Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Deal For PHO’s #6

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
thinktank

Deal For PHO’s #6

Post by thinktank »

I feel this deserves its own thread.

Who would you trade and who would you pick?

Teague + Saric + 11

For

Johnson + 6.

Take Sekou.

This helps Phoenix win now, in a West down year, and they can decide later if they want Saric. They have almost nothing at PG and PF, both.

Wolves get the youngest, and perhaps BPA at 6. White is also an option.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Re: Deal For PHO’s #6

Post by t_wrex »

Teague
Booker
Warren
Saric
Ayton

that gets you 8-10 in the west. No man's land.

If the Suns are dumb enough, sure.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 am Teague
Booker
Warren
Saric
Ayton

Denver was once in that same no man’s land.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am
Booker
Warren
Saric
Ayton

Denver was once in that same no man’s land.
Your point?

is Denver's old guy running the Suns right now or..?
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 am I feel this deserves its own thread.

Teague + Saric + 11

For

Johnson + 6.

Take Sekou.

This helps Phoenix win now, in a West down year, and they can decide later if they want Saric. They have almost nothing at PG and PF, both.

I have seen this trade hoovering around the internet, but I think I just take Little. BUT that depends on what you could get for Saric on his own. I doubt we re-sign him, so moving him in some deal is better than nothing if it is cap neutral. And doesn't PHX have enough space to just absorb everything? Not sure adding Johnson is needed.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Don't forget cash considerations.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 am

Teague + Saric + 11

For

Johnson + 6.

Take Sekou.

I have seen this trade hoovering around the internet, but I think I just take Little. BUT that depends on what you could get for Saric on his own. I doubt we re-sign him, so moving him in some deal is better than nothing if it is cap neutral. And doesn't PHX have enough space to just absorb everything? Not sure adding Johnson is needed.
Hovering around the internet? It's been me posting it here in a couple of threads,It's good that Tank has learned to just steal ideas from the best now.

Still think they ask for next year's pick instead of Saric though. No big deal since we can still flip Saric elsewhere. And adding Johnson is essentially another thing we put in the trade by taking his money.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Booker
Warren
Saric
Ayton

My opinion differs. I think if the Wolves are dumb enough......

I feel the talent is going to be just as good at 11 as it is at 6.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 am Hovering around the internet? It's been me posting it here in a couple of threads,It's good that Tank has learned to just steal ideas from the best now.

Still think they ask for next year's pick instead of Saric though. No big deal since we can still flip Saric elsewhere. And adding Johnson is essentially another thing we put in the trade by taking his money.
Please fuck off so hard. I don’t read almost 100% of your posts because you’re just a big angsty crybaby right now.
Last edited by thinktank on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

witljon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 am
Booker
Warren
Saric
Ayton

My opinion differs. I think if the Wolves are dumb enough......

I feel the talent is going to be just as good at 11 as it is at 6.
It may not be tho.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Teague + Saric + 11

For

Johnson + 6.

Take Sekou.

Wait a New York minute.

This trade idea has been discussed already in other threads.

Got anything new?
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 am Hovering around the internet? It's been me posting it here in a couple of threads,It's good that Tank has learned to just steal ideas from the best now.

Please fuck off so hard. I don’t read almost 100% of your posts because you’re just a big angsty crybaby right now.
The idea is over about a week old and I first saw it in the TNT board on RealGM (possibly where thinktank saw it), which is also part of the internet. I don't care if it is a byproduct of collective consciousness or not, the point is others have seen it as an option as well.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hey, I didn't say that so where did you get it from.

You know, because you parrot my ideas and pretend they are yours? You know? Like you do?

You're crying right now aren't you? Why? I'm not I'm...........oh wait........I am crying laughing.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Meh. Probably so but dont love it.

Tyler Johnson is probably the last guy on their roster I would want. Realize that it makes the money works. But f that noise.

Suns might like this deal if Coby and Garland is gone. Wouldnt they just want French freak, or think NAW for PG at 11.

I still like Saric a little bit here for us. God this board just hates him. Yes not perfect, but no not a bad player.

As for Suns roster if somehow able to poach an actual good player while moving up. Bridges, Warren, Josh Jackson, Okobo then sure lets talk. Bare min I guess would be getting Bender back if giving up Saric.

Will the french freak be a star, maybe? Culliver would be there at 6 if Garland and White are taken and Suns are actually looking to move this pick. So there is enough intrique to make the move. Both have Ceiling potential higher than anyone at 11.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

im gonna walk this one back.

Id be thrilled if #6 is as good as Saric. Rather have Saric and 11.

Teague doesn't hurt or help us. Freeing the cap space would allow us to sign.. oh yeah, nobody.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am

Hey, I didn't say that so where did you get it from.

You know, because you parrot my ideas and pretend they are yours? You know? Like you do?

You're crying right now aren't you? Why? I'm not I'm...........oh wait........I am crying laughing.
Pretty stupid take to think I steal your ideas. Really stupid. You seem to think the rest of internet doesn’t exist?

We agree on this deal. Good. Let’s build rapport not enmity.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by thinktank on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 pm im gonna walk this one back.

Teague doesn't hurt or help us. Freeing the cap space would allow us to sign.. oh yeah, nobody.
Not accounting for the salary of #6, I have our cap room at around $20,682,000 if PHX absorbed Teague & Saric - right in the ballpark for a potential 4/$80M Russell deal.
Last edited by Dubs on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

The #6 pick is slotted to make approximately $4M this year.
Last edited by Dubs on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

Could $16.6M in year 1 (w/ ladders up thereafter) be enough to land Russell? Probably not...
Last edited by Dubs on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Damn I don't think I've ever seen the two TT's going at it before.

I always get you guys mixed up. How are you guys different so I can separate you guys mentally?
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

And why wouldnt the sun's just sign Russell?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm Damn I don't think I've ever seen the two TT's going at it before.

I always get you guys mixed up. How are you guys different so I can separate you guys mentally?
Thrillkill is always a dick. I’m the one talking to people like they’re people and asking good questions.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 pm And why wouldnt the sun's just sign Russell?
He wants to play with his bff kat. We hope.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

thinktank wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:04 pm Damn I don't think I've ever seen the two TT's going at it before.

Thrillkill is always a dick. I’m the one talking to people like they’re people and asking good questions.

:roll:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm

And yet I go on a drunken rant (pointing this stupid shit out) and you nominate me for a Gibby calling me NO_MONEY,...too late I already have SO_MONEY and NO_MONEY vanity plates. What do you want? Do you want people to call out jerks? OR do you want to be the only one? I will hang up and listen...NO I won't LOL. People say things on here, often they are BS and are false, but sometimes people get lumped in. Best case, do well by the board and not feel a need to lie or brag about homes in Florida or Honduran chef wives as a metric of your worth to this place. Don't call people names or insult other for doing what you do. This is half the reason I don't care anymore.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Probably spot on there.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

kilkenny wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Probably spot on there.
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Probably spot on there.
Duplicate account spotted?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

SO_MONEY wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 pm
Keith_Morrison wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:39 pm

And yet I go on a drunken rant (pointing this stupid shit out) and you nominate me for a Gibby calling me NO_MONEY,...too late I already have SO_MONEY and NO_MONEY vanity plates. What do you want? Do you want people to call out jerks? OR do you want to be the only one? I will hang up and listen...NO I won't LOL. People say things on here, often they are BS and are false, but sometimes people get lumped in. Best case, do well by the board and not feel a need to lie or brag about homes in Florida or Honduran chef wives as a metric of your worth to this place. Don't call people names or insult other for doing what you do. This is half the reason I don't care anymore.
You were calling multiple people out. People who didn’t have anything to do with anything you were arguing with thinktank. That’s why people chuckled. You were totally bizarre.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 pm You were calling multiple people out. People who didn’t have anything to do with anything you were arguing with thinktank. That’s why people chuckled. You were totally bizarre.
And I wasn’t even the froob he started on.