Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ricky Rubio MVP

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Ricky Rubio MVP

Post by LordNu »

Lightning wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:05 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 pm I loved Rubio, but I can totally acknowledge how others did not like his game. He seems to be the most polarising player we ever had.
Me too. Love was that player though, I'm pretty certain.
People didn't love Love as much as they did with Rubio, and that's why I think Rubio was more polarising. Love pissed me off after he punched a brick wall and cost us half the season.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 pm I loved Rubio, but I can totally acknowledge how others did not like his game. He seems to be the most polarising player we ever had.
I agree. My memory isn't great, but I remember rubes wanting his ass gone after every missed layup.
We are always living thru hindsight I guess.
Some even wanted Tyus to start ahead of him. :irked:
I am a Rubiobo, always have been. I can admit the clear flaws and weaknesses in his game. Just like I could admit that KG never had the kill shot in him like Kobe or others did. KG needed Allen and more importantly Pierce to take the last shot in order to win a championship.

The reason I liked them (KG and Rubio) was that they were leaders, but they lead by trying to make the others around them great. They appeared to me to be players who defined their success by the TEAM’s success not their individual success. They were not perfect players - but they for me seemed to be cut from the same mold. Of course KG had far more talent than Rubio, but I put them as equals as far as heart on the floor and for their teams went.

You know because of his pride in his country and his love for the game that winning the FIBA World Cup is probably just as big if not bigger than winning an NBA Championship for Rubio.

Good for him.

It’s sounds like the Wolves had a plan to go after him, but the Suns moved on him faster than Rosas did. I actually find it encouraging that the Wolves recognized that Rubio was the type of player they wanted on this Team. Maybe they can find others like him instead.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
He Ricky RUUUBIO, He not like anybody elssse.

I really like Rubio too, but he was flawed. I would have taken another flyer on him too, but not for 3/$51.
17 per is a lot for a non shooting threat PG.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Love Ricky...Love him forever. Miss him here.
My heart is family.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Ricky was very likeable. He seems like such a good guy.

Kevin Love grew up with all that Beach Boys' money from his uncle. Fuck him.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."