Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Another coaching staff hire - Max Lefevre

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Another coaching staff hire - Max Lefevre

Post by j2j »

We should have created a thread just for front office and coaching hires.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
irishman89

Re: Another coaching staff hire - Max Lefevre

Post by irishman89 »

Texas Tech...hmm...Culver connection.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm Texas Tech...hmm...Culver connection.
Wrong again dumbass. There is no way they would do that as Culver was a panic move that we are trying to trade because he sucks. He's gone as soon as we can move him...because he sucks.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Nice hire Rosas. What a joke. Clearly wanted Red Auerbach but had to settle for a fallback guy.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:35 pm Nice hire Rosas. What a joke. Clearly wanted Red Auerbach but had to settle for a fallback guy.
:beer:
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:34 pm
irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:31 pm Texas Tech...hmm...Culver connection.
Wrong again dumbass. There is no way they would do that as Culver was a panic move that we are trying to trade because he sucks. He's gone as soon as we can move him...because he sucks.
Yep, clearly they're trying to dump Culver any way possible. Because everyone knows Rosas fucked up.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Going to turn young brother Culver into the next Pippen?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:35 pm Nice hire Rosas. What a joke. Clearly wanted Red Auerbach but had to settle for a fallback guy.
Rosas is nothing more than a star hunter for his coaching staff too.

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Not sure how to take this comment. Am I a dumbass because both humans were at the same college last season? Leave out the first sentence, and you have a nice piece of snarky sarcasm. But, you didn't, so you don't.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Is that the same as this guy?

Also small spoiler, the guy at the start of the video in seat 2 is Bill Murray's brother.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:38 pm
Rosas is nothing more than a star hunter for his coaching staff too.
1...........2.............3..........4.................6!

Oh fuck, wait.

If he was going to go with another cover his ass move he should have hired someone from their math department.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

This is the only way to prevent Culver from demanding a trade.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 pm
Not sure how to take this comment. Am I a dumbass because both humans were at the same college last season? Leave out the first sentence, and you have a nice piece of snarky sarcasm. But, you didn't, so you don't.
It was a joke ;)

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:30 pm Is that the same as this guy?

Also small spoiler, the guy at the start of the video in seat 2 is Bill Murray's brother.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Greatest show of ALL TIME!

Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Love the comments on here the sarcasm is at all time levels :lol:

It is crazy how some have already shit on Rosas he was given an impossible job and nearly pulled off a miracle but because he didn’t some think he is a failure.

Jeez even Kahn was given more rope and he passed on Curry twice.
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

Joboo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm Love the comments on here the sarcasm is at all time levels :lol:

It is crazy how some have already shit on Rosas he was given an impossible job and nearly pulled off a miracle but because he didn’t some think he is a failure.

So True.

I bet we have Russell by Feb, 2020

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Joboo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm Love the comments on here the sarcasm is at all time levels :lol:

Impossible job? Really. He needed to get us defensive front court depth in a draft loaded with it and try to solidify the PG spot. He sure made it look impossible when he used 1st and 2nd round picks plus last year's starting 4 and turned it into 2 more 2 guards. Oh, and doing that lead him to cut Cam who was a great find on a cheap deal. Tell me how that's not a failure. And did he get Russell? No. He got Glen some cash. Well at least we still have the MLE to spend........................on the no one who is left to sign.

He is no Kahn. Kahn was just Taylor's mouthpiece and hatchet man. Rosas is straight con man so far. And why are those 2 extra 2 guards not playing in the summer league? You think it's Saunders holding them out? And don't give me any of that why take a chance shit. Why work out then? Why play regular season games? It's horse shit. You get better playing. But it's more important for Rosas to hide.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Impossible job? Really. He needed to get us defensive front court depth in a draft loaded with it and try to solidify the PG spot. He sure made it look impossible when he used 1st and 2nd round picks plus last year's starting 4 and turned it into 2 more 2 guards. Oh, and doing that lead him to cut Cam who was a great find on a cheap deal. Tell me how that's not a failure. And did he get Russell? No. He got Glen some cash. Well at least we still have the MLE to spend........................on the no one who is left to sign.

He is no Kahn. Kahn was just Taylor's mouthpiece and hatchet man. Rosas is straight con man so far. And why are those 2 extra 2 guards not playing in the summer league? You think it's Saunders holding them out? And don't give me any of that why take a chance shit. Why work out then? Why play regular season games? It's horse shit. You get better playing. But it's more important for Rosas to hide.
Nowell is injured.

Bitching about Cam Reynolds? That's how you know someone is filled with irrational hate towards Rosas :lol:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Nowell is injured.

Bitching about Cam Reynolds? That's how you know someone is filled with irrational hate towards Rosas :lol:
I was just reading that and thought the exact same thing....Talking about two unproven guys who could easily be very good players then punctuating that with Cam fucking Reynolds? I do not get what people want to bitch about Dario? I liked the guy, but not to the point where I want to pay him. He's tough for a euro, but he's not the defensive front court depth Thrill has a boner about. Rosas is building his team around his pillar that is KAT. He's drafting guys that can fit the mold of a couple different positions, and because he's been on the job for a whole few months, why can't we give the guy a fucking year to round out what he envisions. If by next year at the start of the season we haven't draft or traded for a PG and PF, then yeah, go ahead in bitch. Until then, it just sounds fucking moronic.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Nowell is injured.

The Cam Reynolds stuff is just incredible to me. You would think he was the next coming of James Worthy the way some guys in here talked about his loss. But I guess it's expected , these were some of the same guys pissed that Rosas offered Tyus 4 years 18 million, and then were perplexed when Rosas declined to match a 3 year 28 million dollar contract from Memphis.

Lefevre is an interesting move from the standpoint that the coaching staff turned Texas Tech into a legitimate power. Now the head coach gets most of the credit obviously, but that staff was regarded as one of the best in college basketball. I don't pretend to know what he'll emphasize, but he's a guy who developed players at a non traditional basketball school. Zhaire Smith lottery pick, Jarrett Culver lottery pick, that means something.
Last edited by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_J

Post by T_J »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Nowell is injured.

I was just reading that and thought the exact same thing....Talking about two unproven guys who could easily be very good players then punctuating that with Cam fucking Reynolds? I do not get what people want to bitch about Dario? I liked the guy, but not to the point where I want to pay him. He's tough for a euro, but he's not the defensive front court depth Thrill has a boner about. Rosas is building his team around his pillar that is KAT. He's drafting guys that can fit the mold of a couple different positions, and because he's been on the job for a whole few months, why can't we give the guy a fucking year to round out what he envisions. If by next year at the start of the season we haven't draft or traded for a PG and PF, then yeah, go ahead in bitch. Until then, it just sounds fucking moronic.
"He's tough for a euro."

That's probably offensive but I laughed.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Nowell is injured.

"He's tough for a euro."

That's probably offensive but I laughed.
Wolveschat isn't exactly PC, and history is on my side....euro style is more finesse than hard nosed, always has been. Granted, players are developing better overseas and they know the physicality has to be increased, but for every Pek, Bjelica, and even Dario......you've got a dozen of guys that fold like paper. It just is what it is...not meant to be funny or offensive. Based on the complaint of needing defensive front court depth, bitching about losing a soon to be paid Dario makes no sense what so ever. Just because he would have been the starting PF this year doesn't mean a thing, and again, is the exact opposite of what Thrill said we need....per his words.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Jesus Christ our bench is gonna be 3 rows deep with coaches.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

sh1mmyya wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:44 pm Jesus Christ our bench is gonna be 3 rows deep with coaches.
Just wait until they get a couple of coaches to coach the coaches
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm
sh1mmyya wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:44 pm Jesus Christ our bench is gonna be 3 rows deep with coaches.
Sorry papa Glenn, but you're gonna have to move your ass to the nose bleeds.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I enjoyed the fold like paper line. These euro guys are origami. Because they fold like paper! Hey yo!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Also it's not fair to compare anybody to Pek. The screams of his enemies suffering sustained him. He would put in headphones and go to sleep to the sound of bones crunching and breaking.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Yes impossible job when you are at the luxury cap we have the 9th highest payroll in the league.

Pray tell what great free agents we were going to sign for peanuts... then ask yourself what free agents want to come here.

It wasn’t Rosas who signed the fucking turd Andrew Wiggins.
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

He picked up Bell and Vonleh for pennies. Both offer defensive front court depth.

What you seem to be missing is the this team doesn't need a point guard or front court defensive depth, it needs a second star. That's it. Everything else and everyone bar Kat is irrelevant. Get the second star, whatever position it may be, then you look to fill in the roster around them.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Isn't that what Saunders is supposed to do?