Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

KAT really wants to play with D'Angelo Russell

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

KAT really wants to play with D'Angelo Russell

Post by Hoop Dreams »

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/karl-anthony ... terview/2/
You’ve been vocal about the Timberwolves having a chance to make major improvements via free agency. You’ve done some D’Angelo Russell whispering on Instagram. Have you paid attention to all the player movement and rumors this summer?

Yes. I pay very close attention to free agency. And D’Angelo is not getting whispers, he’s getting more of a yell from a microphone. This is a big free agency period for us as an organization, so we’re taking every step and exploring every avenue.

How long have you known Russell?

Forever. Me and D’Angelo have known each other for a very long time. We’ve talked about how much we want to play with each other, not even just in the NBA or college, but in high school. Who would’ve thought we’re at this moment now.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: KAT really wants to play with D'Angelo Russell

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Interesting. Still think it’s difficult to envision a Sign and Trade with Brooklyn given our assets. Also not sure Russell is a max contract guy. He’s good, but he doesn’t get to the FT line, and his shooting numbers are mediocre.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Go Get Him KAT!!!

KAT has already orchestrated the surgical removal of the two headed Thibbs/Butler dildo that this Team was forced to ride. Maybe he can now push them to make a big move to get Russell.

I just think with the Wolves limited resources that Russell is a long-shot at best. That would explain why they are trying to be aggressive and get one of the PG’s in this Draft instead.
j2j

Post by j2j »

And the league just stripped the Wolves of their next 5 first round picks for tampering. lol
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:32 am And the league just stripped the Wolves of their next 5 first round picks for tampering. lol
Perfect!! :lol:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:21 am Interesting. Still think it’s difficult to envision a Sign and Trade with Brooklyn given our assets. Also not sure Russell is a max contract guy. He’s good, but he doesn’t get to the FT line, and his shooting numbers are mediocre.
If Russell really wants to play with KAT and they've talked about it, I think the Wolves can make it work. Plenty of teams with cap space so they'll have to dump contracts (with assets attached) and I'm sure those conversations have already taken place so they know what the price(s) will be. Russell can take the one year qualifying offer if he wants to play with KAT -- that is assuming the Nets don't sign multiple big name free agents, which I think they will likely sign someone else if Kyrie is going there.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Would you be ok dumping #11 to clear cap space to sign Russell?

#11 + Wiggins for Cap Space.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

need to keep KAT happy. get it done. HOWL!
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am Would you be ok dumping #11 to clear cap space to sign Russell?

I would if it guarantees you Russell. Nothing at 11 will likely ever be more productive than Russell.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am Would you be ok dumping #11 to clear cap space to sign Russell?

Yes.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:40 am need to keep KAT happy. get it done. HOWL!
Remember when we made KG happy with THud? That worked out well. For Boston.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

The only real chance we have is if Russell makes it 100% clear he will only sign here and then we'd have to do a S&T. We can't sign him outright and there are other teams that need PG's that can.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:13 pm The only real chance we have is if Russell makes it 100% clear he will only sign here and then we'd have to do a S&T. We can't sign him outright and there are other teams that need PG's that can.
Brooklyn won't do a sign and trade with MN IMO. The reason they'd let Russell go in the first place would be because they're using cap space to sign Kyrie and someone else. RUmors out there maybe it ends up being Durant and Kyrie to Brooklyn.

I don't see anything on the Wolves roster that would entice Brooklyn to make a sign and trade deal.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:15 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:13 pm The only real chance we have is if Russell makes it 100% clear he will only sign here and then we'd have to do a S&T. We can't sign him outright and there are other teams that need PG's that can.
Brooklyn won't do a sign and trade with MN IMO. The reason they'd let Russell go in the first place would be because they're using cap space to sign Kyrie and someone else. RUmors out there maybe it ends up being Durant and Kyrie to Brooklyn.

I don't see anything on the Wolves roster that would entice Brooklyn to make a sign and trade deal.
Yep.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:58 am
weimy froob wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:40 am need to keep KAT happy. get it done. HOWL!
Hard to evaluate that because Hudson was injured most of his career in Minnesota. His playoff series against Lakers in 2002-03 was one of the best. He had huge potential and everyone who had even the closest following of the Wolves wanted to sign him. If Dan Barreiro or other media types claim they did not 100% and very vocally endorse, in fact demand, the Wolves extend Hudson they are liars.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm
Hard to evaluate that because Hudson was injured most of his career in Minnesota. His playoff series against Lakers in 2002-03 was one of the best. He had huge potential and everyone who had even the closest following of the Wolves wanted to sign him. If Dan Barreiro or other media types claim they did not 100% and very vocally endorse, in fact demand, the Wolves extend Hudson they are liars.
T Hud sucked ass.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

I assume to dump Wiggins we will have to take cap back like the trade mentioned with Miami. That being said, #11 is a pretty strong asset and I really dont want to give that up just to dump salary.

Russell is a good player, but is he truly worth all that and then Max him.. I get a ton of guys get Maxed when they shouldnt but is he worth all of that and tying up the cap space we just created?

I am actually asking all of these things because I am by no means a great NBA mind.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm
mlhouse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm
T Hud sucked ass.
He never was the same after his ankle injury. But he certainly did not suck ass in his first year with the Wolves.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i only want DR if he's a great PG for our team. whether or not KAT likes him a lot should have no bearing on whatthefuckever. when did the nba become a buddy league? like these guys aren't paid enough to run around in shorts and throw a ball thru a hoop?

i hate this aspect of the nba and especially how it affects free agency. GMs work to assemble the best team they can, they've got a plan (usually), they go thru a "process" over a number of years - and then it all busts apart because one of their primary players turns out to be a headuptheass full blown diva who decides he'd rather have a tea party with his bestie. worse for the players, but way better for the league before free agency. fuck tom chambers.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Wiggins isn't the guy that would be moved to clear space.

Teague, Dieng, and 11 for Korver is much more likely.

I could see Wiggins being moved for 2 guys maybe to create some depth, albeit shit depth
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 pm i only want DR if he's a great PG for our team. whether or not KAT likes him a lot should have no bearing on whatthefuckever. when did the nba become a buddy league? like these guys aren't paid enough to run around in shorts and throw a ball thru a hoop?

i hate this aspect of the nba and especially how it affects free agency. GMs work to assemble the best team they can, they've got a plan (usually), they go thru a "process" over a number of years - and then it all busts apart because one of their primary players turns out to be a headuptheass full blown diva who decides he'd rather have a tea party with his bestie. worse for the players, but way better for the league before free agency. fuck tom chambers.
Russell was an all-star last year, I think he's proved he has a spot in the league and this team could use a player like that. This is the first step in putting together a KAT/Russell/Booker team together that could do some serious damage if they continue to ascend as well as finding the right role players around them. Get it done, and it matters for the future of the franchise to surround KAT with #1 talent, #2 people who get along with him as in guys who fit, not guys who come in and tell everyone to f off and follow their lead.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm Wiggins isn't the guy that would be moved to clear space.

I could see Wiggins being moved for 2 guys maybe to create some depth, albeit shit depth
Yep, see Miami deal... but at least those contracts are a 1+1 deal and a two year deal so they're entirely off your books by summer 2021... or you can stretch one of them after this upcoming season if you need to.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:15 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm Wiggins isn't the guy that would be moved to clear space.

Yep, see Miami deal... but at least those contracts are a 1+1 deal and a two year deal so they're entirely off your books by summer 2021... or you can stretch one of them after this upcoming season if you need to.
This guy gets it. :beer:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

I want Russell for KAT at this point. KAT wants to be here right now, we should do whatever it takes to make moves to show this guy we want him here not just now but for good. :thumbsup:
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:20 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

I want Russell for KAT at this point. KAT wants to be here right now, we should do whatever it takes to make moves to show this guy we want him here not just now but for good. :thumbsup:
Yep it's such a rare opportunity for this franchise. Even if it would still take somewhat large steps by both to compete for a title, I'd even love a Memphis like run.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:14 pmThis is the first step in putting together a KAT/Russell/Booker team together
Man, now my pants fit all funny.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Cov, Dieng, and Oko or 11?

Those wouldn't be bad role players for a team ready to contend. Thats 25-27 mil?
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Those wouldn't be bad role players for a team ready to contend. Thats 25-27 mil?
They want stars, they have role players already.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:34 pm

If they get Irving and KD...

They'd rather let him go for nothing?
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:34 pm

If they get Irving and KD...

They'd rather let him go for nothing?
Which two guys do you want out of those three? Are you playing devil's advocate here or something? You're scaring me.