Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Grade Gersson Rosas' First Off-Season with Timberwolves

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

What grade does Gersson Rosas get this far into his career with the MN Timberwolves?

A
8%
B
40%
C
21%
D
29%
F
2%

Total votes: 48

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Grade Gersson Rosas' First Off-Season with Timberwolves

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Just asked an honest question to get an honest take, didn't mean to trigger you.

My top choice was Monty Williams, but I don't think he was ever an option for us. Unfortunately we can't just force him to want to be here. Beyond that the options were shit and I didn't want another shitty retread.
I wouldn't mind Saunders if he was just starting out this year. Thing is, we saw him a good amount last year and it was underwhelming imo.

What's going to change this year?
Can't expect him to change anything midseason. He's covered that.
True. We will see. Hard to expect much with the roster that's in place also.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm

I wouldn't mind Saunders if he was just starting out this year. Thing is, we saw him a good amount last year and it was underwhelming imo.

What's going to change this year?
Can't expect him to change anything midseason. He's covered that.
True. We will see. Hard to expect much with the roster that's in place also.
Ignoring the last name, I'm just excited that it's a newer and younger coach, with new ideas.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Depends on how good Culver is.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 pm Depends on how good Culver is.
Or how good Coby White is. Passing on him could prove to be a giant mistake.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Decker23 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:09 pm
there's still the draft next year for PGs.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 am
Because of the depth at PG next year, I didn't really want us to take one. Worked out aces thus far.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 am
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 am

Because of the depth at PG next year, I didn't really want us to take one. Worked out aces thus far.
I agree, which was my point. White is a fine prospect, but I don't think he's any better than most PGs that get drafted in the top 6, so it's not like it was White or bust for finding a future starting PG.

I have a hard time believing it's going to be a "giant mistake."
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Second guessing draft picks when they are bunched together with no clear separation is dumb. People in 2013 thought Ben McLemore was gonna be sweet. I don't even know what team he is on now. People (mostly) only like White because of need which rarely works in the NBA. You take your guy, hope he doesn't bust. White in interviews sounds about as smart as socks which I'm not a huge fan of when it comes to PG's.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Catalyst wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:28 pm Not over, so why grade yet?
Agreed - ask this question a year from now.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 am Second guessing draft picks when they are bunched together with no clear separation is dumb. People in 2013 thought Ben McLemore was gonna be sweet. I don't even know what team he is on now. People (mostly) only like White because of need which rarely works in the NBA. You take your guy, hope he doesn't bust. White in interviews sounds about as smart as socks which I'm not a huge fan of when it comes to PG's.
Agreed. It's scary logic to roll with. Pretend for a second that Coby White stayed in school. Should we have just drafted the next best point guard at 6? Or 11? Simply because of need?

Our team is devoid of talent. Draft the best player available, then build a team.

j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 am Second guessing draft picks when they are bunched together with no clear separation is dumb. People in 2013 thought Ben McLemore was gonna be sweet. I don't even know what team he is on now. People (mostly) only like White because of need which rarely works in the NBA. You take your guy, hope he doesn't bust. White in interviews sounds about as smart as socks which I'm not a huge fan of when it comes to PG's.
Agreed. It's scary logic to roll with. Pretend for a second that Coby White stayed in school. Should we have just drafted the next best point guard at 6? Or 11? Simply because of need?

Our team is devoid of talent. Draft the best player available, then build a team.
You guys are the biggest shills of all time now. :lol: You don't even make an argument for your husband. :lol: You just claim no one can make one at all :lol: We all just have to wait. And then you narrow the focus and argue the argument. :lol:

Pull up your pants, turn around, and take a good look at Rosas for once.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:37 am

You guys are the biggest shills of all time now. :lol: You don't even make an argument for your husband. :lol: You just claim no one can make one at all :lol: We all just have to wait. And then you narrow the focus and argue the argument. :lol:

Pretty sure "Our team is devoid of talent. Draft the best player available, then build a team." WAS HIS ARGUMENT! Anything more?
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Did ThrillKill just get released from a mental hospital? All the "LMAO" emotes being used is a bit telling.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Poor Thrill. Disagreeing is fine, but the logic behind why is the key. Just wanting White because he's a PG is dumb. Wanting White because you think he's just plain better is a valid argument. These are the nuances you miss in discussions.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am

Poor Thrill. Disagreeing is fine, but the logic behind why is the key. Just wanting White because he's a PG is dumb. Wanting White because you think he's just plain better is a valid argument. These are the nuances you miss in discussions.
That's a good point. I don't even think I've seen an argument saying, "White does this, this, and this extremely well. He's going to be an allstar, etc."

It's just "we needed a pg and didn't draft one. That's a fucking mistake."
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:15 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am

That's a good point. I don't even think I've seen an argument saying, "White does this, this, and this extremely well. He's going to be an allstar, etc."

It's just "we needed a pg and didn't draft one. That's a fucking mistake."
That's been my question/complaint about the unhinged roobs. They skip right to the insults when someone asks why they've taken their stance. ThrillKill being the lead spaz. Maybe it's an inability to explain their take? Maybe their take is simply, "everything will always be bad forever", which with this franchise is a safe take to have, but it's lazy.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am Did ThrillKill just get released from a mental hospital? All the "LMAO" emotes being used is a bit telling.
You missed something big. Someone once made an account called Thrillkillkiller or something like that and went through Thrill's history and posted dozens and dozens of outbursts. I wonder if that thread is still up or if it got deleted.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am Did ThrillKill just get released from a mental hospital? All the "LMAO" emotes being used is a bit telling.
Yes he did.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 pm
You missed something big. Someone once made an account called Thrillkillkiller or something like that and went through Thrill's history and posted dozens and dozens of outbursts. I wonder if that thread is still up or if it got deleted.
That bit got banned if I remember correctly. :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Good grief....
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:20 pm
Way to "out" your own bit... lol
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Wasn't mine. :thinking:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

It did. I've wondered who was behind that bit...

Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm

It did. I've wondered who was behind that bit...
I WANT IT BACK!!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:29 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm

I swear on DR's Seville night!
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Any questions
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

And first glance its hard to be overly impressed. Or even like it at all. This needs time obviously. But as for first offseason goes I somehow with twolves glasses gave him a C but shouldve gone D.

I give some credit and do believe the path to dlo, but ultimately he had the choice to sign for GS now or wait maybe a whole day and sign with us. Hard to blame him for picking a championship team.

I also credit that its unrealistic for him to fix our team in 2 months.

The draft and trade I see as a positive. I am a Saric fan, but understand the hesitation with giving him a big contract next year and him only willing to play as a starter. And not being a great fit with Kat. So utilized his value while he could. Moving up to a better tier. I did like the options that ultimately fell to 11. And f Cavs for taking Garland. And moving RoCo to get Garland was rich. Wondering if FA happened before the draft wouldve changed things. Maybe holding onto roco as a chip he may have needed for a much bigger trade(ala maybe to get dlo/rid of wiggins).

Tho I question if he had a path to clear space for dlo, why not just clear it and give us other options other than just dlo. I didnt want to give up picks unless good protections. Amd obviously dont know what was offered or who else wouldve signed. But we closed the door on all but 1.

Drafting Culver is still a plus, like every single thing about him other than shooting(which is annoying) as weve seen what that can lead too.

In the end; I feel like our roster is worse vs better than last year.. Loss of Taj, Tyus, Saric... While only tangibly gaining Culver a draft pick we automatically wouldve included regarless of which one.

Just sucks that we were teased so hard just to be left with blue balls.

Still have pieces to help our roster via trade chips. But we are left once again hoping next years draft pick will be our savior.
j2j

Post by j2j »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm Any questions
:bow: