Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: *** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

Post by Thrillkill »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:20 pm

I don't think he can move that well to guard NBA PF's....Okongwu can, Wiseman IMO, cannot. KAT and Wiseman are both fives....Wiseman is just more of a rim protector, but I just don't see either staying with NBA power forwards. I mean, we're clearly going to try small ball, so I'm not opposed to rocking the retro twin towers look, but a lot of people said that they couldn't play together, in what is a smaller and faster league than in the past. The Timberwolves brass clearly agreed with that perceived idea of many.
But none of the guys we have now can play together either.

I'd have loved a trade down to grab OO and another asset.
I'm confident that if there was a decent actual offer, we would have taken it. I do believe the reports and the pundits, there was no guy that was can't miss, Zion like, in this draft. I don't think Ball has the star power people are talking, but a lot do. I don't think Wiseman has a massive impact in a very guard driven league, but like I said, if he's AD, he's an amazing pick. And our guy, again, compared to Wade, touted by Wade...what can ya do? We very much agree...Okongwu would have been amazing, but I have to think if a moveback was offered, we would have taken it. Unless we get leaks from other teams, we'll never know.

As for our guys playing together, we're clearly moving people tomorrow/this weekend. Even bringing back Juancho at PF or not, we've got too many bodies, and we're heavy on guards and wings, so I'm not judging the fit fully just yet. Having said that, Ricky has already noted he'd be fine coming off the bench. We don't know what's happening with Beas, but if Edwards is as NBA ready as his body looks, Beas could easily fetch a fringe starting PF to help round out this roster and even things out. Considering how trade happy we are....we either loved Edwards the most or we didn't get an offer to move back, or both. But we're still just missing a starting PF from being a respectable team, IMO. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think a healthy KAT and Dlo combo is going to be really deadly.
Bull shit. You damn well know there were a lot of legit offers and they weren't HUGE enough for the little shit to claim how much smarter he is and it makes up for last year and size doesn't matter. He took Edwards because he can sell him as what he is. a freak that is hard to pass on. What he doesn't tell you is taking him just made us pass on the return for RoCo as Beas who was a god send and a great find is now gone. Obi went fucking 8th. OO went fucking 6th. He is suck an idiot he can't get a return from teams that let that happen?

And the trade he did find? A fucking mean ass 4 with an expiring big contract for a fucking PG with 2 big years left? FUCK. He is fucking re-tarded. He pissed away Beasley. Now looks like he'll piss away JMac. He pissed away any chance to address the 4 because he pissed away our cap flexibility. And we are no better, no closer to knowing who we are, no closer to filling out the roster. But he's fooled the old fuck Taylor for another year with his process bullshit. 2 max players and we are paying backup PG's 17 mil but we are at square 1. Yep.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I don't know there were legit offers.... but feel free to post them when you get the sources. Again, Rosas has dealed over and over since getting here...if you're telling me he had a legit offer, I'm telling you....that offer didn't equal the 1st pick or they loved Edwards.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

rosas said there were lots of offers. he emphasized that and then said they took edwards because they just liked him so much as a player. so stick him to that. i'll assume there were offers from some teams up to the spot OO got picked and also to where toppin went. instead of taking what he could get and then selecting one of those two to fill our largest gaping need - he went with edwards. so stick him to that. two drafts and he hasn't addressed the power forward position, he hasn't addressed defense, he hasn't addressed shooting, and he hasn't addressed the need to get better now because KAT's getting itchy. number one pick and two more in the top 33 - and we come out of it graded worse than all but three other teams in the league. you have to work hard to be that sucky.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 pm I don't know there were legit offers.... but feel free to post them when you get the sources. Again, Rosas has dealed over and over since getting here...if you're telling me he had a legit offer, I'm telling you....that offer didn't equal the 1st pick or they loved Edwards.
Bullshit. As I said to anyone who could understand since the lotto it does not take Lebron plus 2 future Lebrons to move down 2 spots in a draft that's flat. I also predicted that he would fail to do so 100 times because he can't put that on a blinking sign to distract from his last year;s failure and his tiny needle dick. And that is just what happened. He couldn't take the chance someone said he didn't get enough. And gee whiz guess how I knew. Because he makes every single move with two things in mind. Servicing his ego and protecting his ass. If you can't see it then I feel for you. Maybe try to stop making things true and just pay attention. Like to the quotes from other GM's saying he was frozen because he was embarrassed from last year's fuck up?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm rosas said there were lots of offers. he emphasized that and then said they took edwards because they just liked him so much as a player. so stick him to that. i'll assume there were offers from some teams up to the spot OO got picked and also to where toppin went. instead of taking what he could get and then selecting one of those two to fill our largest gaping need - he went with edwards. so stick him to that. two drafts and he hasn't addressed the power forward position, he hasn't addressed defense, he hasn't addressed shooting, and he hasn't addressed the need to get better now because KAT's getting itchy. number one pick and two more in the top 33 - and we come out of it graded worse than all but three other teams in the league. you have to work hard to be that sucky.
This is all a process. You can't judge him until he eventually gets lucky or something. 2-10 years or so. If we could just have at least 2 more drafts to get some guards in here. Then maybe 2 FA guards.......and 2 more. and then trade some 4's for guards. Oh don't have any 4's? Umm....Layman and Kelan Martin are 4's. Remember when Towns got hurt and Kelan Martin started at the 4? We didn't call up Vandy or Spellman. Nope. Kelan Martin PF. Yep.

Suck another dick and choke on it you idiot. Fuck off. Don't wear a ask.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:35 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm rosas said there were lots of offers. he emphasized that and then said they took edwards because they just liked him so much as a player. so stick him to that. i'll assume there were offers from some teams up to the spot OO got picked and also to where toppin went. instead of taking what he could get and then selecting one of those two to fill our largest gaping need - he went with edwards. so stick him to that. two drafts and he hasn't addressed the power forward position, he hasn't addressed defense, he hasn't addressed shooting, and he hasn't addressed the need to get better now because KAT's getting itchy. number one pick and two more in the top 33 - and we come out of it graded worse than all but three other teams in the league. you have to work hard to be that sucky.
This is all a process. You can't judge him until he eventually gets lucky or something. 2-10 years or so. If we could just have at least 2 more drafts to get some guards in here. Then maybe 2 FA guards.......and 2 more. and then trade some 4's for guards. Oh don't have any 4's? Umm....Layman and Kelan Martin are 4's. Remember when Towns got hurt and Kelan Martin started at the 4? We didn't call up Vandy or Spellman. Nope. Kelan Martin PF. Yep.

bri

Post by bri »

.. god i hate the way the nba announces deals
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Come on, TK... how many fucking warnings do i need to give you?!
Alright. Had to give me a couple hours. Been defecated on by this team all my life. Then take more from 2/3 of the .......................rubes here who come looking for me because they don't like facts. Don't know if you hang out anywhere you run into Trump lovers but every now and again you just have to flash the anger and call them morons.

Kelan Martin PF. Had to get off one more offensive statement.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

bri wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 pm

I thought we gave up the 33rd pick when we moved up to 23......
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

You gonna be ok bro?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 am

I don't even know what is going on anymore. Maybe they meant the Knicks
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Come on, TK... how many fucking warnings do i need to give you?!
Alright. Had to give me a couple hours. Been defecated on by this team all my life. Then take more from 2/3 of the .......................rubes here who come looking for me because they don't like facts. Don't know if you hang out anywhere you run into Trump lovers but every now and again you just have to flash the anger and call them morons.

Kelan Martin PF. Had to get off one more offensive statement.
Take a few deep breaths, man. You're gonna die at an early age if you keep getting worked up over shit like this.
The way you explode on people is no better then Trumpers acting a fool. Get a grip on your emotions ffs. The fact that you admit you have to get offensive is sad. Not you Abe.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Woah, even my meltdown was THAT bad.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:26 am Woah, even my meltdown was THAT bad.
Isn’t he the guy who calls players he doesn’t like “fags?”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:10 am

Wait, what? How did all of that happen?
Let's get Tropical
swenjj

Post by swenjj »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:11 am
Yeah he's obsessed with dick sucking and Trump..kind of strange to talk about either subject in an NBA forum but it's an obsession

He's over the top about everything..can't decide if it's a bad bit or some 70 year old bitter grumpy dude living in a basement somewhere that hates life
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I remember the Lessort name going into that draft. Was supposed to be one of the better Intl prospects that year but fell because not sure when he'd come over.
The article said he averaged 23 points and 13 rebounds in the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

No idea if/when he'd come over still, but I do remember he was supposed to be alright.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am I remember the Lessort name going into that draft. Was supposed to be one of the better Intl prospects that year but fell because not sure when he'd come over.
The article said he averaged 23 points and 13 rebounds in the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

No idea if/when he'd come over still, but I do remember he was supposed to be alright.
Dude reminds me a lot of Montrezl Harrell. Can't shoot a lick but can really finish and block some shots. High energy dude to say the least.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am I remember the Lessort name going into that draft. Was supposed to be one of the better Intl prospects that year but fell because not sure when he'd come over.

The article said he totaled 23 points and 13 rebounds in 6 games.
He's Andres Gilbert. Maybe.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm

damn, looks like you're right.
boy, do I look like a horse's ass.

I do remember him though from 2017, but yeah it's such a crapshoot with Intl guys.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:21 pm
Ask Not wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm

damn, looks like you're right.
boy, do I look like a horse's ass.

I do remember him though from 2017, but yeah it's such a crapshoot with Intl guys.
It makes you wonder why he was included. Is it some accounting/tax/insurance consideration for the organization?
Ketchup can be nuancy
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Is that dude 16 or 17? Doesn't seem to have much of a resume, unless he's still really young?
Let's get Tropical
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The moron clown traded a hometown boy and kick ass big man prospect who blocks shots like a freak and shoots 3's like a G for NOTHING! Because don't tell me height is important! Mommy says it's not. I mean my wife says it's not.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I called you a little girl I bet.

I know I laughed out loud at you because you love the idiot. He proved you love right again. This draft is a fraud on America! I bet you think.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

The moron clown traded a hometown boy and kick ass big man prospect who blocks shots like a freak and shoots 3's like a G for NOTHING! Because don't tell me height is important! Mommy says it's not. I mean my wife says it's not.
That pick was traded long before it was on the clock and Oturo was selected.
Let's get Tropical
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This reminds me so much of Kahn. Constantly changing pieces for the sake of making a move.

This roster is bottom feeder right now.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:53 pm
I called you a little girl I bet.

I know I laughed out loud at you because you love the idiot. He proved you love right again. This draft is a fraud on America! I bet you think.
I think there’s something wrong with you.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Thrill just needs a forced vacation from this place.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:58 pm

And that's a problem. We shouldn't be trading picks during the draft before the pick unless the return is a no brainer difference maker.

Good franchises dont see late firsts and seconds as throw away picks.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:58 pm
And that's a problem. We shouldn't be trading picks during the draft before the pick unless the return is a no brainer difference maker.

Good franchises dont see late firsts and seconds as throw away picks.
This.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master