Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I’m willing to trade Towns just to unload Wiggins contract

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Subarudrivingsnowflake

I’m willing to trade Towns just to unload Wiggins contract

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Towns is GONE in 3 years or possibly less. We’re even further towards the bottom in the West at this point. There’s nothing we can do to change that with Wiggins contract. It’s not feasible whatsoever.

Why not get AHEAD of curve? Get a Monster haul for Kat and be READY in 3-4 years or less!! Kat can’t do it by himself anyway.

We’re totally missing the big picture here. Yes KAT will put up 25-15 a night, but it’s all for naught. We need picks.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Re: I’m willing to trade Towns just to unload Wiggins contract

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Who’s comin with me!
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Tough to get a lot of people into a Subaru...
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm down.

The Wolves are never "Ahead of the curve" though.

We will suck the next couple of years, Towns will want out and we will end up with a crap return.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Are you suffering from Towns syndrome?
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

t_wrex wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 pm Are you suffering from Towns syndrome?
Classic symptoms include....

-Whiny

-Non Alpha play

Side effects may include letting other dudes shit down you and your teammates neck in practice in your gym.

May lose balls as a result.

I kid I kid.

He does need to man up though.
Last edited by RubeTube on Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 pm I'm down.

We will suck the next couple of years, Towns will want out and we will end up with a crap return.
They would get a haul for KAT in 4 years. No reason to rush the trade. There are 15-25 guys that really matter in the NBA and the Wolves have one of them. Just need to get another some way.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:36 pm How many players drafted since towns was drafted would you trade him for? The odds of landing a player of his caliber is extremely low, even if we got like 3 top 5 picks.
Maybe Doncic. That's it for me
Jamebo Jackson

Post by Jamebo Jackson »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:35 pm

They would get a haul for KAT in 4 years. No reason to rush the trade. There are 15-25 guys that really matter in the NBA and the Wolves have one of them. Just need to get another some way.
I love KAT too, but no sir they don’t. He has the potential to be one of those guys, and the OP’s notion of dealing him now just to be rid of Wiggins is silly - but he is not one of those 15-25 guys currently.
“I am that guy.” - Amos Burton
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I don't think the Wolves will ever find another player as loyal as KG. I hope KAT will be, but I can tell he's a fellas guy, that will want to be in the limelight somewhere. We have two years to right this sinking ship. That's it.

Realistically, I don't see any way to fix this - and it is 100% the contract of Andrew Wiggins' fault. Getting rid of Andrew should be the number one goal for Rosas and company. So far, that doesn't seem to be the priority... which is concerning.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Jamebo Jackson wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:13 pm

I love KAT too, but no sir they don’t. He has the potential to be one of those guys, and the OP’s notion of dealing him now just to be rid of Wiggins is silly - but he is not one of those 15-25 guys currently.
Back to back all-star. He is definitely one of those guys
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm I don't think the Wolves will ever find another player as loyal as KG. I hope KAT will be, but I can tell he's a fellas guy, that will want to be in the limelight somewhere. We have two years to right this sinking ship. That's it.

Realistically, I don't see any way to fix this - and it is 100% the contract of Andrew Wiggins' fault. Getting rid of Andrew should be the number one goal for Rosas and company. So far, that doesn't seem to be the priority... which is concerning.
Sure, the Wiggins contract sucks but that's not what's going to hold them back. They have to find a star to come here. They could dump Wiggins tomorrow and it doesn't mean the team is getting any better.

I believe they can move Wiggins but they are not going to do it just to do it. You need to find a top guy you can get your mitts on.

Big free agents don't sign here and in todays NBA, that's what you need.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

This thread is 2 years early.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Should we all find a new team to invest our time into this year? How funny would it be if the Target Center was completely empty every home game?

We should plan a road trip to Chicago for a weekend to watch a Bulls game. Who's with me?!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm Should we all find a new team to invest our time into this year? How funny would it be if the Target Center was completely empty every home game?

We should plan a road trip to Chicago for a weekend to watch a Bulls game. Who's with me?!
There is really no reason to pay attention this year other than hoping they stack L's.

The Bulls are equally as shit.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jamebo Jackson

Post by Jamebo Jackson »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:22 pm

He is to this franchise, I’ll give you that - but those guys have gotten their teams to the playoffs more than one season.......and once they get there, those guys look a helluva lot better than KAT did in his first appearance against Houston. He’s good, really good. He has the makings to be one of those guys, and maybe he will be this year - but he hasn’t been yet.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I'm willing to send the whole franchise to Seattle then.

Go Bucks!
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 pm
They are not equally as shit. Shall we wager a bet?

The Bulls will have a better record than the Timberwolves this year.

Loser pays $50 to the winner via Venmo.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:08 pm

I already know you are not the guy to be betting with.

I don't care if they have a better record. They still will suck and won't make the playoffs. Both teams are 30-40 game winners.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Subarudrivingsnowflake wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm Towns is GONE in 3 years or possibly less. We’re even further towards the bottom in the West at this point. There’s nothing we can do to change that with Wiggins contract. It’s not feasible whatsoever.

Why not get AHEAD of curve? Get a Monster haul for Kat and be READY in 3-4 years or less!! Kat can’t do it by himself anyway.

We’re totally missing the big picture here. Yes KAT will put up 25-15 a night, but it’s all for naught. We need picks.

Terrible idea, Wiggins will be moved be patient.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:12 pm

I don't care if they have a better record. They still will suck and won't make the playoffs. Both teams are 30-40 game winners.
Timberwolves are not going to win 40 games. 25 tops.

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Jamebo Jackson

Post by Jamebo Jackson »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Jamebo Jackson wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm He is to this franchise, I’ll give you that - but those guys have gotten their teams to the playoffs more than one season.......and once they get there, those guys look a helluva lot better than KAT did in his first appearance against Houston. He’s good, really good. He has the makings to be one of those guys, and maybe he will be this year - but he hasn’t been yet.
One player doesnt get you to the playoffs. The lakers had Lebron last year and were trash. Judging an individual based on team performance is silly to me, theres far too many variables to lay that kind of blame or praise. Based on all the statistics we have come up with to try to quantify their contributions to winning, Towns is absolutely one of those franchise players.
Kevin Garnett singlehandedly got worse teams than Towns has had to the playoffs almost every season he played here.......but set that aside, what do your stats say about my point on how he did against Clint Capella two postseasons ago? Keep trying to convince me.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 pm
Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm I don't think the Wolves will ever find another player as loyal as KG. I hope KAT will be, but I can tell he's a fellas guy, that will want to be in the limelight somewhere. We have two years to right this sinking ship. That's it.

Sure, the Wiggins contract sucks but that's not what's going to hold them back. They have to find a star to come here. They could dump Wiggins tomorrow and it doesn't mean the team is getting any better.

I believe they can move Wiggins but they are not going to do it just to do it. You need to find a top guy you can get your mitts on.

Big free agents don't sign here and in todays NBA, that's what you need.
The Wiggins contract definitely hurts as it impedes the team in obtaining quality assets that could potentially be used for a trade. Take Wiggins salary off (the years is the real issue) and you could find teams wanting to dump salary and sending picks to do it.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Why do we always want to trade great players?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:12 pm Why do we always want to trade great players?
The Minnesota way...It's always the best players fault.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Timberwolves are not going to win 40 games. 25 tops.
I don't think they will win 40 either. They are going to win more than 25 imo but i hope you are right.

I have said before i think they win 32.

The Bulls are not winning 40 either. I say they win 36.

Both trash teams. Wolves at least have a Towns. Bulls have a better overall roster but no star.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

What if Culver turned into Scottie Pippen? Oops, guess we shouldn't have traded one of the best offensive bigmen in the game.

The exaggerated point being, you have no clue what the fuck is going to happen. Could the players suck, yes. Could someone turnout to be awesome, yes. You don't know, so this whole pre-emptive trade line of reasoning is just typical idiot talk.

He leaves, he leaves.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Jamebo Jackson wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:22 pm

He is to this franchise, I’ll give you that - but those guys have gotten their teams to the playoffs more than one season.......and once they get there, those guys look a helluva lot better than KAT did in his first appearance against Houston. He’s good, really good. He has the makings to be one of those guys, and maybe he will be this year - but he hasn’t been yet.
He's literally Dirk.

You mean the playoff series where the coach put him in literally the worst possible position to succeed?

And the " the other guys got their team to the playoffs " argument is just dumb. He had no chance last year and I'd argue he was the biggest reason the streak ended
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Please name 25 better players. Also, Karl apologizes for not being one of the top 20 all-time greatest players like KG. How dare he.

Team was cruising to a 3-4 seed with one other top 20 player on this team, guy can't win. KG's first two playoff series: 17/9 and then 15/9. Should have traded his ass, guy turned out to be a bum just like his first playoffs showed.

Probably better you stayed away.