Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves possibly looking to move up for Garland

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
mlhouse

Re: Wolves possibly looking to move up for Garland

Post by mlhouse »

New York turned down Atlanta's offer of #8 and 10 for #3 according to information. What do the Wolves ahve to offer?
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

No D-Lo.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm New York turned down Atlanta's offer of #8 and 10 for #3 according to information. What do the Wolves ahve to offer?
Nothing mostly. Future 1st.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:14 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 pm New York turned down Atlanta's offer of #8 and 10 for #3 according to information. What do the Wolves ahve to offer?
I don't see moving up unless we go to 6 or 7 for White. That means giving up at least one future first round pick and I doubt that they will let us have extensive protection on it. Like top-8 protected dropping down to top 3-4 protected. WOudl you do that to take Colby White?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 pm
I don't see moving up unless we go to 6 or 7 for White. That means giving up at least one future first round pick and I doubt that they will let us have extensive protection on it. Like top-8 protected dropping down to top 3-4 protected. WOudl you do that to take Colby White?
Hope not
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I looked at a 2020 mock draft from a reasonable site, and in their first round they have 11 point guards.

Lets take this one step at a time. Save our first round pick for 2020 and look PG then, and take the best player available at 11 this season.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Fuck no. This team has a real chance to be inside the top 10 next year. If you are going to trade for a PG, it needs to be Garland. That's a moot point because we don't have the pieces to outbid other team's.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Not White. Garland or Culver yes. But they won’t be there at 6 or 7. We’ll, maybe Culver lasts until 6.
j2j

Post by j2j »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm I looked at a 2020 mock draft from a reasonable site, and in their first round they have 11 point guards.

Lets take this one step at a time. Save our first round pick for 2020 and look PG then, and take the best player available at 11 this season.
I can support this. Beyond Ja Morant, the PGs in this draft don't do enough for me to sacrifice anything to move up. I liked Coby White at 11, not at 6.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Not White. Garland or Culver yes. But they won’t be there at 6 or 7. We’ll, maybe Culver lasts until 6.
Am I missing something on Culver? I think he is a good prospect but I would cringe taking him int he top 5 or even top 8. Someone probably will, but I don't see it personally. I think Sekou is a much better pick than Hunter or Culver. Im not sure Culver is that much better than Hachimura, but he probably is. I just can't see it.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Am I missing something on Culver? I think he is a good prospect but I would cringe taking him int he top 5 or even top 8. Someone probably will, but I don't see it personally. I think Sekou is a much better pick than Hunter or Culver. Im not sure Culver is that much better than Hachimura, but he probably is. I just can't see it.
I think he’s the 3rd best player in the draft. He can create for himself and he’s the best non PG initiator and playmaker. But not everyone sees that. So disagreeing is fine.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

RT @TheSteinLine: The Timberwolves have been aggressive in their attempts to move up in the draft from No. 11 and are among the teams that have discussed acquiring No. 4 from New Orleans, league sources say
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
witljon

Post by witljon »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:17 pm
mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:13 pm

I think he’s the 3rd best player in the draft. He can create for himself and he’s the best non PG initiator and playmaker. But not everyone sees that. So disagreeing is fine.
Im certainly not everyone, but I agree.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm RT @TheSteinLine: The Timberwolves have been aggressive in their attempts to move up in the draft from No. 11 and are among the teams that have discussed acquiring No. 4 from New Orleans, league sources say
I'm guessing moving up for Garland means no D'Angelo Russell. I wouldn't be disappointed though because I think Garland is going to be very good.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 pm RT @TheSteinLine: The Timberwolves have been aggressive in their attempts to move up in the draft from No. 11 and are among the teams that have discussed acquiring No. 4 from New Orleans, league sources say
“Good luck.” - Chris Webber.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm
Only 20min late posting that...were you napping like Wiggy?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm
Only 20min late posting that...were you napping like Wiggy?
Just got out of the gym
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Marc Stein is one of the most well respected and connected nba writers in the last 20 years

I believe him. Looks like we want Garland
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm Marc Stein is one of the most well respected and connected nba writers in the last 20 years

As long as KAT and Covington are not involved have at it Rosas
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Wow. A Garland get would be something!

I'm for the move if they can pull it off.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm Marc Stein is one of the most well respected and connected nba writers in the last 20 years

This. They can have anything else they desire. I would like to keep Okogie. If not, oh well.

Please, please take all the rest of it! :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm

This. They can have anything else they desire. I would like to keep Okogie. If not, oh well.

Please, please take all the rest of it! :lol:
Agree Okogie has potential but his shot making is always going to be suspect...love the intensity he shows but if it gets us a potential transcendent player I’m in
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Smoke screens everywhere.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm Smoke screens everywhere.
We need the buzz, otherwise it will be a boring draft. :shrug:
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

witljon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:05 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm Smoke screens everywhere.
We need the buzz, otherwise it will be a boring draft. :shrug:
After Thibs sitting on his butt and messing up this team Rosas needs to blow everything up...I am waiting for the Woj bomb
Mr. Brightside

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:27 pm
I'm guessing moving up for Garland means no D'Angelo Russell. I wouldn't be disappointed though because I think Garland is going to be very good.
I actually think they want both. Neither are pure point guards. Both are above average shooters. They would be able to play off of each other nicely, presumably. I think they want Portland backcourt 2.0.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Mr. Brightside wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm
I actually think they want both. Neither are pure point guards. Both are above average shooters. They would be able to play off of each other nicely, presumably. I think they want Portland backcourt 2.0.
Rosas would be an instant legend in Minnesota if he could pull that off. I'm not sure we have the assets to move up to 4 and clear enough cap space to sign Russell though.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Mr. Brightside wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm
Ick. I like both Garland and Russell but it's one or the other for me.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

Seems like Rosas is all in on moving Wiggins to me