Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
YBBR

Re: The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

Post by YBBR »

It's like showing respect to a good post.

Yo, I can get down with this post. That's a +1 right there. imagine if you got like a +13 or something. Multiple peeps showing respect to your good post.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
j2j

Re: The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

Post by j2j »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:50 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm
Why does that make you lazy? That's crazy. I don't understand in my mind.
It wasnt Abe, but screw him anyways.

It was lawndude.
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 pm Because it's soooooooo hard to quote and then type "+1"??
:lol: :lol: :lol: when was that and how did I end up in Wolves chat??
Mod forum, back in 1983. Hell of a time. :lol:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
j2j

Post by j2j »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 pm It's like showing respect to a good post.

Yo, I can get down with this post. That's a +1 right there. imagine if you got like a +13 or something. Multiple peeps showing respect to your good post.
+1

Maybe if we all started +1ing posts we wouldnt be so angry.

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:55 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:50 pm

It wasnt Abe, but screw him anyways.

It was lawndude.

:lol: :lol: :lol: when was that and how did I end up in Wolves chat??
Mod forum, back in 1983. Hell of a time. :lol:
:lol: :thumbsup:
My body, my choice.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 pm

+1

+2 :beer:
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 pm

+1

This is why I try to do :thumbsup: and :beer: it brings about a lot of camaraderie in this place, stops it getting too serious.

Maybe we need a +1 emoji.
T_J

Post by T_J »

If there's a thumbs up button, there's also gotta be a thumbs down button for when you post some shit too.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 am If there's a thumbs up button, there's also gotta be a thumbs down button for when you post some shit too.
That was tried on the old site and boy did it not work out right. Mcnabb would thumbs down someone several hundred times overnight.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:37 am
T_J wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 am If there's a thumbs up button, there's also gotta be a thumbs down button for when you post some shit too.
That was tried on the old site and boy did it not work out right. Mcnabb would thumbs down someone several hundred times overnight.
Ha, sounds about right. Oh you know what, I do kind of remember that.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am
IIRC, he made Oh Canada leave the site because one day she woke up with like a -400 on a post or something along those lines.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

IIRC, he made Oh Canada leave the site because one day she woke up with like a -400 on a post or something along those lines.
I get a kick out of shenanigans like that actually....a huge negative number would be like a badge of honor unless you're just a known troll/asshole.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Fuck McNabb... he cannot hold my jock strap.

That was me that fucked over Oh Canada.... and it was fucking funny as shit.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

Wasn't McNabb, it was one of our regs that Im not going to out.
Spoiler:
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 am

Nvm he outed himself haha
Spoiler:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 am

:thumbsup:

That takes dedication, mate. :beer:

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Only 18 players in our teams history have players 5 or more seasons with us? Wow

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Working on that step back three...

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

memyworld wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am Working on that step back three...

Never missed a shot. Guaranteed all-star next year!

On a serious note though, I really hope a change in scheme will help get KAT back to this:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

He just looked way more dominant on offense in his sophomore year. Just a random stat but since KAT came into the league and for players who took at least 15 FGA/game, He ranks 4th in eFG% and 3rd in TS%

http://bkref.com/tiny/2fz7z
http://bkref.com/tiny/ffprH

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 pm Only 18 players in our teams history have players 5 or more seasons with us? Wow

That's what happens when you change course and lose intentionally every 4 years.
j2j

Post by j2j »

CONES! :lol:

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 am

Just a random stat but since KAT came into the league and for players who took at least 15 FGA/game, He ranks 4th in eFG% and 3rd in TS%

http://bkref.com/tiny/2fz7z
http://bkref.com/tiny/ffprH
Damn, good pull. Pulling the team along with him is the next step in becoming a true superstar. That's essentially what the top seven guys on that list are capable of.

Some of the top guys on your list have improved over their careers. When you search the same criteria for all-time in their first four seasons, KAT ranks only behind Shaq: http://bkref.com/tiny/k1Xz0. He actually has the highest TS%.

Interesting that there are only 34 players who have taken >= 15 FGA/G in that original time period. Wiggins holding it down at the bottom with Westbrook and Wall. Hopefully changing his shot selection and getting his free-throw percentage back to where it was his first three seasons (76% all three years) will help.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Towns does come off as a prima donna to me. KG even said the dude thought he was hot shit as a rookie because he was #1 overall and from Kentucky. He does come off as a little entitled. Also the whining about calls has to stop. At a dead ball, sure go nuts and have a talk with the refs I guess, but Jesus, dude get back on defense.

Great player, but he can rub some the wrong way a bit.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:25 pm I will never forget Sam Mitchell verbally dressing down Tyus Jones during a game stoppage after an extremely minor mistake and him calling a timeout to just berate him on the floor for 2 minutes. The broadcast had to cut away from the team because it was just Sam Mitchell yelling at him vehemently for really no good reason.

It was fucked up and made me embarrassed to be a Wolves fan. Yep, that's our head coach acting completely professional.
How about when he was ramming his finger into Zach LaVine's chest? There's a reason laid back nice guy Vince Carter body slammed that idiot.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

KAT's gonna have a lot of fantasy value early in the season.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:25 pm I will never forget Sam Mitchell verbally dressing down Tyus Jones during a game stoppage after an extremely minor mistake and him calling a timeout to just berate him on the floor for 2 minutes. The broadcast had to cut away from the team because it was just Sam Mitchell yelling at him vehemently for really no good reason.

It was fucked up and made me embarrassed to be a Wolves fan. Yep, that's our head coach acting completely professional.
How about when he was ramming his finger into Zach LaVine's chest? There's a reason laid back nice guy Vince Carter body slammed that idiot.
Sam Mitchell was bad news. What sucks is I really liked him as a player. He was the elder statesman on those early KG teams and he was a steady hand you could rely on. What's crazy is he's still 4th in scoring for the Timberwolves all-time and was only recently passed by Wiggins and KAT.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

TrueBlue wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:49 pm You guys are the worst.

Why do I come here to read your obvious played out pessimism?
Battered wife syndrome aka Timberwolves fandom?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
ImUrDaddy84

Post by ImUrDaddy84 »

KAT is good but not great. He cant even get his "best friend" to sign here...That whole article just to say 5 years from now we'll still be losers.
j2j

Post by j2j »

ImUrDaddy84 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 am KAT is good but not great. He cant even get his "best friend" to sign here...That whole article just to say 5 years from now we'll still be losers.
We didn't have the cap space to sign his best friend.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am
ImUrDaddy84 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 am KAT is good but not great. He cant even get his "best friend" to sign here...That whole article just to say 5 years from now we'll still be losers.
We didn't have the cap space to sign his best friend.
Well Rosas got Culver, he may have an impact at some point in the next 5 years. He doesn’t handle the ball and doesn’t create well for himself outside, at least he didn’t last year...that’s why his shooting went down....he even admitted to that. So he ain’t helping KAT or really anyone on the team very soon.

Rosas has picked up a bunch of cheap scraps hoping he can salvage something out of one or two of them for the future.....there are no stars that’s for sure. Rosas will have cap space after next season and that’s when we will really be able to judge him, I am sure KAT is taking that exact same approach and saying all the right things like he should. I believe if Rosas can’t get players in that period when he has money to do it, KAT will demand out.

jodadamus.