Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves possibly looking to move up for Garland

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Southpaw23

Re: Wolves possibly looking to move up for Garland

Post by Southpaw23 »

Stick him in the left corner and let others create.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqP7tdFVlU[/youtube]

Do I not have permission?
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Seenin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:52 am [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqP7tdFVlU[/youtube]

Remove the “s” from “https”
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am I like Garland but I'm kind of shocked they're entertaining moving Covington considering the need for 3 & D guys.
That’s where I’m at.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:49 am
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am
T_J wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am

It's a sizable risk right off the bat. It's also a signal of not looking to compete for the playoffs next year.
Considering the amount of holes this team has, I never needed a signal that the playoffs were happening next year. Just because GS took a hit in now way makes the West all of the sudden easy. Even adding Dlo, Portland and the Nugs are legit, LA finally is respectable, the Clips already were and will most likely add. Despite turmoil, the Rox are a 50 win team....and the Jazz just upgraded themselves. Dallas has a healthy KP now.....whatever move we make, adding Garland or Dlo, we still have a lot of work to do to be thinking about even an 8th seed. The only thing that makes us jump into the real mix is if Andrew Wiggins flips on some switch that most of us believe he doesn't have.
Is it possible the new assistant coaches can design an offensive that focuses on Wiggins strengths? I feel like someday the light will turn on for him but it will be for a different team.
I mean, that is the coaching staffs job.....to do everything you can to get any players light on. We've added a ton of coaching talent and clearly Wiggins and Ryan are buds. I've not written him off, and I don't know if a change of scenery helps him or not. But for this team to be a playoff team, Wiggins has to consistently better. A consistent Wiggins makes up for losing Roco. I like to gamble, and I like the FO moves Rosas has made....so I would make this trade. I would assume we get back a swing like Hill or Johnson as well. Then you move try to move Teague or Tyus to the Suns since they have no PG.

Garland/Tyus or Teague
Wiggins
Oki/Johnson or Hill
Saric/Dieng/Diop
KAT/Dieng

On a side note, anyone know where the fuck Patton is at?
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I think it's going to be easier for us to find a replacement 3&D guy than it is for us to find another star, so I don't think we can afford to not make Covington available if we ever want to grow into a championship contending team.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am I like Garland but I'm kind of shocked they're entertaining moving Covington considering the need for 3 & D guys.
That’s where I’m at.
It's all predicated on if you trust Rosas or not. Do you trust that he believes his new coaching staff will finally get Wiggins lit, that they'll get Oki to take the next step. Do you believe in his belief that Garland looks like and will turn into Dame? If you trust these things, if you trust him....it doesn't feel shocking at all.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Patton last seen working out for Jazz earlier this month
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Windy just said It's Saric not Roco. It was like getting a blow job on a roller coaster when he said it.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Southpaw23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am Patton last seen working out for Jazz earlier this month
Ahhh.....glad he's still kicking it.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am Windy just said It's Saric not Roco. It was like getting a blow job on a roller coaster when he said it.
If that's the cost, then the deal should already have been done. :lol:
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

If we move up to take Garland and the price is only Homie, something is very wrong with this world. Or right actually...
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:08 am
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am Windy just said It's Saric not Roco. It was like getting a blow job on a roller coaster when he said it.
Because he's the plus. As in it's a future pick plus Saric.

RoCo never made any sense anyway. They just traded for their 3 of the future.
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:56 am
Seenin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:52 am
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Remove the “s” from “https”
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

if we get to keep Roco and send Saric off then im all boner on this one. What is NO thinking?
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:10 am

I'm at work, so I haven't seen anything on TV, just tweets. So did he say it's 11, Saric, plus a future 1st?
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:11 am

I'm at work, so I haven't seen anything on TV, just tweets. So did he say it's 11, Saric, plus a future 1st?
That's what doogie said yesterday
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

He was just on with Max and Steven A.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Southpaw23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

Doogie also put out a poll an hour ago saying #4/Hill for Covington/#11
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Keep in mind, Pels are waiting to see what Knicks do.

My guess is Rosas is including protected first if Saric is the player.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Southpaw23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

Roco is better, but Taj isn't coming back so having Saric was literally our only PF. I guess there's Diop? Is a Dieng/Diop/KAT/possible 2nd rounder okay enough. I know we're fucked when it comes to rim protection. I still make that deal though so as long as the future is heavy protected. And I'd still want Hill or Johnson in return. Maybe Teague or Tyus could snag us a big?

Would it be possible to do a Teague/Whiteside swap? I know he makes more, but I don't know if there's anything there to make that work.

Garland/Tyus
Wiggins/Oki
Roco/Oki/ Hill or Johnson
KAT/Diop
Whiteside/Dieng

Me like.....scoring and defense, oh my!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:04 am
SHAFA wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am
That’s where I’m at.
It's all predicated on if you trust Rosas or not. Do you trust that he believes his new coaching staff will finally get Wiggins lit, that they'll get Oki to take the next step. Do you believe in his belief that Garland looks like and will turn into Dame? If you trust these things, if you trust him....it doesn't feel shocking at all.
It’s the Wolves. I’ve been conditioned to not trust anything our management ever does.

All I can say is that Cov is fucking cheap compared to what he gives you when he’s on the floor. Giving him up is a hard pill to swallow for someone unproven like Garland.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:18 am
Keep in mind, Pels are waiting to see what Knicks do.

My guess is Rosas is including protected first if Saric is the player.
Exactly....Knicks can fuck everything up if they take Garland.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Knicks will not take Garland #3. If they did, there would be an even larger bidding war to get to Barrett at #4 than Garland at #4.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 am
digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am

Considering the amount of holes this team has, I never needed a signal that the playoffs were happening next year. Just because GS took a hit in now way makes the West all of the sudden easy. Even adding Dlo, Portland and the Nugs are legit, LA finally is respectable, the Clips already were and will most likely add. Despite turmoil, the Rox are a 50 win team....and the Jazz just upgraded themselves. Dallas has a healthy KP now.....whatever move we make, adding Garland or Dlo, we still have a lot of work to do to be thinking about even an 8th seed. The only thing that makes us jump into the real mix is if Andrew Wiggins flips on some switch that most of us believe he doesn't have.
Is it possible the new assistant coaches can design an offensive that focuses on Wiggins strengths? I feel like someday the light will turn on for him but it will be for a different team.
I mean, that is the coaching staffs job.....to do everything you can to get any players light on. We've added a ton of coaching talent and clearly Wiggins and Ryan are buds. I've not written him off, and I don't know if a change of scenery helps him or not. But for this team to be a playoff team, Wiggins has to consistently better. A consistent Wiggins makes up for losing Roco. I like to gamble, and I like the FO moves Rosas has made....so I would make this trade. I would assume we get back a swing like Hill or Johnson as well. Then you move try to move Teague or Tyus to the Suns since they have no PG.

Garland/Tyus or Teague
Wiggins
Oki/Johnson or Hill
Saric/Dieng/Diop
KAT/Dieng

Whiteside & Johnson for Teague and Dieng works..

Saves the heat over 7.2 MM$

Aren't they In the lux too? That's a boatload of savings.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Yes that's a no doubter.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Southpaw23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 am

Garland/Tyus or Teague
Wiggins
Oki/Johnson or Hill
Saric/Dieng/Diop
KAT/Dieng

They are.....but they have a lot of expirings coming this year and next. Not sure if they'd bite on Dieng....but I would seriously love that team. We haven't had a shot blocker since the shell of Theo Ratliff rolled up in here.
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

digitalwolf wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:34 am
Southpaw23 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 am

Garland/Tyus or Teague
Wiggins
Oki/Johnson or Hill
Saric/Dieng/Diop
KAT/Dieng

They are.....but they have a lot of expirings coming this year and next. Not sure if they'd bite on Dieng....but I would seriously love that team. We haven't had a shot blocker since the shell of Theo Ratliff rolled up in here.

Dieng and Johnson have an almost identical deal, so that's equal, One could argue Johnson had a worse '18-'19 and is ~3 years older
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I don't want anything to do that involves moving RoCo. Good team guy, solid ball player, great contract. He needs to stay on this roster.
Let's get Tropical
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

James Johnson can barely play basketball at this point. He came back from his hernia about 8 years older. He and Whiteside are pure garbage. I wouldn't deal Teague and Gorgui for them ever if there wasn't a large money difference in our favor. Whiteside is toxic and he can stay away from here and watch 2nd halves from another team's bench.