Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: *** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm
Why Boston? Don't they have like the 18th pick?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

swenjj wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:32 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:01 pm
swenjj wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:52 pm Maybe Orlando passes them and we get pick 15.. and ice grows in hell and we get pick 1
And of all years to get the no.1 pick, where we have had a lack of evaluation and scouting... Your Minnesota Timberwolves everyone!

All aboard the Booker train....... AKA All-in, throw the dice.
Plus in a year that the number one isn't anything special..maybe easier to trade because the team would get who they want,but the top is pretty flat.
This is dragging so long lol.i wish they would at least do the lottery ,but gotta settle in the rest of the lotto in the bubble
Too right, it should all be over by now and we should be focussing on the next season. Fuck this shit.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm
He won't with Cle, they don't want to draft a G.

Will with the idiot because he thinks we need another G........................to play the 4.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

cbs latest mock has us trading up with GSW to select edwards overall number one - and then doubling down backcourtwise by going hampton with our other first rounder. this would make my brain hurt.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 pm cbs latest mock has us trading up with GSW to select edwards overall number one - and then doubling down backcourtwise by going hampton with our other first rounder. this would make my brain hurt.
Who's their analyst, Kahn?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 am what about

OKORO?
Okogie Plus. Very similar skill sets.

Okoro is more athletic. Okokie is smaller (6-4 vs 6-6) but has a 2"-3" wing span advantage.
No way. Just way off. Not similar skill sets at all. Okogie played PG in college. He dribbled more times in 3 possessions than Okoro dribbled all year. And they are the exact same athlete. Okoro just taller longer and stronger.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 pm cbs latest mock has us trading up with GSW to select edwards overall number one - and then doubling down backcourtwise by going hampton with our other first rounder. this would make my brain hurt.
They appear to either not know our roster at all or have a great handle on the level of retardation of our idiot leader.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 pm thrill, i'll be alright if we draft toppin - but just a reminder that, from what i've seen, you and you alone are the only person who thinks he's going to be a good - or even passable - defender in the nba. prove me wrong. cite some other expert/pundit/mock/scout/bbmind/whoever who likes toppin's defensive game. i think it's absolutely a legit concern for a team who 1) needs to find a PF and 2) ranked 28th in D last year.

i made this trade proposal earlier - but if we could swap our 2 or 3 with the suns for their 10 AND mikal bridges, i would do that in a heartbeat. then take precious at 10. KAT sandwiched between bridges and achiuwa IMO would be a huge improvement for our D.
I'll say his again not for you who actually pays attention to what counts but for the rubes who fall for everything. Why is this tweet there? A basketball genius showing us the way? Nope. Shill for an agent of another player or a team drafting after the top 5 that wants him to be there. Which of those plays shows he is unwilling or incapable of playing D? None of them. Cherry picked plays from the whole season and none show that. :lol: They played 31 games. Were there 31 plays on that tape? :lol: Where were his 38 blocks? :lol: Where were his 30 steals? :lol:

Morons. :lol:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:42 am
They appear to either not know our roster at all or have a great handle on the level of retardation of our idiot leader.
I saw that mock it was click-bait. They didn't even say what would be traded to do the moves. It is just a random jumble.
Corre Ricky Corre

My dream scenario is Deni and Archuiwa.

Roll into next year with:

DLo/McLaughlin
Beasley/Okogie
Laymen/Culver
Deni/Jauncho/JJ/Archuiwa
Towns/Naz

Young but solid roster with a lot of potential. Plus it gives time for Archuiwa to develop.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 pm thrill, i'll be alright if we draft toppin - but just a reminder that, from what i've seen, you and you alone are the only person who thinks he's going to be a good - or even passable - defender in the nba. prove me wrong. cite some other expert/pundit/mock/scout/bbmind/whoever who likes toppin's defensive game. i think it's absolutely a legit concern for a team who 1) needs to find a PF and 2) ranked 28th in D last year.

i made this trade proposal earlier - but if we could swap our 2 or 3 with the suns for their 10 AND mikal bridges, i would do that in a heartbeat. then take precious at 10. KAT sandwiched between bridges and achiuwa IMO would be a huge improvement for our D.
I'll say his again not for you who actually pays attention to what counts but for the rubes who fall for everything. Why is this tweet there? A basketball genius showing us the way? Nope. Shill for an agent of another player or a team drafting after the top 5 that wants him to be there. Which of those plays shows he is unwilling or incapable of playing D? None of them. Cherry picked plays from the whole season and none show that. :lol: They played 31 games. Were there 31 plays on that tape? :lol: Where were his 38 blocks? :lol: Where were his 30 steals? :lol:

i'm not talking about cherry picked vids. i'm talking about college bb analysts who as far as i know all say that toppin's D is a negative. who agrees with you on your assessment about his D? feels a little bit like you're the only guy out on an island. i'm sure these analysts don't have anything against toppin - just calling it as they see it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:40 am
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:29 am what about

OKORO?

Okoro is more athletic. Okokie is smaller (6-4 vs 6-6) but has a 2"-3" wing span advantage.
No way. Just way off. Not similar skill sets at all. Okogie played PG in college. He dribbled more times in 3 possessions than Okoro dribbled all year. And they are the exact same athlete. Okoro just taller longer and stronger.
REALLY? I mean REALLY?

This is wrong.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:53 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:40 am

REALLY? I mean REALLY?

This is wrong.
:lol: Do you know who Okogie is?

Go watch youtube on him in college.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:16 pm

i'm not talking about cherry picked vids. i'm talking about college bb analysts who as far as i know all say that toppin's D is a negative. who agrees with you on your assessment about his D? feels a little bit like you're the only guy out on an island. i'm sure these analysts don't have anything against toppin - just calling it as they see it.
"College basketball analysts" just decide to make vids of 10 plays to prove he's bad on D? Is that what you really think? Again, where are the 31 steals and 38 blocks in those vids?
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

As of now, assuming we resign Juancho and Beas, I will be happy with Vassel, Achiuwa, and Quickley with our three picks.
Corre Ricky Corre

norseman79 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:05 pm As of now, assuming we resign Juancho and Beas, I will be happy with Vassel, Achiuwa, and Quickley with our three picks.
You are picking Vassel top 5?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:56 pm

"College basketball analysts" just decide to make vids of 10 plays to prove he's bad on D? Is that what you really think? Again, where are the 31 steals and 38 blocks in those vids?
i'm not sure if blocks and steals are the overall measure - i know i like them - but you're making it sound like there's some sort of conspiracy out there in the bb analyst world to unjustly denigrate toppin's D. why would they do that? most of the time these guys pump new prospects like they're the second coming of christ. there's another possibility - that maybe they've watched even more "tape" than you have and that's simply their conclusion.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:56 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:56 pm

i'm not sure if blocks and steals are the overall measure - i know i like them - but you're making it sound like there's some sort of conspiracy out there in the bb analyst world to unjustly denigrate toppin's D. why would they do that? most of the time these guys pump new prospects like they're the second coming of christ. there's another possibility - that maybe they've watched even more "tape" than you have and that's simply their conclusion.
I'm wondering, do you think all the Obi can't play D tweets are from basketball experts? Draft guru's? GM's? Or are zero of them those to this point? Are they all reporters being fed what to tweet? Which is true? Are all the tweets about him about his terrible D? Those are the only ones? Or are they the only ones that get posted because those who are against taking him are searching for fodder while those like me don't care and are set on him? Which do you think is true?

Do you really think some knock off reporter is doing his film work on Obi freakin Toppin because that's how he tweets his way to a Pulitzer? Or is he being fed that by his local GM or by an agent with a promise of a future story? Which seems more likely? And unless they all come from the Dayton local reporter there is no way they watched more tape on him that me. Not a chance.
Mr. Brightside

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Saddiq Bey is my man crush for this draft. I think he’s a perfect fit for the roster. Grab him with the Brooklyn pick or trade up back into the lottery to get him. Do whatever it takes.

A draft of Toppin/Deni + Bey would be boner bot worthy for me.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mr. Brightside wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm Saddiq Bey is my man crush for this draft. I think he’s a perfect fit for the roster. Grab him with the Brooklyn pick or trade up back into the lottery to get him. Do whatever it takes.

A draft of Toppin/Deni + Bey would be boner bot worthy for me.
I've been on the Bey train for months. He makes a lot of sense for our roster. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be available with our Brooklyn pick.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Here's a newly posted (July 1) NBCSports analysis on Obi that talks about his defensive shortcomings and likely NBA role in a little more detail than others I've read. It's pretty good - I recommend reading it.https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com ... bi-toppin/
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I’ve been watching a lot of Paul Reed video on YouTube and I think he might be my favorite defensive big in the draft. Great feet, rim protector, and definitely limited offensively. Not a pick with our own pick but he’s intriguing with the Brooklyn pick because I think he’s an ideal fit next to KAT. I’m way behind on draft stuff this year but I like Reed.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:46 pm I’ve been watching a lot of Paul Reed video on YouTube and I think he might be my favorite defensive big in the draft. Great feet, rim protector, and definitely limited offensively. Not a pick with our own pick but he’s intriguing with the Brooklyn pick because I think he’s an ideal fit next to KAT. I’m way behind on draft stuff this year but I like Reed.
if achiuwa's gone and we haven't addressed PF, i could definitely go for that. didn't realize he was so long plus his calling card is D.
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Are they really gonna make another bubble for the 8 teams that aren't in it ? All 8 are just gonna tank. It will be bad .. though we will try ..and go from pick one to pick 8 I'm sure

NBA channel mentioned it
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Unless all odds are locked in..this isnt a season. Almost an exhibition to get the tv money
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:12 pm
norseman79 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:05 pm As of now, assuming we resign Juancho and Beas, I will be happy with Vassel, Achiuwa, and Quickley with our three picks.
You are picking Vassel top 5?
Obviously pending workouts and combine stuff, would prefer to trade down, but if he checks out physically at 6'7+ and his wingspan is 7' as reported in some draft sites, with his shooting ability and defense, yes I would. There really isn't a can't miss in top 5, so if a good trade down isn't there, yeah I take him.
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 pm
I like Winston. Don't care that he is small. Damn good player.

Solid option for us at the top of r2.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:01 pm
Loved him in college.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”