Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Deal For PHO’s #6

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: Deal For PHO’s #6

Post by Beef Supreme »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm Damn I don't think I've ever seen the two TT's going at it before.

I always get you guys mixed up. How are you guys different so I can separate you guys mentally?
Thrillkill is always a dick. I’m the one talking to people like they’re people and asking good questions.
If either or both of you would get avatards, that would help a lot. I get you two mixed up a lot too.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

Dubs wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 pm im gonna walk this one back.

Id be thrilled if #6 is as good as Saric. Rather have Saric and 11.

Teague doesn't hurt or help us. Freeing the cap space would allow us to sign.. oh yeah, nobody.
Not accounting for the salary of #6, I have our cap room at around $20,682,000 if PHX absorbed Teague & Saric - right in the ballpark for a potential 4/$80M Russell deal.
The deal as quoted DOES not net the Wolves Teague's $19M because Tyler Johnson & his $19M contract comes back.
To me Teague & Johnson (who is nowhere close to as good as a "healthy" Teague) are unnecessary fillers.
KATMANDUDE

Post by KATMANDUDE »

I see New Orleans is dangling their #4 pick. However, they want an established star & not a draft pick.

Hey Pels, want Wigs for #4?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Has this deal been flouted?
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 pm
Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Thrillkill is always a dick. I’m the one talking to people like they’re people and asking good questions.

:roll:
And yet I go on a drunken rant (pointing this stupid shit out) and you nominate me for a Gibby calling me NO_MONEY,...too late I already have SO_MONEY and NO_MONEY vanity plates. What do you want? Do you want people to call out jerks? OR do you want to be the only one? I will hang up and listen...NO I won't LOL. People say things on here, often they are BS and are false, but sometimes people get lumped in. Best case, do well by the board and not feel a need to lie or brag about homes in Florida or Honduran chef wives as a metric of your worth to this place. Don't call people names or insult other for doing what you do. This is half the reason I don't care anymore.
Come again?

:shrug:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm Damn I don't think I've ever seen the two TT's going at it before.

I always get you guys mixed up. How are you guys different so I can separate you guys mentally?
If either or both of you would get avatards, that would help a lot. I get you two mixed up a lot too.
Maybe, just maybe they are the same guy....... :shrug:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm Has this deal been flouted?
Yes, between amateurs.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Who cares. They are bad people and hibitual liars...in that they are...well,...bad people and liars. I don't care who they are at this point.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Who cares. They are bad people and hibitual liars...in that they are...well,...bad people and liars. I don't care who they are at this point.
I believe most people are good. Its just that some here take things a bit too serious.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I believe most people are good. Its just that some here take things a bit too serious.
Meh. TRUE!
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

KATMANDUDE wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:02 pm
Dubs wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 pm im gonna walk this one back.

Id be thrilled if #6 is as good as Saric. Rather have Saric and 11.

Teague doesn't hurt or help us. Freeing the cap space would allow us to sign.. oh yeah, nobody.
Not accounting for the salary of #6, I have our cap room at around $20,682,000 if PHX absorbed Teague & Saric - right in the ballpark for a potential 4/$80M Russell deal.
The deal as quoted DOES not net the Wolves Teague's $19M because Tyler Johnson & his $19M contract comes back.
To me Teague & Johnson (who is nowhere close to as good as a "healthy" Teague) are unnecessary fillers.
If PHX absorbs Teague & Saric (they currently have the cap room to do so), it would provide the cap space previously noted.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Going back to the OP, these Phoenix trade ideas are fucking idiotic. When they are proposed, do you ever put yourself in the other team's shoes in evaluating the deal? Before the Davis trade, there was a major value tier picks 4-9. Now, with the Pelicans holding #4 it has become a pretty hot property for teams wanting to move up to take a PG so the tier is now 5-9, and even the Cavs 5th pick could become another trade hot spot as teams vie to move up to take the remaining PG of Garland/White.

I like Saric as a player, but I don't think getting him in his 4th year of his rookie deal is even close to the value a team would want to move up to #6. I think the Suns will be much more interested in moving up to 4 or 5 in this draft to get a guy like Garland who would be a great pairing with Booker versus moving down to a lower draft tier and just adding a supporting level player like Dario Saric for their efforts.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 pm
Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm [/u]
:roll:
And yet I go on a drunken rant (pointing this stupid shit out) and you nominate me for a Gibby calling me NO_MONEY,...too late I already have SO_MONEY and NO_MONEY vanity plates. What do you want? Do you want people to call out jerks? OR do you want to be the only one? I will hang up and listen...NO I won't LOL. People say things on here, often they are BS and are false, but sometimes people get lumped in. Best case, do well by the board and not feel a need to lie or brag about homes in Florida or Honduran chef wives as a metric of your worth to this place. Don't call people names or insult other for doing what you do. This is half the reason I don't care anymore.
You were calling multiple people out. People who didn’t have anything to do with anything you were arguing with thinktank. That’s why people chuckled. You were totally bizarre.
1) I was drunk. 2)I was right (In General). 3) What do you care? Unless you are a dick!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:37 pm
You were calling multiple people out. People who didn’t have anything to do with anything you were arguing with thinktank. That’s why people chuckled. You were totally bizarre.
1) I was drunk. 2)I was right (In General). 3) What do you care? Unless you are a dick!
I wonder if this Froob So_so_money is the same one from Kfan Rubechat sometimes.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:37 pm

I wonder if this Froob So_so_money is the same one from Kfan Rubechat sometimes.
It is, but I never wonder about you...Which is more telling.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

So anyway, PHO really loves Clarke. Hook them up!
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:43 am So anyway, PHO really loves Clarke. Hook them up!
+ OVER 10,000.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Doogie continues to say the Wolves are looking to move up, potentially targeting Coby White. Hmm...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

just read bulls and suns are trying to move up to get garland at #4.

Wonder if they dont like White that much and would consider moving back if they dont land garland?
Style

Post by Style »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 am Doogie continues to say the Wolves are looking to move up, potentially targeting Coby White. Hmm...
It'd have to be #11 plus Okogie minimum to move up, not?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 am just read bulls and suns are trying to move up to get garland at #4.

Wonder if they dont like White that much and would consider moving back if they dont land garland?
I would assume the Pelicans are not taking Garland at 4 given they have Holiday (for now) and Ball.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Style wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 am
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 am Doogie continues to say the Wolves are looking to move up, potentially targeting Coby White. Hmm...
It'd have to be #11 plus Okogie minimum to move up, not?
For sure. I think I'm ok moving those guys if it means getting money off the books to bring in established players, not sure about the lottery. I like White, Sekou, Hunter, etc... but if they don't pan out?
T_J

Post by T_J »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:26 am
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:13 am just read bulls and suns are trying to move up to get garland at #4.

I would assume the Pelicans are not taking Garland at 4 given they have Holiday (for now) and Ball.
If I was NO, I would trade Ball somewhere else and take Garland. The obvious pros being you get more rookie contract year control than Ball has, you don't have to deal with his idiot father, and Garland is probably going to be better than Ball anyway.

Probably trade Jrue too.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:33 am

If I was NO, I would trade Ball somewhere else and take Garland. The obvious pros being you get more rookie contract year control than Ball has, you don't have to deal with his idiot father, and Garland is probably going to be better than Ball anyway.

Probably trade Jrue too.
If I was New Orleans, I would have asked for Hart + Kuzma and picks. Tell LA to flip Ball somewhere else for another asset if needed.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am

Probably trade Jrue too.
If I was New Orleans, I would have asked for Hart + Kuzma and picks. Tell LA to flip Ball somewhere else for another asset if needed.
I was surprised Kuzma wasn't involved.

It'd be interesting to know what Ball's value is across the NBA
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Oh man, am I not invited to the birthday party you are throwing yourself? No way.

I guess it's because I'm what again? A bad person and a liar? What exactly did I lie about? Quote me. If you can't you are a liar and a bad person. One thing for sure is you are a spazzy, pathetic, self obsessed, lonely loser. Happy birthday though. Not sad and lonely at all that you posted a thread on it :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Probably trade Jrue too.
They ran out of time and leverage. Once LA and them started shopping 4 around it was LA or a big Bos/NY offer that never came. NO still got a straight up haul.

It is funny to me though that they are shopping 4 around and not Ball. I'd take anything I could get for Ball and take Garland at 4.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am

Probably trade Jrue too.
They ran out of time and leverage. Once LA and them started shopping 4 around it was LA or a big Bos/NY offer that never came. NO still got a straight up haul.

It is funny to me though that they are shopping 4 around and not Ball. I'd take anything I could get for Ball and take Garland at 4.
Good point.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I don’t think New Orleans knows if they want to win now or not yet.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:33 am I don’t think New Orleans knows if they want to win now or not yet.
Probably depend on what vets they get offered for #4.