Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SKOLMN

Re: *** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

Post by SKOLMN »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 am
SKOLMN wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:30 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 pm
Yuck, do not want. Best case scenario he ends up with a career similar to derozan, worst case (and far more likely imo) he screams Wiggins all over. Amazing potential but not always locked in, defensive lapses, great at driving but questionable outside shooter. Let him be someone else’s problem
What? Just no way. Better shooter and defender than Derozan is today. More "locked in" than Wigs has ever been. Jason Richardson who can shoot and dribble is who he is. That's a star. Of all the terrible fits that our terrible GM will chose from to put a terrible lineup out there he is the least terrible.
He shot sub .300 from 3 last year so I’m not sure where the idea he can shoot is coming from.

Just about any scouting report on Edwards highlights his amazing athletic ability and he’s at his best driving to the paint but also mentions he can lose focus on the defensive end and can get streaky at times. That is a picture perfect summary of Andrew Wiggins. I posted in the Rosas thread that if we can get a pf via free agency/separate trade it will open up the opportunity to gamble with our pick, take a swing for the fences instead of playing it safe. In that scenario I’d be ok gambling on Edwards, but not as our current roster stands.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

If you have a top 3 pick you gamble for the highest upside guy most likely to potentially reach it regardless of the PF you may or may not get in FA. I don’t know if that’s Edwards but I don’t give two shits if Rosas gets a role playing 4, that has nothing to do with the prospect you pick in the top 3.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 pm If you have a top 3 pick you gamble for the highest upside guy most likely to potentially reach it regardless of the PF you may or may not get in FA. I don’t know if that’s Edwards but I don’t give two shits if Rosas gets a role playing 4, that has nothing to do with the prospect you pick in the top 3.
Wiseman!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:47 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 pm If you have a top 3 pick you gamble for the highest upside guy most likely to potentially reach it regardless of the PF you may or may not get in FA. I don’t know if that’s Edwards but I don’t give two shits if Rosas gets a role playing 4, that has nothing to do with the prospect you pick in the top 3.
Wiseman!!
If they think Wiseman is a potential All Star and elite player at his position then yea. I’d be fine with Wiseman.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:52 am
Wiseman!!
If they think Wiseman is a potential All Star and elite player at his position then yea. I’d be fine with Wiseman.
I definitely agree with that, but I just fear that Wiseman is another guy that's always been so much better and stronger than his competition that he has never faced real competition, never felt the need to try on defense, and has never had to develop a real work ethic.

I don't want more players like that on the team.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 am
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 am I don't think DLo realized that #5 is Beasley's number...
Yeah that could be interpreted as kind of a shot at Beas.
Saw the picture in a post so I scrolled back through here to see if anyone else caught that or thought anything weird about that.

Another example of DLO maybe not being the most thoughtful teammate. I’m sure Beasley wasn’t thrilled by the jersey #, or the player. Rosas probably shitting himself and reaching out to Beasley to smooth things over and letting him know he’s “loved”.... :lol:

My gut is that Beasley is in any major trades that happen, Wolves got a trial and the backcourt of DLO and Beasley probably gave Rosas and Saunders a taste of what they want, but they know they still need an upgrade next to DLO.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Dlo is a certified dink. i think he has a plaque in his bedroom.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:30 am
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 am I don't think DLo realized that #5 is Beasley's number...
Saw the picture in a post so I scrolled back through here to see if anyone else caught that or thought anything weird about that.

Another example of DLO maybe not being the most thoughtful teammate. I’m sure Beasley wasn’t thrilled by the jersey #, or the player. Rosas probably shitting himself and reaching out to Beasley to smooth things over and letting him know he’s “loved”.... :lol:

My gut is that Beasley is in any major trades that happen, Wolves got a trial and the backcourt of DLO and Beasley probably gave Rosas and Saunders a taste of what they want, but they know they still need an upgrade next to DLO.

I thought I heard this was not actually DLo...it was fake Snapchat account...?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:22 am

Wiseman!!
I definitely agree with that, but I just fear that Wiseman is another guy that's always been so much better and stronger than his competition that he has never faced real competition, never felt the need to try on defense, and has never had to develop a real work ethic.

You can tell all that by a handful of games at Memphis?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:50 am

I thought I heard this was not actually DLo...it was fake Snapchat account...?
FAKE NEWS!! :lol:

Looks like a Wolves site posted it, and I saw it here. I’m going by what was posted here, not in the mood to try and vet it. Have no idea why someone would make a fake post like this, I can’t believe someone would find it interesting to stir shit on the Wolves right now. :shrug:

If it’s fake...good. If not...not really surprising.

Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:39 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:22 am

You can tell all that by a handful of games at Memphis?
Of course not, but just a hunch. There's lots of kids like that coming into the league though, so it's not necessarily a specific attack on him though. You can say the same thing about Towns when he was coming into the league and even though he's a great individual player, he still leaves a lot to be desired defensively and we still haven't gotten better as a team with him as our franchise after 6 years in the league.

I said I agree that he should be taken if they think they can be an ELITE player at his position, but part of getting to that point in the NBA mandates strong coaching (not sure we have) and strong peer leadership (we don't have) in addition to what the individual brings from a physical and mental standpoint, and I do think Wiseman walking away from his team mid season after he fucked up doesn't help to show his mental commitment to being truly great.

If perhaps we had stronger leadership from both coaches and star players I would feel better, especially if they knew how to ensure he could fit best next to Towns since on paper right now it doesn't appear that they do, then I'd be more on board. I fully admit they know more than I do so if they're confident they can make it work than I'll support it, but considering we already have two cornerstones as well as a pretty nice additional player in Beasley, I think fit is really important right now short of a cant miss generational talent, and I don't think that's Wiseman.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if the deal from dlo about edwards wasn't from dlo but rather from a fake acct, i fully retract my statement about the dinkosity thing. my bad. if.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Lets talk about your upside BPA strategy in 20 years. That's me 20 years ago.

And you really need another 20 to figure this out? The higher you pick the MORE IMPORTANT fit and sure thing floor are. MORE IMPORTANT! How can Wolves fans not know this?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:52 pm

And you really need another 20 to figure this out? The higher you pick the MORE IMPORTANT fit and sure thing floor are. MORE IMPORTANT! How can Wolves fans not know this?
Cool. I disagree.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Cool. I disagree.
You must love this team then. Remember that one time we got Kevin Garnett? That was a great.........ONE TIME wasn't it. Remember that ONE TIME we got out of the 1st round? Or that ONE TIME in the last 15 years we made the playoffs?

Building a team is for suckers. All we really need is to shoot the moon for upside regardless of position and be right about that BPA just ONE TIME.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:06 am
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Cool. I disagree.
You must love this team then. Remember that one time we got Kevin Garnett? That was a great.........ONE TIME wasn't it. Remember that ONE TIME we got out of the 1st round? Or that ONE TIME in the last 15 years we made the playoffs?

Building a team is for suckers. All we really need is to shoot the moon for upside regardless of position and be right about that BPA just ONE TIME.
Well when you continually pick the wrong players isn’t that the problem rather than upside vs safety/sure thing? I mean we’re basically agreeing that this team sucks at drafting, we’re just disagreeing on personal draft strategy.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:26 pm if the deal from dlo about edwards wasn't from dlo but rather from a fake acct, i fully retract my statement about the dinkosity thing. my bad. if.
Nah if a guy can't handle a teammate making a post about a player that wears the same jersey number as he does I don't want that player on our team. That's some baby shit soft stuff if you ask me.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:11 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:26 pm if the deal from dlo about edwards wasn't from dlo but rather from a fake acct, i fully retract my statement about the dinkosity thing. my bad. if.
Nah if a guy can't handle a teammate making a post about a player that wears the same jersey number as he does I don't want that player on our team. That's some baby shit soft stuff if you ask me.
I don't see anywhere where Beasley responded that he felt a slight. I think it was media/fans trying to manufacture something.
Too much free time since no games going on.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:53 am
looked like a perfectly placed lob to me. big missed his ESPN moment.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Already pushing Beasley out so they can start their boy band smh.

Welcome to 45 wins, GENTLEMEN.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

If the Sixers fall on their face in the playoffs and are ready to part ways with the Embiid-Simmons pairing, using our pick, what could we offer to get Simmons?
bri

Post by bri »

witljon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 pm If the Sixers fall on their face in the playoffs and are ready to part ways with the Embiid-Simmons pairing, using our pick, what could we offer to get Simmons?
This years pick, 2023 unprotected, and anyone besides Towns
witljon

Post by witljon »

bri wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:39 pm
witljon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 pm If the Sixers fall on their face in the playoffs and are ready to part ways with the Embiid-Simmons pairing, using our pick, what could we offer to get Simmons?
Field goal shooting, 3 point shooting, and free throw shooting won't hurt his trade value much?
Domejandro

Post by Domejandro »

witljon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:29 pm
bri wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:39 pm
Field goal shooting, 3 point shooting, and free throw shooting won't hurt his trade value much?
Not at all, in my opinion.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Much rather get Simmons than Booger.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 pm
When it started I had no idea who I was supposed to be following - didn’t know the player and don’t speak German - but my eyes were immediately drawn to the pressure from #3.

I’m intrigued.