Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** 2019 Media Day - Training Camp - Preseason ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: *** 2019 Media Day - Training Camp - Preseason ***

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:20 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:54 pm
thinktank wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am

There was an intention not to hamstring the team for future off seasons.

It was critical that we do that, and we did, so I’m actually more excited than years past.

Culver is going to wow folks. Prepare for a wave of Culver enthusiasm.
You know what, I think I'll get crazy excited when we start playing and actually producing a product on the floor. That's probably the best thing imaginable.
The Wolves have done a good job of using the marketing team and trying to connect to the fans again. For that alone I am more positive. On top of that the thought of no more of Thibb’s TimberBulls playing back to the future basketball and hopefully the Wolves playing with some excitement and joy again has me ready for the season to start.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
The do play a lot of videos of Ryan. He really is just like Flip in the sense "he is one of us", not some hire that has no real allegiance to Minnesota. I really enjoy seeing that.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm

You know what, I think I'll get crazy excited when we start playing and actually producing a product on the floor. That's probably the best thing imaginable.
The Wolves have done a good job of using the marketing team and trying to connect to the fans again. For that alone I am more positive. On top of that the thought of no more of Thibb’s TimberBulls playing back to the future basketball and hopefully the Wolves playing with some excitement and joy again has me ready for the season to start.

The do play a lot of videos of Ryan. He really is just like Flip in the sense "he is one of us", not some hire that has no real allegiance to Minnesota. I really enjoy seeing that.
He’s younger and seems like he can relate better to this generation of players. They appear to have a solid staff behind him and supporting him, so I’m not nearly as worried as some here are of these players taking advantage of him. I think there is enough other staff in place to call that shit out.

Let’s Go!

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Last edited by memyworld on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Culture is a big component to success. It is nice to see the team forcing glen daddy to pony up all these team trips and somebody's paying that dj. In short this is something we have never seen with out franchise. At least they are walking the walk this time unlike Thibs who screamed culture mattered but did nothing to foster it. Matter of fact he coddled is bulls players and that was about it. I had a manager years ago tell me that if you want to succeed and be in a position of power "act as if" you are already in that position. Hope this creates a place where players want to play.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

memyworld wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 pm

I don’t ever remember Jim Petersen being quite so effusive and positive with his praise.

Music to my ears! :rave:
Style

Post by Style »

My biggest takeaway is Jim Pete saying Culver is going to be a star. I could get down with that.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

memyworld wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:10 pm
Some bitched about Saunders not really doing much after he took over for Thibbs. It’s pretty obvious he had big ideas but no way to really implement any of it during the middle of last season.

Watching this training camp stuff and how these players seem to be connecting and what we seen from Jim Petersen......this just feels like night and day from the The Great Thibbs Oppression.

They actually seem to be building something, hopefully it’s real and continues all the way through the season. If this works and the. team ends up fighting for the playoffs, they could use these videos to recruit another stud like Rosas wants. Who wouldn’t want to be able to work in that type of environment?

j2j

Post by j2j »

Maybe we only win 30-some games this year, but I can't imagine how anyone can't be excited about the foundation they've laid down this summer so far. Put together a great front office and coaching staff, stepped into the 21st century on offense and defense philosophy, building a positive culture where guys play for each other, avoided any bad salary cap hits, reconnected with the fanbase. The future is bright.

I'm hype.
Spoiler:
I mean Rosas fucked up, has no clue what he's doing,
and Ryan is too young to keep the players in line.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm excited for this team also. compared to last year's roster, there are far more players on this squad whose best days of bb are theoretically ahead of them. saric, deng, bayless, rose, taj, tolly, tyus, cj williams, and cam reynolds are all gone - and with the exceptions of saric, tyus and cam - the rest of that bunch are rounding out the end of their careers. it doesn't get better for them from here. replacing them are young vets whose best days of nba ball are very likely still ahead of them - bell, layman, vonleh, napier and wallace - plus three rookies - culver, nowell and naz. it just feels like something that could trend up as opposed to last year's team.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Lulz! For some of you to say your excited about this version of Pups is comical. This the TIMBERWOLVES we are talkin bout, things DO NOT go right for this organization and it isn't going to this year either.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm still bitter they cut Cam Reynolds. He was good last year! And cheap! Bah!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:19 pm I'm still bitter they cut Cam Reynolds. He was good last year! And cheap! Bah!
true dat. i would rather have him on the team than treveon graham - but it's small potatoes stuff.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Hornets wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm Lulz! For some of you to say your excited about this version of Pups is comical. This the TIMBERWOLVES we are talkin bout, things DO NOT go right for this organization and it isn't going to this year either.
Dear Moron,

Your standard for this season is playoffs. That is moronic in a growing year. You are a moron.

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

thinktank wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:42 pm
Hornets wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm Lulz! For some of you to say your excited about this version of Pups is comical. This the TIMBERWOLVES we are talkin bout, things DO NOT go right for this organization and it isn't going to this year either.
Dear Moron,

Your standard for this season is playoffs. That is moronic in a growing year. You are a moron.

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans
If you and otha dopes here want to keep believin, have at it! :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:19 pm I'm still bitter they cut Cam Reynolds. He was good last year! And cheap! Bah!
Me too. It sucks when you hit on a nobody for crap money and just walk away from it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 pm
true dat. i would rather have him on the team than treveon graham - but it's small potatoes stuff.
You're right it is small potatoes stuff. Ideally Cam Reynolds sees mop up time and that's about it. But if you have injuries or need a spark or something he's ready to give solid minutes.

I thought he earned every bit of that deal and it was fun to see him go out there and play well.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

thinktank wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am

There was an intention not to hamstring the team for future off seasons.

It was critical that we do that, and we did, so I’m actually more excited than years past.

Culver is going to wow folks. Prepare for a wave of Culver enthusiasm.

They might not be good. They might be in cap purgatory. But darnet, they'll have a lot of fun out there!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

when you look at the 19 players vying for the 17 roster spots, there's some interesting stuff that i wasn't aware of until i looked it up. it has to do with PT. six of our 19 have no nba experience - the other 13 have had game time on nba floors. here are some numbers from last season.

KAT and wigs had remarkably similar MP totals - 2545 and 2543.

teague and covington had small total MP numbers relative to their roles (1264 and 1203) - due to injury.

okogie played waaaaay more than i remembered - and it's fun to see a rookie get so much time for a change (52 starts in 74 games, 23.7 MPG and a total of 1757 minutes played).

my biggest surprise was noah vonleh. he comes to the squad with the fourth most MP last year (57 starts over 68 games, 25.3 MPG with a total of 1722 minutes played). we talk a lot more about jordan bell - and he IS the guy i hope makes a big leap and contribution to the team this year, but we might be sleeping a bit on vonleh. he took some big steps last year into becoming a viable nba player. i know bell played for the champs and vonleh for some stiffs, but vonleh got more than double the playing experience last year than bell did.

i'm bummed that we dropped an inexpensive, productive young guy in cam reynolds - but his "replacement", treveon graham, is also only 25. and while he appeared in only 35 games last year, he did start in 21 of them and averaged over 20 MPG.

the final bit is that jake layman played some big minutes last year for portland, a pretty decent squad. he had 33 starts in 71 games, 18.7 MPG with a total of 1327 minutes played.

i think there's good reason to hope for continued growth and improvement from a number of the young guys on our team not always in the thick of the discussion.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Dear Moron,

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans
We believe in nothing. We’re Wolves fans.

You’re the Moron that thinks playoffs this year are the standard. :lol:

PS. That’s very Christian of you to be such an asshole. Your god must be proud of you right now. :lol:
Style

Post by Style »

Dear Moron,

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans

Moses, an ok Froob, Scurry wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Lets try for a nicer kinder WC this year!

thinktank wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 pm
Good luck. I’m all for it.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Really looking forward to the front court make-over.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Style wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 am
Dear Moron,

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans

I love how you continue to ignore my saying I won’t be a punching bag.

Hornets comes down here and pisses on Wolves fans he deserves what he gets. Wolves fans are the “least among us”. If Hornets was a true Christian he would be championing our long runnin suffering. ;)

You can pull your skirt up too, btw.
Style

Post by Style »

thinktank wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 am

Dear Moron,

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans

Hornets comes down here and pisses on Wolves fans he deserves what he gets. Wolves fans are the “least among us”. If Hornets was a true Christian he would be championing our long runnin suffering. ;)

The mental gymnastics you go through when you screw up is fascinating.

You are really trying to turn him saying the Wolves have sucked forever into some Christian thing.

Someone else may take your bait and get in another long, never ending "debate" with you, but it's not going to be me.

Good day to you.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Style wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 am
thinktank wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 am

The mental gymnastics you go through when you screw up is fascinating.

You are really trying to turn him saying the Wolves have sucked forever into some Christian thing.

Someone else may take your bait and get in another long, never ending "debate" with you, but it's not going to be me.

Good day to you.
Then don’t start.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:28 pm when you look at the 19 players vying for the 17 roster spots, there's some interesting stuff that i wasn't aware of until i looked it up. it has to do with PT. six of our 19 have no nba experience - the other 13 have had game time on nba floors. here are some numbers from last season.

KAT and wigs had remarkably similar MP totals - 2545 and 2543.

teague and covington had small total MP numbers relative to their roles (1264 and 1203) - due to injury.

okogie played waaaaay more than i remembered - and it's fun to see a rookie get so much time for a change (52 starts in 74 games, 23.7 MPG and a total of 1757 minutes played).

my biggest surprise was noah vonleh. he comes to the squad with the fourth most MP last year (57 starts over 68 games, 25.3 MPG with a total of 1722 minutes played). we talk a lot more about jordan bell - and he IS the guy i hope makes a big leap and contribution to the team this year, but we might be sleeping a bit on vonleh. he took some big steps last year into becoming a viable nba player. i know bell played for the champs and vonleh for some stiffs, but vonleh got more than double the playing experience last year than bell did.

i'm bummed that we dropped an inexpensive, productive young guy in cam reynolds - but his "replacement", treveon graham, is also only 25. and while he appeared in only 35 games last year, he did start in 21 of them and averaged over 20 MPG.

the final bit is that jake layman played some big minutes last year for portland, a pretty decent squad. he had 33 starts in 71 games, 18.7 MPG with a total of 1327 minutes played.

i think there's good reason to hope for continued growth and improvement from a number of the young guys on our team not always in the thick of the discussion.
Plus we brought in Culver, Layman and with RoCoLo coming back healthy...Reynolds would have been glued to the bench.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

NotRasho wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm Literal bigot wants to justify his reasoning for dragging religion into a conversation then cries when called out for their perpetual assholery.

It would be like me labeling all homosexuals as assholes just because you are.
His/their/you in one hinged rant.

:lol:

Boring amd nonsensical =

NotRasho, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

thinktank wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:23 am
Hornets wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Dear Moron,

Sincerely,

Educated Sports Fans
We believe in nothing. We’re Wolves fans.

You’re the Moron that thinks playoffs this year are the standard. :lol:

PS. That’s very Christian of you to be such an asshole. Your god must be proud of you right now. :lol:
Hey, please show me where I said playoffs this year are the standard.....would LOVE to see that! BTW, Rube Tube does the same thing....says I said something about something and when I ask him to show where I said it, SILENCE! So anyway, please show me my quote! :lol: :naners:
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

Oh yeah? Well Edina is the new Gary, Indiana

:beer: