Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Westbrook to rockets for Cp3 and picks

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mlhouse

Re: Westbrook to rockets for Cp3 and picks

Post by mlhouse »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:00 am
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am

....and still the second and on several nights the best player on the Wolves roster.

Covington can’t be relied on for nothing and will likely be out several games this season (I will take bets on that), Okogie just flat out is Corey Brewer 2.0 (but with an even worse shot), and Culver is a young pup who is going to have to learn how to play in the NBA and find out what parts of his game translate to the NBA (so who knows what he is).

CP3 would actually help this Team win, but the Wolves can only throw Wiggins in that deal for me, the Wolves just can’t give up anymore talent this season or there is no point in even watching.

If the Wolves plan on utilizing Teague as a starter, does anyone honestly believe he will help Towns, Okogie and Culver have success on the court? Watching Teague, there isn’t one player on the team that didn’t benefit when he wasn’t on the floor.

Rosas has made himself a pretty nasty little puzzle to try and solve over the next two seasons. His 3rd season will determine his fate.
The real problem with the WOlves offseason is that we do not have a single player at the point guard spot that is signed for next season.

Playing Jeff Teague will be a huge mistake no matter how well he plays. He is just playing for his next contract with another team next offseason. Beyond Teague we have a minimum contract trade throw in and a waiver wire pickup with one year on their contract. Pretty tough to build any real depth when that is what we have.
I think every PG they have and many of the other players are on one year “bets” by Rosas. IMO that’s a pretty fucked up way to evaluate - any player can have one great year to get a contract only to revert to form, or once they aren’t getting the time or play they hoped for to get angry and just not give a shit.

You give these types of deals when you have no money and really have no clue what you are going to use the players for. The guy from Portland is the only pickup they plan to play and develop the majority of the rest are likely gone after this season.

In keeping Wiggins they are basically making him the linchpin to any success they have this season. Saunders can motivate him and use him properly, it will all depend if Wiggins believes he has ownership in the team’s success or if he just has a GM that wants to get rid of him. I don’t think Rosas has made Saunders job any easier this season, in fact he has made Saunders job next to impossible with this shit summer so far.
I totally agree that Wiggins is the critical factor and the team must do everything in their power to help him reach his upside along with Towns. IF we get the kid who averaged 23.6 points per game and often dominated at least stretches paired with Towns we will take a step forward. If the new coaching staff decides taht they are going to play old school basketball in a style that doesnt work well with Towns and Wiggins, it will be a step backwards.

Put in an offense that maximizes spacing, hopefully has some movement, with decent shooters, isolate Towns and WIggins and I think we can develop into a playoff team. Not a contender, but a team that competes for the lower range of playoff spots. If it fails, then we will go back to the drawing board again. But this is our only card to play.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

^Newsflash Wiggins is in year 6, he is what he is.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:29 am ^Newsflash Wiggins is in year 6, he is what he is.
Totally disagree but you can have your own opinion. Put Wiggins in the right offense and he can still develop into a star. Put him in the clunky Wolves offense without spacing and adiditonal shooters, it is difficult for any wing player to thrive.

I do agree that Wiggins needs to step up his play. If there were other alternatives, maybe I would have a different opinion. But newsflash, there isn't. Right now we are going to go as far as Towns and Wiggins can carry us.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Interesting Wiggins turn on this thread.

At this point, Wiggins really only has one NBA skill that translates into "star" potential - he has quick hops. His shooting, dribbling and defense are below average. His passing and BB IQ are probably average (which isn't saying much in today's NBA). All that said, his overall lack of aggression has been his primary downfall these past couple of years. Butler showing up translated into Wiggins deferring even more. I"m not sure Wiggins can regain a needed spark of aggression and sense of urgency. He simply is too comfortable playing video games and scoring points on a middling team. One final etching on Wiggin's star potential tombstone, Wiggins has never really made a teammate better.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Here's a good question, what exactly about Wiggins makes him better then say someone like TJ Warren? Because he isn't.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

qrocks wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 pm Interesting Wiggins turn on this thread.

At this point, Wiggins really only has one NBA skill that translates into "star" potential - he has quick hops. His shooting, dribbling and defense are below average. His passing and BB IQ are probably average (which isn't saying much in today's NBA). All that said, his overall lack of aggression has been his primary downfall these past couple of years. Butler showing up translated into Wiggins deferring even more. I"m not sure Wiggins can regain a needed spark of aggression and sense of urgency. He simply is too comfortable playing video games and scoring points on a middling team. One final etching on Wiggin's star potential tombstone, Wiggins has never really made a teammate better.
Exactly, his effort level makes him even more maddening. Every analyst in this league has nailed him as a guy who has no heart for the game.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:37 pm
qrocks wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 pm Interesting Wiggins turn on this thread.

Exactly, his effort level makes him even more maddening. Every analyst in this league has nailed him as a guy who has no heart for the game.
Most analysts parrot each other. Many here cried like little bitches when Kenny Smith, Barkley and the rest of the TNT crew savaged Thibbs for running a shitty old offensive system and said they hated watching his shit. So many here pointed at stats and other shit to say how wrong and stupid they were......now all of a sudden they are dead right though.

Funny turn of events.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Most analysts parrot each other. Many here cried like little bitches when Kenny Smith, Barkley and the rest of the TNT crew savaged Thibbs for running a shitty old offensive system and said they hated watching his shit. So many here pointed at stats and other shit to say how wrong and stupid they were......now all of a sudden they are dead right though.

Funny turn of events.

So are the analyst right or wrong, seems like you argued against yourself there :lol:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Funny turn of events.

Many? Doubtful.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:49 am
That is brilliant.

:thumbsup: :lol:
T_J

Post by T_J »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Funny turn of events.

So are the analyst right or wrong, seems like you argued against yourself there :lol:
The analysts just copy each other and don't know what they're talking about but I'm going to use them to help make my point when it suits me.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:49 am
LOLOLOLOL!

Fantastic! The facial expression on the block is hilarious!