Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Prediction: Draft Night

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Prediction: Draft Night

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:17 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm We try to get up for Garland. Then we try a small move up for Doumboya. Price too high on both so we trade Saric and #11 to Boston for #14/#20/#22. Boston fills out their soon to be decimated front line. We take Clarke or Kabengele at #14, Ky Bowman at #22, and 20 is a swing for high upside guy regardless of position. So like Bol, Porter, or Samanic.
If it’s what you say I love it.

If the draft is flat, as Gersson says, then trade down may be the best option for our current capped out 10 seed team.
Yeah, I do love Garland and would love to get him but how long does it take us to make up the cost? I'd really love to fill up the roster with long term low money deals. Hopefully Bos will want a small move up to get their #1 C and Saric can help replace Horfords shooting.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:54 pm
The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm impatient. I don't want the same roster. I like Okogie but his trade value will never be higher. Get Garland, White or figure out how to get Russell. Why can't the Wolves finally fleece someone in a trade?
How the hell can you think Okogie's trade value will never be higher? It will never be this low again. Worth way more to us than in a trade.
His offensive ceiling is low. In the next 1-2 years everyone will realize that.
No, in 1-2 years you will be eating this post. Okogie will be a fan favorite star.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Okogie is improving his shot away from being the ultimate 3/d guy right there with Bob. You cannot have enough of those guys. Will his shot improve? Who knows. I'd hate to trade him before we know.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:30 pm Okogie is improving his shot away from being the ultimate 3/d guy right there with Bob. You cannot have enough of those guys. Will his shot improve? Who knows. I'd hate to trade him before we know.
Improved quite a bit just as the season went along. He scored big in college. If he wasn't getting constant rookie no calls last year he'd be shooting way more FT's at an 80+ clip. He'll be over 10 a game just on fast breaks and FT's alone.

Why is it that when a shooter is bad and can't hit FT's it well he'll never be a good shooter. Just look at his FT's. Well Okogie is over 80%? Why is it not well he'll obviously improve, look at his FT's?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm
The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:54 pm
How the hell can you think Okogie's trade value will never be higher? It will never be this low again. Worth way more to us than in a trade.
His offensive ceiling is low. In the next 1-2 years everyone will realize that.
No, in 1-2 years you will be eating this post. Okogie will be a fan favorite star.
I hope I'm wrong. I love his defense and non-stop effort.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:30 pm Okogie is improving his shot away from being the ultimate 3/d guy right there with Bob. You cannot have enough of those guys. Will his shot improve? Who knows. I'd hate to trade him before we know.
Improved quite a bit just as the season went along. He scored big in college. If he wasn't getting constant rookie no calls last year he'd be shooting way more FT's at an 80+ clip. He'll be over 10 a game just on fast breaks and FT's alone.

Why is it that when a shooter is bad and can't hit FT's it well he'll never be a good shooter. Just look at his FT's. Well Okogie is over 80%? Why is it not well he'll obviously improve, look at his FT's?
He is a 70% FT shooter, that is not great. But who knows what happens.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 pm

He is a 70% FT shooter, that is not great. But who knows what happens.
He shot 73% this year but 84% his last year in college when he got consistent attempts. I assume that is who he truly is.
The Replacements

Looks like Garland is in play for the Wolves with the asking price of Covington and #11. That's a big risk for the Wolves. If Garland is Lillard then it's a good trade. If he's Johnny Flynn then it's many more years of rebuilding.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am Looks like Garland is in play for the Wolves with the asking price of Covington and #11. That's a big risk for the Wolves. If Garland is Lillard then it's a good trade. If he's Johnny Flynn then it's many more years of rebuilding.
Covington is a great fit for them. You know, like he's a great fit for anyone.

Don't believe this though.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:40 am
The Replacements wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am Looks like Garland is in play for the Wolves with the asking price of Covington and #11. That's a big risk for the Wolves. If Garland is Lillard then it's a good trade. If he's Johnny Flynn then it's many more years of rebuilding.

Tough bullet to bite but if it just Cov and 11 think u gotta roll that dice. Okogie can be the mad man d guy.
The Replacements

I believe NO asked for Covington. That makes sense. I get the feeling both parties will get serious when their on the clock. My hope is Saric and the 11 can get it done but probably not.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

RoCo + a solid contributor at 1.11 seems like the Wolves get to .500 this season.

I'm ok with the trade, but KAT + Garland may mean the Wolves finish with the worst record in the WC this season.

Garland
Wiggins
Obi won
Saric
KAT

Seems like a 20 win team to me...
The Replacements

qrocks wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 am

RoCo + a solid contributor at 1.11 seems like the Wolves get to .500 this season.

I'm ok with the trade, but KAT + Garland may mean the Wolves finish with the worst record in the WC this season.

Garland
Wiggins
Obi won
Saric
KAT

Seems like a 20 win team to me...
Not that bad. I would guess the record would be similar to last year.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mglviks wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 am

Tough bullet to bite but if it just Cov and 11 think u gotta roll that dice. Okogie can be the mad man d guy.
Not saying I wouldn't do it. I have a hard time believing that is all they want. Now I do think that's fair to even an overpay. RoCo is the shit and makes everyone better. As evidenced by how much better we were when he played. And can KBD or Cam take those minutes and even come close? If not how do we fill that wing spot?

I get the star PG hunt thing where you maybe weaken a spot to make sure you get it. Just would be hard to then ;look at a year where I see a big step forward playing it close to the vest turn to a tank and build year.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Garland seems hungry and if we have a chance to get him for roco and 11 you make that happen. Maybe we get lucky and the new coaching staff can get production out of Wiggins. I like Roco but man we are always bitching about not having a PG that is legit. This might be a golden ticket. NBA purgatory is a bitch.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Seenin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am Garland seems hungry and if we have a chance to get him for roco and 11 you make that happen. Maybe we get lucky and the new coaching staff can get production out of Wiggins. I like Roco but man we are always bitching about not having a PG that is legit. This might be a golden ticket. NBA purgatory is a bitch.
Tough to argue with that. Hate having to trade one of my all time favorite players for my favorite pick though. Sure does make it tough though knowing we now have questionable depth at what was our deepest spot and have done nothing to address our giant weakness which is front court D.

This move would make us much worse on the court. Maybe we're great in 3 years. This year we are half the team we could be.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Any good org restructure is going to have restructuring pains and we need a PG bad. No point in having another PF at 19 if we don't even have a PG that can create. We need someone that can take charge and manage the game.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Seenin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am Any good org restructure is going to have restructuring pains and we need a PG bad. No point in having another PF at 19 if we don't even have a PG that can create. We need someone that can take charge and manage the game.
Who manages to stop the other team. Just saying that we lose because we suck on D. We are gonna trade our best defender and not fill our biggest defensive weakness? That won't happen.

That's why it's great (and obvious now really) to hear it's Saric they want not RoCo.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am
Seenin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 am Any good org restructure is going to have restructuring pains and we need a PG bad. No point in having another PF at 19 if we don't even have a PG that can create. We need someone that can take charge and manage the game.
Who manages to stop the other team. Just saying that we lose because we suck on D. We are gonna trade our best defender and not fill our biggest defensive weakness? That won't happen.

That's why it's great (and obvious now really) to hear it's Saric they want not RoCo.
This makes sense since NO needs bigs and Saric fits the bill.

Besides Brandon Ingram will be their starting SF.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm
t_wrex wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 pm Some goober wing player gets picked, causing a log jam.
Lol.
Look who's laughing now!
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!