Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: *** Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread ***

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:31 am Lol thrill your post make me laugh dude lmao
Ever been in the bar and you make an over the top joke about one of your friends that;s not there? Then they come in and do the exact thing you joked about? You laugh your ass off.

Remember all the over the top shit I said about the idiot? It has all come true. And it ain't funny at all.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:31 am Lol thrill your post make me laugh dude lmao
Ever been in the bar and you make an over the top joke about one of your friends that;s not there? Then they come in and do the exact thing you joked about? You laugh your ass off.

Remember all the over the top shit I said about the idiot? It has all come true. And it ain't funny at all.
i hope you aren't implying that you and the gerss are friends. and if so, how's about trying to influence the bugger?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am

i hope you aren't implying that you and the gerss are friends. and if so, how's about trying to influence the bugger?
He would rather see this team dead than live another day run by this idiot. He'd wait until his team was in the ground then He'd go after the rest of the FO. Kill their wives, kill their kids, Kill their parents and their parents friends. Burn down the houses they live in, stores they work in. He'd kill people who owe them money.

And like that........................he's a Bucks fan.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:56 am
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

gersson soze or keyser unfadeable?
Are you kidding. Maybe Fenster Rosas
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 pm
Sweet!

Rooting for him to land somewhere. The NBA needs more Minnesotan's!
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

I'll always be a huge fan of McKinley Wright. Great player, but an even better dude.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i can see him sticking in the league on the fringes for some years whether or not he gets drafted - sort of an isaiah canaan kind of career. good scorer, powerfully built, works hard - but undersized.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think it's SBNation has a new mock. got toppin going #2. whoa. has us taking wiseman at 4 and maxey at 16.

and to that i say bah.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Maxey is gross and Wiseman would never happen. But they need their clickbait right now
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

j2j wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:15 pm Maxey is gross and Wiseman would never happen. But they need their clickbait right now
yeah, it does have the feel of every two weeks putting the names of all the usual suspects in a hat and randomly pulling them out.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

I haven't seen this mentioned, but if the draft takes place before the official end of the season (whenever that is), doesn't that imply that no players could be included in draft day trades? Only picks for picks allowed?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:40 am I haven't seen this mentioned, but if the draft takes place before the official end of the season (whenever that is), doesn't that imply that no players could be included in draft day trades? Only picks for picks allowed?
have you seen somewhere that the draft might be held sooner than normal? i haven't heard that.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:25 pm
KATMANDUDE wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:40 am I haven't seen this mentioned, but if the draft takes place before the official end of the season (whenever that is), doesn't that imply that no players could be included in draft day trades? Only picks for picks allowed?
have you seen somewhere that the draft might be held sooner than normal? i haven't heard that.
I've seen several scenarios that have the season extending past the June 25 draft.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:26 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:25 pm
I've seen several scenarios that have the season extending past the June 25 draft.
ah, so. they're leaving the possibility open that the season hasn't been entirely scrapped. i'm dubious about that actually happening - but i can see why they wouldn't want to entirely shut the door on that.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Obi Toppin defense
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

More Toppin Kanter like defense
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i feel like part of KAT's probs defensively are also being top heavy.

best team for toppin to land would be a team with a top notch defensive center. i do think it presents problems if he's paired with towns. that's why i prefer OO.

seriously, think of the impact defensively it would be for our team to go okongwu with our first and okoro with the 16th and then jones with our 33rd. christ. it will never happen, but the impact would be profound. picture this lineup in the last minute of a game trying to protect a six point lead against a team mounting a comeback -

tre jones
jarrett culver
josh okogie
isaac okoro
onyeka okongwu

:shock: NOT business as usual.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 pm i feel like part of KAT's probs defensively are also being top heavy.

best team for toppin to land would be a team with a top notch defensive center. i do think it presents problems if he's paired with towns. that's why i prefer OO.

seriously, think of the impact defensively it would be for our team to go okongwu with our first and okoro with the 16th and then jones with our 33rd. christ. it will never happen, but the impact would be profound. picture this lineup in the last minute of a game trying to protect a six point lead against a team mounting a comeback -

tre jones
jarrett culver
josh okogie
isaac okoro
onyeka okongwu

:shock: NOT business as usual.
the other guy that should be on our radar as a second rounder - if we want a versatile wing defender is tennessee's yves pons. 6-6 215 - ripped - and it would be hard to find a better athlete in all of college basketball. elite. in college, he was tasked with guarding anything that needed to be defended on the opposition - 1 thru 5. exceptional defender - won't go as high as okoro, but just as good defensively. in fact, it was pons and not okoro who was named SEC DPOY last week. okoro's got a lot more going for him in terms of O and passing (although there are definitely questions about okoro's jumper), and that's why he's a potential lottery pick. but at 33, pons could be a great value add to our D.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

okay i'm serious now again after that brief foray into all D madness.

here's my new wish list - it's got a mix of shooters AND D.

just go obi toppin with the first pick. he'll start, he's a beast - yes, there are defensive questions, but all in all, another terrific offensive weapon to confound the opposition with.

with the 16th, i'd maybe do a reach and grab a guy who i think will go much higher than he's been mocked earlier. just get him before another team does. kentucky PG immanuel quickley. good size and length, very good D, always been a very good assist/TO ratio guy, and this year developed into a really good shooter - 42% from three and 92% from the line. i don't think he'd necessarily play ahead of jmac (yet) - but would get PT as a rookie depending on matchups. just won the SEC POY as a soph, but will likely go pro because kentucky has a monster recruiting class coming in. i'd love to have some more size at our PG spot - and at 6-4 with a 6-8 wingspan, quickley's got that.

with our 33rd i'd go yves pons and get that defensive monster combo forward we'd love. he'll never be a great outside shooter - but showed signs of keeping the D honest this year (35% from three) so he's not a cipher in that regard. but he's perhaps both the best athlete and killer defender in all of college ball. he's a zion level athlete - let's get that on our team.

still want to get luka garza. he may go undrafted - which is just weird - but if he gets enough wind that he will go undrafted, he might just return to school for his senior season. but his numbers this year - as a draft possibility - are just destructive. 24 ppg, 10 rpg and 2 bpg on a major school in a major conference. 6-11 255 with a 7-1 wingspan. rumors of his lack of mobility are overstated because he simply works his ass off all the time. if he's on the fence about coming out, maybe knowing that he'd spend some time on our iowa squad will ease the transition from being a hawkeye. if he'd be willing to go pro as a UDFA, get him. and we could definitely use another big body - right now it's just KAT and naz.

so, in other words, we'd be coming out of our offseason college talent grab with the National POY (i'm assuming it'll go to toppin), the SEC POY, the SEC DPOY and the Big Ten POY.

dlo - jmac - quickley
beas - okogie - nowell
culver - layman - pons
toppin - juancho - jj
kat - naz - garza

quickley, nowell, pons, garza, vandy and evans all rotate in and out of iowa for regular PT.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

dp
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Barring a trade I am starting to think even the idiot can not pass on Obi. How could he explain not taking a 4 which we desperately need and one made to "play fast" and hit 3's? Not to mention player of the year? Rosas likes names. Seriously if we don't win the 1st pick who else can he take? Oh right. SF Ball.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

as screwy as this year has been, i think it's possible that rosas will want to take toppin at 3 - but someone else will take him at 1 or 2.

i am totally on the pons bandwagon now though at 33. god, what a beast.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:22 pm as screwy as this year has been, i think it's possible that rosas will want to take toppin at 3 - but someone else will take him at 1 or 2.

Remember the 1st week of the season when I turned you on to him? I said I just gave him the Oladipo treatment. Where every year I love a guy mocked in the 20's or 30's and by draft time he goes before us> Well we were a game above .500 then so we didn't play ourselves out of contention. But he is certainly at this time the best player available college, euro, or alien. It is not on the floor where he get graded down it's on the calendar. He's 22 can he get better or bigger. And slightly for D. Well I have 2 things to say about those. Maybe 10

1st he played one year of high school ball and is at Dayton because he was a 6'5" academic non qualifier. That's why he's so old for a JR. And he has played 3 seasons of high school or above basketball. only 2 of them at 6'9"
And the morons wonder if he's capped as a player and physically? Like he can become Ben Wallace in 2 years after growing 4 inches? Like he's played so much organized ball that he can't improve? Ridiculous. Physically dominated while throwing advanced post moves and 3's like a G. Yeah dude, you only get 2 years. Pretty good for 2 years though right. Maybe he can get one more?

2nd he is exactly what I say about 2-3 guys every year. He is so important to his team as not just a talent but as a threat that they design their D to keep him in the game and tell him not to foul. He still gets steals at a high rate for a big but look at his foul rate. Blocks plus steals on a top team and then look at his foul rate. Add to that that one of his TO's probably every other game min is an offensive foul. Which is another thing he gets dinged for is TO's For as many spectacular lobs they attempt, the fast break crazy shit, It is amazing he doesn't have more ball TO's and 2 offensive fouls a game. And that's his freakish body control for a big.

As I said earlier I am actually now happy we didn't see him in the tourney because then you would have seen balls out effort to win on every play especially 2nd half's when he's got fouls to give. And all that ridiculous shit I just wrote is a dead giveaway that he is Mr. smoke this year. Remember how fast he went from 20's when I told you to top 5 everywhere? Never moved all year. Never below 5 and as high as 2 on a lot. Now half the mocks have him closer to 10 than 1. That's because the smoke is out from teams that love him. Think they don't know how little ball he's played? Think they see the best post game in college as a 2 year post player and say........well....he's capped. Think any basketball people ever got tall fast and took a while to fill out? Crazy! Know how many former stars at all levels work for teams? Think any of them got the hey, save those fouls treatment?

My proof of this is the vid some moron tweeted that someone posted the other day. One play of Obi closing out on a 3 and the guy says scouts think he has bad balance and plays too high and will have trouble guarding the perimeter! :lol: So for starters he is a 4. He won't be playing on the perimeter other than standing in front of a shooter 4. You want to shoot over that long tall 40 inch vert? Or he will be quick switching or running guys off the 3. And if you watch that vid you can see he did exactly what they want him to do . He ran the guy off the 3, didn't foul, and stayed top side because they force things baseline like Thibs used to. You can see the help guy on the baseline get held and everyone else just lost. But somehow one of the freakiest athletes I've ever seen was physically incapable of playing basketball even though e did everything properly.

Smoke and people are buying it. We just have to hope a few things go our way Edwards will go #1 because he's also a freak but a ball in hands more freak. We need a PG needy team to take Ball. Then we need teams with no C or that want D to take Wiseman and OO. Maybe some moron wants Doncic so much they take Avdija. Think all those can happen? No way. And that's to 6. And every one that doesn't is one more guaranteed spot up Toppin goes. I believe odds would have us picking 4th. Could be wrong on that. I would say lower than 5th is too statistically rare to happen. But to me that's still iffy because Wiseman and OO are both C's. Wiseman good enough athlete to play 4 but not good enough basketball player to. OO could with a few C's. If we had a different system and Towns leaned out and passed more would be great, But don't see a lot of other places he's not straight up 5. Atl definitely would have gone defensive big but now would go Toppin to replace Collins, Det would surely take a C over Tppin GS should go big but just might take OBi and try to score 160 a night. That means at 4-5 we might still need to trade up. Or somehow we would either need to win a spot or have the teams fall perfectly. Or have a C hungry team trade up. Luckily we have extra ammo and a cheap owner. Maybe for once his miser nature works for me and he trades the extra money.......I mean pick to get my guy. I'd put the odds he's there when we're on the clock at 50/50. Probably what like 35% we win a spot? at least 90% we're top 5 and then need help or luck. Plus subtract from the odds the idiot and his theory's.

I did allow myself to read into his cocky ass response the the question about not having a 4. He took it as a personal attack against his shit mandate and kind of seemed insulted and flustered and quipped back something like he has nothing against big 4's..................but it has to be the right one. There's no more trading for money. There's no lower money 4;s who are big and shoot out there, There is one. I think his ego let his liking him slip because he couldn't handle being criticized. He has to hint at it just so he can say I told you so later. And if he does it, even if he has to pay to get further up I will never call him the idiot again. I will hate his mandate, and I will hate his kid glove treatment of Towns but I love how he got Beasley and if he gets Obi I will call him even Steven until we figure oyt whether Towns and Russell are winners willing to do what it takes or vid game buddies and former Wolves.

Man I took too long a nap today and can't sleep. So here's a question for tomorrow. The idiot is still in charge but he lets you make this one call. GS picks in front of us at 4 and we are 5. The idiot tells you he wants Obi but won''t take OO. GS calls and says we are taking Obi unless you trade us Towns. Also consider that he and Russell aren't children and the idiot isn't a shit dad. Would you trade Towns for their pick, Paschall, a 1st next year, and a sizable contract or two where both or at least the biggest expire as we'd need a 3rd team to take a contract off GS and send us one. Then take OO and Obi and have a legit defensive rim protector and 2 great shooting bigs. Plus take the chance they have trouble meshing or get injured and that pick is like 20 instead of 30. 1 year later I like that team more even still playing essentially the same system.

Or this. Just came out a few places on yyoutube that Nets plan is not to go the Bos route and add greats to their deep good team. It's to package up for a 3rd superstar. This one would require additional moves since we already have their pick and their guys are young on the rise not stars yet and play spots we have stacked but if we are in position to draft Obi and they offered J. Allen, Dinwiddie, Lavert and a couple 1st (would be low they would think) for Towns Evans and Layman (those 2 for more space) You think about it? Allen a great fit with Obi and Lavert and Dinwiddie give you the option to change course fully and move Russell. Otherwise both bring picks or players or both. This PG heavy draft took a dark turn when, and I never thought I'd write this, Ballbecame the only lotto worthy PG and might be the only legit 1st rounder. Could see a team reall overpay to get Russell in the right circumstance. Probably move Lavert to Det. I like him and always have but they were supoer hot for him before he got hurt. Saw tons of shit they were going to go after him before he re-signed. Just because of money and his foot history. I'll take the return from those 2 after the Towns trade and still have dinwiddie as my super pumped that he's a starter, starter ( Beasley affect) McLaughlin as my tough ass backup with a rook. Allen, Spellman, Johnson and Obi up front can defend, rebound and shoot. Some trade/draft capital spent on a younger version of Johnson. Push some assets into the future but add one big good 3 and D SF and then let Culver, Okogie, 3 and D rook, Vandy, and Spellman fight for time. And that rook PG if we push some assets into the future should be straight boom or bust. Is Howard too small? Is Quickley a 10 game wonder? Can Powell play PG? Can Tre learn to shoot consistently? Can Haggins learn to shoot at all? Do the research and if you think yes take one. Sit him next to Dinwiddie and Mac and if they can't gleen how to get better through straight guts and never say die then try again next year.

You can tell I can't sleep, don't like Towns, and I think Russell will make them both worse can't you. Just hope they flame out hard enough to burn the idiot down too.

Here's another. Always say NBA is a copycat league because most are cheap or stupid. We are both. GM's came up with this thing where they tell their owner there is only one way to win , maybe 3 teams who can, and we don't have it so we need a 4 year tank plan to get it. GM gets 4 years no matter how bad. Owner sells future while making the same but paying less. And basketball is much worse. Remember the wonderful old clash of style games? Who can do what they do better, Who can stop them from doing what they do. Great coaches and strategy.Now? Switch everything! No mid range! The end. Must be so tough to advance scout.

Here's the question. I am always of the opinion that the teams that win are the teams that change first. Det didn't become the bad boys because someone else did first. They did it because they had one wicked offensive player, one great all around player, and a bunch of tough do your job not every job guys. And a great coached who knew who to use when and played 12 guys a game because they played their ass off. Bulls, Lakers< Bos, ATl, all had fire power much greater and when they dialed it in none could score consistently against them They did a modified version years later with some tough guy D but added the 3 shooting of Bilups and Sheed. But they were first. First to guys like Wallace, Billuos, and Sheed that other teams undervalued. So with size and D Laughed at these days do you think you could start with our team and through trades and the draft make the best defensive/rebounding team in the league and be a contender now. I think I could for 2 reasons. First so few night a year to teams face it. Individuals play good D. Sometimes but rarely teams double and give stars the business. But these days it's mostly let them get theirs and stop everyone else. What happens when you have a top defender on Lebron and Davis plus all the help guys are the top notch type that can show or hard hedge and recover so you don't get caught in the crappy switch everything D? What would happen when we rebound 5? When we post up your 6'6" PF and then crash the galss because we still have 2 wicked defenders back and 3 more busting it to help? I think it would fuck GS, HOU, anyone. You can't play fast against a team that won't help you. And defenders are all a bargain. You get first shot at the undervalued. Which means you have the capital and the money to pay more for the all around scorer you need. Always gonna need Isiah and Dumars or Chauncey and Rip/Sheed. But you don't need a ton. I watched the worst offensive team in history go to the finals when Iverson brought Philly. I'd play any other member of that team in horse in their prime and go undefeated. It's easy to score from the line. off steals, open dunks, against small guys. Mark my words, the next great coach is going to be the defensive innovator. Probably some young college guy since the NBA sucks all originality. Look at Stevens in Bos. Everyone was picking apart his schemes as is they were from space. Ainge misses it and trades for Kyrie. Stevebs just soldiers on finally Ainge gets it. Stevebs found a bunch of tough guys, If you were tough you played so he played a lot of them. They played wicked D because that got you time and you were always rested. Then Kyrie playng no D for 40 plus the bad quick shots and th ey go from top of the league D to also ran. I give him first shot at it. He's a smart enough coach to get the most out of limited offensive players and play deep rotations where you put pressure on all game. Pressure bust pipes. That's what they all say about Belicek. He says just stay calm and don't beat yourself because 90% of the time the other team will. And no one can copy him because they don't get it. They think he's the best drafter, they got lucky with Brady, old good vets always go there. That's not why. He just doesn't need to do anything to prove he is smarter. Because he can wait for you to panic and show how stupid you are. That will be the team. The one that does to Hou what GS did to then in the playoffs. Every missed 3 is more pressure and leads to quicker and longer 3's When did ball become that. I remember my dad always yelling at me from the stands the same thing if I was cold. "Take it to the bucket!" Get something easy. FT even. Now miss 10 3's better get up 10 more in half the time. I can build a team and design a D to defeat that in a couple hours. Someday a smart GM will talk a smart owner into letting him try. Just needs to tell him I will stack this roster 12 deep with guys who will play and you will love the hustle of every one. And we will never owe a pick or be above the cap. Who's your team. Coronaquiz
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

thrill. i haven't even read your response yet. but thanks so much for it. people have got to start posting more stuff on here so we can keep our minds on something other than the mounting death toll. so - assuming that you stuck to basketball - really, thanks so much for the massive amount of verbiage and ideas. i'm totally serious.

give me awhile to sort thru all this. i'll get back to it - but, in a nutshell, YES. you did see my earlier draft scenario where we take okongwu first, okoro second and tre jones third, right? i've altered that approach somewhat - but in general i'm all about the D.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:45 am
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:22 pm as screwy as this year has been, i think it's possible that rosas will want to take toppin at 3 - but someone else will take him at 1 or 2.

Remember the 1st week of the season when I turned you on to him? I said I just gave him the Oladipo treatment. Where every year I love a guy mocked in the 20's or 30's and by draft time he goes before us> Well we were a game above .500 then so we didn't play ourselves out of contention. But he is certainly at this time the best player available college, euro, or alien. It is not on the floor where he get graded down it's on the calendar. He's 22 can he get better or bigger. And slightly for D. Well I have 2 things to say about those. Maybe 10

1st he played one year of high school ball and is at Dayton because he was a 6'5" academic non qualifier. That's why he's so old for a JR. And he has played 3 seasons of high school or above basketball. only 2 of them at 6'9"
And the morons wonder if he's capped as a player and physically? Like he can become Ben Wallace in 2 years after growing 4 inches? Like he's played so much organized ball that he can't improve? Ridiculous. Physically dominated while throwing advanced post moves and 3's like a G. Yeah dude, you only get 2 years. Pretty good for 2 years though right. Maybe he can get one more?

2nd he is exactly what I say about 2-3 guys every year. He is so important to his team as not just a talent but as a threat that they design their D to keep him in the game and tell him not to foul. He still gets steals at a high rate for a big but look at his foul rate. Blocks plus steals on a top team and then look at his foul rate. Add to that that one of his TO's probably every other game min is an offensive foul. Which is another thing he gets dinged for is TO's For as many spectacular lobs they attempt, the fast break crazy shit, It is amazing he doesn't have more ball TO's and 2 offensive fouls a game. And that's his freakish body control for a big.

As I said earlier I am actually now happy we didn't see him in the tourney because then you would have seen balls out effort to win on every play especially 2nd half's when he's got fouls to give. And all that ridiculous shit I just wrote is a dead giveaway that he is Mr. smoke this year. Remember how fast he went from 20's when I told you to top 5 everywhere? Never moved all year. Never below 5 and as high as 2 on a lot. Now half the mocks have him closer to 10 than 1. That's because the smoke is out from teams that love him. Think they don't know how little ball he's played? Think they see the best post game in college as a 2 year post player and say........well....he's capped. Think any basketball people ever got tall fast and took a while to fill out? Crazy! Know how many former stars at all levels work for teams? Think any of them got the hey, save those fouls treatment?

My proof of this is the vid some moron tweeted that someone posted the other day. One play of Obi closing out on a 3 and the guy says scouts think he has bad balance and plays too high and will have trouble guarding the perimeter! :lol: So for starters he is a 4. He won't be playing on the perimeter other than standing in front of a shooter 4. You want to shoot over that long tall 40 inch vert? Or he will be quick switching or running guys off the 3. And if you watch that vid you can see he did exactly what they want him to do . He ran the guy off the 3, didn't foul, and stayed top side because they force things baseline like Thibs used to. You can see the help guy on the baseline get held and everyone else just lost. But somehow one of the freakiest athletes I've ever seen was physically incapable of playing basketball even though e did everything properly.

Smoke and people are buying it. We just have to hope a few things go our way Edwards will go #1 because he's also a freak but a ball in hands more freak. We need a PG needy team to take Ball. Then we need teams with no C or that want D to take Wiseman and OO. Maybe some moron wants Doncic so much they take Avdija. Think all those can happen? No way. And that's to 6. And every one that doesn't is one more guaranteed spot up Toppin goes. I believe odds would have us picking 4th. Could be wrong on that. I would say lower than 5th is too statistically rare to happen. But to me that's still iffy because Wiseman and OO are both C's. Wiseman good enough athlete to play 4 but not good enough basketball player to. OO could with a few C's. If we had a different system and Towns leaned out and passed more would be great, But don't see a lot of other places he's not straight up 5. Atl definitely would have gone defensive big but now would go Toppin to replace Collins, Det would surely take a C over Tppin GS should go big but just might take OBi and try to score 160 a night. That means at 4-5 we might still need to trade up. Or somehow we would either need to win a spot or have the teams fall perfectly. Or have a C hungry team trade up. Luckily we have extra ammo and a cheap owner. Maybe for once his miser nature works for me and he trades the extra money.......I mean pick to get my guy. I'd put the odds he's there when we're on the clock at 50/50. Probably what like 35% we win a spot? at least 90% we're top 5 and then need help or luck. Plus subtract from the odds the idiot and his theory's.

I did allow myself to read into his cocky ass response the the question about not having a 4. He took it as a personal attack against his shit mandate and kind of seemed insulted and flustered and quipped back something like he has nothing against big 4's..................but it has to be the right one. There's no more trading for money. There's no lower money 4;s who are big and shoot out there, There is one. I think his ego let his liking him slip because he couldn't handle being criticized. He has to hint at it just so he can say I told you so later. And if he does it, even if he has to pay to get further up I will never call him the idiot again. I will hate his mandate, and I will hate his kid glove treatment of Towns but I love how he got Beasley and if he gets Obi I will call him even Steven until we figure oyt whether Towns and Russell are winners willing to do what it takes or vid game buddies and former Wolves.

Man I took too long a nap today and can't sleep. So here's a question for tomorrow. The idiot is still in charge but he lets you make this one call. GS picks in front of us at 4 and we are 5. The idiot tells you he wants Obi but won''t take OO. GS calls and says we are taking Obi unless you trade us Towns. Also consider that he and Russell aren't children and the idiot isn't a shit dad. Would you trade Towns for their pick, Paschall, a 1st next year, and a sizable contract or two where both or at least the biggest expire as we'd need a 3rd team to take a contract off GS and send us one. Then take OO and Obi and have a legit defensive rim protector and 2 great shooting bigs. Plus take the chance they have trouble meshing or get injured and that pick is like 20 instead of 30. 1 year later I like that team more even still playing essentially the same system.

Or this. Just came out a few places on yyoutube that Nets plan is not to go the Bos route and add greats to their deep good team. It's to package up for a 3rd superstar. This one would require additional moves since we already have their pick and their guys are young on the rise not stars yet and play spots we have stacked but if we are in position to draft Obi and they offered J. Allen, Dinwiddie, Lavert and a couple 1st (would be low they would think) for Towns Evans and Layman (those 2 for more space) You think about it? Allen a great fit with Obi and Lavert and Dinwiddie give you the option to change course fully and move Russell. Otherwise both bring picks or players or both. This PG heavy draft took a dark turn when, and I never thought I'd write this, Ballbecame the only lotto worthy PG and might be the only legit 1st rounder. Could see a team reall overpay to get Russell in the right circumstance. Probably move Lavert to Det. I like him and always have but they were supoer hot for him before he got hurt. Saw tons of shit they were going to go after him before he re-signed. Just because of money and his foot history. I'll take the return from those 2 after the Towns trade and still have dinwiddie as my super pumped that he's a starter, starter ( Beasley affect) McLaughlin as my tough ass backup with a rook. Allen, Spellman, Johnson and Obi up front can defend, rebound and shoot. Some trade/draft capital spent on a younger version of Johnson. Push some assets into the future but add one big good 3 and D SF and then let Culver, Okogie, 3 and D rook, Vandy, and Spellman fight for time. And that rook PG if we push some assets into the future should be straight boom or bust. Is Howard too small? Is Quickley a 10 game wonder? Can Powell play PG? Can Tre learn to shoot consistently? Can Haggins learn to shoot at all? Do the research and if you think yes take one. Sit him next to Dinwiddie and Mac and if they can't gleen how to get better through straight guts and never say die then try again next year.

You can tell I can't sleep, don't like Towns, and I think Russell will make them both worse can't you. Just hope they flame out hard enough to burn the idiot down too.

Here's another. Always say NBA is a copycat league because most are cheap or stupid. We are both. GM's came up with this thing where they tell their owner there is only one way to win , maybe 3 teams who can, and we don't have it so we need a 4 year tank plan to get it. GM gets 4 years no matter how bad. Owner sells future while making the same but paying less. And basketball is much worse. Remember the wonderful old clash of style games? Who can do what they do better, Who can stop them from doing what they do. Great coaches and strategy.Now? Switch everything! No mid range! The end. Must be so tough to advance scout.

Here's the question. I am always of the opinion that the teams that win are the teams that change first. Det didn't become the bad boys because someone else did first. They did it because they had one wicked offensive player, one great all around player, and a bunch of tough do your job not every job guys. And a great coached who knew who to use when and played 12 guys a game because they played their ass off. Bulls, Lakers< Bos, ATl, all had fire power much greater and when they dialed it in none could score consistently against them They did a modified version years later with some tough guy D but added the 3 shooting of Bilups and Sheed. But they were first. First to guys like Wallace, Billuos, and Sheed that other teams undervalued. So with size and D Laughed at these days do you think you could start with our team and through trades and the draft make the best defensive/rebounding team in the league and be a contender now. I think I could for 2 reasons. First so few night a year to teams face it. Individuals play good D. Sometimes but rarely teams double and give stars the business. But these days it's mostly let them get theirs and stop everyone else. What happens when you have a top defender on Lebron and Davis plus all the help guys are the top notch type that can show or hard hedge and recover so you don't get caught in the crappy switch everything D? What would happen when we rebound 5? When we post up your 6'6" PF and then crash the galss because we still have 2 wicked defenders back and 3 more busting it to help? I think it would fuck GS, HOU, anyone. You can't play fast against a team that won't help you. And defenders are all a bargain. You get first shot at the undervalued. Which means you have the capital and the money to pay more for the all around scorer you need. Always gonna need Isiah and Dumars or Chauncey and Rip/Sheed. But you don't need a ton. I watched the worst offensive team in history go to the finals when Iverson brought Philly. I'd play any other member of that team in horse in their prime and go undefeated. It's easy to score from the line. off steals, open dunks, against small guys. Mark my words, the next great coach is going to be the defensive innovator. Probably some young college guy since the NBA sucks all originality. Look at Stevens in Bos. Everyone was picking apart his schemes as is they were from space. Ainge misses it and trades for Kyrie. Stevebs just soldiers on finally Ainge gets it. Stevebs found a bunch of tough guys, If you were tough you played so he played a lot of them. They played wicked D because that got you time and you were always rested. Then Kyrie playng no D for 40 plus the bad quick shots and th ey go from top of the league D to also ran. I give him first shot at it. He's a smart enough coach to get the most out of limited offensive players and play deep rotations where you put pressure on all game. Pressure bust pipes. That's what they all say about Belicek. He says just stay calm and don't beat yourself because 90% of the time the other team will. And no one can copy him because they don't get it. They think he's the best drafter, they got lucky with Brady, old good vets always go there. That's not why. He just doesn't need to do anything to prove he is smarter. Because he can wait for you to panic and show how stupid you are. That will be the team. The one that does to Hou what GS did to then in the playoffs. Every missed 3 is more pressure and leads to quicker and longer 3's When did ball become that. I remember my dad always yelling at me from the stands the same thing if I was cold. "Take it to the bucket!" Get something easy. FT even. Now miss 10 3's better get up 10 more in half the time. I can build a team and design a D to defeat that in a couple hours. Someday a smart GM will talk a smart owner into letting him try. Just needs to tell him I will stack this roster 12 deep with guys who will play and you will love the hustle of every one. And we will never owe a pick or be above the cap. Who's your team. Coronaquiz
once again, thanks for all the pith. i love it. read each and every word.

in toppin's case, the choice seems too obvious for rosas to miss it. what could he NOT like about toppin? he's too ready to contribute? his three percentage was 39 but not 40? but as to where he's falling in the draft - it's anyone's guess. too many moving parts before we even have a draft order and see what teams fall where and what they might be looking to add. i do think that if we land, say at 5th, rosas is going to be reluctant to trade up to, say 3, and then watch toppin go surprisingly number one or two. he sort of got his testicles scorched and flattened last year doing that. i think he'll hold where he's at - especially if it's 3 or 4, and hope toppin is still there. i think he will be - you have to go all the way back to the 2010 draft to find the last player picked in the top five who was as old or older than toppin (22). wes johnson, not the best example (i know), was 23 on draft night. and i don't think there were even any 22 yr olds picked during that period. the trend is very solid about going for youth at the top of the draft - and that bodes well for us.

as for your KAT trade scenarios, yeah they are interesting - and i could get excited about going a couple ways on that. but i'm pulling a page from your book and not even going to go there. you think my idea of drafting okongwu is far-fetched because rosas would never do that? IMO he's 17,000 times more likely to draft okongwu than he would be to trade KAT - after he's just moved mountains to revamp the roster and bring in Dlo. and in some respects, i totally get that. we need to actually see what happens when they play together for awhile before breaking up the band. and, unless he gets badly injured, KAT's value will still be the same next year as it is this summer.

in terms of KAT's D, i think it's possible he could improve considerably - and it comes down to a weird factor. his mom. however this terrible thing plays out with her, this has got to be a sobering come-to-jesus moment for the young man. he wouldn't be the first human, when faced with a monumental incident, decides to buckle down and man up. in his case, i think there's enough evidence to show that he sort of doesn't "get" D (he's been a poor student) - and that maybe he's a little floppy and top heavy physically - so there are some obstacles that may still prevent him from being a great defender. but sheer effort is something that might awaken in him with the situation with mom. stuff like that often makes people reassess how they've been conducting themselves. he could grow up. and part of that growing up might come with a realization that he simply has to work harder and with night-in night-out consistency DEFENSIVELY if he hopes HIS team to ever have a chance at being more than it is now.

as for your idea about how to build a team - around tough D and rebounding, 12 deep - i have been ALL about that since day one. that's why i'm all about the second round and the gleague. i would love the wolves to be a team that works its ass off every night - and plays 12 deep with tough players - so there's never any coasting. yes, just wear the other team out. and the bench guys and Gleaguers on the squad who aren't part of the regular rotation, they're all developmental players cut from the same cloth. you're right - too many copycat wannabees in terms of GMs and coaching - and copycats are always a day late and a dollar short. build something different.

considering we're in the frozen sticks - and have always had a hard time attracting top FA talent - the only way to go is in the draft and with smaller contracts to over achievers. JMac is a great example - we need our bench full of guys with that mindset. that's why i want to get pons in the draft. that's why i'd love to get luka garza.

who on our current roster would you choose to guard jimmy butler, for one example? or would yves pons already be a better choice? IMO it's pons. and it could be pons on any number of matchups against all sorts of sized players. he could be a stopper for us. just get him at 33 - put him behind culver and layman at the three - and in a year, when layman's gone, you've got a differently tooled SF tandem of culver and pons. as a player, isaac okoro is a great defender and a more well rounded player. he could go top 10. but as a defender, the SEC coaches voted pons over okoro for their DPOY. the guys that scout all the players, watch all the games, are closest to the action. he's a special multi-positional defensive beast who will certainly still be sitting there at 33.

as for garza, yes - he went back home last year in slovenia or someplace to work out with his uncles and whatnot who are strong like bull athlete types. running sprints hugging boxing heavy bags till he puked. reminds one of the makur maker promo vid stuff - except in this case, it completely worked. garza came back from his workouts tough as sin and utterly destroyed the Big Ten this season. conference POY and if it weren't for obi toppin, it's very likely he also could win the national POY. he's got legit size, strength and length - a zillion low post moves - blocked 2 per game this year - can hit the three - but of absolute MOST importance is that he works his ass off all the time. he knows he'll be athletically behind the 8 ball in the nba. so what he'll need to do to be in the league, he'll do. he's a committed, all-in type. i totally predict an aron baynes career for the guy. if we could get him UDFA like we did with naz last year - whoa. big win. would garza sign here as a UDFA? well, maybe. he'll know that our developmental team is in iowa - that should hold appeal. plus he knows that right now, the only guy we had at center when KAT went down this year was naz reid. we are thin at the 5 and he should know that.

anyway, enough of the examples - yes - that sort of approach really appeals to me. i don't hold any illusions that we will EVER win a title here. and honestly being stuck in no man's land in the middle of the pack doesn't turn me off IF we are consistently a team that NO ONE wants to play. return of the black and blue division - build our identity on physically kicking ass - and i do think that is something that, marketed the right way, the TC fan base could actually get behind. it's an identity that brings some pride with it. for too long, our identity has been that of a whiny namby pamby bunch of losers. who the hell likes that?

and i don't mean to design a team that wins games every night 90-89. we'll still have KAT and Dlo on the squad - that's about 50 per game - if we get toppin and add beasley to that - another 32 per game - and culver chips in 10 - that's 92 ppg from the starters. if our bench only gets 20, that's still 112 ppg - or a point better than the average in the league last year. so we don't have to do this and score 90 points. just always playing hard, with toughness and intensity, making nothing easy for the opposition. and i think we're getting set in that direction with our roster - if you look at KAT and Dlo's supporting cast - IMO juancho, jj, okogie, beasley, jmac and vandy - maybe layman too - are high motor guys. add toppin, pons and garza to that and it starts to become the identity.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

As to Kat and OO right now of course you are 100% right. Let's say there is a defensive big next year comparable to OO. And we come off a season where Kat was lazy ass Kat and we lose again. After all this you think the Idiot doesn't start to blame him? He won't blame himself because he's righter than right. Then you have a spread sheet guy going hmmm........30 mil for a loser or 6 mil for a try hard player who at least gives us the hope of offensive development plus the haul some fool would give us for the stat padder. Don't get me wrong. I am not blinded by hate and disgust to his talent and skill. I am profoundly disappointed and annoyed with his lack of guts and commitment to winning. There have been 2 glaring and easy choices in Kat's NBA career. Suck it up, be a man, and win with Butler and Thibs. And play both ends of the floor with at least close to the same effort. Chosing wrong in the worst possible ways and big shock. He's a loser.

So sick of all the fan boys of his saying well, it;'s not his fault we lost he got 30 and 15. Because new era fans are morons and can't understand simple math. He also gives up an easy 30+. And by easy I mean effortless. He makes all of our pretty damn good defenders worse and is the glaring weak link in our already flawed defensive scheme. And on our end you think that somehow Kat shoots 75% and never turns it over, everyone else shoots 10%with more TO's? When Kat doesn't have the ball we have actual NBA players who can score close to as efficiently. And Kat is by far the TO king on this team. But on the other end we have no one that can do much about the guy dunking in an apathetic Towns face. Nothing you can do when he's the help in the rotation and he just doesn't feel like it.

And there were times with Russell I saw the exact same thing. Absolute apathy. Times I literally saw him let his man get by him and swear to god he starts leaking and he's not looking back watching his man score easily he is already looking for the outlet pass trying to cherry pick. Though his no run back on D trick is not the cry like a pussy about a foul it's the quick shot and fall down. Pussy ass shit that pussy ass bitches been doing since I was playing in the dark ages. We knew who they were then and they know who they are now. And here's what happens. Guys go from looking at them as super talents who can help them win and start to see them as losers who make their job harder. You got your 30 mil but I have to cover your ass? We lose because of you but I don't get a better contract because the idiot has to get rid of my loser defense playing ass? Eventually some pussy ass bitch will nut up and go to Taylor and say you are paying 60 mil a year for the anchors dragging us down.

Defense is 90% effort and toughness. Winning is 90% effort and toughness. All the rest is smarts. All these guys are great talented athletes. And with all the greats you still hear stories about how they can't take losing at cribbage. Compete 40 of your 40 instead of 35 and you win? Nope, that loser loses. Compete at both ends of the floor and the other guy doesn't? That loser loses. That's the Belichek way and he's the biggest winner in the history of modern sports. Effort, toughness, brains and the patience to wait for the other guy to show you he can't do the same. You don't need to win. Let the other guy lose. That's the mantra of the best winner and smartest coach in history. We have a GM who thinks you can win a game in the 2nd quarter by shoting 10 consecutive 3's. We have 2 max guys who use the entirety of their skill and effort to put the ball in the hoop and their brains to avoid doing anything else that leads to wins. They are contract players.

They don't change here is what will happen if the offseason goes as expected. First will be the battle for leadership. You will hear non stop from the shills and the idiots boy how they all love each other and love lasagna. All the while Beasely will be fuming and guys will be falling in line behind him. This will happen of course because of everyone getting sick of being 110% players. Know what that means here? Means you give 100% and you HAVE to give an extra 10% to make up for the lazy. And watch Obi (he'll be here) to be the catalyst. Early fan favorite will be dunking, flying down the floor and blocking shots getting the fans excited. Then Kat will get jealous and shoot more. Then his bestest buddy ever will start to "overly favor Towns" That means freeze out Obi. That happens we fracture and lose with a high paid talented team. The idiot has painted himself in a corner with his idiot mandate and his little boy. First self defense for a GM? Fire the coach. But there is no coach who will take this job and listen to him. Not even the low end also rans looking for one last job. No young guy burns his career down here. So it's keep Ryan who is obviously too big a pussy to buck, or hire a complete dud to be another idiot's boy and get flamed for it huge. Or it's hire an actual coach who laughs in his face when he brings up lineups or style of play. Each of these point our Rosas incompetence and his putting his own ego over the glaring evidence. he is wrong

So what's left for the egomaniac? It's throw the blame at the other 2 guys who deserve it. Then Beaslye will be leading and they are too wimpy to do anything but cry to the media and run to Taylor. We all know how that goes. You get to run to Taylor once and he gives you a ton of money and calls your bully's dad, and he tells you what a good boy you are and he expects better. Next time he wants your fucking 30 mil back. Then it's just the time spent seeing if Towns and Russell fall in line fast enough before we dump them quick.

All of that is crazy speculation from guess one but each and every one the odds are better than 50. No one goes broke betting the odds. And that's why I am done with the well if Kat could only try on D a little more shit. What makes anyone look at every minute without KG scaring him think so? There has never been a bigger fake here than him. You never heard Love chirping about what a good leader he was and how winning is all that matters. And we had smart enough players and coaches to know it. By leadership he was what? 4th? Know what the other good leaders knew? He was the best, get him the ball. Other end? Watch your guy and his. Towns makes his fake claims because he thinks it makes him look good. Not in any way because he cares about winning. Well in any other way than it would help his resume. There is just so very much evidence that he does not care about winning except that he wants to be called a winner. You are what you do. And what he does is just enough to get stats and nowhere near enough to win. He is that star talented guy who somehow does not make anyone else better. Somehow can not elevate the team passed HIGH lotto. Runs off the only real winners we've had. The guys who carried his whiny ass to his one winning season. He is the text book professional sports definition of loser. That is what is always considered a loser.

Kat and Russell sure will be fun on those 8 minute stretches when they look like the best inside outside offensive duo ever. And they will. And just go ahead and check that 2 point we gain on the scoreboard because of the layup line at the other end. Then watch Kat and Russell celebrating like they won they title. Then watch the other team celebrating one tenth as much when they win the actual game. And I actually want this all to happen. And none of you crazy idiot rube Wolves fans can say a thing because we are all stupid for watching and there is only ridiculous dumb luck that can help. Lots here thought we should play modern small ball :lol: Some morons still think you get worst to get better and cheer for loses. :lol: How's that shit working. Analytics! Is there one for too big a pussy to run back on D? :lol: Me? I want all out war. Culture war! That's the way out. Essentially it's a fair fight between money and power. Kat and Russell make half the money. The rest have their earning limited by that and their future prospects damaged by the losing and the extra work they have to do. Do your job. Another Belichek one. Well that's a lot harder when job one is do 10% of Russels and Town's jobs. That's gonna be maybe one or two toadies and 13-14 guys pissed and against them. Then it starts with the idiot on their side as he's all in on them. Ryan by default on the team side trying to hold it all together. That's where the movement begins. Whether it's The idiot or his boy will be big. If it's neither I quit. But barring a come to Jesus where Towns and Russell see the light Ryan will have exactly 2 choices. Change the minutes those 2 play and call them out or don't. Either could get him fired but won't. He should obviously go straight to Taylor and say I know 200 times as much basketball as my idiot boss and I'm changing to an actual coach like my father. You should fire that guy and not give me a raise until his contract is gone or we're in the 2nd round. But he'd start crying 3 seconds into that and run away. So then it's The idiot. Course I shouldn't call him that since I think he will take Obi and I said I'd stop if he did. But this is where his ego finally helps us for once. He knows he's the copycat moron who couldn't win with a ton of talent because he didn't understand the game or players because those with huge ego's can never understand anyone else's thinking. Just that "they should think like me" Then his career is over. He's a computer and phone call guy. His out is go to Taylor and say man we did so much to make Kat happy bringing his boy, making the roster better, I heard you got rid of this winner because he wanted you to. And he fucking betrayed us. I want to move him and his buddy before the whole league is wise to what a loser he is. Ryan need to move quick before Rosas realizes his last move is that. But I hope he doesn't because he's a proven moron toadie. I want Taylor on the phone to McHale. If he's been watching any ball at all he's back. Not letting Rosas try to dazzle and confound the whole league of morons to prove his worth. He's fired. Ryan fired to save McHale from having to fire 2 Saunders. McHale calls Sam and we play actual basketball not vid game ball. McHale gets some good 2 way players and some picks. Morons whine on the return while we win twice as much.

I control the universe and this will happen! I hope.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'll take that as an affirmative on my toppin, pons and garza scenario.

btw, just thought i'd share these.

i wonder if pons even had much of a running start on this block. the guy can flat out get UP. he's 6-6.

and ooooh - don't forget immanuel quickley at 16. perhaps too high for him, but sometimes you just need to go get the guy you want and tell the mocks to go to hell. i think he's going to be a baller. such a great leap from his freshman to sophomore years - just named SEC POY - great size for a PG (6-4 with a 6-8 wingspan) so that would give us a different look off the bench than jmac when needed - such a quick sure release on his shot (42% from three this year on 5 attempts per game) - can effectively shoot the floater - also has shown in the past an ability to be a great assist to TO ratio guy - high motor - PLUS shows all the tools and effort to be a very good defender. he wasn't even mocked earlier this year - but now looks to be a late 20s-early 30s pick. i'd just say go for it and take him at 16. or find a trade partner who wants our 16 in exchange for their 20s pick plus a future pick.

Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

I am not even sure I have time to read those two posts even with the stay at home order lol