Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KBD Should Start at PF

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Rusty Kuntz

KBD Should Start at PF

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

That's right.. I love Roco, but he isn't a PF.. at times sure.. 6'9 with 7'4 wingspan, can hit the 3, and is pure hustle when he plays. We aren't going anywhere next year, let's give him 30 min per and I think we could have ourselves a starting PF of the future :beer:
Last edited by Rusty Kuntz on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Re: KDB Should Start at PF

Post by thinktank »

25% from deep.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 pmWho's KDB?
Kevin De Bruyne. Rusty is a huge Manchester City fan and he wants Kevin De Bruyne to make the jump from attacking midfielder to NBA 4.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Sounds like a rapper!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:12 pm
Kevin De Bruyne. Rusty is a huge Manchester City fan and he wants Kevin De Bruyne to make the jump from attacking midfielder to NBA 4.
Exactly! It's about time!

Edited for my boy Keita Bates Diop :beer:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: KBD Should Start at PF

Post by RubeTube »

Why the hell not. See if the kid can play. Nothing to lose this year.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i didn't see the game tonite. does he look like he's put on any muscle? i've mentioned this before, but in case you missed it, if pascal siakam can play PF in today's nba - KBD should be able to. they have almost identical physical profiles - height, weight, wingspan, vertical, sprint speed, etc. siakam's a little more muscley, but not by much.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:46 pm i didn't see the game tonite. does he look like he's put on any muscle? i've mentioned this before, but in case you missed it, if pascal siakam can play PF in today's nba - KBD should be able to. they have almost identical physical profiles - height, weight, wingspan, vertical, sprint speed, etc. siakam's a little more muscley, but not by much.
He didn't look any bigger, but he's still a big lanky guy.. If he pounds the weights for 4-5 months he should get there :beer:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Keita Dates-Biop!!!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:39 pm Why the hell not. See if the kid can play. Nothing to lose this year.
How about 3 boards in a summer league game?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:06 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:39 pm Why the hell not. See if the kid can play. Nothing to lose this year.
The team is not going to rebound. Rosas appears not to understand the the PF position.....either that or he just doesn’t give a shit about it.

Towns will be the active inside presence, he will love that contact with the bigger guys and being double teamed. Get ready for one very annoyed best player on the Team.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Not arguing in favor of KBD being our starting 4, still a long ways to go before that's determined, but...

1. He's the same size and length as Pascal Siakam, so that's not an issue. As in almost exactly the same measurements across the board. He's big enough, just a matter if he's good enough and has the skillset.

2. While we shouldn't get overly excited about positive Summer League performances, we should get too down on perceived negative Summer League performances. 75% of the guys on roster either don't have a clue what they're doing out there or they're only focused on themselves, so it makes it hard for the legit players to get in a regular groove.

Still 3.5 months away from anything mattering.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 am Not arguing in favor of KBD being our starting 4, still a long ways to go before that's determined, but...

1. He's the same size and length as Pascal Siakam, so that's not an issue. As in almost exactly the same measurements across the board. He's big enough, just a matter if he's good enough and has the skillset.

2. While we shouldn't get overly excited about positive Summer League performances, we should get too down on perceived negative Summer League performances. 75% of the guys on roster either don't have a clue what they're doing out there or they're only focused on themselves, so it makes it hard for the legit players to get in a regular groove.

Still 3.5 months away from anything mattering.
Agreed - take whatever it is you want out of summer league. Nice to see performances - you can at least usually see growth in someone’s game or if they actually understand the game. That’s what I will be looking for out of Culver. With Okogie - hitting some wide open threes would be a nice sight. KBD is a smart player and knows how to play, he is going to be successful.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

New type of drug.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:46 am
The team is not going to rebound. Rosas appears not to understand the the PF position.....either that or he just doesn’t give a shit about it.

Towns will be the active inside presence, he will love that contact with the bigger guys and being double teamed. Get ready for one very annoyed best player on the Team.
Congrats, you just described KAT's career. He's always been double teamed.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 am

It is likely to be even worse this season, and as the media starts yelling “he’s soft”, Towns will lose it.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 am

It is likely to be even worse this season, and as the media starts yelling “he’s soft”, Towns will lose it.
The media has been calling him that for like 2 years now.

shuttlesworth

Post by shuttlesworth »

Some serious Ryan Gomes vibes
j2j

Post by j2j »

shuttlesworth wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:51 am Some serious Ryan Gomes vibes
Gomes might have been a nice player in today's game. Some Tucker/Dudley to his game.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:05 pm That's right.. I love Roco, but he isn't a PF.. at times sure.. 6'9 with 7'4 wingspan, can hit the 3, and is pure hustle when he plays. We aren't going anywhere next year, let's give him 30 min per and I think we could have ourselves a starting PF of the future :beer:
I'm all for this. You know it won't happen though because heaven forbid the Wolves do anything cool.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

NotRasho wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:29 pm Bell should start at PF.
And he definitely will.
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

I think Bell, KBD and Vonleh are going to thrive playing with Kat and leave Dieng on the bench except when playing the Gasols of the league

That is if can find a point guard that can get them the ball in their spots.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Covington is too injury prone to be a starting PF. He won't be able (and doesn't want to) handle all the physical play.

At that point, KBD is one of the names we need to look at. I'm quite fine with giving 3 guys 20 minutes each (plus backing up KAT) until Christmas to see if someone takes the job FT.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KBD did a bit better in that regard tonight - 11. best rebounder tonite for either team.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:32 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 am
New type of drug.
I was thinking serial killer name... Kill. Do. Butt?
Why am I laughing? :lol:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like G starting at PF, KBD backing him up and Bell backing up Towns.

I think I'd look at a rotation like that personally, but we'll see.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

My boy is gonna go off tonight against the lowly Mavs!! :beer:

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Is "PF" the most worthless of NBA positions at this point or at best bottom of the totem pool? We ain't got no KG's and Duncan's no more. I mean, it can be a grey area C vs. PF but who is the premier PF's right now? Draymond? Griffin? Millsap? Giannis ain't no PF.

Don't spend on PF, mix and match. Spend elsewhere.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm Is "PF" the most worthless of NBA positions at this point or at best bottom of the totem pool? We ain't got no KG's and Duncan's no more. I mean, it can be a grey area C vs. PF but who is the premier PF's right now? Draymond? Griffin? Millsap? Giannis ain't no PF.

Don't spend on PF, mix and match. Spend elsewhere.
I would agree. They are probably the weakest position in terms of talent. This is not the era of KG and Duncan and Dirk and Pau which was a golden era of great and new breed PFs. Now the 3/4 tweener has made a significant foothold into actual PF positions. This is the era of the wing, especially SFs and Centers have been redefining that position as well over the last handful of years.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

That said KBD can ball. I was maybe not stoked when they picked him, but I liked his pedigree and his potential! It was a great pick at 48 or whatever. A lot of us were on board at 20!