Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

DeMarcus Cousins tore his ACL

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Dan33185

DeMarcus Cousins tore his ACL

Post by Dan33185 »

Moses Scurry

Re: DeMarcus Cousins tore his ACL

Post by Moses Scurry »

lols @ lebron.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Is this the end for him? Few come back the same from the achilles tear then the acl on top? If he manages a return he will be a shell of what he was.
My heart is family.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Is it wrong of me to say that I don’t even feel bad? I can’t fucking stand the guy.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Catalyst wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:27 pm Is this the end for him? Few come back the same from the achilles tear then the acl on top? If he manages a return he will be a shell of what he was.
Yes.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I think he'll rehab enough to get a look next year, but I would most likely expect him to never have a meaningful impact in an NBA game ever again. This, however, is just the tip of the iceberg for LA IMO. AD has been relatively healthy most of his career....but he's typically a lock to miss 15 games a year for injury, not rest. LBJ finally showed last season that while he's still awesome, father time is beginning to check in on him. Rondo, Bradley....they miss time like it's nothing.

Their star players missed significant time last year, and LBJ specifically is turning 35 this season. Their role players outside of Kuzma, are all injury prone and/or....not good. Cousins was their potential diamond in the rough....but he just proved he's like the other Laker role players, injury prone.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Man, that guy has lost a ton of money due to these injuries. It was only like 2 years ago he was considered a max guy.

Poor bastard.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

T_J wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 pm Man, that guy has lost a ton of money due to these injuries. It was only like 2 years ago he was considered a max guy.

Poor bastard.
He's still made between $80-90 million in NBA salary alone, so if he doesn't play another minute, I hope he's protected his wealth. But you're right, I'm sure he thought he'd be tacking at least another $140+ million on top of that.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I agree that long term prospects do not look favorable for Cousins. The achilles, the quad thing, then the ACL. He might come back and give you something but..maybe not. At least it's probably the end of him as a force in the NBA of any kind.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

RIP..
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Such a malcontent.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
populousample

Post by populousample »

memyworld wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm
T_J wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:56 pm Man, that guy has lost a ton of money due to these injuries. It was only like 2 years ago he was considered a max guy.

Poor bastard.
He's still made between $80-90 million in NBA salary alone, so if he doesn't play another minute, I hope he's protected his wealth. But you're right, I'm sure he thought he'd be tacking at least another $140+ million on top of that.
Did anyone read the NFLPAs lockout guidance to their players? If it’s the same financial mentality in the NBA he might be broke.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:11 pm Such a malcontent.....
If only he could have had a "Altuve type deal" He wood be set. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Vindication for Wes Johnson! His ACL is fine!
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 pm lols @ lebron.
I was kind of hoping he made for a good rivalry with the Clips. Even though I always hated him. What, like 5 years of being a puke and 5 years injured? There were probably 50 why didn't we draft Cousins threads on the old site. Just imagine if his first couple years he was coached by Rambis. He probably would have brought on the apocalypse.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

He'll be in the Big 3 next time he plays meaningful basketball again.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm Vindication for Wes Johnson! His ACL is fine!
If a Wes Johnson tears an ACL on the basketball court does anyone notice?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 pm
I was kind of hoping he made for a good rivalry with the Clips. Even though I always hated him. What, like 5 years of being a puke and 5 years injured? There were probably 50 why didn't we draft Cousins threads on the old site. Just imagine if his first couple years he was coached by Rambis. He probably would have brought on the apocalypse.
Kurt Rambis would be dead. DMC would have killed him. An alternate reality where it is Cousins Vs. Rambis is super intriguing to me. It should have been real, KAAAHHNNN!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm Vindication for Wes Johnson! His ACL is fine!
Lol :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Kurt Rambis would be dead. DMC would have killed him. An alternate reality where it is Cousins Vs. Rambis is super intriguing to me. It should have been real, KAAAHHNNN!
Kurt Rambis was in a fight every season he played. All I ever remember from Cousins was him yelling and then crying and back peddling when Pek walked toward him smiling. Cousins would have practiced against Pek twice and retired.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

I'm surprised you just didn't come out and say "uppity black guy". :|
Lampin'
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

There just had to be that one person to bring race into the conversation...there's one in every group sadly.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am
I'm surprised you just didn't come out and say "uppity black guy". :|
Nope, that's your take. Malcontent is mine. :roll:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

never have been a huge fan of cousins. too whiny, too bitchy, that face he's made for approximately 2/3s of his time in the nba - sheesh! if he'd have just shut up and played, he'd have an entirely different legacy now - because the guy was/is skilled as hell. and, had he stayed healthy, i think he would have absolutely killed it in LA this year slotted third in their pecking order.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

For him to have a chance, he is going to have to grind it out... lose a shit ton of weight where he is like 5% body fat.

In other words, he done.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 pm
His smile would
Brett

Post by Brett »

I love when Cousins is off rehabbing somewhere and not on my screen.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

From bad to worse

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/demarcus- ... isty-west/
Los Angeles Lakers center DeMarcus Cousins allegedly threatened to put a “bullet” in his ex-girlfriend’s head when she refused to let their 7-year-old son attend his wedding over the weekend, according to an audio recording.

Cousins’ former girlfriend, Christy West, told police in Mobile, Alabama, that the 29-year-old NBA star threatened her on Friday ahead of his Saturday ceremony with new girlfriend Morgan Lang in Atlanta, according to a phone call obtained by TMZ Sports.

“I’m gonna ask you this one more time before I take it to another level,” a man identified by West as Cousins said during the call while she was at a trampoline park. “Can I have my son here, please?”

West then told the man on the phone that wouldn’t be happening, prompting Cousins to erupt, she told police.

“I’m gonna make sure I put a bullet through your f—ing head,” the man replied, according to audio obtained by TMZ.

The recording cuts off at that point, but West claims the four-time All-Star also threatened to end her life “even if he didn’t have to get his hands dirty doing it,” TMZ reports, citing court documents.

West also claimed Cousins had previously choked her, but additional details of that accusation weren’t provided in her account to police. She filed for a restraining order to protect herself and her son from Cousins, although she’s willing for him to have supervised visits with their child, according to TMZ.

A Mobile police spokesperson told TMZ that an investigation into West’s claims has been opened.

Cousins, who is expected to miss the entire 2019-20 season after tearing his ACL earlier this month during an offseason workout with the Lakers, did not return a request for comment, according to TMZ.

Cousins’ son, meanwhile, did not make it to Saturday’s ceremony, but two of his former teammates at the University of Kentucky — John Wall and Eric Bledsoe — were among his groomsmen, the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

He seems nice.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Feel good story.