Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Westbrook to rockets for Cp3 and picks

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Small Hands

Re: Westbrook to rockets for Cp3 and picks

Post by Small Hands »

thinktank wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am
witljon wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 am
Asshole wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 pm Blessing in disguise.

So many times it’s what you don’t do that matters.

Develop.

Be not afraid.
The Wolves don’t do much....
We do tho. This is what I’m saying:

Dieng
Teague
Wiggins

All bad deals.
Two of those three we failed to develop.
T_J

Post by T_J »

populousample wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:34 am Not that it matters but Teague and CP3 do not like each other. Wake Forest thing.
Can you fill me in on that one? It wouldn't take much for someone not to like Chris Paul, but how does sharing Wake factor in?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:38 pm There it is

How do you post a Twitter screen shot like that? Do you just copy the 'link' ?
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

CP3 is that one friend that when he gets drunk and everyone gets annoyed of him. Except it’s when CP3 plays basketball that everyone get annoyed.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 am
morneaumvp wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:38 pm There it is

How do you post a Twitter screen shot like that? Do you just copy the 'link' ?
Yes.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am
Asshole wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am
witljon wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 am

The Wolves don’t do much....

Dieng
Teague
Wiggins

All bad deals.
Dieng had little potential to develop. He was how old when we extended him? 25?

We thought wrong on Wiggins, but again, it’s about what you don’t do sometimes. We shouldn’t have extended an offer when we did. We had more time to evaluate him.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Westbrook - my top non-Wolfy to watch. I can see (really, hoping...) Westbrook + team winning the title this year.
Harden - his ISO game immediately makes my thumb do a channel switching twitch. I really sort of enjoy watching Houston except for Harden's ISO stuff... Obi wan's block on Harden was my second favorite Wolves play last season.

I'm assuming Lakers make another move as there is no way Lebron is playing PG the whole season + playoffs. Kuzma + something for CPIII + picks helps out both OKC and LAL out quite well.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

qrocks wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am Westbrook - my top non-Wolfy to watch. I can see (really, hoping...) Westbrook + team winning the title this year.
Harden - his ISO game immediately makes my thumb do a channel switching twitch. I really sort of enjoy watching Houston except for Harden's ISO stuff... Obi wan's block on Harden was my second favorite Wolves play last season.

I'm assuming Lakers make another move as there is no way Lebron is playing PG the whole season + playoffs. Kuzma + something for CPIII + picks helps out both OKC and LAL out quite well.
They aren't dealing Kuzma. I would be shocked if they did that.

This is just a side note that has nothing to do with the above conversation. Can you imagine if the NFL players did what the NBA players are doing? All getting together and deciding where they want to play? It's craziness. I don't think I like it. I miss the 90's... Get off my lawn!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

CP3 to Miami for Dragic/James Johnson and Heat drop the protections from the pick.
Love to Houston for Capella/Gordon/2020 unprotected first.

Still think Portland eventually tries to make a move on Love. Whiteside/Simons/pick for Love?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 am CP3 to Miami for Dragic/James Johnson and Heat drop the protections from the pick.

Still think Portland eventually tries to make a move on Love. Whiteside/Simons/pick for Love?
being a Love-ball washer HOFer, I'm perplexed while teams aren't trying to get K Love as a strong third option. He'd fit in well in GS, Houston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee and LAC.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am
qrocks wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am Westbrook - my top non-Wolfy to watch. I can see (really, hoping...) Westbrook + team winning the title this year.

This is just a side note that has nothing to do with the above conversation. Can you imagine if the NFL players did what the NBA players are doing? All getting together and deciding where they want to play? It's craziness. I don't think I like it. I miss the 90's... Get off my lawn!
agreed, I don't like it either.
and outside of the wolves, i've really stopped watching nba up until deep into the playoffs. it's no fun, and the regular season doesn't matter. I watch alot of college ball now though, much better product in my opinion.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

qrocks wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 am CP3 to Miami for Dragic/James Johnson and Heat drop the protections from the pick.

being a Love-ball washer HOFer, I'm perplexed while teams aren't trying to get K Love as a strong third option. He'd fit in well in GS, Houston, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee and LAC.
Philly/Milwaukee probably will pass, Clippers don't have the contracts to match, Golden State could look into him once Russell is eligible to get traded. Houston/Portland/Utah all make some sense to me. Miami like Houston will be open to any player who has had a star label next to their name in the last 2-3 years.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Spitballing, roughly Paul and 2 FRPs to Miami for James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly O. is more realistic. It will cost OKC two firsts to get off Paul. Winslow would be a target for OKC to at least get a young guy. But they may not get that. Maybe just Dragic and Johnson.

K. Love is the 4th worst contract in the NBA on no planet is he bringing in both Capella and a 1st.

Man you overvalue players.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Spitballing, roughly Paul and 2 FRPs to Miami for James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly O. is more realistic. It will cost OKC two firsts to get off Paul. Winslow would be a target for OKC to at least get a young guy. But they may not get that. Maybe just Dragic and Johnson.

K. Love is the 4th worst contract in the NBA on no planet is he bringing in both Capella and a 1st.

I just listened to Windhorst with Dave McMenamin and Royce Young this morning. They brought up Miami, and I'm spitballing off what they're saying with regards to what Miami would give up for CP3.
There's a market for Love, maybe not big right now but wait until the season starts and a few teams think they're a Kevin Love away from contending.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm guessing the most likely trade is Dieng and Teague for Love and Wiggins for CP3.

Cp3
Culver
Bob
Love
Towns

Superbowl homeboi.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:31 pm I'm guessing the most likely trade is Dieng and Teague for Love and Wiggins for CP3.

Cp3
Culver
Bob
Love
Towns

Superbowl homeboi.
Definitely most likely. :drinky:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:30 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

I just listened to Windhorst with Dave McMenamin and Royce Young this morning. They brought up Miami, and I'm spitballing off what they're saying with regards to what Miami would give up for CP3.
There's a market for Love, maybe not big right now but wait until the season starts and a few teams think they're a Kevin Love away from contending.
That is all good, but even Woj knows it will take sweetner to move Paul. Mia makes sense since one pick they give them will possibly be their own back. Paul like Westbrook is an extreme negative, but worse. But it will get done.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:31 pm I'm guessing the most likely trade is Dieng and Teague for Love and Wiggins for CP3.

Cp3
Culver
Bob
Love
Towns

Superbowl homeboi.
Flip those trades around and you might be on to something. Dieng and Teague for CP3 and Wiggins for Love.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Cp3
Culver
Bob
Love
Towns

Superbowl homeboi.
Flip those trades around and you might be on to something. Dieng and Teague for CP3 and Wiggins for Love.
Get real j2j, your proposal is a pipe dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm
j2j wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Cp3
Culver
Bob
Love
Towns

Superbowl homeboi.
Get real j2j, your proposal is a pipe dream.
My whole life is a pipedream.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am

You need way too many guy's on a NFL team for this to ever happen. A couple of friends can go join a team but it really Isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

This works in the NBA because you can take the worst team in the league and if the right 2 or 3 guy's join, they can be contenders.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 pm Westbrook and Harden together at this stage of their careers is going to be really ugly basketball.
Thats going to be a nice big 3 when you add Amir Coffey.
Last edited by witljon on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 am
Small Hands wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am
Asshole wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am

Dieng
Teague
Wiggins

All bad deals.
Dieng had little potential to develop. He was how old when we extended him? 25?

We thought wrong on Wiggins, but again, it’s about what you don’t do sometimes. We shouldn’t have extended an offer when we did. We had more time to evaluate him.
Dieng has played more that well when give consistent minutes. Saying he can't develop is ludicrous considering in college he couldn't shoot at all.

Wiggins is not a tough minded player. So make sure he gets 6 coaches in the last 7 years and then make sure the last coach is one he likes. Oh, then have the new POBO tell him he loves him and then publically try to dump him. Because how can that fail.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Its true about our bad contracts and we failed to develop and switching coaches, but it still falls on the players.
They can't be content and lazy. They need to have that drive and bust their ass to improve their game
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

welcome to the real world son. when you're paid buckets of cash, you're expected to fully invest yourself and work hard. and if you don't, you'll find your team looking for other options. he's not a kid anymore.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 am welcome to the real world son. when you're paid buckets of cash, you're expected to fully invest yourself and work hard. and if you don't, you'll find your team looking for other options. he's not a kid anymore.
....and still the second and on several nights the best player on the Wolves roster.

Covington can’t be relied on for nothing and will likely be out several games this season (I will take bets on that), Okogie just flat out is Corey Brewer 2.0 (but with an even worse shot), and Culver is a young pup who is going to have to learn how to play in the NBA and find out what parts of his game translate to the NBA (so who knows what he is).

CP3 would actually help this Team win, but the Wolves can only throw Wiggins in that deal for me, the Wolves just can’t give up anymore talent this season or there is no point in even watching.

If the Wolves plan on utilizing Teague as a starter, does anyone honestly believe he will help Towns, Okogie and Culver have success on the court? Watching Teague, there isn’t one player on the team that didn’t benefit when he wasn’t on the floor.

Rosas has made himself a pretty nasty little puzzle to try and solve over the next two seasons. His 3rd season will determine his fate.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 am welcome to the real world son. when you're paid buckets of cash, you're expected to fully invest yourself and work hard. and if you don't, you'll find your team looking for other options. he's not a kid anymore.
....and still the second and on several nights the best player on the Wolves roster.

Covington can’t be relied on for nothing and will likely be out several games this season (I will take bets on that), Okogie just flat out is Corey Brewer 2.0 (but with an even worse shot), and Culver is a young pup who is going to have to learn how to play in the NBA and find out what parts of his game translate to the NBA (so who knows what he is).

CP3 would actually help this Team win, but the Wolves can only throw Wiggins in that deal for me, the Wolves just can’t give up anymore talent this season or there is no point in even watching.

If the Wolves plan on utilizing Teague as a starter, does anyone honestly believe he will help Towns, Okogie and Culver have success on the court? Watching Teague, there isn’t one player on the team that didn’t benefit when he wasn’t on the floor.

Rosas has made himself a pretty nasty little puzzle to try and solve over the next two seasons. His 3rd season will determine his fate.
The real problem with the WOlves offseason is that we do not have a single player at the point guard spot that is signed for next season.

Playing Jeff Teague will be a huge mistake no matter how well he plays. He is just playing for his next contract with another team next offseason. Beyond Teague we have a minimum contract trade throw in and a waiver wire pickup with one year on their contract. Pretty tough to build any real depth when that is what we have.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Utterly simplistic and short sighted opinion. That's just anger or frustration. Anger and frustration are the enemy of logic. We have all lamented the lack of player development by the Wolves over the years. Why is it that Wigs is exempt from that? Seriously think of how he's learned. 1 coach his Jr year of high school. 1 his Sr. 1 in college. 4 in the pros. Play in the post as a 2, no a 3, now you're a go to guy, nope, stand in the corner and space.

No one develops in a vacuum. We have given him no help. Just because fans think they have given him all the patience they have doesn't mean the team has done anything but hinder his development.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 am
Utterly simplistic and short sighted opinion. That's just anger or frustration. Anger and frustration are the enemy of logic. We have all lamented the lack of player development by the Wolves over the years. Why is it that Wigs is exempt from that? Seriously think of how he's learned. 1 coach his Jr year of high school. 1 his Sr. 1 in college. 4 in the pros. Play in the post as a 2, no a 3, now you're a go to guy, nope, stand in the corner and space.

No one develops in a vacuum. We have given him no help. Just because fans think they have given him all the patience they have doesn't mean the team has done anything but hinder his development.
Wiggins career trajectory was significantly upended by the Butler deal. I really hope we can kick start that again.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:32 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am

The real problem with the WOlves offseason is that we do not have a single player at the point guard spot that is signed for next season.

Playing Jeff Teague will be a huge mistake no matter how well he plays. He is just playing for his next contract with another team next offseason. Beyond Teague we have a minimum contract trade throw in and a waiver wire pickup with one year on their contract. Pretty tough to build any real depth when that is what we have.
I think every PG they have and many of the other players are on one year “bets” by Rosas. IMO that’s a pretty fucked up way to evaluate - any player can have one great year to get a contract only to revert to form, or once they aren’t getting the time or play they hoped for to get angry and just not give a shit.

You give these types of deals when you have no money and really have no clue what you are going to use the players for. The guy from Portland is the only pickup they plan to play and develop the majority of the rest are likely gone after this season.

In keeping Wiggins they are basically making him the linchpin to any success they have this season. Saunders can motivate him and use him properly, it will all depend if Wiggins believes he has ownership in the team’s success or if he just has a GM that wants to get rid of him. I don’t think Rosas has made Saunders job any easier this season, in fact he has made Saunders job next to impossible with this shit summer so far.