Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Prediction: Draft Night

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Prediction: Draft Night

Post by somuchyummy »

my prediction for draft night: at 6:25, my kid will suddenly remember he needs to be somewhere that takes 19 minutes to get to - i'll drive him there and not find any draft coverage on my crappy car radio - by the time i get home, i'll crap around on whatever the hell TV system i've got going and find no decent coverage there, so i'll hit up rubechat for pungent analysis, my kid will call and says he's not feeling well, so i'll drive back to where he is and get him home (another 40 minute roundtrip with no radio coverage), i'll discover he's got a temp of 102, so i'll devote the next 45 minutes to tending to him, fluids, rest, ibu, a cold compress - i'll go back downstairs to fart around on tv again trying to find anything draft related, but will again to turn the pungent analysis of rubechat in time to find out that we traded both roco and okogie to move up in the draft and then selected reddish at 4 plus glen has just sold the 43. bump and a beer. off to dreamland.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:30 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Doogie said the Raptors offered CJ miles and a future 2nd for Tolliver. Dallas offered a 2nd as well but Layden declined. That was on his podcast in February.
Cj miles has a player option and he opted in. Wolves didn’t want more money on the books.

Never confirmed who Dallas was going to send.
JJ Barea's contract and a second or something.
So, you think that the Mavericks, with their 33 win season, was interested in trading Barea's contract of $3.7 million and a draft pick to get Jeff Teague and his $19 million deal?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Cj miles has a player option and he opted in. Wolves didn’t want more money on the books.

Never confirmed who Dallas was going to send.
So, you think that the Mavericks, with their 33 win season, was interested in trading Barea's contract of $3.7 million and a draft pick to get Jeff Teague and his $19 million deal?
It was for Tolliver.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am
mlhouse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am
It was for Tolliver.
True... I forgot. But I still do not see the purpose of this trade for Dallas.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
H8ter

Post by H8ter »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 am
H8ter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 am We will draft Cam Reddish and move Jeff Teague for a future lottery protected 1st.

What I wish we do is we move down and get Bol Bol out of the lottery and try to acquire a future first rd pick.
Are you saying we are getting a first rd pick for Teague or giving up one to dump him?
Move Teague to Memphis for one of their lower 1st rd they just acquire from Utah? That could be something that’s obtainable.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

H8ter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 am
H8ter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 am We will draft Cam Reddish and move Jeff Teague for a future lottery protected 1st.

What I wish we do is we move down and get Bol Bol out of the lottery and try to acquire a future first rd pick.
Are you saying we are getting a first rd pick for Teague or giving up one to dump him?
Move Teague to Memphis for one of their lower 1st rd they just acquire from Utah? That could be something that’s obtainable.
Why would memphis do that? For fun?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 am
The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:43 am
thinktank wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 am

I don’t think we have the assets to pull it off.
Would you include a future first in the deal? All accounts are NO would rather deal this pick for future assets.
I could get behind a future first but I don’t think that’s enough either. We’re not going to be worse so two late lotto picks and our player trade bait don’t move us up to 4.

Maybe, but I don’t think so.
Final offer:

Okogie, 11th pick and a future first.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am

Would you include a future first in the deal? All accounts are NO would rather deal this pick for future assets.
I could get behind a future first but I don’t think that’s enough either. We’re not going to be worse so two late lotto picks and our player trade bait don’t move us up to 4.

Final offer:

Oh man please no.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 am

Final offer:

Oh man please no.
No is right. Wait until next season to get PG of future. Just take BPA
D_H

Post by D_H »

NBA has to have the best off season by far of any of the major sports. It's only second to the NFL now , it's easily passed baseball in national interest.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Final offer:

Or just realize rebuilding a team is a stepwise process and look to the 2020 draft that is deeper in the PG position.

Draft Rui Hachimura at #11. This gives backup plan to Saric at the 4 in case we want to not extend him. In 2019 draft maybe draft a PG in the 2nd and give him a lot of run to see if you can develop him as depth, or find a PG from MLE or BE, or both. Whatever you do, don't play Jeff Teague because we need development of this rotation going into the future.

Then in 2020 we should be in a good position to draft a solid PG type player.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

D_H wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am NBA has to have the best off season by far of any of the major sports. It's only second to the NFL now , it's easily passed baseball in national interest.
what I like is that there's no down time to lose momentum. Right after the season is over you get the draft the next week and FA starting the week after.

Unless you really like things like the Senior Bowl or Combine, it's easy to forget about football right after the Super Bowl.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 am

Final offer:

Oh man please no.
No is right. Wait until next season to get PG of future. Just take BPA
At least until the deadline.
populousample

Post by populousample »

61 degrees
Wind SE 8mph
50% chance of rain

Someone’s Twittergram account gets hacked

Wolves brass are underwhelmed by their options at 11, take BPA, and go back to work on Friday trying to make an impact on the teams future.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:39 am
H8ter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 am

Why would memphis do that? For fun?
Any GM that would trade a 1 for 1 year and $19M of Teague is certifiably insane
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
The Replacements

mlhouse wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:50 am

Final offer:

Or just realize rebuilding a team is a stepwise process and look to the 2020 draft that is deeper in the PG position.

Draft Rui Hachimura at #11. This gives backup plan to Saric at the 4 in case we want to not extend him. In 2019 draft maybe draft a PG in the 2nd and give him a lot of run to see if you can develop him as depth, or find a PG from MLE or BE, or both. Whatever you do, don't play Jeff Teague because we need development of this rotation going into the future.

I'm impatient. I don't want the same roster. I like Okogie but his trade value will never be higher. Get Garland, White or figure out how to get Russell. Why can't the Wolves finally fleece someone in a trade?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Final offer:

I'm impatient. I don't want the same roster. I like Okogie but his trade value will never be higher. Get Garland, White or figure out how to get Russell. Why can't the Wolves finally fleece someone in a trade?
That is exactly how you ruin the team over the long run.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Idk, but the lottery was rigged. NO loses their star player but now can draft his replacement.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Final offer:

How the hell can you think Okogie's trade value will never be higher? It will never be this low again. Worth way more to us than in a trade.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

We try to get up for Garland. Then we try a small move up for Doumboya. Price too high on both so we trade Saric and #11 to Boston for #14/#20/#22. Boston fills out their soon to be decimated front line. We take Clarke or Kabengele at #14, Ky Bowman at #22, and 20 is a swing for high upside guy regardless of position. So like Bol, Porter, or Samanic.
The Replacements

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm We try to get up for Garland. Then we try a small move up for Doumboya. Price too high on both so we trade Saric and #11 to Boston for #14/#20/#22. Boston fills out their soon to be decimated front line. We take Clarke or Kabengele at #14, Ky Bowman at #22, and 20 is a swing for high upside guy regardless of position. So like Bol, Porter, or Samanic.
I feel like this is another Shabazz/Deing like draft picks. Reach for the stars not the role players.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm We try to get up for Garland. Then we try a small move up for Doumboya. Price too high on both so we trade Saric and #11 to Boston for #14/#20/#22. Boston fills out their soon to be decimated front line. We take Clarke or Kabengele at #14, Ky Bowman at #22, and 20 is a swing for high upside guy regardless of position. So like Bol, Porter, or Samanic.
If it’s what you say I love it.

If the draft is flat, as Gersson says, then trade down may be the best option for our current capped out 10 seed team.
Mr. Brightside

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Wolves trade #11, future 1st, Okogie, and Dieng to Pelicans for #4, E’twan Moore and Frank Jackson.

Take Darius Garland.
Last edited by Mr. Brightside on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Replacements

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:54 pm

How the hell can you think Okogie's trade value will never be higher? It will never be this low again. Worth way more to us than in a trade.
His offensive ceiling is low. In the next 1-2 years everyone will realize that.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

My hope is to get Frenchie.....my prediction is Rui.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Mr. Brightside wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm Wolves trade #11, future 1st, Okogie, and Dieng to Pelicans for #4, E’twan Moore and Frank Jackson.

Take Darius Garland.
That would kind of be cool because we could sooooo badly need Moore's shot from outside.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 am my prediction for draft night: at 6:25, my kid will suddenly remember he needs to be somewhere that takes 19 minutes to get to - i'll drive him there and not find any draft coverage on my crappy car radio - by the time i get home, i'll crap around on whatever the hell TV system i've got going and find no decent coverage there, so i'll hit up rubechat for pungent analysis, my kid will call and says he's not feeling well, so i'll drive back to where he is and get him home (another 40 minute roundtrip with no radio coverage), i'll discover he's got a temp of 102, so i'll devote the next 45 minutes to tending to him, fluids, rest, ibu, a cold compress - i'll go back downstairs to fart around on tv again trying to find anything draft related, but will again to turn the pungent analysis of rubechat in time to find out that we traded both roco and okogie to move up in the draft and then selected reddish at 4 plus glen has just sold the 43. bump and a beer. off to dreamland.
Father of the year right here!
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Seenin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:48 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 am my prediction for draft night: at 6:25, my kid will suddenly remember he needs to be somewhere that takes 19 minutes to get to - i'll drive him there and not find any draft coverage on my crappy car radio - by the time i get home, i'll crap around on whatever the hell TV system i've got going and find no decent coverage there, so i'll hit up rubechat for pungent analysis, my kid will call and says he's not feeling well, so i'll drive back to where he is and get him home (another 40 minute roundtrip with no radio coverage), i'll discover he's got a temp of 102, so i'll devote the next 45 minutes to tending to him, fluids, rest, ibu, a cold compress - i'll go back downstairs to fart around on tv again trying to find anything draft related, but will again to turn the pungent analysis of rubechat in time to find out that we traded both roco and okogie to move up in the draft and then selected reddish at 4 plus glen has just sold the 43. bump and a beer. off to dreamland.
Father of the year right here!
And may I ask....a bump of what?! 8-)
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am
Thank you. I was going to find it but said “screw it, if he doesn’t believe me that this was a thing wtf do I care?” Thanks for putting in the work.