Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Undrafted

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: The Undrafted

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 am there's always justin patton. unless he's retired to become a vegetable farmer or something.
Still very much want him back. If his feet are right he's perfect for us.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I'd love for Amir to still be with the Gophers, but I doubt he regrets the decision. He knew the chances were slim to none getting drafted. Lot of places outside the NBA to get paid to play basketball. If that's what he wants.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
j2j

Post by j2j »

2 Way Deal for Amir with the Clippers. Congrats to him.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

louis king, who was a bit of a surprise going undrafted - i think mlhouse picked him 23rd overall in the froobdraft - was just signed to a 2-way contract by the pistons. king is a long, athletic SF out of Oregon.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am louis king, who was a bit of a surprise going undrafted - i think mlhouse picked him 23rd overall in the froobdraft - was just signed to a 2-way contract by the pistons. king is a long, athletic SF out of Oregon.
Word was he was a problem and a douchebag. High rated guy who turned it on at times but that rep was certainly why he went undrafted.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:28 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 am louis king, who was a bit of a surprise going undrafted - i think mlhouse picked him 23rd overall in the froobdraft - was just signed to a 2-way contract by the pistons. king is a long, athletic SF out of Oregon.
Word was he was a problem and a douchebag. High rated guy who turned it on at times but that rep was certainly why he went undrafted.
yeah, when king and wooten go undrafted - and bol bol dives down to 44 - you gotta wonder what's going on in oregon basketball.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:28 pm
yeah, when king and wooten go undrafted - and bol bol dives down to 44 - you gotta wonder what's going on in oregon basketball.
King and Wooten I thought would get a bump from the NCAA run. But in the end King is a douche and Wooten is not a good basketball player. With so damn many guys declaring they were an easy pass I guess. Still would love a couple years of trying to develop 1 shot and one post move for Wooten because he has great shot blocking instincts. But even in college I don't think he played more than 20 minutes a game. That probably says a lot about hi knowing how to play the game. He was great against Wisconsin though. Those standout games like that always made me want him.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I love him. I didn’t think he would go in first. That pick sorta represented trading down.
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

Love all of these wing signings. Rosas understands in this game you need perimeter 3 and D guys, the best way to find them, throw a bunch on the Iowa roster and see who sticks.

Battle can straight up score is more of a 2/3
Randolph is a 6-5 combo guard
Brown hits around 30% from three right now, if that can get adjusted he has a chance....legit size and defensive beast... https://www.kstatesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5612

Sounds like they were going after Clemmons hard, but missed out.

I get the frusteration with lack of PF addressed, but lets let free agency play out and see what happens.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i get that, i guess. but those lists of C and PF FAs that i posted? the wolves need to add at least one maybe two guys from that bunch.
norseman79

Post by norseman79 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 am i get that, i guess. but those lists of C and PF FAs that i posted? the wolves need to add at least one maybe two guys from that bunch.
For regular season yes, but lots can change between now and then. Love that they are looking for young wings for depth...I have a feeling several of last years wings will be gone soon.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

some more of these UDFA's have found summer rosters: kenny wooten (knicks), tyler cook (nuggets), ethan happ (bulls) and yante maten, trey mourning and chris silva (heat). forgotten guy thomas robinson is also in the mix with a summer league tryout with the spurs.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

more updates on this end: some summer league rosters have been released so we can see who's where. obviously incomplete at this point because some teams show maybe 6 players while one shows 19. anyway, here goes.

biggest news for wolves fans is that "apparently" we've added another prospect to our summer roster who plays the PF spot. vanderbilt's simi shittu - who, actually, has got some good to his game. the reason i say "apparently" in quotes is because shittu is also listed on the summer roster for the grizzlies. typo? or can they do that depending of which summer league they're playing in? anyway, let's just be glad that simi doesn't have the same first name (shizz) that another summer league prospect has. shizz shittu - now that's got a ring to it.

other players of note - and i'm focusing mainly on bigs because some of us feel that we still need a couple - good old reid travis is 23 years old now and playing for the hawks summer team. PF donta hall of alabama has a summer deal with the pistons as does PF prospect from a couple years back, jarrod uthoff out of iowa. uthoff, if you'll remember, was a tremendous college shotblocker - but especially adept at blocking shots launched at the perimeter. PF willie reed is playing for the jazz this summer. PF scoring machine mike daum out of SDSU has a summer tryout with the blazers. mlhouse should make note of that one. daum's downfall is athleticism - but to his credit, he dropped from 250 to 235 lbs, he's got a tremendous wingspan (7-3) to go on a 6-9 frame with big shoulders, and is just a guy who knows how to play ball. 4 year avg of 22 ppg and 9 rpg - 54% on twos, 42% on threes (4 yr avg of 5 attempts per game) and 85% from the stripe. and one last player from the vault, wisconsin's combo forward nigel hayes is having another go at it this summer with the clippers.

and where, you may ask, did kerwin roach II ace defender and world class PG athlete out of texas finally wind up? he's playing summer ball for the charlotte hornets.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Naz Reid is gonna play some games for the Wolves this year. How the hell did he go undrafted? Seems to hit every check mark for the new aged big man.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

I'm gonna make Naz thREID a thing whenever he hits a 3.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 pm ... PF scoring machine mike daum out of SDSU has a summer tryout with the blazers. mlhouse should make note of that one. daum's downfall is athleticism - but to his credit, he dropped from 250 to 235 lbs, he's got a tremendous wingspan (7-3) to go on a 6-9 frame with big shoulders, and is just a guy who knows how to play ball. 4 year avg of 22 ppg and 9 rpg - 54% on twos, 42% on threes (4 yr avg of 5 attempts per game) and 85% from the stripe...
If Mike Muscala can stick in the NBA after eight seasons, I don't know why Daum couldn't find a home. It shouldn't be so hard for four-year starters to get a look. Daum is shooting 48% from three this year in Spain. And speaking of his athleticism, I've never seen him move so fast (0:33):

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

He also has a game-winning tip.
j2j

Post by j2j »

sh1mmyya wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 am I'm gonna make Naz thREID a thing whenever he hits a 3.
3 of them last night.