Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Free Agent Power Forwards

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Free Agent Power Forwards

Post by somuchyummy »

here's the sister thread to the one about free agent centers. as before, i left out guys we simply can't afford.

UFA Power Forwards
Tobias Harris - 6-8 - $14.8M (signed with sixers $180M/5yr)
Thad Young - 6-8 - $14M (signed with bulls $41M/3yr)
Taj Gibson - 6-9 - $14M (signed with the knicks $20M/2yr)
Kenneth Faried - 6-8 - $14M
Nikola Mrotic - 6-10 - $12.5M (went back to euroball)
Markieff Morris - 6-10 - $9.2M
JaMychal Green - 6-9 - $8M
Al-Farouq Aminu - 6-9 - (signed with the magic $29M/3yr)
Marcus Morris - 6-9 - $5.3M
Mike Scott - 6-8 - $4.3M (signed with the sixers $9.8M/2yr)
Jeff Green - 6-9 - $2.4M (signed with the jazz $2.5M/1yr)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - 6-7 - $2.4M
Jonas Jerebko - 6-10 - $2.2M
Johnathan Motley - 6-9 - $77,250

RFA Power Forwards
Cheick Diallo - 6-9 - $1.5M
Johnathan Williams - 6-9 - $127,250

Other Options - all but singleton have now signed summer league or two way deals
Chris Singleton - 6-9
Tyler Cook - 6-9
Kenny Wooten - 6-8
Donta Hall - 6-9
Mike Daum - 6-9
Norvel Pelle - 6-11
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
digitalwolf

Re: Free Agent Power Forwards

Post by digitalwolf »

I think Green has been hampered by injuries and could be very cheap. I very much like his game. Bringing Gibson back at a reduced price would be great, but I could see him wanting to move on to a contender. Mirotic would be an amazing add, but I think he costs too much for us.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm actually on the other end of things. my favorite guys off this list are jamychal green, jonathan motley, cheick diallo and chris singleton.

off the centers list, javale mcgee, richaun holmes, jordan bell, justin patton, kyle o'quinn, alan williams and khem birch.

any of these guys are affordable except maybe jamychal green.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

digitalwolf wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 pm I think Green has been hampered by injuries and could be very cheap. I very much like his game. Bringing Gibson back at a reduced price would be great, but I could see him wanting to move on to a contender. Mirotic would be an amazing add, but I think he costs too much for us.
Fuck shooting, fuck anything other than defense and defensive rebounding.

Such a huge failure that we did not get a young player to develop. Now all we can do is pick up a stop gap. Just good god can he play some D and get a rebound.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

motley's interesting. 24.5 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg and a block in 27 games in the gleague last year. 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan and cheap.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:42 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:37 pm I think Green has been hampered by injuries and could be very cheap. I very much like his game. Bringing Gibson back at a reduced price would be great, but I could see him wanting to move on to a contender. Mirotic would be an amazing add, but I think he costs too much for us.
Fuck shooting, fuck anything other than defense and defensive rebounding.

Such a huge failure that we did not get a young player to develop. Now all we can do is pick up a stop gap. Just good god can he play some D and get a rebound.
What are you talking about? Green shot nearly 40% from deep last year, and Mirotic is an excellent shooter. Taj still proves he can play....he just may move on, but all three guys I listed provide absolutely need to this current team, two of which aren't bad shooters in the least?

Some positions are going to be stop gap when you have two max players on your team, that's just how it goes....that's why GM's are important. No team is stacked 1-12, this team is heavy on wings, has an AS big and is rumored to being after an elite scoring PG. Are you just bitching for fun?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm coming around on KBD maybe becoming a PF in the league. seemed like SF was the way to go - considering his body type, but siakam in the finals changed that. siakam and KBD are near copies of themselves physically. if KBD puts on about 5 pounds of muscle they'll be nearly identical. similar kinds of heady, team play - with decent athleticism. i think he might have the makings of a decent nba backup PF.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i just added Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to the list of UFAs because he didn't get a QO from his team. he's only 6-7, but can defend nearly 1-5 - really strong defender and good rebounder with virtually no offensive game. anyway, i've always liked him. tough nosed, plays hard. he made just $2.4M last year.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:46 pm motley's interesting. 24.5 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg and a block in 27 games in the gleague last year. 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan and cheap.
Was never a fan of his. He always looked like he had NCAA athleticism and would be a step slow in the pro's. Didn't pay any attention to him in the G so don't know what happened since.
Ooogabooga

Post by Ooogabooga »

The real question is whether to invest in a player for longer then a 1 year contract. Right now the team is in flux and committing dollars is going to be difficult with our cap situation. Someone like Markief would serve well, but he is likely to go for a longer term contract then we are willing to offer and probably have to overpay. Would instead be in favor of bringing in Jerebko for his outside shooting on the cheap if possible, or maybe Markief or Marcus Morris or even both depending on how much you want to pay. But none of this really matters until we see what is done with Wiggins/Dieng/Teague contracts still on our roster.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Ooogabooga wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 am The real question is whether to invest in a player for longer then a 1 year contract. Right now the team is in flux and committing dollars is going to be difficult with our cap situation. Someone like Markief would serve well, but he is likely to go for a longer term contract then we are willing to offer and probably have to overpay. Would instead be in favor of bringing in Jerebko for his outside shooting on the cheap if possible, or maybe Markief or Marcus Morris or even both depending on how much you want to pay. But none of this really matters until we see what is done with Wiggins/Dieng/Teague contracts still on our roster.
It's not even a question. There is no FA 4 worth giving anything but a 1 year with a team option. The draft was where we could get a number of great prospects and we blew it.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

I’m confused is this the Free Agent Power Forward or the Free Agent Point Guards Thread.

Oh that’s right, after Rosas incredibly successful Draft we now not only just need to fill the role of back-up Power Forward, but still now need to find a Starting Point Guard off the list that we can’t afford, but also now a starting Power Forward that we can’t afford.

SMH :shrug:

Won’t really hazard a guess here as to what the hell is going on or how it gets done until after Rosas unfolds the rest of his plans and paths to filling the need for a starting caliber player from each catagory, but also the need for back-up out of one.

Lot’s of insiders say the Wolves are up to something.....I can’t wait to find out. I just hope that Rosas’s plan to fill these two starting holes don’t create different starting holes in the lineup like his incredibly successful draft did. I need to see some of the Rockets-type creativity that hopefully he was a big part of at this point.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 am I’m confused is this the Free Agent Power Forward or the Free Agent Point Guards Thread.

Oh that’s right, after Rosas incredibly successful Draft we now not only just need to fill the role of back-up Power Forward, but still now need to find a Starting Point Guard off the list that we can’t afford, but also now a starting Power Forward that we can’t afford.

Won’t really hazard a guess here as to what the hell is going on or how it gets done until after Rosas unfolds the rest of his plans and paths to filling the need for a starting caliber player from each catagory, but also the need for back-up out of one.

Lot’s of insiders say the Wolves are up to something.....I can’t wait to find out. I just hope that Rosas’s plan to fill these two starting holes don’t create different starting holes in the lineup like his incredibly successful draft did. I need to see some of the Rockets-type creativity that hopefully he was a big part of at this point.

Guess you missed that Covington will likely be starting power forward per Rosas press conference after draft...we just need a body at 4 for when we play bigger lineups...more concerned about PG
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 am I’m confused is this the Free Agent Power Forward or the Free Agent Point Guards Thread.

Up to something! Same save my own ass shit as Covington is better as a 4.

I do hope they are up to something but if I go by what Ive seen so far that something is another step backward. So in a week we'll have another deal and 3 spots to fill instead of 2?

What was so hard about we need a defensive 4 and a future PG next year? Why the fuck was that so hard? Great defensive 4 draft this year. Great PG draft next year and we have a good PG on his last year. How fucking easy is that? Get our 4. Get to the deadline and see if our 2nd round PG is the shit. Trade Teague at the deadline for more ammo. How fucking easy. Instead we waste a good asset in Saric. (got us from 11 to 6 moron J2J and others) and take a position we have stacked. And hey! See you all next year when we have the same 2 damn needs.

When the fuck will we hire someone that will just build a team? Team sport. A fucking team. What about that is so foreign to our idiot leadership?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 am

Guess you missed that Covington will likely be starting power forward per Rosas press conference after draft...we just need a body at 4 for when we play bigger lineups...more concerned about PG
I hope you actually see this for the “Cover His Ass” response that this really is out of Rosas.

Covington is a patch at PF.....he can play some there but I believe what makes him currently effective and one of this team’s favorite players will be neutralized by him having to play out of position and having to cover bigger and stronger players as well as having to do more interior offensive and defensive rebounding. If he couldn’t stay healthy guarding and rebounding on the perimeter how long will he last now having to bang with the big guys that play inside. As a patch....OK, longterm.....very bad idea IMO, and I bet Covington who isn’t even fully healthy yet but is targeted to be by training camp would likely agree.
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 am

I hope you actually see this for the “Cover His Ass” response that this really is out of Rosas.

Covington is a patch at PF.....he can play some there but I believe what makes him currently effective and one of this team’s favorite players will be neutralized by him having to play out of position and having to cover bigger and stronger players as well as having to do more interior offensive and defensive rebounding. If he couldn’t stay healthy guarding and rebounding in the perimeter how long will he last now having to bang with the big guys that play inside. As a patch....OK, longterm.....very bad idea IMO, and I bet Covington who isn’t even fully healthy yet but is targeted to be be training camp would likely agree.
You Fucker!

The "Cover His Ass" thing should have been mine!

God damned vodka! I will never get over that you beat me to that one.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:14 am

Covington is a patch at PF.....he can play some there but I believe what makes him currently effective and one of this team’s favorite players will be neutralized by him having to play out of position and having to cover bigger and stronger players as well as having to do more interior offensive and defensive rebounding. If he couldn’t stay healthy guarding and rebounding in the perimeter how long will he last now having to bang with the big guys that play inside. As a patch....OK, longterm.....very bad idea IMO, and I bet Covington who isn’t even fully healthy yet but is targeted to be be training camp would likely agree.
You Fucker!

You’re the Fucker.......you beat me to the Vodka. I’m sober this AM, but if I wasn’t - that’s my weapon of choice.

Cheers! :beer:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:22 am

You Fucker!

You’re the Fucker.......you beat me to the Vodka. I’m sober this AM, but if I wasn’t - that’s my weapon of choice.

Alright then we'll call it a draw.

But Duluth is my town and I will use that one and claim it as my own until someone calls me on it. Then more vodka. And with permission i will never stop using it here. But might I suggest Cover his Assington?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:29 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:22 am
You Fucker!

Alright then we'll call it a draw.

But Duluth is my town and I will use that one and claim it as my own until someone calls me on it. Then more vodka. And with permission i will never stop using it here. But might I suggest Cover his Assington?
Cover his Assington!!

witljon

Post by witljon »

Tobias Harris would be a good fit for the Wolves if we could deal Wiggins.

Towns
Tobias
Covington
Culver
Teague
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 am

I do hope they are up to something but if I go by what Ive seen so far that something is another step backward. So in a week we'll have another deal and 3 spots to fill instead of 2?

What was so hard about we need a defensive 4 and a future PG next year? Why the fuck was that so hard? Great defensive 4 draft this year. Great PG draft next year and we have a good PG on his last year. How fucking easy is that? Get our 4. Get to the deadline and see if our 2nd round PG is the shit. Trade Teague at the deadline for more ammo. How fucking easy. Instead we waste a good asset in Saric. (got us from 11 to 6 moron J2J and others) and take a position we have stacked. And hey! See you all next year when we have the same 2 damn needs.

When the fuck will we hire someone that will just build a team? Team sport. A fucking team. What about that is so foreign to our idiot leadership?
not all of this, but much of this.

i'm still burned that we didn't get konate at 43. was it a stretch to take him at 43? hardly - considering cam johnson at 11, or darius bazley at 23, or chuma okeke at 16, or luka samanic at 19. in comparison to those stretches, konate at 43 is a fucking bargain bin delight. and because we're so thin - we could have just signed him to a nice cheap multi-year contract and filled a spot that needs filling. clip clop done. instead, he signs with toronto - because as world champs, of course, they've got their heads way up their asses.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:25 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:49 am

not all of this, but much of this.

i'm still burned that we didn't get konate at 43. was it a stretch to take him at 43? hardly - considering cam johnson at 11, or darius bazley at 23, or chuma okeke at 16, or luka samanic at 19. in comparison to those stretches, konate at 43 is a fucking bargain bin delight. and because we're so thin - we could have just signed him to a nice cheap multi-year contract and filled a spot that needs filling. clip clop done. instead, he signs with toronto - because as world champs, of course, they've got their heads way up their asses.
I am confused whether Rosas 3-4 year plan is the plan or trying to make a big splashy move is the plan. Because if it's the 4 year plan then why did we let a lot of good young cheap talent pass with all the open roster spots we have? Getting the feeling that the 3-4 year plan is his excuse if he strikes out on the splash.

And for the life of me I can't figure out why the plan wasn't build on what we have by addressing our giant holes.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i know. 3-4 year plan we just sit at 11 and take sekou.
T_J

Post by T_J »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm Tobias Harris would be a good fit for the Wolves if we could deal Wiggins.

Towns
Tobias
Covington
Culver
Teague
That'd be interesting. The move(s) to create room maybe wouldn't have to be just for Russell.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Ugh...this is exactly my bitch.

We can’t move Wiggins. We can’t. We are in a terrible position and rosas is to blame. ^^^^^
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

If Mil is able to bring back most of their FAs, they may have to stretch Jon Leuer, who could be had by us I think considering he grew up here.
If he's healthy, he could be a nice cheap backup big for us.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yes, Covington at PF may or may not be ideal but is he undersized in the grand scheme of things? Thad Young plays PF...

6-9, 225lb Bob
6-8, 221lb Thad
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

as has been said by others, can he play it? yeah, maybe. but it takes him away from his true position, the one he was selected ALL-NBA defensive team for playing - and puts him in a spot that's much more of a question mark. seems like it would make more sense to just play him at the spot he's excellent at.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am as has been said by others, can he play it? yeah, maybe. but it takes him away from his true position, the one he was selected ALL-NBA defensive team for playing - and puts him in a spot that's much more of a question mark. seems like it would make more sense to just play him at the spot he's excellent at.
Yep, hard to say. I'm just pointing out it isn't ridiculous due to his size.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Stork311 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:15 pm Ugh...this is exactly my bitch.

We can’t move Wiggins. We can’t. We are in a terrible position and rosas is to blame. ^^^^^
Rosas is to blame for being unable to move a contract he never shelled out? :lol:
I'm glad I'm not starting a brand new job with you as my boss.....you want the guy to just make miracles happen in, what, a month tenure?