rumor and I don’t believe it but is:

Cov, Naz, GD for DLo

Personally I still think it’s going to take a 1st as well. This draft is a crap shoot I’d be fine giving up the pick.