Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves 2019 Summer League Roster

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
irishman89

Re: Wolves 2019 Summer League Roster

Post by irishman89 »

Ibrahima Faye is doing work. Swat machine. Crazy quick 2nd jump.
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 pm Do we like anyone else on this team besides Okogie, KBD, and Naz? Does Naz get a full contract at any point this year? He's never on the floor when I'm watching, but I hear good things.
I've loved Naz and McLaughlin...He's clearly passed Terrell in my book.

:beer:

The Hoopsguru is still lovin' Hoops :naners:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

It's a joke that our picks aren't playing. Bigger joke the excuse making here. Can not wait for the regular season to start so everyone can complain that Towns is playing. Why should he play? We're not winning the title. Don't risk getting him hurt.

Man I miss sports. Any of you old enough to remember sports?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:30 pm It's a joke that our picks aren't playing. Bigger joke the excuse making here. Can not wait for the regular season to start so everyone can complain that Towns is playing. Why should he play? We're not winning the title. Don't risk getting him hurt.

We just want to win Summer League!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:30 pm It's a joke that our picks aren't playing. Bigger joke the excuse making here. Can not wait for the regular season to start so everyone can complain that Towns is playing. Why should he play? We're not winning the title. Don't risk getting him hurt.

I would like the team I support to for once to try to get better for more than one year in a row. Are you aware that you get better at playing basketball by playing.............wait for it.................blackjack. Wait, is it basketball? I think it is. Someone quick go tell Rosas. Seriously why is he hiding them? Because that's what he's doing. I guess Culver is a finished product and we will get that shitty player who last played like crap in the national championship game.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:55 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 pm

I would like the team I support to for once to try to get better for more than one year in a row. Are you aware that you get better at playing basketball by playing.............wait for it.................blackjack. Wait, is it basketball? I think it is. Someone quick go tell Rosas. Seriously why is he hiding them? Because that's what he's doing. I guess Culver is a finished product and we will get that shitty player who last played like crap in the national championship game.
I would like to see what Culver is like, but we can't show everyone else what we have. :roll:
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

The thing that scares me is Josh Okogie looks just like another guy in summer league. That shot is ugly as hell, his dribble is as high as hell, and he needs to stay on his feet more or he's going to break a hip. Too out of control.

Luckily he's playing in summer league. They should hide him.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm The thing that scares me is Josh Okogie looks just like another guy in summer league. That shot is ugly as hell, his dribble is as high as hell, and he needs to stay on his feet more or he's going to break a hip. Too out of control.

He's our new backup PG right?
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

Okogie seems to play less out of control with more alphas on the court alla some NBA starters
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

Naz looking nice! Hoping a solid year in the G league and we could have ourselves a winner from undrafted land.
My heart is family.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Culver couldn't even play till a couple of days ago....what's the point, we already know he's going to be a future feature player....and our other scoring machine is hurt. Man I miss rationale.....are you old enough to remember sound rationale?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm The thing that scares me is Josh Okogie looks just like another guy in summer league. That shot is ugly as hell, his dribble is as high as hell, and he needs to stay on his feet more or he's going to break a hip. Too out of control.

He's pressing trying to be the alpha since he's really the most seasoned rotational player from last year out there. He will fall in line and settle down once he's in a reduced role behind Wiggins and Cov. He needs to work on his shot, but leaving his feet....his dribbling, I'm chalking that up to pressing. Common for young players, even a year in.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Machine2020 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:07 pm
j2j wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:47 pm Do we like anyone else on this team besides Okogie, KBD, and Naz? Does Naz get a full contract at any point this year? He's never on the floor when I'm watching, but I hear good things.

i think terrell's on the way out the door. damn shitty time to go cold - but i just checked and i think he's something like 5 of 24 from the floor for SL. mclaughlin is looking pretty solid though. and i still like barry brown jr. but wait! we just signed tyrone wallace and - yes - got napier in a trade. how many third PGs can we carry? is there a limit?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

digitalwolf wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Culver couldn't even play till a couple of days ago....what's the point, we already know he's going to be a future feature player....and our other scoring machine is hurt. Man I miss rationale.....are you old enough to remember sound rationale?
What is the rationale for Culver not playing? Because...............why should he? Is that it? Or are we not taking chances of injury with just him? Okogie can play? KBD? That OK? So why again? Let's hear that sound rationale.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:05 pm

What is the rationale for Culver not playing? Because...............why should he? Is that it? Or are we not taking chances of injury with just him? Okogie can play? KBD? That OK? So why again? Let's hear that sound rationale.
Those guys practiced with the team and coaches the two weeks before summer league started. Culver couldn't be around the team until July 6th.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Man I just wrote a post about you and your love for Joe Alexander in the 07 draft. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Glad you found your way here.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Neither Okogie, KBD or anyone else on the roster have wowed me, but there they sit with a 4-0 record.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Those guys practiced with the team and coaches the two weeks before summer league started. Culver couldn't be around the team until July 6th.
Exactly what Saunders said yesterday when he was with the announcers of the game. Culver hadn't even played 5 on 5 until after SL started. Didn't want to put him out there in that situation. The guy we traded for, pick #11, isn't playing either.
It's not an injury situation for Johnson, as fellow first-round pick Ty Jerome will also sit out due to a lack of practice and training time with the team.
But thrillkill is the guy that knows. :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

So is your argument that we are trying to win summer? Why would it matter if he practiced with the team? He needs a lot of work. He needs to play against better competition. He played poorly against good competition. So instead of getting him started we are gonna hold him back and let him face that competition in 3 months? Because why?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:07 am
Exactly what Saunders said yesterday when he was with the announcers of the game. Culver hadn't even played 5 on 5 until after SL started. Didn't want to put him out there in that situation. The guy we traded for, pick #11, isn't playing either.
It's not an injury situation for Johnson, as fellow first-round pick Ty Jerome will also sit out due to a lack of practice and training time with the team.
Using the Phoenix Suns model for success! Great plan!

Culver apparently smart enough for rubes to think he can play PG but he can't figure out how to play 10 minutes of summer league without embarrassing himself. Bodes very well for the future.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

Culver apparently smart enough for rubes to think he can play PG but he can't figure out how to play 10 minutes of summer league without embarrassing himself. Bodes very well for the future.
The only reason you post is to get a rise out of people. Probably because no one pays attention to you in real life I'd imagine.

Deflect! Deflect! Deflect! :lol:
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

people on the local sports radio keep saying that the NBA rules is to blame for Culver not playing in Summer League. Well the Atlanta Hawks also traded up in the draft to take DeAndre Hunter and HE's playing in Summer League. In fact he played against the Twolves already in their first game. He also last played competitively in April against Culver and Texas Tech in the championship game.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

JigglyPuff wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 pm people on the local sports radio keep saying that the NBA rules is to blame for Culver not playing in Summer League. Well the Atlanta Hawks also traded up in the draft to take DeAndre Hunter and HE's playing in Summer League. In fact he played against the Twolves already in their first game. He also last played competitively in April against Culver and Texas Tech in the championship game.
be that as it may, it's still a valid complaint and needs to be fixed.
there needs to be a common sense way for the players to be able to be welcomed into the team and community, practice with the team and play in summer league, while still being able to work through the logistics on the back end.

for everyone to just sit on their hands and say that we have to pretend like this hasn't happened yet, for a multi billion dollar global business, is embarrassing.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

You don't like Culver, we get it.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

This is so dumb.

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm This is so dumb.

So lulz worthy. I wonder if we are going to get the commentary from the crowd.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think we all could use some NBA Smell-o-vision.

maybe someone has posted this before - but there are quite a few of the top draftees not playing besides culver. zion, of course, yanked after one game. garland's not playing, but is he still rehabbing? i thought he'd gone thru a bunch of team workouts prior to the draft - so thought he was mended. both sekou doumbouya and goga bitadze aren't playing - are their euro teams still playing? romeo langford hasn't played - neither has kevin porter jr., p.j. washington, kz okpala, and talen horton-tucker. PLUS - and this, of course, is big for me - three players who went undrafted that i have interest in - sagaba konate, kerwin roach and simi shittu - all signed SL deals with teams but haven't played a minute. could it be that my Talentometer is on the fritz? it has Smell-o-Vision btw.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Machine2020

Post by Machine2020 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm

i think terrell's on the way out the door. damn shitty time to go cold - but i just checked and i think he's something like 5 of 24 from the floor for SL. mclaughlin is looking pretty solid though. and i still like barry brown jr. but wait! we just signed tyrone wallace and - yes - got napier in a trade. how many third PGs can we carry? is there a limit?
More I say!