Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KBD Should Start at PF

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
memyworld

Re: KBD Should Start at PF

Post by memyworld »

Prigioni calls KBD a five...

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

memyworld wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:53 pm Prigioni calls KBD a five...

His wing span is 7-4 so in modern nba it isn’t a stretch.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

is that the tank?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:39 pm

I guess that's what they mean by adding guys who can guard multiple positions.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

memyworld wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:18 pm
mlhouse wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:39 pm

I guess that's what they mean by adding guys who can guard multiple positions.
Still not really sure who KBD can guard in the NBA but the most critical think defensively in the NBA is team defense. Better individual defenders have value, but the having the proper team scheme and executing it is the most important. In reality, every NBA player has to guard multiple positions because of switching. KBD should at least be adequate in the NBA.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 pm is that the tank?
Sure looked like it.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 pm is that the tank?
Looked like Amir Johnson and Reggie Bullock too.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

That's not Reggie because Reggie just had pretty major surgery the other day.

I think it's one of the guys from Kid and Play.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm That's not Reggie because Reggie just had pretty major surgery the other day.

I think it's one of the guys from Kid and Play.
Oh shit, that's right.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Man, imagine if a few of our young players end up as solid starters, like KBD ended up as a Gibson. Second round steal.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

anyone but RoCo. RoCo can't handle the grind at that muscle spot. RoCo is much, much better off out on the perimeter. This will be a huge mistake which will only lead to rebounding collapses, unnecessary losses and alientating RoCo and fans.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Cool. Now that he's a C we can play RoCo at the 4 and Culver at the point and Saunders can coach the Vikings and rubes can be rocket surgeons.

The joke that is this team never quits.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:13 pm Cool. Now that he's a C we can play RoCo at the 4 and Culver at the point and Saunders can coach the Vikings and rubes can be rocket surgeons.

The joke that is this team never quits.
:lol:
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:38 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 am

Congrats, you just described KAT's career. He's always been double teamed.
It is likely to be even worse this season, and as the media starts yelling “he’s soft”, Towns will lose it.
The BUTLER has been calling him that for like 2 years now.
Fixed that for ya. 8-)
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Has he been in street clothes the first 3 games?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:11 pm Has he been in street clothes the first 3 games?
Yes, must be still having back spasms. Which is a bummer because I enjoy some KBD.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:17 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:11 pm Has he been in street clothes the first 3 games?
Yes, must be still having back spasms. Which is a bummer because I enjoy some KBD.
yeah, seemed like a decent find. Oddly, I hope its back spasms, and not that they don't see a fit for him. With that 7'2 wingspan, you'd think he could add some length to the PF spot, while still being a versatile enough player to fit the mold that Rosas seems to like.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Give my guy KBD Graham's minutes!! :naners:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Was he playing PF tonight? I am somewhat impressed with his stats.
j2j

Post by j2j »

LordNu wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:01 pm Was he playing PF tonight? I am somewhat impressed with his stats.
Mostly PF, though I believe there were a couple minutes in the 2nd half with him out there next to KAT and Bell.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 pm
LordNu wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:01 pm Was he playing PF tonight? I am somewhat impressed with his stats.
Mostly PF, though I believe there were a couple minutes in the 2nd half with him out there next to KAT and Bell.
That's sweet!! Stacked at SF with quality (RoCo and Wiggins, perhaps Okogie) so getting guys to play the PF is only going to help us. Covington should be a SF is my point.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

we're beating this horse to death. with layman, KBD, bell and vonleh - there are more than a few decent PF options that could allow cov to move back to his best position.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Kold Dirty Bastard?
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm Is "PF" the most worthless of NBA positions at this point or at best bottom of the totem pool? We ain't got no KG's and Duncan's no more. I mean, it can be a grey area C vs. PF but who is the premier PF's right now? Draymond? Griffin? Millsap? Giannis ain't no PF.

Don't spend on PF, mix and match. Spend elsewhere.
I don't think it's worthless....it's about pairing. If a duo compliments eachother, than whoever that PF is pretty important. But the era of KG and Duncan didn't have guys like KAT that at the five spot can knock down seven threes. We have an elite center that can do almost anything, but our main goal should be to have a guy next to him that cleans up the glass, blocks some shots, and works on the defensive end. I think we will spend elsewhere....because KAT is so dominant in so many ways. But it would still be wise to find out if we like Vonlah or Bell next to him consistently....they'll be very cheap on a three or four year deal.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 pm Kold Dirty Bastard?
You tried, but it's K B D

Kold Bastard Dirty
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

I want Bell and Vonlah to get more time....but Diop in two games has proved to me he should be in contention at playing alongside KAT. I know Rosas is all in on Dlo, and I have no problem with it, but we need to shop smart to pair a guy with KAT....Diop has great versatility thus far. I still like Bell and Vonlah, but impressed by his ability to a bit of everything.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

This maybe not as crazy as it sounds now......also Gorgui is playing well. Ballin actually.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

tonight's game against the hawks we got good KAT (28/13/8) AND good gorgui (13 pts in 16 mins) - so it IS possible to get good performances out of both at the 5 ON THE SAME NIGHT. i'd just run with that till proven otherwise. get gorgs 16 mpg and save the wear and tear on KAT.

PF is somewhat of a kluge right now - even if roco moves back to his best spot at the 3. if it were up to me, i'd split mins pretty evenly between bell and KBD, with a nod to vonleh if we encounter a team playing two loads at the same time. but i'm still looking to see what bell can bring when he's given some extended time. i'd like that to come with KAT. KBD pairs better with gorgui IMO.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Another year of seasoning and this kid is going to make a nightly impact. I'd like to see him stick with the big club for at least half the year so he can get coached up on both ends of the court.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Style

Post by Style »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm tonight's game against the hawks we got good KAT (28/13/8) AND good gorgui (13 pts in 16 mins) - so it IS possible to get good performances out of both at the 5 ON THE SAME NIGHT. i'd just run with that till proven otherwise. get gorgs 16 mpg and save the wear and tear on KAT.

PF is somewhat of a kluge right now - even if roco moves back to his best spot at the 3. if it were up to me, i'd split mins pretty evenly between bell and KBD, with a nod to vonleh if we encounter a team playing two loads at the same time. but i'm still looking to see what bell can bring when he's given some extended time. i'd like that to come with KAT. KBD pairs better with gorgui IMO.
At the 5, I also like the idea of Gorgui being the permanent full-time KAT backup.

At the 4, I like the idea of starting KBD, but using much more varied rotations between KBD, Vonleh, Bell, RoCo, and even Layman to matchup with opponents.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald