Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

CP3 Has Demanded Trade

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

CP3 Has Demanded Trade

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I would do Teague, Saric, and one more guy for Paul.

Cp3
Wigs
Roco
Pick 11
Towns
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: CP3 Has Demanded Trade

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Cp3
Wigs
Roco
Pick 11
Towns
Wiggins.

Teavue, Wiggins and Saric for Paul. Get it done!
Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

No no no.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Paul is Cancer #1. We already had Cancer #2.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Gross. No.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Cp3
Wigs
Roco
Pick 11
Towns
Wiggins.

Teavue, Wiggins and Saric for Paul. Get it done!
We need to keep Wigs. He and KAT are the future
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Nope.
Ketchup can be nuancy
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

This is the "Woj Bomb" we have been hearing about. Be prepared.

Rosas!! Rosas!! Rosas!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

2+2=4

Rosas!! Rosas!! Rosas!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Posted this in the other thread, but would anyone do Teague, Dieng, and 11 for CP3? Don't think I would but just a thought.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

It would be fun but I don’t dig it.

We just went through this.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

He's chasing a ring, Minnesota is probably the last place he wants to go. I'm perfectly fine with that!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

One of the problems with this organization is that we have never learned our lessons despite them clobbering us over the fucking head time after time.

Here is Lesson One which most always forget:

LESSON ONE There are no quick fixes.

Getting a Chris Paul in here would not help us. Chris Paul in LA or Houston or Boston or Miami....Superstar.

Chris Paul in Minnesota, a guy who wants to get the f out.

Like it or not, we should be committed to the Wiggins-Towns core for the near future. I think that group has limited upside, but then that is what we have. All of our moves should be made to work with those two players. Wiggins-Towns-Saric-Covington is a reasonable group to work with. Okogie is going to be a guy that can play 20+ minutes in the NBA. Lets find the missing pieces and hopefully we can develop a lower end playoff team.

Here is another fact. We need to come up with AT LEAST one solid rotational player from a 2nd round draft pick, UDFA, G-league guy, minor trade, a low level young free agent who has not been given a chance, or international free agent. LOok at our rosters this past decade and you will see a huge failing that we have never really done this.

So, from Bates-Diop and at least another player from the above sources, we need to put together a full rotation over the next 2 years that can at least be playoff level. I think Rosas is the guy who can make this happen. Get rid of the dead weight, even if they are good players and you might have to dump some value. But then, acquire assets too in other deals.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm Posted this in the other thread, but would anyone do Teague, Dieng, and 11 for CP3? Don't think I would but just a thought.
Not #11.

Wouldn't it be impossible to fit his contract without moving Wiggins?

Wiggins, Saric and Teague for Paul and I would be all over it.

There is absolutely no risk if he asks out after awhile.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

OliverMiller wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm Posted this in the other thread, but would anyone do Teague, Dieng, and 11 for CP3? Don't think I would but just a thought.
I would do Teague and Dieng. No lotto pick though
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm
I would do Teague and Dieng. No lotto pick though
Maybe a couple of seconds instead?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

CP3 doesn't want to be here. Trade for him and he'll hold out. Enjoy that shit show.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm CP3 doesn't want to be here. Trade for him and he'll hold out. Enjoy that shit show.
This

He would refuse to report
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 pm One of the problems with this organization is that we have never learned our lessons despite them clobbering us over the fucking head time after time.

Getting a Chris Paul in here would not help us. Chris Paul in LA or Houston or Boston or Miami....Superstar.

Like it or not, we should be committed to the Wiggins-Towns core for the near future. I think that group has limited upside, but then that is what we have. All of our moves should be made to work with those two players. Wiggins-Towns-Saric-Covington is a reasonable group to work with. Okogie is going to be a guy that can play 20+ minutes in the NBA. Lets find the missing pieces and hopefully we can develop a lower end playoff team.

Here is another fact. We need to come up with AT LEAST one solid rotational player from a 2nd round draft pick, UDFA, G-league guy, minor trade, a low level young free agent who has not been given a chance, or international free agent. LOok at our rosters this past decade and you will see a huge failing that we have never really done this.

So, from Bates-Diop and at least another player from the above sources, we need to put together a full rotation over the next 2 years that can at least be playoff level. I think Rosas is the guy who can make this happen. Get rid of the dead weight, even if they are good players and you might have to dump some value. But then, acquire assets too in other deals.
Almost no one here wants a Chris Paul trade. So who are you speaking of “never learning our lessons.” Who are you lecturing? I don’t understand.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Chris Paul's contract now prevents him from going to the Lakers, which of course is where he'd prefer to go.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Chris Paul or Rubio are upgrades over Jeff Teague.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 pm Chris Paul's contract now prevents him from going to the Lakers, which of course is where he'd prefer to go.
If they could somehow fit him, Lakers would win a title next season with Lebron, AD, and Cp3
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 pm One of the problems with this organization is that we have never learned our lessons despite them clobbering us over the fucking head time after time.

Almost no one here wants a Chris Paul trade. So who are you speaking of “never learning our lessons.” Who are you lecturing? I don’t understand.
I would pull the trade for the right parts.

Definitely wouldn't give up #11. Apparently many here need more time to see "What we have"

A bad basketball team is what we have. I don't need to see another season of Tyus, Saric, Dieng, Wiggins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm CP3 doesn't want to be here. Trade for him and he'll hold out. Enjoy that shit show.
Do you think so? He has basically no leverage with his bloated deal. If he wants away from Harden how can he possibly think he can pick his spot.

Funny thing is I was just talking to my buddy about Kat as KG and how can we get Sam to come and turn him into an MVP. I really don't like Paul and I hate his contract but it was weird to came back and see this after we were talking about it.
populousample

Post by populousample »

But we are so close to State Farm HQ 🙈
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:26 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 pm Chris Paul's contract now prevents him from going to the Lakers, which of course is where he'd prefer to go.
If they could somehow fit him, Lakers would win a title next season with Lebron, AD, and Cp3
Doesn't sound like Davis will waive his bonus. Think that was the only way, plus waiting til August to make the deal official.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Don't get me wrong.. If the Wolves can move up to get Garland or have a chance at Russell, I would much rather either option.

Let's just say there are no major moves to be had this off season and we stay at #11, I wouldn't mind this move as a last resort.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Come on Rosas make it happen...get rid of Wiggy and tell Paul to start working in a trade to his preferred destination after he gets out of Houston. If he holds out suspended him without pay...either play or forfeit the $. He’d be a moron to turn down 122m
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Doesn't sound like Davis will waive his bonus. Think that was the only way, plus waiting til August to make the deal official.

I woudl believe he woudl if it helps get that max contract free agent in the door. Next year he gets a max contract without any limitations to the salary cap and the Lakers don't give a rats ass about the luxury tax.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm

If Cp3 is coming, I think lebron and rich Paul would tell him to waive it.