Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Timberwolves leadership

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: Timberwolves leadership

Post by Beef Supreme »

YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 am Rolos are great. Underrated candy.

That is my contribution to this thread.
They’re a whole roll of smiles.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
j2j

Post by j2j »

Rolos are shit and I'm judging every single one of you assholes.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Dark chocolate Rolos are the bomb diggity.
j2j

Post by j2j »

irishman89 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:58 pm Dark chocolate Rolos are the bomb diggity.

Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 pm RoCoLo reminds me of Recola!
Anyone who enjoys an herbal throat lozenge can eff right off!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

j2j wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:56 am Rolos are shit and I'm judging every single one of you assholes.
Your anti-rolos stance will not...uh....stand!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

YBBR wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 am
j2j wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:56 am Rolos are shit and I'm judging every single one of you assholes.
You can roll an entire roll of Rolos to a friend but one single Rolo just circles back to you, FYI.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 am KAT needs this roll to work, but he needs to step up as a leader for it to work. I realize it's completely unfair to make KG comparisons, but I don't recall ever wondering if KG would be able to live up to a leadership roll. Moreso I remember wondering if he could tone it down a notch for the new guy's sake. Then he punched Rick Rickert in the face and we were off the the races.

It's just a stark contrast of personalities.
KG consistently deferred to veterans like Sam Mitchell for leadership roles (R-O-L-E-S, not R-O-L-L-S!) early in his career.
I want a caramel roll now...
j2j

Post by j2j »

I knew I've always hated you for a reason.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

j2j wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:57 am
I thought we agreed that it was my good looks and razor sharp wit though!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

People who have lost the right to root for Rolo's:

j2j
j2j

Post by j2j »

YBBR wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:57 am

I thought we agreed that it was my good looks and razor sharp wit though!
That too... that too...
LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:58 pm People who have lost the right to root for Rolo's:

j2j
I wear that badge with honor.

RoCo >>> Rolo

qrocks

Post by qrocks »

KAT hasn't proven he is a leader yet. He'll have to become a bit tougher mentally in the face of adversity to be able to guide the rest of the team toward success. I hope he grows into the role. I think he can do it. I thought Wiggins and Butler would be great leaders of this team over the past recent years, and I was wrong about them so I'll take a wait-and-see-approach to KAT.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

qrocks wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:31 am KAT hasn't proven he is a leader yet. He'll have to become a bit tougher mentally in the face of adversity to be able to guide the rest of the team toward success. I hope he grows into the role. I think he can do it. I thought Wiggins and Butler would be great leaders of this team over the past recent years, and I was wrong about them so I'll take a wait-and-see-approach to KAT.
agreed, the next step needs to be him actually maturing as right now it seems he's doing his best to "act" mature.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

memyworld wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:22 pm While KG is the most beloved player in Wolves history, there's been a bit of revisionist history with how he and his teams performed for 11 seasons. That should illustrate just how poorly this team has been run since 2007.
So historical revisionism can actually be a very positive and good thing in certain circumstances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historica ... 0judgments.
historical revisionism identifies the re-interpretation of the historical record. It usually means challenging the orthodox (established, accepted or traditional) views held by professional scholars about a historical event, introducing contrary evidence, or reinterpreting the motivations and decisions of the people involved. The revision of the historical record can reflect new discoveries of fact, evidence, and interpretation, which then provokes a revised history. In dramatic cases, revisionism involves a reversal of older moral judgments.
I can understand that it often has a negative connotation but it really depends on the context in which it is used, sometimes it's very valuable.

So, while the Wolves with KG didn't perform all that well while he was here, that's really no surprise to anyone though, how revisionist history has been used in the past several years is in reasserting just how good Kevin Garnett was in light of new information, more specifically plus/minus statistics, in which he basically has no peer since 2001, or so, when they started collecting this information. No, plus/minus does not tell you everything but it tells you a lot more than basically any other statistic, but it really goes far beyond that and one should really challenge how they are evaluating players in general. Kevin Garnett is the model player for how you should not downplay a player's ability because of the teammates he was surrounded with and that is precisely what happened to Garnett, the narrative shifted when he couldn't get out of the first round against better teams and became harsher when he missed the playoffs.

It should be noted even in 2004, where the Wolves were a legitimate title contending team, outside of Garnett and Sam Cassell, they were not good, in fact several of them were really bad. Garnett was arguably both the best offensive player and the best defensive player that year, which is not something that normally happens throughout basketball history.

So far, Towns has been very good but he's got a long ways to go to be compared to KG because the gap on defense is simply far too big, KG was the BEST player in the league a few different years and top 3-5 several other years, KAT is outside the top 10 right now, maybe outside the top 15.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

If we are able to go back and look at the plus/minus of pro Rolo vs non Rolo we would see that Rolo's are just plain delicious. So in hindsight historical revisionism is a non factor here since Rolo's were delicious to begin with. Nothing new here fellas...
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Riesen, nuff said.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Lightning wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:50 am
qrocks wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:31 am KAT hasn't proven he is a leader yet. He'll have to become a bit tougher mentally in the face of adversity to be able to guide the rest of the team toward success. I hope he grows into the role. I think he can do it. I thought Wiggins and Butler would be great leaders of this team over the past recent years, and I was wrong about them so I'll take a wait-and-see-approach to KAT.
agreed, the next step needs to be him actually maturing as right now it seems he's doing his best to "act" mature.
He was kind of a mess on media day, for what it’s worth.

In short, he talks too damn much.

The word “championship” should never be mentioned. Even saying things like “we’re building a championship culture”. Have the humility to realize that you do not know what a championship culture is.

I jut wish he realized that it’s not through words that one leads. To me, he’s definitely not being the right kind of leader yet.