Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Question for those who went to games at the dome:

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
DonaldDouchebag

Question for those who went to games at the dome:

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

If you could go back in time to meet yourself, that excited kid or young man attending his first game rooting for the new team, what would you say to him? Would you tell him to buckle up for three solid decades of arguably the worst run in professional sports history? Would you slip him some cash for that Pooh jersey and tell him it’s going to great?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
YBBR

Re: Question for those who went to games at the dome:

Post by YBBR »

I go back and tell young me to tell McHale to keep Ray Allen instead of Marbury. Watch them ships roll in!

Edit: And keep rolling with Chauncey. He's going to turn out.
Last edited by YBBR on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

But this just creates an alternate timeline. That's a whole rigamarole.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Tell him to convince the FO to take Andre Miller who I wanted bad.

Also not to punch Wally in the face.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I tell myself to invest my life savings into Microsoft.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I tell myself to move to Boston, that their sports franchises will actually figure it out someday.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

I would slap myself and tell me to listen to older people and soak up as much knowledge cuz this franchise aint spitting it....yet.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:45 am Tell him to convince the FO to take Andre Miller who I wanted bad.

Love me some old man game Dre.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Mplsfonz wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:45 am Tell him to convince the FO to take Andre Miller who I wanted bad.

I taught his kid phy ed for a few months!
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺZ
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

I would tell myself to let Mchale know he should draft Shawn Marion and Andrei Kirilenko in the 1999 draft and watch the championships roll in. Honestly any number of players could have led to that in the draft,Richard Hamilton, Andrei Miller, Jason Terry, Ron Artest.
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

zeitgeist wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 pm I would tell myself to let Mchale know he should draft Shawn Marion and Andrei Kirilenko in the 1999 draft and watch the championships roll in. Honestly any number of players could have led to that in the draft,Richard Hamilton, Andrei Miller, Jason Terry, Ron Artest.
I agree that it probably would take the intervention of a time traveler from the future to help this team win a championship.

What would happen is that the you from the past would know all the players the Wolves should draft year after year but not be able to do anything about it aside from fire up his dial-up AOL account to blast off some emails that would fall on deaf ears. Oh, you could also give your prognostications to the other fans on a Yahoo sports bulletin board where you would be regarded as a mentally unstable Jodadamus-type. You would be worse off than you would have been otherwise - powerless to stop the unfolding disaster year after year. You'd watch the drafting of Johnny Flynn and know with a certainty that the next player selected would come to dominate the league for a decade and bring titles to his franchise.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 pm
zeitgeist wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 pm I would tell myself to let Mchale know he should draft Shawn Marion and Andrei Kirilenko in the 1999 draft and watch the championships roll in. Honestly any number of players could have led to that in the draft,Richard Hamilton, Andrei Miller, Jason Terry, Ron Artest.
I agree that it probably would take the intervention of a time traveler from the future to help this team win a championship.

What would happen is that the you from the past would know all the players the Wolves should draft year after year but not be able to do anything about it aside from fire up his dial-up AOL account to blast off some emails that would fall on deaf ears. Oh, you could also give your prognostications to the other fans on a Yahoo sports bulletin board where you would be regarded as a mentally unstable Jodadamus-type. You would be worse off than you would have been otherwise - powerless to stop the unfolding disaster year after year. You'd watch the drafting of Johnny Flynn and know with a certainty that the next player selected would come to dominate the league for a decade and bring titles to his franchise.
I would have to clip David Kahn's cable line to make sure he missed that 6 OT Syracuse game.

Also sure you could end up as a Jodamus type. But you would actually be right. :D
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

:cry: Somehow that's even worse than the hell we're living in now.
mlhouse wrote: ↑Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Good thing best buy kept a hefty stack of AOL 30 day trials at the front door. Yay dialup!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:23 pm If you could go back in time to meet yourself, that excited kid or young man attending his first game rooting for the new team, what would you say to him? Would you tell him to buckle up for three solid decades of arguably the worst run in professional sports history? Would you slip him some cash for that Pooh jersey and tell him it’s going to great?
Probably tell myself to stay away, the Wolves are cursed... and whatever you do, do NOT get attached to the Seattle Supersonics. As cool and awesome as they were in the 90's, you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment. While we are at it, don't get your hopes up for the Vikings either. Good lord, they will REALLY disappoint you in the most spectacular of ways.

Oh, and avoid dating women named "Lisa".