Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: *** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

Post by Beef Supreme »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:58 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm
The moron clown traded a hometown boy and kick ass big man prospect who blocks shots like a freak and shoots 3's like a G for NOTHING! Because don't tell me height is important! Mommy says it's not. I mean my wife says it's not.
That pick was traded long before it was on the clock and Oturo was selected.
And that's a problem. We shouldn't be trading picks during the draft before the pick unless the return is a no brainer difference maker.

Good franchises dont see late firsts and seconds as throw away picks.
Well, if they think Bolmaro is a big deal and wouldn’t have lasted to 25, then they were smart. If they’re wrong about Bolmaro, they were stupid. That’s what it comes down to.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
j2j

Post by j2j »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:37 pm

And that's a problem. We shouldn't be trading picks during the draft before the pick unless the return is a no brainer difference maker.

Well, if they think Bolmaro is a big deal and wouldn’t have lasted to 25, then they were smart. If they’re wrong about Bolmaro, they were stupid. That’s what it comes down to.
Mind blowing stuff there.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:38 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:37 pm

Mind blowing stuff there.
I know. Pretty obvious, right?

- Isaac Asimov
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm
The moron clown traded a hometown boy and kick ass big man prospect who blocks shots like a freak and shoots 3's like a G for NOTHING! Because don't tell me height is important! Mommy says it's not. I mean my wife says it's not.

If it helped them up the MLE amount while stashing a player closer to his peak years, I'm okay with it. It's still a risk.

I'm afraid Xavier Tillman might be the guy they missed out on by making the trade. He looks like a nice compliment to this squad in a couple years. Then again, he could be a 12th man and out of the league in a few years. :shrug:
Ketchup can be nuancy
j2j

Post by j2j »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 pm

If it helped them up the MLE amount while stashing a player closer to his peak years, I'm okay with it. It's still a risk.

I'm afraid Xavier Tillman might be the guy they missed out on by making the trade. He looks like a nice compliment to this squad in a couple years. Then again, he could be a 12th man and out of the league in a few years. :shrug:
IMO, if I'm allowed to have one of those... ;-) The MLE angle is the only justification for trading the 33. Which they could have just traded for multiple future 2nds, or drafted a stash guy there.

Everyone likes to point out how we're not a free agency destination all the while they're ok with pissing away draft picks and assets.

Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I heard the Celtics were pretty high on Bolmaro too, so perhaps they were also trying to trade up to 23 to get him. If that's the case and we too were really high on him (whether any of us agree with it or not) then I would absolutely trade Pick 33 to go up and get our guy.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pm
Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:50 pm

IMO, if I'm allowed to have one of those... ;-) The MLE angle is the only justification for trading the 33. Which they could have just traded for multiple future 2nds, or drafted a stash guy there.

Everyone likes to point out how we're not a free agency destination all the while they're ok with pissing away draft picks and assets.
this. you take care of your biggest need first. when you've got the aces in your hand. we still don't have a starting PF - and now we are beholden upon some talent to "choose" us. when the hell has that ever happened in our sordid history. this team needs to be built on the draft, not in free agency.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Looks like Vanderbilt needs a new number...
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:41 pm Looks like Vanderbilt needs a new number...
He's switching to 8 according to Jonny K.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

It's a joke that kid Sanders is still coaching this thing.

He will be the WC "Whipping boy" this year.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:49 pm It's a joke that kid Sanders is still coaching this thing.

Rosas brought back his best friend too. Surprised he didn't complete the country club and draft Tre. Though I'd have actually been ok with that.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm I heard the Celtics were pretty high on Bolmaro too, so perhaps they were also trying to trade up to 23 to get him. If that's the case and we too were really high on him (whether any of us agree with it or not) then I would absolutely trade Pick 33 to go up and get our guy.
Exactly. The philosophy is sound.

You just have to be right about Bolmaro.

- Isaac Asimov
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:49 pm It's a joke that kid Sanders is still coaching this thing.

Yeah I think Ryan Saunders as coach being a bad idea is one thing most of us probably agree on.

Up until now it hasn't mattered much.

It's probably going to matter this year.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

confused here. did we pick up lessort or did we not? i've seen blurbs now saying he's coming here - and others saying he's off to NYC.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:01 am confused here. did we pick up lessort or did we not? i've seen blurbs now saying he's coming here - and others saying he's off to NYC.
Pretty sure he's going to NY. That's how the Clippers got Oturu.

thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:34 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 am

I would be SHOCKED if he got 15 mil on anything other than a one year deal. He is down the list of players who are FAs and only 5 teams have anything substantial. By the time these teams pay real money I don't think there will be 15 mil left for him. He is going to get slightly above the MLE is my guess, some team that has that space left after the buying period. Mathematically, MN could be one of those teams. Not that I am saying it is going to happen.
NY is taking a PG in the draft and they need a wing to put next to Barrett, I'd bet my house they are going after Grant, if they just gave Bobby Portis 2 for 30, I have no doubt that Grant gets that with ease, he's better and younger, fits with Mitch and RJ. 3yr, 45 million will be his asking price, and I'm going to bet he gets it. That's why S&T for him would be great (despite it not being possible) I like what JJ brings, but he's most likely not here after next season, probably not even the deadline. If we landed Grant, and then drafted my choice at PF, we upgraded shooting and defense. A real rim protector with a guy that can guard the best wing opponent. That would be a dream offseason, and I think we're a playoff team with those additions.
There are also rumors they might go after Paul. Either way, Grant is not going to get 15 mil on a long-term deal, the few teams who have space will spend it on other players, then the Grant's of the world come into play. Which would be likely slightly higher than the MLE.

Grant is likely outside the top 10 FAs and maybe closer to 15 or so, meaning money is going to dry up some before it gets to him.
Wrong again, So Money.

Grant = 3/60.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:06 am
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:34 pm

NY is taking a PG in the draft and they need a wing to put next to Barrett, I'd bet my house they are going after Grant, if they just gave Bobby Portis 2 for 30, I have no doubt that Grant gets that with ease, he's better and younger, fits with Mitch and RJ. 3yr, 45 million will be his asking price, and I'm going to bet he gets it. That's why S&T for him would be great (despite it not being possible) I like what JJ brings, but he's most likely not here after next season, probably not even the deadline. If we landed Grant, and then drafted my choice at PF, we upgraded shooting and defense. A real rim protector with a guy that can guard the best wing opponent. That would be a dream offseason, and I think we're a playoff team with those additions.
There are also rumors they might go after Paul. Either way, Grant is not going to get 15 mil on a long-term deal, the few teams who have space will spend it on other players, then the Grant's of the world come into play. Which would be likely slightly higher than the MLE.

Grant is likely outside the top 10 FAs and maybe closer to 15 or so, meaning money is going to dry up some before it gets to him.
Wrong again, So Money.

Grant = 3/60.
You must really have nothing to do if you are looking up my posts from March 12th. Are you Grant's dad or something? Sure, I was wrong, I was also wrong about Beasley post problems. I am wrong all the time when it comes to my opinion especially when it comes to what teams are willing to pay because I wouldn't often overpay. You act like that is a big deal. Several extra teams cleared space the market became more competitive, Grant had a nice run in the playoffs and I underestimated his rank in this class. BFD. Get a life.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 am

Wrong again, So Money.

Grant = 3/60.
You must really have nothing to do if you are looking up my posts from March 12th. Are you Grant's dad or something? Sure, I was wrong, I was also wrong about Beasley post problems. I am wrong all the time when it comes to my opinion especially when it comes to what teams are willing to pay because I wouldn't often overpay. You act like that is a big deal. Several extra teams cleared space the market became more competitive, Grant had a nice run in the playoffs and I underestimated his rank in this class. BFD. Get a life.
It’s just funny to me because your tone on this forum is that you’re always right.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:33 am

Wrong again, So Money.

Grant = 3/60.
It’s just funny to me because your tone on this forum is that you’re always right.
If you read you shouldn't always come away with that being I often use qualifiers such as likely, probably, I think, I believe ect... These are kind of a big tip off I am not claiming to be right, no exceptions, I am just offering my opinion. Just saying.

I think you are confusing me being willing to stand on an island and not caving to groupthink where I stick to my convictions as always thinking I am right, because it stands out more than always going along with the group. I am not a poster that often posts a ton on posts I agree with.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 am

If you read you shouldn't always come away with that being I often use qualifiers such as likely, probably, I think, I believe ect... These are kind of a big tip off I am not claiming to be right, no exceptions, I am just offering my opinion. Just saying.
I’m saying you need to come down from your tower.

You’re not a great money mind, period.

“Slightly higher than the MLE,” you said.

He got 3/60!

:lol:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 am
SO_MONEY wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 am

I’m saying you need to come down from your tower.

You’re not a great money mind, period.

“Slightly higher than the MLE,” you said.

He got 3/60!

And I could take time out of my day to say the same about you but I don't, because I don't care. To that I have nothing more to add.
Last edited by SO_MONEY on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Dan33185 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 am Image
Nah. I am done they can talk at a wall.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

It seems to me that every year as a fan and being on this board, nobody here ever gets it right. Well the Wolves can get so and so for these players, and the Wolves should be able to sign so and so for this much and no more......

It’s always wrong and usually not even close. Some are great at understanding the Cap and the rules and restrictions, but nobody ever gets the part right about free agency signing money and the trade values of players.

It’s not even worth ripping one person specifically, because everyone here is so damn bad at it (me included).

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:45 am It seems to me that every year as a fan and being on this board, nobody here ever gets it right. Well the Wolves can get so and so for these players, and the Wolves should be able to sign so and so for this much and no more......

It’s always wrong and usually not even close. Some are great at understand the Cap and the rules and restrictions, but nobody ever gets the part right about free agency signing money and the trade values of players.

It’s not even worth ripping one person specifically, because everyone here is so damn bad at it (me included).

I agree with that Joda, which is why some posters can stand to tone down the superiority during discussion.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:45 am It seems to me that every year as a fan and being on this board, nobody here ever gets it right. Well the Wolves can get so and so for these players, and the Wolves should be able to sign so and so for this much and no more......

It’s always wrong and usually not even close. Some are great at understanding the Cap and the rules and restrictions, but nobody ever gets the part right about free agency signing money and the trade values of players.

Yea almost like it's a fucking team message board and not the league meetings. :roll:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:51 am

It’s always wrong and usually not even close. Some are great at understand the Cap and the rules and restrictions, but nobody ever gets the part right about free agency signing money and the trade values of players.

I agree with that Joda, which is why some posters can stand to tone down the superiority during discussion.
:shock:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 am
thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:51 am

:shock: