Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

NBA.com | 2019-20 Rookie Survey

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Mplsfonz

Re: NBA.com | 2019-20 Rookie Survey

Post by Mplsfonz »

D_H wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 am
T_J wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 am

I actually think he's overhyped at this point, but what the hell do I know.

I question how well he'll be able to get buckets when he can't get all the way to the rim.
I don't see too many players that will be able to stop him. He's kind of short for his weight, but 280 is still 280. I see a Barkley type of game for him. Career again depends on health, and like I said before, 280 is still 280. Knees, ankles, hips don't hold up well under that amount of pressure.

At least we can see him twice a year.
He is not even close to Barkley. Maybe physically wise but Barkley had a lot more basketball skills to work with.
Skills? Barkley didn't have many his rookie year. Zion can handle, pass and use several good spin moves. Barkley was a bowling ball running down the court and would get called for charges a lot. He was a space eater and just use his wide but shorter frame to clear enough space to get a shot up. Also he was a physical player and was able to get away with a lot more back then. Zion will not.
Thrillkill

Re: NBA.com | 2019-20 Rookie Survey

Post by Thrillkill »

I still have Naz with a better contribution this year and a higher upside than Culver. Not that Culver sucks he's just the solid all around guy that doesn't have anything he more than solid at. He's also got a lot more in front of him this year than Naz.

Naz is crazy skilled and has a chip on his shoulder now. Offensively he has a lot of Draymond in him. Range, handle, passing, instincts. If he can just give good effort on D and rebound like a guy his size should he's gonna be a baller.