Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2019-20 NBA Rumor/News/Transaction Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Reetz

Re: *** Official 2019-20 NBA Rumor/News/Transaction Thread ***

Post by Reetz »

I like a smaller deal to be made and reunite with Kris Dunn. Serviceable and cheap PG with almost 15 per...and not getting a run anymore with the bulls
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

https://www.inquisitr.com/5748714/timbe ... ell-trade/

Seems kinda high price for Russell doesn't it? How has he looked? I can't really see the games. But 2 picks and Covington and teagues salary.. would he make Wiggins drop some? Or help with spacing from outside shooting? Well,it's just a trade thrown out and I'm bored .
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

swenjj wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm https://www.inquisitr.com/5748714/timbe ... ell-trade/

Seems kinda high price for Russell doesn't it? How has he looked? I can't really see the games. But 2 picks and Covington and teagues salary.. would he make Wiggins drop some? Or help with spacing from outside shooting? Well,it's just a trade thrown out and I'm bored .
I read the dunking with wolves article, it sounded pretty much exactly what we expected. Salary/positional dump of Teague, their coveted Covington, plus sweetners. I don't really think they are currently in a position to ask for 2 first rounders, considering Russell is supposedly injured, and their record is the worst in the West. We DON'T have to make a move, whereas their fanbase will be blasting them to do something.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

LordNu wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 pm
swenjj wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:54 pm https://www.inquisitr.com/5748714/timbe ... ell-trade/

I read the dunking with wolves article, it sounded pretty much exactly what we expected. Salary/positional dump of Teague, their coveted Covington, plus sweetners. I don't really think they are currently in a position to ask for 2 first rounders, considering Russell is supposedly injured, and their record is the worst in the West. We DON'T have to make a move, whereas their fanbase will be blasting them to do something.
I would do this trade, but they are only getting one future 1st....next years, unprotected. We keep our kids and we have a PG locked up up with KAT. GS still gets everything it wants, but two firsts is greedy to say the least. I don't think adding Dlo hurts Wiggins....he's a more lethal scorer than Teague...guys don't sag off him like they do with Jeff. Wiggins will just have every wider lanes to crash than he currently does. Those three guys can literally take all the shots while the kids work the hustle and glue.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

I would do this trade, but they are only getting one future 1st....next years, unprotected. We keep our kids and we have a PG locked up up with KAT. GS still gets everything it wants, but two firsts is greedy to say the least. I don't think adding Dlo hurts Wiggins....he's a more lethal scorer than Teague...guys don't sag off him like they do with Jeff. Wiggins will just have every wider lanes to crash than he currently does. Those three guys can literally take all the shots while the kids work the hustle and glue.
Same for me, one pick.. I hate owing out in the future
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

swenjj wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 am
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

Same for me, one pick.. I hate owing out in the future
It's just too steep....granted, he's exactly what we need now and into the future....but you're giving an expiring, a very good role player under a great contract and an unprotected 1st. We could sputter out and that be a late lotto. I want to see Nowell play, but I would be okay tossing him or a future 2nd, but two firsts is too heavy.

Now having said that, if the did Dieng, Cov, and two firsts...I might consider it. We keep our kids....Teague falls off the books this summer and Dieng is no longer holding us down. We could lock up a guy like Vonlah for cheap and still have a few bucks to spend bolstering our bench.

Dlo/FA
Culver/Oke
Wiggins/Layman
Vonlah/Diop
KAT/Naz/FA

Lots of scoring, if we feel we need a defensive hound you can swap Oke for Culver...but our big three would be incredibly lethal. If Wiggins plays well all year, it may....possibly....lead to Booker announcing he wants to play with his buddy and a Booker Wiggins swap could be a possibility....since the three of Dlo, Booker, and KAT have all said they wanted to play together.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Game 1 for Melo and he played like absolute ass, as most expected.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

j2j wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am Game 1 for Melo and he played like absolute ass, as most expected.
He does look good in a blazers jersey though.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 am
j2j wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am Game 1 for Melo and he played like absolute ass, as most expected.
100%

I mean I'm a huge fan of Melo. I really wish there was a way we could clone him a few times and then we could see Melo in a Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, and Jazz jersey.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

j2j wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:29 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 am
100%

I mean I'm a huge fan of Melo. I really wish there was a way we could clone him a few times and then we could see Melo in a Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, and Jazz jersey.
I hate everything about the guy....he reminds me of Kate Hudson. I know she's good to look at, maybe a good actress...but she played her role so well in How to Lose a Guy in 10 days....I despise even seeing her face. She did that role so well, I hate seeing her face. Melo's debacle to NYC made me do the same thing with him as Hudson's movie portrayal. He played the role of an arrogant fuck so well (because he is) that I just fucking hate everything the guy does or touches. His alleged two million dollar "abstract" self portrait he hangs over his fireplace doesn't help his cause either.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:07 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm I hate everything about the guy....he reminds me of Kate Hudson. I know she's good to look at, maybe a good actress...but she played her role so well in How to Lose a Guy in 10 days....I despise even seeing her face. She did that role so well, I hate seeing her face. Melo's debacle to NYC made me do the same thing with him as Hudson's movie portrayal. He played the role of an arrogant fuck so well (because he is) that I just fucking hate everything the guy does or touches. His alleged two million dollar "abstract" self portrait he hangs over his fireplace doesn't help his cause either.
Why do you care so much? :lol:
That's the whole point...he's so off putting I shouldn't even notice how terrible he is, but as soon as I see his fat face....I gotsta turn the channel. Kate Hudson on TV....click. Some people just have a way about them....what can ya do?

Side note.....he's well past his prime and terrible at basketball that isn't being played at LA Fitness.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 pm I hate everything about the guy....he reminds me of Kate Hudson. I know she's good to look at, maybe a good actress...but she played her role so well in How to Lose a Guy in 10 days....I despise even seeing her face. She did that role so well, I hate seeing her face. Melo's debacle to NYC made me do the same thing with him as Hudson's movie portrayal. He played the role of an arrogant fuck so well (because he is) that I just fucking hate everything the guy does or touches. His alleged two million dollar "abstract" self portrait he hangs over his fireplace doesn't help his cause either.
That's the whole point...he's so off putting I shouldn't even notice how terrible he is, but as soon as I see his fat face....I gotsta turn the channel. Kate Hudson on TV....click. Some people just have a way about them....what can ya do?

Side note.....he's well past his prime and terrible at basketball that isn't being played at LA Fitness.
I agree, Kate Hudson sucks.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:47 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm That's the whole point...he's so off putting I shouldn't even notice how terrible he is, but as soon as I see his fat face....I gotsta turn the channel. Kate Hudson on TV....click. Some people just have a way about them....what can ya do?

Haha I guess we all have those people that looking at them just makes you want to punch them. To me its that Adam guy from "Adam ruins everything" or anybody who looks like him.
That guy and the sweater wearing car salesman fatass for trucar.

Last edited by Moses Scurry on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I thought she was great in Almost Famous. Other than that, yeah.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:57 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm That's the whole point...he's so off putting I shouldn't even notice how terrible he is, but as soon as I see his fat face....I gotsta turn the channel. Kate Hudson on TV....click. Some people just have a way about them....what can ya do?

Haha I guess we all have those people that looking at them just makes you want to punch them. To me its that Adam guy from "Adam ruins everything" or anybody who looks like him.

He’s got nothing on that Jamie dude from the Progressive ads.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:51 pmI had the displeasure of speaking to a guy today who I can most accurately visually describe as a 90lb wyatt earp in skinny jeans.
It would suck to have little things like this agitate you.

Snowflake’s gonna snowflake.
Last edited by thinktank on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:51 pm

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7Wh0/truec ... arge-6.jpg
Eh that dude is like a 3/10 on my "punch in the face" scale. He has the traits I speak of but they are mostly subdued. No hipster pompadour, his beard isnt screaming for attention, his glasses arent white/red/blue or some other obnoxious color etc.

I had the displeasure of speaking to a guy today who I can most accurately visually describe as a 90lb wyatt earp in skinny jeans.

Round em all up I say!
You have it all wrong my man, that dude is the one you half to look out for, he loves his wolf in sheeps clothing look, easier for him to roofie unsuspecting girls that think he's ok because he's a feminist.

The peacock types are all bluster.

Both should be punched.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

SHAFA wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:54 pm

I thought she was great in Almost Famous. Other than that, yeah.
Hard for me to say, I love that movie in spite of her I guess.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:34 pm
thinktank wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm
NotRasho wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:51 pmI had the displeasure of speaking to a guy today who I can most accurately visually describe as a 90lb wyatt earp in skinny jeans.
It would suck to have little things like this agitate you.

Snowflake’s gonna snowflake.
Quiet, pussy.

Sorry I called out some of your fellow butt plug using effeminates.
I don’t give a shit about who you call out, dumbass.

You’re a wimp for letting “effeminates” get under your skin so easily.

:lol:

PS. This is Wolves chat. ;)
Chuck Norris

Post by Chuck Norris »

Knock it the fuck off you two.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:57 pm That guy and the sweater wearing car salesman fatass for trucar.

This guy looks like a fatter Jeremy Piven.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I can see it. I am starting to want to punch this guys face. Probably is the cardigan.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LordNu wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:34 pm

I can see it. I am starting to want to punch this guys face. Probably is the cardigan.
I rock my party cardi from time to time, but only when in combination with my bright rimmed, no-lense glasses, and an ascot. Of course, even then it’s only during the winter solstice when I’ve finished growing my full, well groomed beard, sip my unpronounceable scotch and watch the Wolves on my vintage Magnacolor television, ridiculing small ball and our endless barrage of wayward 3-point attempts.

There. I brought it full circle back to Wolves chat.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

The dream is almost dead. Not sure how I will handle his retirement.

The Portland Trail Blazers have waived big man Pau Gasol, he said on Wednesday.

Gasol, 39, has been unable to successfully rehab his left foot following surgery.

Gasol and the Blazers are working on details of a coaching role for the future Hall of Famer. Gasol has two championships and six All-Star appearances in his 18 NBA seasons. He is remaining in Portland to rehab.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:39 pm The dream is almost dead. Not sure how I will handle his retirement.

The Portland Trail Blazers have waived big man Pau Gasol, he said on Wednesday.

Gasol, 39, has been unable to successfully rehab his left foot following surgery.

Gasol and the Blazers are working on details of a coaching role for the future Hall of Famer. Gasol has two championships and six All-Star appearances in his 18 NBA seasons. He is remaining in Portland to rehab.
:cry:

Nah, we have to make a last ditch effort to sign the great man!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think we should sign him, if only for one day, so that he can rightfully retire as a Timberwolf.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Anyone interested in Reddick?

If we could get consistent shooters here with Towns, that would be swell.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm Anyone interested in Reddick?

He's available??
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

LordNu wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:06 pm
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm Anyone interested in Reddick?

He's available??
Not sure.

I think the Pelicans are going to have a tough go of it this year, which makes me wonder if they’ll make Reddick available sooner or later.

If they make him available, I would love for us to find a way to bring him here.