Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

How far into the season will we get before we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
salamander

How far into the season will we get before we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Post by salamander »

Since KAT isn't good enough to even get us there like KG was.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LordNu

Re: How far into the season will we get before we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Post by LordNu »

10 games.
YBBR

Re: How far into the season will we get before we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm10 games.
This made me laugh really hard.

For real though, I can see the team being decentish? There seems to be a lot of unknowns at this point with so many new players. Okogie hopefully has a nice sizeable jump being a 2nd year player. Wiggins and Dieng both actually finished the season pretty strong. Maybe they can carry that into this season. Karl will be Karl. RoCo hopefully will be completely healthy. Vonleh I like. KBD.

I can see this team putting up a decent fight for a lot of the season. Or at least I hope so.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 pm

For real though, I can see the team being decentish? There seems to be a lot of unknowns at this point with so many new players. Okogie hopefully has a nice sizeable jump being a 2nd year player. Wiggins and Dieng both actually finished the season pretty strong. Maybe they can carry that into this season. Karl will be Karl. RoCo hopefully will be completely healthy. Vonleh I like. KBD.

I can see this team putting up a decent fight for a lot of the season. Or at least I hope so.
There is every chance that this team could scrape through to the playoffs. We don't have headcase Butler now, and some of the servicemen we picked up may not get the stats, but get the wins.

Totally right though that we have no real idea of what we have. It's like this muddy item we have fished out of the lake; it's not until the mud drains off that we see the treasure.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

KAT isn’t as good as a top 20 player all time. Because of that, we will be eliminated from the playoffs probably around late March.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Mathmatically?

Probably about 10 or so games to go.

Realistically? I dunno... Christmas?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 pm

There is every chance that this team could scrape through to the playoffs. We don't have headcase Butler now, and some of the servicemen we picked up may not get the stats, but get the wins.

Totally right though that we have no real idea of what we have. It's like this muddy item we have fished out of the lake; it's not until the mud drains off that we see the treasure.
Rosas and Saunders molding the young Wolves from mud and clay, could be beautiful:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mathematically? Probably like March.

Realistically? Mid-January.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'd love if KAT was a good enough leader to get us to the playoffs. I really would.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

jodaman01 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:00 am

Rosas and Saunders molding the young Wolves from mud and clay, could be beautiful:

Oh man, I'd watch that!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 pm I photoshopped a pic of that rubios rookie year. Don't remember who I had on swayze, but demi was rubio for sure. Maybe it was pek?
Oh man, please dig that up if you can! :love:
T_J

Post by T_J »

salamander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 am I'd love if KAT was a good enough leader to get us to the playoffs. I really would.
KG would get this roster to the playoffs. Totally different era, but this would likely be the 2nd best squad he ever played on.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I just read an article by someone that probably gets paid to write articles that said he thinks the Wolves might grab the 8 seed. In that scenario, Dallas, New Orleans and San Antonio are the teams not quite making the 8 seed. The article also said Jeff Teague would re-gain all-star form. IMO, Jeff will be off the Wolves roster by MLK day.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

How far will we get into the season before the negative threads outweigh the positive? :scooter:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:22 am

I'm pretty sure Demi Moore is molding a 🐎 horse 🐎 sized dildo in that scene.
As your favorite troll account I am banning you for that.

I mean me. Wait..........I am............no

I'm not Abe.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:12 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:22 am

I'm pretty sure Demi Moore is molding a 🐎 horse 🐎 sized dildo in that scene.
As your favorite troll account I am banning you for that.

I mean me. Wait..........I am............no

I'm not Abe.
Great Shit!! Both of you. 🤣🤣

Those other ones she (Rosas) has drying in on the back shelf are monsters. She’s insatiable!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

:lol: :lol:

Oh you guys.

2 Live NBA games announced for free-to-air in Australia. There is more of a chance Ghost will be played instead of a TWolves game.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Now
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm calling playoffs.
j-one

Post by j-one »

I read that we were already eliminated when we drafted Culver - or was it when we didn't resign Tyus - or was it when we couldn't dump Wig - or was it when we traded Saric...
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 am I'm calling playoffs.
No Way.......They can’t win without Butler (just ask him).

Sure would be nice though.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

Just try to ignore 15 years of those pesky facts.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:41 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

Just try to ignore 15 years of those pesky facts.
Wolves were expected by many in the NBA to go to the playoffs the year Thibbs first took over the team. Instead he chose to tank that season and get a needed extra asset to get Butler. He knew exactly what Butler was going to cost because he tried trading for him before ever actually coaching a game here.

If you go just by the #’s though, your take is correct. For me it’s just not that black or white.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beginning of March

Actually knowing we won't have any shot...Mid December.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

I'll go with Game 64.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

July
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

Before Christmas.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

We’re already mathematically eliminated. The west is stacked.

It’s just entertainment at this point without the hope.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:08 pm We’re already mathematically eliminated. The west is stacked.

Who doesn't make the playoffs:

Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Mavericks, Blazers, Clippers, Nuggets, Lakers, Jazz

These teams could potentially make the playoffs in the east:
Kings, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Thunder
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:16 pm
Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:08 pm We’re already mathematically eliminated. The west is stacked.

Who doesn't make the playoffs:

Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Mavericks, Blazers, Clippers, Nuggets, Lakers, Jazz

These teams could potentially make the playoffs in the east:
Kings, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Thunder
This Wolves roster isn't good enough for the playoffs in the East.

I'll eat my hat if they finish better than the #8 seed in the East.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master