Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Can Wiggins evolve into a "super sixth man" ala Lou Williams?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Can Wiggins evolve into a "super sixth man" ala Lou Williams?

Post by t_wrex »

When I see inconsistent effort from a capable talented player, it's mental burnout. It's a real thing.

Question: why is lou Williams recognized as a deadly scorer yet he plays off the bench?

It makes no sense to have him starting with towns. Everything is wiggins shoots or towns shoots with no rhyme or reason. We can just start the game going to towns repeatedly, maximizing off his offensive game, then wigg can come in and be the ball dominant chucker but with lesser bench defenders guarding him.

Yeah it sucks that we maxed a player that goes 26ish hard minutes a night but we can't do anything about it now. Don't wanna lose assets just to drop him.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Can Wiggins evolve into a "super sixth man" ala Lou Williams?

Post by jodaman01 »

t_wrex wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 am When I see inconsistent effort from a capable talented player, it's mental burnout. It's a real thing.

Question: why is lou Williams recognized as a deadly scorer yet he plays off the bench?

It makes no sense to have him starting with towns. Everything is wiggins shoots or towns shoots with no rhyme or reason. We can just start the game going to towns repeatedly, maximizing off his offensive game, then wigg can come in and be the ball dominant chucker but with lesser bench defenders guarding him.

Yeah it sucks that we maxed a player that goes 26ish hard minutes a night but we can't do anything about it now. Don't wanna lose assets just to drop him.
This is why they hire people in the NBA to design and run an offense that utilizes the players as a team.

Also to focus on any one player to start every game is about as one dimensional and predictable as you can get. Vary the god damn offense get a PG who knows how to drive an offense and move the ball to right player at the right time and the right place.

If they are designing an offense where we get to watch one offensive player dominate all game they should shitcan it right now - I already saw that movie and it sucked.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
j-one

Post by j-one »

No. Lou is great. AW is not. AW is great at getting his shot - they just don't do in often enough and are taken from inefficient spots. I hope he can be coached into improving his shot selection at a minimum.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i wouldn't count on it. lou has an assassin's mentality. i'm not sure what wiggins' mentality is all about - but it ain't "assassin".

you want a lou williams type scorer on this team, we'd be better off taking justin foreman-wright at 43. guy loves to fill it up and does it efficiently in a variety of ways. can't play a lick of D, but he'll score in the nba.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

like i said, he probably won't be much of a defender - but if you want an assassin mindset 6th man, he's that sort of player. very creative, ball on a string handles, stop and start pullups, high % shooter, lefty with decent hops, 6-2 with 6-6 wingspan - and a three ball that can go waaaay deep, so nba range is no issue.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 am i wouldn't count on it. lou has an assassin's mentality. i'm not sure what wiggins' mentality is all about - but it ain't "assassin".

you want a lou williams type scorer on this team, we'd be better off taking justin foreman-wright at 43. guy loves to fill it up and does it efficiently in a variety of ways. can't play a lick of D, but he'll score in the nba.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

like i said, he probably won't be much of a defender - but if you want an assassin mindset 6th man, he's that sort of player. very creative, ball on a string handles, stop and start pullups, high % shooter, lefty with decent hops, 6-2 with 6-6 wingspan - and a three ball that can go waaaay deep, so nba range is no issue.
Guy I would kill to get in that role is Ky Bowman. But he will go before our 2nd rounder. He would definitely be a target for me if we move back for 2 lower 1sts. He needs work on his handle (no left) but a beast of an athlete. Had scholarship offers as a Dback to Bamma. Would be a nasty good combo off the bench.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

No. The coaching staff will continue to be afraid to bench him.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

He'd be quite the sleeper in that roll.
Let's get Tropical