Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 am
j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am
ImUrDaddy84 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 am KAT is good but not great. He cant even get his "best friend" to sign here...That whole article just to say 5 years from now we'll still be losers.
We didn't have the cap space to sign his best friend.
Well Rosas got Culver, he may have an impact at some point in the next 5 years. He doesn’t handle the ball and doesn’t create well for himself outside, at least he didn’t last year...that’s why his shooting went down....he even admitted to that. So he ain’t helping KAT or really anyone on the team very soon.

Rosas has picked up a bunch of cheap scraps hoping he can salvage something out of one or two of them for the future.....there are no stars that’s for sure. Rosas will have cap space after next season and that’s when we will really be able to judge him, I am sure KAT is taking that exact same approach and saying all the right things like he should. I believe if Rosas can’t get players in that period when he has money to do it, KAT will demand out.

jodadamus.
Your trolling is better when you use facts to do it. Don't lie, you're better than that. I realize it's late in the summer, you have no new material to pull from, but up your game.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: The Athletic: KAT is ready to stand up for small markets and turn the Wolves into winners

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 am
j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:35 am

We didn't have the cap space to sign his best friend.
Well Rosas got Culver, he may have an impact at some point in the next 5 years. He doesn’t handle the ball and doesn’t create well for himself outside, at least he didn’t last year...that’s why his shooting went down....he even admitted to that. So he ain’t helping KAT or really anyone on the team very soon.

Rosas has picked up a bunch of cheap scraps hoping he can salvage something out of one or two of them for the future.....there are no stars that’s for sure. Rosas will have cap space after next season and that’s when we will really be able to judge him, I am sure KAT is taking that exact same approach and saying all the right things like he should. I believe if Rosas can’t get players in that period when he has money to do it, KAT will demand out.

jodadamus.
Your trolling is better when you use facts to do it. Don't lie, you're better than that. I realize it's late in the summer, you have no new material to pull from, but up your game.
Everything I said is true or I believe to be true. Culver in an interview stated he believed his shooting went down because he had to handle the ball more and had to create shots for himself outside with more coverage and he didn’t have as much time to shoot open shots (I read that in an article that was posted here after he was drafted).

The rest about Rosas is dead on, unfortunately if he doesn’t get players with the money he has after this season I believe what I said about KAT is dead on as well.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:10 pm
kilkenny wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:38 pm False, he'll ask for a trade in 2 years.
KAT is actually a super genuine dude. I think he'll be here for a long time.
Only guy I’d pay to watch on that otherwise worthless organization
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:35 am

jodadamus.
Everything I said is true or I believe to be true. Culver in an interview stated he believed his shooting went down because he had to handle the ball more and had to create shots for himself outside with more coverage and he didn’t have as much time to shoot open shots (I read that in an article that was posted here after he was drafted).

The rest about Rosas is dead on, unfortunately if he doesn’t get players with the money he has after this season I believe what I said about KAT is dead on as well.
Who handled the ball for Texas Tech?

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 am

They won what exactly. Also when a Team of equal talent was able to plan a defense around it, you saw the dramatic results in Culver’s #’s. He was atrocious when they needed him most. Culver even explained why he thought his shooting went down this season compared to his previous season.

Although the NBA will be much much easier, they won’t be able to figure him out at all while he is still trying to learn the position and what is needed of a primary ball handler and the players are much weaker.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:08 pm

They won what exactly. Also when a Team of equal talent was able to plan a defense around it, you saw the dramatic results in Culver’s #’s. He was atrocious when they needed him most. Culver even explained why he thought his shooting went down this season compared to his previous season.

Although the NBA will be much much easier, they win’t be able to figure him out at all and the players are much weaker.
Regular season championship and lost in the National Championship. Weird that a supposed basketball fan wouldn't know these things.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Although the NBA will be much much easier, they win’t be able to figure him out at all and the players are much weaker.
Regular season championship and lost in the National Championship. Weird that a supposed basketball fan wouldn't know these things.
Nobody remembers second place.

I think he was falling in the Draft because he didn’t work out for a lot of teams and the teams he worked out for picked other players. He worked out for Chicago, New York and Atlanta. Atlanta and New York passed and Chicago was dead set on White, maybe Atlanta would have took him at ten. Once players start to slide, teams that didn’t work those players out begin to wonder if there is something wrong when the teams that worked him out passed on him. Maybe the Wolves could have got him at 11.

His awful performance in the tourney was what teams remembered, maybe the Wolves got lucky to pick him.....but I think it’s likely Culver got lucky the Wolves took him because he was falling and each slot is another dollar off his contract.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm

I think he was falling in the Draft because he didn’t work out for a lot of teams and the teams he worked out for picked other players. He worked out for Chicago, New York and Atlanta. Atlanta and New York passed and Chicago was dead set on White, maybe Atlanta would have took him at ten. Once players start to slide, teams that didn’t work those players out begin to wonder if there is something wrong when the teams that worked him out passed on him. Maybe the Wolves could have got him at 11.

His awful performance in the tourney was what teams remembered, maybe the Wolves got lucky to pick him.....but I think it’s likely Culver got lucky the Wolves took him because he was falling and each slot is another dollar off his contract.
You're trying far too hard.

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Maybe rooting for players to fail before they suit up so you can be right about your draft take is why guys don't like playing in Minnesota.
j2j

Post by j2j »

memyworld wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Maybe rooting for players to fail before they suit up so you can be right about your draft take is why guys don't like playing in Minnesota.
I sometimes wonder if all fanbases have the same negative morons we do. My current favorite example is the Wiggins got burglarized thread where people act like he deserved it or that it's ok because they dislike him as a basketball player.

zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm

I sometimes wonder if all fanbases have the same negative morons we do. My current favorite example is the Wiggins got burglarized thread where people act like he deserved it or that it's ok because they dislike him as a basketball player.
Oh calm down. It's not like it was an armed robbery. Wiggins could replace everything he lost 20 times over without it affecting him. People were just making a few jokes, it wasn't a big deal.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
j2j

Post by j2j »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 pm
Oh calm down. It's not like it was an armed robbery. Wiggins could replace everything he lost 20 times over without it affecting him. People were just making a few jokes, it wasn't a big deal.
So theft is ok as long as a gun isn't involved and the person can just replace the items. :roll:

zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm

So theft is ok as long as a gun isn't involved and the person can just replace the items. :roll:
LOL The things you choose to care about or to be completely indifferent to are something else.

That was a pretty blatantly dishonest framing of my post though.

I'm not going to be upset if a multimillionaire loses his sneakers and luggage.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
j2j

Post by j2j »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm

LOL The things you choose to care about or to be completely indifferent to are something else.

That was a pretty blatantly dishonest framing of my post though.

I'm not going to be upset if a multimillionaire loses his sneakers and luggage.
Ok

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

memyworld wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:07 am
Hope Teague worked on his post game and pick setting.

Fucking morons.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:32 am

Fucking morons.
Is this a bit or do you not see how they'd work the PNR with Towns facilitating?
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:32 am

Fucking morons.
KAT is a unicorn center and the new regime is exploring new ways (in the offseason) to utilize his skills. They'd be morons not to be doing such things in the middle of September. But go ahead and continue with your hate.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald