Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ricky Rubio MVP

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
H8ter

Ricky Rubio MVP

Post by H8ter »

Just miss this little pup. Glad he’s winning without us. We didn’t deserve him.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Ricky Rubio MVP

Post by jodaman01 »

He would be absolutely perfect here right now.

They almost went after him, wish they would have got him.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

I am sure thats why Utah got rid of him
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm I am sure thats why Utah got rid of him
Oh god the #1 Thibbs/Butler fan is back.

Please add some more great insight to this board.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

I miss Ricky so much. Flawed player, but this is a flawed team. Absolute immaculate human.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:07 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:24 pm I am sure thats why Utah got rid of him

I thought u moved on to hating Rosas :thinking: :lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

what?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 pmwhat?
MVP in the FIBA Championship.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

H8ter wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 pmwhat?
MVP in the FIBA Championship.
Oh. Good for Ricky!

- Carl Jung
Style

Post by Style »

He played really well in the Finals game. Thibs was the guest announcer or whatever. My disturbed side really enjoyed Ricky doing MVP things in front of Thibs.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Badbeat

Post by Badbeat »

I absolutely loved Ricky when he came to the Wolves. I am sorry but I enjoy watching people who actually show a joy and a love for a game. I guess we have La Tortuga now representing what Ricky did while he was here.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Rosas (Twolves Marketing) sent me a personal e-mail addressed to me (form letter - insert name here) titled “Letter To Our Fans”. It was an e-mail talking about their vision and the steps toward that this summer along with thanking fans like myself for their support and looking forward to hopefully seeing fans like me at the Target Center this season. Yes it was a generic form letter, but it was a nice touch out the organization and the marketing team instead of just sending out e-mails from the sales teams begging for ticket sales at ridiculous prices.

I still wish Rosas had gotten a PG (Garland or White instead of Culver) in the draft in order to replace Teague and start figuring that position out for the future, but the fact this organization seems to be reaching out and trying to connect back to the fanbase after shutting the fans out under Thibbs is enough to get me a little excited for the upcoming season (it doesn’t take much).

I like the organization moves that the team has made and the forward vision they say they have and seem to be backing up when it comes to developing and supporting their own players here in the future.

I am good for now and looking forward to the new season, plus watching Cousins in any meaningful games may cause me to rip my eyes out and curse Spielman’s name in vain.

(Thanks for the ribbing) ;)

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I enjoyed watching Ricky but he never got better. He's the same guy he was when he came into the league. That's why I gave up and had enough of him.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ricky + 5 mil of cap space for Teague + Okogie

Was it worth it? I know I'd rather have Ricky over Teague.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:14 pm Ricky + 5 mil of cap space for Teague + Okogie

Agreed, but I do love me some Okogie as well.
Spoiler:
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:14 pm Ricky + 5 mil of cap space for Teague + Okogie

Technically I'd say + whatever you get for Teague's expiring deal in a trade too....if that happens.

The team ultimately wasn't going to be more successful if they'd kept Ricky, which is never mentioned for some reason.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Technically I'd say + whatever you get for Teague's expiring deal in a trade too....if that happens.

The team ultimately wasn't going to be more successful if they'd kept Ricky, which is never mentioned for some reason.
I'll be fairly surprised if they used his contract for anything. Seems to me like Glen and co believe they're too close to the luxury tax line.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Wouldn't trade Okogie straight up for Ricky.

Really doesn't matter. This team isn't much better with Rubio or Teague.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm Wouldn't trade Okogie straight up for Ricky.

Really doesn't matter. This team isn't much better with Rubio or Teague.
Were better with Rubio. Hes a better defender by far and keeps guys involved. The occasional decent game by Teague doesn't compare to what Rubio gives you overall.

But if Rubio isn't your long term answer and okogie becomes a rotational player of some value then it was a good deal.
The point I was trying to make is this team isn't making the playoffs with either with the lineup as is.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

If they would of went after Rubio instead of Russell he would be here but I heard he didn’t like being the second option/choice.

Good luck to him with the suns
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I loved Rubio, but I can totally acknowledge how others did not like his game. He seems to be the most polarising player we ever had.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 am
morneaumvp wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Rosas (Twolves Marketing) sent me a personal e-mail addressed to me (form letter - insert name here) titled “Letter To Our Fans”. It was an e-mail talking about their vision and the steps toward that this summer along with thanking fans like myself for their support and looking forward to hopefully seeing fans like me at the Target Center this season. Yes it was a generic form letter, but it was a nice touch out the organization and the marketing team instead of just sending out e-mails from the sales teams begging for ticket sales at ridiculous prices.

I still wish Rosas had gotten a PG (Garland or White instead of Culver) in the draft in order to replace Teague and start figuring that position out for the future, but the fact this organization seems to be reaching out and trying to connect back to the fanbase after shutting the fans out under Thibbs is enough to get me a little excited for the upcoming season (it doesn’t take much).

I like the organization moves that the team has made and the forward vision they say they have and seem to be backing up when it comes to developing and supporting their own players here in the future.

I am good for now and looking forward to the new season, plus watching Cousins in any meaningful games may cause me to rip my eyes out and curse Spielman’s name in vain.

(Thanks for the ribbing) ;)

:lol: Well alright then, lets enjoy the season. :beer:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

The Ricky/Teague thing is oddly analogous to the Teddy/Cousins discussion in purple chat. In both cases there are reasons to prefer either player. In both cases neither player is good enough to ultimately get the job done. In both cases one player is frequently referred to by his first name while the other is referred to by his last name.

- Carl Jung
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 pm

The Ricky/Teague thing is oddly analogous to the Teddy/Cousins discussion in purple chat. In both cases there are reasons to prefer either player. In both cases neither player is good enough to ultimately get the job done. In both cases one player is frequently referred to by his first name while the other is referred to by his last name.
I think us fans of MN sports just have a weird thing for underdogs and reclamation projects. Like we can fix them with our kindness and acceptance... Until they throw an interception in the endzone on a game winning drive IN THE REDZONE IN THE FORTH FUCKING QUARTER AGAINST THE MOTHER FUCKING PACKERS AT LAMBEAU FIELD!

FUCK!!!!
The flaw here is that Cousins wasn’t signed for 3yr at $84m as an underdog or a reclamation project, he was supposed to be a vet still a bit on the rise and only needed a bit of an O-Line to be a superstar - there was nothing to fix on his end. Now we know he has a fatal flaw......PRESSURE....pressure in the pocket, pressure of a big game, pressure of a big moment......he crumbles and fails under it.

The rest though is SPOT FUCKING ON!!!!! :lol: :thumbsup:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 pm I loved Rubio, but I can totally acknowledge how others did not like his game. He seems to be the most polarising player we ever had.
I agree. My memory isn't great, but I remember rubes wanting his ass gone after every missed layup.
We are always living thru hindsight I guess.
Some even wanted Tyus to start ahead of him. :irked:
Swaggy Pie

Post by Swaggy Pie »

SI's Top-100:

100. Andrew Wiggins
90. Zach LaVine
87. Jeff Teague
73. Ricky Rubio
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 pm I loved Rubio, but I can totally acknowledge how others did not like his game. He seems to be the most polarising player we ever had.
I agree. My memory isn't great, but I remember rubes wanting his ass gone after every missed layup.
We are always living thru hindsight I guess.
Some even wanted Tyus to start ahead of him. :irked:
I am a Rubiobo, always have been. I can admit the clear flaws and weaknesses in his game. Just like I could admit that KG never had the kill shot in him like Kobe or others did. KG needed Allen and more importantly Pierce to take the last shot in order to win a championship.

The reason I liked them (KG and Rubio) was that they were leaders, but they lead by trying to make the others around them great. They appeared to me to be players who defined their success by the TEAM’s success not their individual success. They were not perfect players - but they for me seemed to be cut from the same mold. Of course KG had far more talent than Rubio, but I put them as equals as far as heart on the floor and for their teams went.

You know because of his pride in his country and his love for the game that winning the FIBA World Cup is probably just as big if not bigger than winning an NBA Championship for Rubio.

Good for him.

It’s sounds like the Wolves had a plan to go after him, but the Suns moved on him faster than Rosas did. I actually find it encouraging that the Wolves recognized that Rubio was the type of player they wanted on this Team. Maybe they can find others like him instead.

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Me too. Love was that player though, I'm pretty certain.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

I think Rubio whole tenure in Minnesota was cheated. He never really got a coach who believed in him. Maybe Flip, but all the other Head Coaches didn’t. Yes I do see his flawed game but he makes it up in other places.

One thing that you notice about everywhere Rubio goes, is the guys love playing with him.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Ha, that's pretty interesting. Nice comparison.